Playing GTA Online in a public session means dealing with a few rambunctious players, but you can avoid that by getting into your own solo ‘public’ lobby. Here’s how you can get this done.
There is always something for players to do in GTA Online because of continuous updates and the role-playing community. You can make a ton of money quickly, hunt for hidden treasure, and cause general mayhem.
While most players in a public session in-game are respectful, a few may decide to mess with you while you’re trying to complete races, jobs, and other activities. You can avoid these trolls by playing in a solo lobby.
How to get into a GTA Online solo public lobby on PS4/PS5/Xbox
There’s a simple trick for joining your own solo ‘public’ lobby. First thing’s first, you need to make sure that you’re inside a building you own if you want to avoid being sent to GTA 5’s story mode.
This trick involves disrupting your internet connection. Here’s what you need to do:
- Load into GTA 5 Story Mode.
- Unplug your Ethernet cable, and connect to a wireless network.
- Join a public GTA Online session and enter a building that you own.
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable to your console.
Once that’s done, all players should be kicked from your lobby. You’ll then find yourself alone in your own public lobby.
How to get into a GTA Online solo public lobby on PC
While this also works on PC, you can try an alternative method involving the task manager’s network performance monitor. Simply launch GTA V and then follow these steps:
- Join a public GTA Online session, and visit the building you own.
- Press alt-tab to open Task Manager.
- Select the Performance tab and click “Open Resource Monitor.”
- Find and Right-click GTA5.exe before selecting “Suspend Process.”
- After a few seconds, right-click again and select ‘Resume Process’.
After you’ve followed these steps, the game will kick you out of the lobby you were in and put you in a new one. You’ll get to play GTA Online by yourself without having to worry about reduced earnings and player interference.
However, you might not be alone for your whole play session, as another player might eventually join your lobby. The good news is that you can repeat either of the processes above to enjoy your own session again.
After a while, it’s possible that another player could find their way into your GTA lobby, but if you repeat the processes listed above, it won’t be long before you’re in a new, empty one again.
Image credit: Rockstar Games
GTA Online Prize Ride January 20 vehicle: How to get Calico GTF for free
Thanks to the GTA Online Los Santos Tuners update, players can earn a weekly Prize Ride vehicle, and here’s how to get one, and what it is.
The Los Santos Tuners update introduced the LS Car Meet, and this week players can get the Karin Calico GTF free as the GTA Online’s Prize Ride January 20 vehicle.
While players are enjoying The Contract update, the Los Santos Tuners update was certainly up there with the Cayo Perico update in terms of an important content drop for GTA Online. Many players love to earn lots of money, buy amazing, fast cars, mod them how they see fit, and parade them around the city.
As well as adding new cars and collectibles, the update also welcomed a fun new challenge for players to complete. GTA Online’s Prize Ride can be obtained by meeting a certain requirement, and we’ll detail everything below.
How to unlock GTA Online’s free Calico GTF Los Santos Tuners Prize Ride
To get the Calico GTF, you’ll need to win a Pursuit Race every day for five days in a row to complete the Prize Ride challenge.
Each week, players can unlock a new vehicle for free at the LS Car Meet. From January 20, players will be able to get their hands on this awesome car, but only until January 27, 2022.
That’s the simple condition you will need to meet to win the car for yourself. Given that it normally costs $1,995,000, it’s definitely worth trying to get!
- Read More: GTA Online weekly update & patch notes
Here’s Rockstar’s official description of the Calico GTF:
“Ah, the 90’s. Out of a chaotic fusion of grunge, dial-up, and third-wave feminism came the Karin Calico GTF, a car that took a little bit of everything and made something new: muscle heritage, rally chops, street racer cred. Looks like it’s time to drop the sticky VHS and curtain your hair, homeskillet: you’ve got some homework to do.”
With GTA 6 rumored to be in development hell, the GTA Trilogy: Definitive Edition out and not doing well, and the GTA V Enhanced and Expanded Remaster nearly here, the franchise has a lot on its plate.
Also, check out the claim that Rockstar support “ignores” cheaters, and stay tuned for the January 27 Prize Ride vehicle when it releases!
Image Credit: Rockstar Games / GTA Wiki
GTA Online January 20 patch notes: New I-Wagen, Drift Tampa podium vehicle
The January 20 GTA Online patch notes adds the new I-Wagen SUV, plus the Drift Tampa as a free reward from the podium.
A new week means a new GTA Online update, and January 20’s patch has added another new vehicle in the I-Wagen, offers the Drift Tampa as the new podium reward vehicle, and has major discounts and bonuses.
2022 is kicking off with a bang, with GTA Online offering players plenty of free content after the huge Contract DLC update.
The series as a whole is in an interesting place right now as the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S re-release is due in early 2022, GTA 6 is apparently stuck in development hell, and the GTA Trilogy has had a tough time with players lamenting countless glitches that have made the game the lowest-rated Metacritic title ever.
However, one element of the franchise that remains steadfast is GTA Online as Rockstar keeps pumping it full of changes and content to maintain its status as an absolute moneymaking success for the Grand Theft Auto franchise.
- New Obey I-Wagen
- Diamond Casino & Resort Lucky Wheel reward vehicle
- 2x GTA$ & RP
- GTA Online weekly discounts
GTA Online January 20 patch notes
New Obey I-Wagen
The headline addition to GTA Online this week is a brand-new electric vehicle, based on the real-life Audi e-tron SUV.
Available from Southern San Andreas Super Autos, the Obey I-Wagen will set you back $1,720,000 and was first spotted as part of The Contract update back in December.
The SUV’s official description reads: “It’s time to look to the future, but you need to take things slow. World Peace? No thanks. Universal healthcare? Gtfo. An SUV that’s all-electric? Alright. It’s a start. The forward-thinking Obey I-Wagen: there’s an inch of ozone with your name on it.”
Drift Tampa Diamond Casino Lucky Wheel Reward
The grand prize at the Diamond Casino Lucky Wheel this week is the Declasse Drift Tampa, a wide-body drifting version of the regular Tampa. First added as part of the Cunning Stunts update, this car will have you sliding around Los Santos.
Normally worth $995,000, players can get this vehicle for free if they land on the vehicle reward during one of their free spins this week.
3x & 2x GTA$ & RP
Special promotions and extra earning opportunities are here once more as players can get a nice helping of 3x GTA$ and RP on any Simeon Contract Mission.
- Read More: How to get GTA Online Prize Ride for free
On top of that, there’s also 2x GTA$ & RP on South Central Leak and Hardest Target Adversary Mode.
Vehicle & property discounts
GTA Online players will find big discounts this week, with up to 60% off vehicles and 30% off selected weapons.
- Read more: How to use the Director Mode in GTA 5
Here are all the latest discounts in GTA Online:
- 60% off
- Wastelander ($263,340 – $198,000)
- 50% off
- Blazer Aqua ($877,800 – $660,000)
- 40% off
- Barrage ($1,272,810 – $957,000)
- Armored Boxville ($1,755,600 – $1,320,000)
- Coquette D10 ($906,000)
- Hauler Custom ($840,000)
- Itali GTB ($713,400)
- Itali GTB Custom ($297,000)
- Vectre ($1,249,500 – $937,125)
- 30% off
- 30% Off Agency Armory ($504,000)
- Stun Gun ($262,500)
- Compact EMP Launcher ($278,250)
There will also be old and new music available on Radio Los Santos and West Coast Classics for those who like to blast the radio while zooming around Los Santos county.
That just about does it for this week’s January 20 update, which will last until January 27, 2022 – so check back then for all of the latest bonuses and discounts.
Image Credit: Rockstar Games
All NPC locations in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 1
Here are the locations for each of Fortnite Chapter 3’s NPCs who can turn you into a Prop, reveal future Storm Circles, and give you Quests.
Fortnite Chapter 3 features various wacky NPCs you can visit around the island, so here are all of the Fortnite NPC locations for whenever you might need to find these characters in Season 1.
There are multiple fun characters that you can run into on Fortnite Island. These NPCs perform different functions like revealing future Storm Circles in exchange for Gold Bars or giving you Weekly Quests.
Fortnite Chapter 3 introduced several new NPCs, such as Spider-Man and The Visitor. These characters are spread out across the Island, and this guide will make it much easier for you to find them.
Here’s every Fortnite Chapter 3 NPC and their location on the Season 1 map.
All Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 1 NPC locations
There are currently 22 NPCs in the game. Thanks to the website Fortnite.GG, we’ve got each of their locations in Chapter 3, Season 1 so far. The site has also marked each NPC that can turn you into a Prop for the right price.
Here are the detailed locations of each Fortnite Chapter 3 NPC:
- The Visitor: Launch Pad island east of The Sanctuary (can be hired)
- The Scientist: North end of The Sanctuary (reveals future Storm Circles)
- Agent Jones: Seven Outpost III north-east of The Daily Bugle (can be hired)
- The Foundation: East side of The Sanctuary
- Bunker Jonesy: South-west side of The Joneses
- Ludwig: Building south-east of The Joneses
- Brainiac: Building in the centre of The Joneses (can be hired)
- Mullet Maurader: Red roofed building at north side of The Joneses
- Jonesy The First: Building in the north-east of The Joneses (can be hired)
- Cuddle Team Leader: Pink roofed building at the north side of Camp Cuddle
- Metal Team Leader: Grey roofed building at the south side of Camp Cuddle
- Cuddlepool: Red roofed building at the south side of Camp Cuddle (can be hired)
- Quackling: Yellow roofed building at the south side of Camp Cuddle
- Guaco: Inside the restaurant at Greasy Grove
- Lil’ Whip: Inside the ice cream shop at Coney Crossroads (can turn you into a Prop)
- Bao Bros: South-east building in Greasy Grove (can turn you into a Prop)
- Tomatohead: Inside the middle store in Greasy Grove (can turn you into a Prop & sells Rifts)
- Mancake: In Butter Barn north-west of Chonker’s Speedway (can turn you into a prop & be dueled)
- Shanta: South-east of Condo Canyon (can be hired & sells Rifts)
- Lt. John Llama: South-east of Logjam Lumberyard (can be hired)
- Haven: Near Haven’s Oasis lake west of Chonker’s Speedway
- Galactico: On the football pitch at Tilted Towers
These NPCs are guaranteed to spawn in every match of Fortnite, so you should have no trouble finding the Fortnite NPC locations. However, NPCs are known to move around, so we’ll update you if they are found in any more locations.
- Read More: How many people play Fortnite?
You’ll notice that Fortnite Chapter 3 features fewer characters than in previous seasons and many of them are grouped together at the same locations. However, more NPCs are expected to be added later on.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Buttercake Klombos dinosaurs in Fortnite Chapter 3 and the Fortnite 19.10 update patch notes.
Image Credit: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG
Best Vanguard Kar98k loadout for Warzone Pacific Caldera
Warzone Pacific has brought a familiar dominant weapon to the game, but this time it's Vanguard's rendition. Here's our best...
How to unlock Kilo 141 in CoD Mobile
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 1 has brought the fan-favorite Kilo 141 Assault Rifle, so here's how to unlock it.
Crazy Alcatraz video shows just how accurate Warzone’s Rebirth Island really is
Warzone players can now witness a side-by-side comparison of Rebirth Island and real-life Alcatraz Island.