Epic’s Reboot a Friend reward initiative is to encourage previous Fortnite players to return to the game and reward them with free goodies. Use our guide to land yourself some cool gear and freebies.
Has Fortnite battle royale fatigue set in for some of your closest online gaming friends? Well, fear not as Epic has launched a scheme to try and tempt them back in with free goodies as a present.
It’s not the first time that Epic has offered Reboot a Friend, and this latest incarnation has fun stuff that may end up being exclusive, so it’s imperative that you follow our guide and get them as soon as possible.
Furthermore, even if you and your friends play regularly, then you’ll still be able to earn the rewards.
Fortnite Reboot a Friend rewards Season 6
The aim of the promotion is to earn points to unlock free items to customize your character with. The biggest appeal is the 100 points that can be earned for playing a game with a rebooted friend.
The first thing to note is that the starting 100-point promotion can only be offered to players that have been absent from Fortnite for over 30 days. If you’ve played sooner than that then you will not be eligible for the big bonus.
If you have played sooner, then you can still pair up with up to three friends to earn points.
To link up to your teammates and earn points, this is what you’ll need to do claim these rewards:
- Head to Fortnite’s Official Reboot a Friend website
- Click Get Started and sign into your Fortnite account
- You’ll then be able to select up to three friends to join you to earn points
- Once you’re all synced up, go and play Fortnite to earn points!
How do I earn points towards Reboot a Friend rewards?
So as we’ve already said, if you have linked up to other players using the above method, then your first game with a player that hasn’t played for 30 days will earn 100 points.
- Read More: Where to find all Fortnite Season 6 Rifts
Any subsequent games after this, or for players that don’t have any eligible squadmates, will earn an additional 10 points per game.
What prizes can I earn from Reboot a Friend in Fortnite Season 6?
The whole point of earning points is to unlock cool new items to equip and show off to other players.
Here’s all the flashy equipment you can unlock to equip:
- Reboot Spray
- Heartbeat Wrap
- Toxic Flash Glider
- Plasma Carrot Pickaxe (2 variants)
Reboot a Friend start date in Fortnite Season 6
The good news for those players who are keen to get stuck into the promotion and start earning points straight away is that you can start right now.
Reboot a Friend’s start date is April 6 and will conclude on April 26.
It’s another cool promotion to keep Season 6 bubbling over as fans are already awaiting news on Season 7.
Image credits: Epic Games
How to collect Mech Parts from Fishing Holes in Fortnite
Here’s how you can collect Mech Parts from Fishing Holes in the Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Resistance Quests.
You’ll need to visit Fishing Holes to collect Mech Parts in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2’s Resistance Quests, so here’s how you can get this done, as well as a map of their locations.
The Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Battle Pass has various cosmetics for you to unlock, and the best way to progress through all the Battle Pass tiers is by completing Weekly Quests that help you level up fast.
One of the Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Resistance Quests tasks you with collecting Mech Parts from Fishing Holes across the map. We’ll go over where you can find these locations on the island and get this done.
Fortnite Fishing Holes locations map
The good news is that Fishing Holes aren’t hard to find, as they exist in most bodies of water across the Fortnite map. You’ll know you’ve found one if you see white ripples in the water along with signs of underwater creatures.
Visiting Fishing Holes provides you the opportunity to catch fish with different effects such as regenerating your health or instantly killing enemies. While these spots can be found all over the island, some are richer than others.
Here are the best Fishing Hole locations in Fortnite:
- In the center of Loot Lake, just east of Fortress
- Around Fisher’s Paradise, west of Logjam Lumberyard
- Around Lofty Lighthouse, north of Sleepy Sound
- Between Cuddle Cruisers and Looper Landing, just east of the Daily Bugle
- West of Launchpad island, just south of the Daily Bugle
- Between Seven Outpost VII and Launchpad
- East of Outpost IV, just south of Condo Canyon
- East of Turbine island, just south of Greasy Grove
How to collect Mech Parts from Fortnite Fishing Holes
In order to complete this Resistance Quest, you’ll need a fishing tool like a harpoon or a fishing rod. You can normally find these inside barrels, chests, or as good loot near fishing areas.
Once you’ve acquired a fishing tool, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit a Fishing Spot,
- Equip your fishing rod
- Hold the action button to set the angle of your cast
- Let go of the button once it’s at the center of the fishing spot to throw the line
- Wait for something to tug your line
- Use the action button to start reeling in your catch
If you see Mech Parts appear in the water after this, you’ll have to dive in and swim towards them in order to collect them. Just keep fishing until you find 3 Mech Parts to complete Resistance Quest and you’ll earn 23,000 XP.
Image Credit: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG
How to upgrade weapons in Fortnite: Upgrade Bench locations
Here’s how you can find and use upgrade benches on the Fortnite map to increase your weapon rarity during matches,
Looking to upgrade your weapons in Fortnite? Then you’ll need to visit one of Fortnite’s Upgrade Benches. Check out our handy guide on these useful stations, complete with a map of everywhere they can be found.
When you hop into a game of Fortnite, your first task is to find powerful weapons that you can use to eliminate opponents. Epic’s battle royale has plenty of guns available, including Exotic and Mythic weapons that could help you secure that Victory Royale.
Here’s everything you need to know about upgrading weapons in Fortnite.
Fortnite Upgrade Bench locations
The Fortnite map features Upgrade Benches at 21 different locations, so you should never be too far away from finding one. You can consult the map from Fortnite.GG and check out the locations below.
Here are the Fortnite Upgrade Bench locations:
- In the middle of Logjam Lumberyard
- Inside the gas station west of Logjam Lumberyard
- Near Washout Wharf’s docks just north of Logjam Lumberyard
- Inside the gas station at Sleepy Sound
- Inside a gas station at Camp Cuddle
- Inside the gas station that’s north of The Fortress
- At the gas station in Coney Crossroads
- Inside a garage that’s east of the Daily Bugle
- In the center of Launchpad island which is located south of the Daily Bugle
- In the gas station on the south side of Tilted Towers
- At a gas station that’s southwest of Sanctuary
- At a gas station on the east side of The Joneses
- Inside a gas station on the south side of Greasy Grove
- Inside a shed on The Minnows’ docks, just west of Greasy Grove
- The east side of Turbine island that’s located south of Greasy Grove
- Inside the tower on the west side of Rocky Reels
- Inside a garage near Butter Barn, just south of Rocky Reels
- Next to the bus station in the middle of Synapse Station
- In a garage on the south side of Chonker’s Speedway
- In a garage on the north side of Chonker’s Speedway
- At a gas station on the north side of Condo Canyon
How to use Fortnite Upgrade Benches
Once you’ve found an Upgrade Bench, you just need to approach it, press interact, and follow the prompt to upgrade your weapon’s rarity. This process will require you to spend Gold Bars at the Upgrade Bench.
Here’s how much it costs to upgrade your weapons in Fortnite:
- Common (grey) > Uncommon (green): 200 Gold Bars
- Uncommon (green) > Rare (blue): 300 Gold Bars
- Rare (blue) > Epic (purple): 400 Gold Bars
- Epic (purple) > Legendary (orange): 500 Gold Bars
That covers everything that you need to know about upgrading weapons at Upgrade Benches in Fortnite! Be sure to visit one of these locations the next time you drop into a game and give your weapons a boost.
For more Fortnite, take a look at all the leaked Fortnite 20.40 cosmetics and how to complete Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Quests.
Image Credit: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG
How to complete Fortnite Sideways Showdown Week Quests
Here’s everything that you need to know in order to complete the brand-new Fortnite Sideways Showdown Week Quests.
There are brand-new challenges for you to tackle in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2, and here’s how you can complete the new Fortnite Sideways Showdown Week Quests.
Fortnite’s 20.40 update patch went live on May 17, adding plenty of brand-new content for players to enjoy in Chapter 3, Season 2, including the arrival of Ali-A’s Icon Series as well as new Sideways weapons.
The update has brought new challenges for players to complete in the form of the Sideways Showdown Week Quests, and we’ll go over everything that you need to know to complete these.
Fortnite’s Sideways Showdown Week Quests require you to use Sideways weapons to complete tasks such as dealing damage to your opponents or upgrading the weapons at upgrade benches.
Here are the Fortnite Sideways Showdown Week Quests:
- Damage opponents with Sideways Weapons. (500)
- Damage opponents with Sideways Weapons. (1500)
- Damage opponents with Sideways Weapons. (4500)
- Damage opponents with Sideways Weapons. (10000)
- Upgrade a Sideways weapon at an upgrade bench. (1)
- Overheat any Sideways gun. (1)
- Collect a Sideways Minigun and a Sideways Rifle in a single match. (2)
- Defeat IO forces with Sideways Minigun. (5)
- Damage opponents from 40 or more meters with the Sideways Rifle. (150)
Many of these challenges are fairly straightforward, and you can get them done in a single match. You’ll first need to collect Sideways weapons like the Sideways Rifle and Minigun from chests and ground loot on the map.
You can then use them to dish out damage to enemies, and firing them continuously for eight seconds will cause the weapons to become overheated, completing another Sideways Showdown Week Quest.
Upgrade benches can be found at different locations across the Fortnite map, and you can visit any one of them to upgrade your weapon. We’ll be sure to cover where you can find these in a separate guide.
That covers everything you need to know in order to quickly complete the Fortnite Sideways Showdown Week Quests. These will remain available until May 24 so be sure to complete them before then.
For more Fortnite content, be sure to also check out all the leaked Fortnite 20.40 cosmetics as well as our guide on how to play Fortnite on iPhone & iOS with Cloud Gaming & GeForce Now.
Image Credit: Epic Games
CoD Warzone 2: Leaks, rumors, platforms & release window
Activision are reportedly developing Warzone 2, so here's everything we know about the rumored sequel to CoD's battle royale.
Apex Legends best Arenas Legends: Arena Legends ranked
Apex Legends Arenas is a different experience to BR where some characters fare better than others. Here's our ranked list...
All Apex Legends Mobile characters: Full roster & exclusive Legends
Apex Legends Mobile offers players a new way to play Respawn's battle royale, but what Legends are available?