While playing Call of Duty with your friends on different platforms can be fun, there is a risk of you encountering hackers and cheaters. You can avoid that by using our guide to turn off crossplay in Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 4.
Crossplay in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone is a feature that connects players across all platforms through an “Activision Account.” Players who do not opt-in to this system will be unable to play cross-platform across PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.
If you do have an Activision Account, you will be automatically entered into the crossplay player pool by default. If you feel like this isn’t for you, and you want the option to disable this, then follow our quick and easy guide.
How to turn off crossplay for Black Ops Cold War
- Log into Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer
- Navigate to ‘Settings’
- Go to the ‘Account & Network’ tab
- Change Crossplay from ‘Enabled’ to ‘Disabled’
How To Turn off Warzone Crossplay
- Log into Warzone
- Go to the ‘Options’ section
- Navigate to the ‘Account’ tab
- Change Crossplay from ‘Enabled’ to ‘Disabled’
Once crossplay is disabled, you’ll only matchmake against players on your native platform. You can toggle crossplay back on at any time. We especially recommend having it on while queuing for Warzone.
Also, be warned, only PlayStation can turn off crossplay in Warzone. Xbox and PC players will be forced to turn the option back on before beginning matchmaking.
Why turn off crossplay for Cold War & Warzone?
Simply put, cheaters and hackers. If you’re a console-only player, you might run into a few from the PC platform. While Raven Software has been issuing ban waves in an attempt to stop the constant torrent of blatant cheaters and constant hackers, they still continue to exist.
We strongly recommend keeping crossplay on to ensure the queue times stay short, we also understand that running into cheaters is not fun.
Unfortunately, if you’re on PC, turning off crossplay will significantly increase your matchmaking times. We do not recommend turning off crossplay unless you are on a console.
Why should I keep crossplay on?
If you’re wondering why you should keep crossplay on – first and foremost, interconnectivity. With crossplay enabled, you can play with Call of Duty friends on other platforms. If this is off, players on other platforms won’t be able to join your sessions and you won’t be able to join them.
Secondly, matchmaking times will be impacted if you turn off crossplay. More so on PC than other platforms, but the matchmaking pool you enter into on console will be against players with no Activision ID and other players who have turned off crossplay.
Lastly, connections. You’ll be entered into a more narrow pool of players, so this could also have a negative impact on your ping. Overall though, you should still be matchmade into the best available games.
Ultimately, it’s up to you how you proceed with matchmaking but we would definitely recommend factoring in all the information above and thinking carefully.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Treyarch
Cold War October 13 update patch notes: Vanguard Zombies reveal, Grav fix & zombies changes
Treyarch Studios has rolled out the Black Ops Cold War October 13 update, and we have all of the patch notes covered for you.
Season 6 is underway in the world of Black Ops Cold War, and Treyarch Studios has rolled out the October 13 update to provide some fixes and updates for players, and we have all of the patch notes covered for you.
It has been an exciting time in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, with Season 6 bringing various changes, including weapon buffs and nerfs and the new Forsaken Zombies map with its insanely powerful wonder weapon.
However, this has not stooped Treyarch Studios from improving Black Ops Cold War which was the focus of the Black Ops Cold War October 13 update patch notes, including a look at the upcoming Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies reveal.
You can find everything you need to know about the Black Ops Cold War October 13 update patch notes below:
Black Ops Cold War October 13 update patch notes
SEASON SIX CONTINUES
We’ve added new gameplay improvements and fixes to MP and Zombies this week, including a fix for Grav attachment unlock levels, full details on the latest Wonder Weapon upgrades in Zombies, “Forsaken” updates, and more. In the Store, “Fuze” has arrived as our latest playable Warsaw Pact Operator, introduced to the world in the Season Six Cinematic.
Players can also now unlock legacy Prestige Icons for Prestige 13-15 from Black Ops in the Prestige Shop, as well as Prestige 13-14 and Grand Master Prestige icons from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare! If you’ve been looking to complete your collection, now’s the time.
TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR VANGUARD ZOMBIES
In tomorrow’s update, we’re bringing Amerika 24/7 and Gunfight Gluboko to this week’s Featured Playlists – and of course, the worldwide reveal of Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies kicks off at 8AM PT / 11AM ET, Oct. 14th!
Set a reminder for the premiere of tomorrow’s Zombies Reveal Trailer, and get ready for the full behind-the-scenes reveal later in the day. We can’t wait to share what the team’s been working on for this new chapter of the Dark Aether story.
Until then… here’s what’s new since our Oct. 7 update:
- Added Prestige Icons for Prestige 13-15 from Black Ops.
- Added Prestige Icons for Prestige 13-14 and Grand Master Prestige from Advanced Warfare.
- Addressed an issue related to Grav attachment unlock levels.
- Main Quest
- Crystals will now respawn during the escort section of the Main Quest to prevent a possible progression break.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause the dragon to freeze during the Der Eisendrache pinball minigame.
- Enabled “Forsaken” in Local play.
- Base Versions
- D.I.E. now receives a percentage of its max ammo capacity when an enemy is absorbed, as opposed to a fixed amount. This makes higher ammo capacity versions more viable, such as the D.I.E. Electrobolt.
- D.I.E. melee damage increased from 145 to 160.
- D.I.E. Electrobolt
- D.I.E. Electrobolt increases movement speed while firing from 75% to 100% of base.
- D.I.E. Electrobolt now consumes more ammo for level 2 and 3 energy beams (increases the longer the trigger is held).
- Pack-a-Punched Version (D.E.A.D.)
- D.E.A.D. vacuums up to 3 enemies at a time at slightly increased damage (as a percentage of the enemy’s max health).
- D.E.A.D. Glacialator increases movement speed while firing to 90% of base (vs. 75% for the Cryo-Emitter).
- D.E.A.D. Joltsurge increases movement speed while firing to 125% of base (vs. 100% from the Electrobolt).
- Base Versions
- RAI K-84
- Vortex explosion damage increased by 100%.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused incorrect zombie pathing in the Main Street space.
- Added stability fixes related to the Abomination.
- Addressed an issue that allowed the Abomination to push players out of the playable area.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Abomination beam attack sound to be heard after the attack ended.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause Tempests to follow players into the Observation Tower space.
- PhD Slider
- Addressed an issue that could cause the player to take explosive damage when fully cooking a grenade with PhD Slider Tier III or higher equipped.
- Plaguehounds have been capped to 15 per Surge. Chance to spawn has been lowered from 10% to 5%.
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Treyarch Studios
How to get Warzone & Cold War Prime Gaming rewards
Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players can now take advantage of Prime Gaming and earn some exciting rewards for their battles.
Prime Gaming is an exciting way developers reward players with various in-game items, with Call of Duty: warzone and Black Ops Cold War being the two latest games to join.
There are different ways that players can acquire these cosmetic items. One of the newest is through the popular Prime Gaming service, which allows Amazon Prime subscribers to get in-game rewards for free for their favorite games.
With this in mind, here is how you can get the Warzone and Cold War Prime Gaming rewards.
How to get Warzone and Cold War Prime Gaming rewards
Players interested in getting the Prime Gaming rewards will first need to make sure they are an Amazon Prime subscriber.
If you are not, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial to try out the service and redeem the Warzone & Cold War Prime Gaming rewards that are currently available.
- Read More: When does Warzone Season 6 start?
The full set of steps you need to take to add these new items to your collection for both Call of Duty games can be found below:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Call of Duty Offer Detail Page: https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/callofduty.
- Step 2: Click “Claim Now” on the active content drop.
- Step 3: Log in with your Prime-enabled account or sign up for Prime.
- Step 4: Click “Continue” to begin the account-linking process.
- Step 5: Click “Go to Activision” to be redirected to Activision’s account-linking page.
- Step 6: Log in with your Activision account and authorize Prime Gaming to fulfill content.
- Step 7: Click “Complete Claim.”
Once you complete these steps, the items you claimed will be available once you launch Warzone or Black Ops Cold War.
You can find all of the currently available Warzone and Cold War Prime Gaming rewards below:
Warzone and Cold War Prime Gaming Flight School Bundle
World Series of Warzone Fall 2021 Pack
Source: Call of Duty Blog
Image Credits: Activision / Amazon
How to get free Warzone & Cold War Season 6 Combat Pack
Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players on PlayStation consoles can now get a free Season 6 Combat pack to upgrade their inventories.
Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players on PlayStation 4 or PS5 can get a new Combat Pack filled with cosmetic items to celebrate Season 6.
Season 6 is officially underway in Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, with various new content across the game. Activision and Sony have released a free Combat Pack to celebrate Season 6, containing multiple items for players to enjoy, exclusively for PlayStation Plus players.
Activision and PlayStation’s partnership includes new Combat Packs for every season and Season 6 of Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War is no different.
Players can now get their hands on the Call of Duty Combat pack for Season 6 and all of the content it has to offer to PS4 and PS5 players.
How to get free Call of Duty: Warzone and Cold War Combat Pack in Season 6
This Call of Duty Combat Pack is only available for Playstation 5 and Playstation 4 players who are Playstation Plus members.
Here’s how you can get it:
- First, make sure you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber
- Then you can either head to this link, sign in, and add the bundle to their account to download the next you boot up your console
- Or start up Black Ops Cold War or Warzone, and then head to the in-game Store
- Select Franchise Store and acquire the free Combat Pack
Everything included in the Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Combat Pack is listed below:
- Epic Operator Skin for Kwan Song
- Epic Tactical Rifle Blueprint
- Epic Emblem
- Epic Wrist Accessory
- Epic Sticker
- Epic Calling Card
- 60-minute Double XP Token
Combat Pack trailer
Players can download the Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Combat Pack until the end of Season 6, and it’s exclusive to PlayStation Plus members.
For more Call of Duty: Warzone, check out everything you need to know about the new RICOCHET anti-cheat system coming to the Call of Duty battle royale and Call of Duty: Vanguard, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Activision / PlayStation
First Perk in CoD: Vanguard Zombies revealed
A Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies screenshot has confirmed one of the Perks that will be in the game and...
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team pack animations: How to tell if it’s boards or a walkout
Packs are the lifeblood of FIFA 22 Ultimate Team, and there's an easy way to tell if you're about to...
Apex Legends Season 11: Every teaser so far
Respawn Entertainment have been teasing many aspects of Season 11 recently, so let's take a look at the hints for...