Call of Duty players can add an additional, much-needed layer of security to their Activision account by enabling Two-Factor Authentication, and also get some free Double Battle Pass XP Tokens as a reward.
With unified progression across Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone, your Call of Duty account is likely filled with a plethora of valuable cosmetic items. Unfortunately, there are people out there who will try to steal your account, taking away all of your progress and purchased items.
If the worst happens and your account is breached, you can check out our complete guide on how to get your stolen Activision account back, but you should enable Two-Factor Authentication to reduce the risk.
As an incentive to activate Two-Factor Authentication, Activision is offering players two hours worth of Double Battle Pass XP Tokens.
Here’s how to enable 2FA, secure your account, and get some free Double XP Tokens.
How to enable CoD Two-Factor Authentication
- Go to Activision’s Two-Factor Authentication page to start.
- Select ‘Set Up Two-Factor Authentication’
- Log in to your Call of Duty account through your Activision login, or a linked PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, or Battle.net account.
- Download ‘Google Authenticator’ for your phone, available on the App Store or Google Play Store. Or, you can use another authentication app of your choice.
- Press the ‘+’ icon on the top left of the Google Authenticator, and scan the QR code displayed on the page.
- Enter the code in the ‘Google Authenticator’ app to finalize the link.
After you’ve completed the process, be sure to log in to your account one more time just to verify the process was correct.
Once this is done and activated, when you log in to your Activision or Call of Duty account, you will be asked to use the Google Authenticator passcode in addition to your regular password to log in.
After you set up Two-Factor Authentication, you’ll immediately get access to your two, 1-hour 2x Battle Pass XP Tokens. And if you already had 2FA enabled, you’ll receive your Tokens when they roll out on May 28.
Image Credit: Activision
Apex Legends player calls out “pay-to-win” Skydive emotes
Apex Legends has loads of cosmetic items for players, from weapon and Legend skins to Skydive emotes, which some players...
Apex Legends Shadow Royale: Start date, how to play, Olympus After Dark, more
The Apex Legends LTM Shadow Royale is available for players during the 2022 Halloween Event. Here are all the details...
Apex Legends Fight or Fright 2022: Start date, Olympus After Dark, Shadow Royale LTM, skins
Here's everything you need to know about Apex Legends Fight or Fright event 2022, including nighttime Olympus, Shadow Royale, and...