The incredible Chrysalax Wonder Weapon has arrived in Black Ops Cold War Season 6, find out how to get your hands on it in the Forsaken Zombies map by finding it or crafting it.
It’s true that killing endless streams of Zombies is satisfying and fun, but it can be made even better if you obtain some amazing weapons to do it. This is why you must unlock the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon during a game of Cold War’s Forsaken Zombies.
Not only does it look like a cool, undead-slaying implement of destruction, but its special powers will make your gameplay far more efficient.
Unlocking the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon in Forsaken Zombies
There are multiple ways you can go about making sure the Chrysalax ends up in your possession.
Here are several methods to obtain the Chrysalax.
1. Crafting the Chrysalax
There’s one guaranteed method to acquire the Chrysalax, and that’s by crafting it yourself in Forsaken.
Here’s how to make the Chrysalax:
- Lift the lockdown by turning on the power
- From the direction you’re facing, turn right and go into the room ahead of you
- Next to a Mystery Box location, you’ll see a button on the wall, push it
- After several rounds of Zombies, a shielded crystal will smash through the donut shop
- Kill enough special enemies and the shield will disappear, revealing an exposed ‘Polymorphic Crystal Core,’ take it
- The next step requires you to kill a Tormentor using the Flamethrower Scorestreak, and you can then pick up the ‘Tempered Crystal Heart’ it drops
- Now, wait for an Abomination enemy to appear, and get it to perform its long-range beam attack on an Aether Crystal and acquire the ‘Energetic Geode’
- Make your way to the ‘Amplifier’ section, and insert crystals into the ‘Particle Accelerator’
- After a few moments, you’ll then need to start meleeing zombies next to the Particle Accelerator to charge it up
- You’ll know you’ve done as an almost angelic audio cue will happen, and the Chrysalax will slowly rise from within the machine
- Take it, and go an enjoy!
2. Open the mystery box
As with all incarnations of Zombies in Cold War, the map has a Mystery Box that tends to be slightly erratic and shift around from place to place. Spend 950 Points on the box and pray that the Zombies gods are in your favor, delivering you a Chrysalax.
A nice and easy way to obtain it, but a route that requires a great deal of luck to work successfully.
3. Legendary Trial Rewards
The Forsaken map has a trial machine for you to make use of, providing you with different objectives in exchange for great rewards.
If you are able to smash the challenge and level up your potential reward to “Legendary” tier, then you have the chance to claim a Chrysalax upon redemption of the reward.
4. Der Eisendrache Gold Chest
There are arcade games in Forsaken, and one of them is quite important as you can potentially earn a free Chrysalax from playing one.
To do this:
- Collect arcade tokens dropped by Zombies
- Head to the arcade games and use the tokens to to trigger the “Der Eisendrache” Pinball machine
- You’ll be taken to an area reminiscent of the Dragon side quest in Outbreak Zombies
- Kill zombies in the designated area until the canisters on the side of the dragon monument are full
- Once you are successful, a Golden Chest will be dropped
- Open it, and hopefully claim a Chrysalax
- If not, then repeat the above steps
How to use the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon in Forsaken Zombies
Now that you hopefully have the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon, it’s time to put it to good use. To use it, you’ll need to know about its different forms.
Chrysalax Savager Disc & Melee Mode
The Chrysalax will start off in its basic melee mode, and players can perform the following actions using it:
- R2 / RT: Double Axe Swing
- L2 / LT: Throw energy blade (requires energy charges)
- Hold L2 / LT: keep energy blade spinning in place
- Up on D-pad: Transform to gun mode
Chrysalax Storm Mode
With the Chrysalax in its gun mode, it becomes a furious new automatic weapon like the CRBR-S Wonder Weapon, and if you Pack-A-Punch it, the Chrysalax will continue to get more powerful.
These are the known methods to get the Chrysalax in Forsaken at the moment, if more become known then we’ll be sure to update this guide!
Also, check out the full update and patch notes for Zombies in Cold War Season 6.
Image Credit: Activison / Treyarch
When does Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start? Season 6 end date
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is set to make way for Vanguard Season 1, here’s everything we know about when it will happen.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is finally here, but players will have to wait a little longer for the game’s first season. Here’s everything we know about Vanguard & Warzone Season 1, including release date and content.
After months of anticipation, Call of Duty: Vanguard has finally arrived, taking players back in time to World War II for all-out combat across the world. While Vanguard dropped on November 5, players will have to wait a little longer for the first season, and the content it will bring with it.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start date
The sixth season of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will end on Thursday, December 2, 2021, bringing an end to the Treyarch game’s run. Vanguard Season 1 will officially kick off on December 8.
Vanguard owners will have 24-hour exclusive first play access to the Caldera map. Open access begins on Dec. 9. So, if you’re looking to get on the new map early, make sure you purchase Vanguard!
Vanguard will have been out nearly a month at this point, making it the ideal time to bring in the new Warzone Caldera map and WW2 weapons set to drop with the first season, as well as the long-awaited introduction of anti-cheat.
This isn’t to say that Black Ops Cold War will be forgotten, as Modern Warfare has still received content updates in the last year.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 content
Season 1 will be hugely important for both games, with major content coming to both Vanguard and Warzone.
For Vanguard, players will receive new multiplayer maps to explore and do battle on, along with the first Vanguard-specific Battle Pass, filled with new cosmetic content for players to enjoy.
- Read More: Best FOV settings for CoD: Vanguard
Season 1 is set to be one of the biggest Warzone updates ever, with the new Pacific Caldera map finally releasing, Vanguard weapons being added, and the introduction of the new RICOCHET anti-cheat system.
There are also lots of changes coming to various aspects of Warzone, such as nerfs to Dead Silence and even a buff to Gas Masks.
What’s happening before Vanguard & Warzone Season 1
While December 8th will be when all of the official Vanguard and Warzone Season 1 action will be kicking off, there is still plenty of action to enjoy in the remaining time of Black Ops Cold War Season 6.
You can find the official schedule for all of the content coming to Warzone and Black Ops Cold War ahead of Vanguard Season 1 below thanks to the Call of Duty blog.
- October 28 (Console) and November 2 (PC): Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre-Loading Begins – Pre-order now to get your game ready to play immediately at launch, in addition to numerous bonuses across Vanguard, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone.
- November 5: Call of Duty: Vanguard Launch – Expect epic experiences on all fronts with Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. Additionally, RICOCHET Anti-Cheat begins its implementation with server-side initiatives.
- November 5 to December 2: Preseason in Vanguard – Access to Free Vanguard Tiers on the Black Ops Cold War Season Six Battle Pass System continues. Then on November 17, prepare to ship off to a fan-favorite map.
- November 18: Operation: Flashback Begins in Warzone – An encore limited-time mode for Verdansk, celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone. Ready for your last dance in Verdansk?
- November 24: Uncover the “Secrets of the Pacific” – Get intel on Caldera and its new points of interest through this event’s Warzone and Vanguard Multiplayer challenges.
- November 30 and December 1: Last Hours of Verdansk. – Bombs away – see what happens to Verdansk before Warzone goes dark to prepare for Caldera and Season One.
- December 8: Season One Begins – Vanguard players get new Multiplayer maps, 24 hours of exclusive access to Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Pacific and more to kick off Season One. All players can enjoy a new Battle Pass system and two free functional weapons. Plus: RICOCHET Anti-Cheat’s driver begins its rollout in Warzone.
In the meantime, players can continue to enjoy Vanguard’s Multiplayer and the final days of Verdansk.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer games
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Cold War players claim they’ll boycott game as “best mode” removal sparks fury
Black Ops Cold War fans are claiming they will boycott the game after the “best mode” was removed, days before Vanguard’s release.
Hours before Vanguard’s release, players are claiming they’ll boycott Black Ops Cold War following the removal of the game’s “best mode.”
With Activision releasing a new Call of Duty annually, each game’s lifespan is two years tops. Some CoD titles will fizzle out before then, while others hang on for dear life near the end of year two.
Vanguard aims to take players back to WWII. Many fans have expressed their disappointment with returning to an oversaturated time period. So much so that players had planned on sticking with Black Ops Cold War for a second year.
However, players’ plans to stick with BOCW changed after the recent removal of the fan-favorite 12v12 mode. This isn’t the first time Treyarch removed this mode, but fans have reason to believe it won’t be coming back.
Fans boycott Cold War following 12v12 removal
Just days before Vanguard’s release, Treyarch has pulled the plug on Black Ops Cold War’s 12v12 mode. And of course, fans are furious. Players that had planned to stick with BOCW for a second year are now boycotting the game until 12v12 is reinstated.
Many fans have taken to Twitter and Reddit to express their disappointment. Tweets from users like chaigrima and ColvinoYT state that 12v12 was the “only reason” they played CW Multiplayer.
Replies to posts similar to these are from fans stating they won’t be returning to BOCW until 12v12 is reinstated. And a Reddit post from u/RagingSerenity claims that 12v12 was BOCW’s “best game mode” and the game is boring now that it’s gone.
For the most part, fans understand why Treyarch removed the game mode. Activision wants Vanguard to sell as many copies as possible at launch. And one of the best ways to do so is to throttle players’ enjoyment of a previous title.
With so many players flooding Vanguards servers over the coming days, Activision may also need to free up server space. Nonetheless, BOCW fans are still outraged at the removal of 12v12. And it’s hard to say whether Treyarch can justify bringing it back after the release of Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Vanguard Zombies players extremely disappointed with lack of Season 1 content
Fans of the popular Zombies game mode are furious with the underwhelming additions coming to Vanguard in Season 1.
Apex Legends Season 11 Raiders Collection Event: Release date, skins, & Heirloom
The Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event has finally been revealed for Season 11. Here's all the details you need to...
All Warzone Pacific Caldera POIs in real life: Capital, Resort, more
Warzone Pacific's Caldera map appears to be inspired by several real life locations, so here's every Caldera POI and its...