The Cane is the latest melee weapon coming to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone with Season 5, so here’s how to unlock it.
Black Ops Cold War has offered melee fans a wide variety of options, with Season 5 bringing the eighth option. We’ve got a Mace, a sword, a Sledgehammer, a Baseball Bat, and even a shovel to batter the opposition with. But Season 5 is bringing something more elegant in the Cane.
This melee weapon will be available at the start of Season 5, so here’s how to unlock the Cane in Cold War and Warzone.
How to unlock the Cane in Cold War & Warzone
The Cane will arrive at the start of Cold War and Warzone Season 5 along with the TEC-9 SMG and EM2 Assault Rifle. While the two guns can be unlocked through the Battle Pass, the Cane is unlocked through two different challenges.
You can find the unlock challenges for the Cane in Cold War and Warzone below:
- Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer/ Warzone: Using a Melee weapon, kill an enemy disoriented or blinded by your Stun Grenade or Flashbang in 15 different completed matches.
- Black Ops Cold War Zombies: Using a Melee weapon, kill 20 or more enemies consecutively without getting hit 50 times.
How to get Lost Lion Cane Stolen Goods bundle blueprint
Players can also automatically unlock the Cane in Cold War and Warzone without having to complete any of the two challenges above by purchasing the Stolen Goods bundle in the Call of Duty store, which will grant you access to the Lost Lion blueprint that will allow you to use the melee weapon immediately.
While the Cane is unlikely to be an effective choice in Warzone, it should excel in the confines of Cold War’s multiplayer maps. Treyarch has described it as “classy as it is deadly” and will be able to knock the enemy unconscious in one hit.
Cold War Season 5 will introduce a brand-new map, Echelon, as well as see the return of Slums from Black Ops 2. Stick to the indoors, and you’ll be able to clobber the opposition with the Cane.
Image Credit: Treyarch
Season 1 Vanguard update set to sync progression from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch’s latest announcement has detailed how Black Ops Cold War progression will sync to Vanguard with upcoming update.
As season 6 of Black Ops Cold War comes to a close, the devs have announced that an update will allow progress earned in last year’s title to sync to Vanguard.
Call of Duty players have just received confirmation that playing previous Call of Duty titles will work toward progressing in Vanguard. A new update is set to hit Black Ops Cold War on December 6th in preparation for the massive launch of Vanguard Season 1 on December 8.
The patch notes detail synchronized progression with Vanguard as well as new Prestige Levels and rewards, Season Challenge unlocks for the past six seasons, new Prestige Shop content, and weapon balancing.
Black Ops Cold War fans will be happy to hear that the game is going to continue to receive updates alongside Call of Duty: Vanguard. The latest announcement from Treyarch shares plenty of info concerning shared progression across Call of Duty titles.
Players will enjoy synced progression from each of Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone toward Vanguard. This may seem complicated but it just means that playing any of the three titles mentioned above will earn progression for Vanguard.
Synced progression entails unlocking Military Rank, weapons, Equipment, and Killstreaks. In addition, there will be a ton of interesting details such as allowing players to showcase their lifetime Prestige number earned across past titles.
Some changes will go live on December 6 while the rest will occur on December 8.
- Synchronized Military Ranks and Prestige Levels
- Military Rank and Prestige Level progression will be synchronized with Vanguard at the launch of Season One.
- All players will begin the season at the Military Rank or Prestige Level they have currently reached in Vanguard, or Military Rank 1 if they have not played Vanguard yet.
- Players can progress Vanguard Military Ranks in Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare to unlock weapons, Equipment, Killstreaks, and other content for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Prestige Rewards
- Complete Military Ranks 1-55 to start a new Prestige journey, with new Prestige Levels to unlock across Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare.
- In Season One, players can earn up to Prestige 7 as they progress their Season Level. Four additional Prestige Levels will be added per season.
- Each Prestige Level awards a Prestige Key, Tier Skip, Emblem, and Sticker in Black Ops Cold War.
- Reach Season Level 50 in Season One to unlock the exclusive “Duck Hunt” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Lifetime Prestige
- Lifetime Prestige display added to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at the start of Vanguard Season One that display the total number of Prestige Levels earned across previous seasons and in Vanguard.
- Prestige Master Ribbons
- Players can now continue their Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbon progression. Each season, a new Prestige Master Ribbon will be added to the current six Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbons.
- Players can progress their Prestige Master Ribbons in Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare by reaching Prestige Master at Season Level 200.
- Players can now catch up on missed Prestige Master Ribbons each time they earn 200 Season Levels in a season. For example, reaching Season Level 400 will award two Prestige Master Ribbons, if available.
- Black Ops Cold War Prestige Icons will be unlocked and available in the Prestige Shop for anyone who earned them in previous seasons.
- Players can now equip any acquired Prestige Icon (1-27) as long as they’ve reached Prestige Master at least once in a current or previous season.
- Players do not need to currently be Prestige Master to access Custom Prestige Icons in the Prestige Shop.
- Equipped Prestige Icons will no longer be reset at the start of each season.
- All previous Black Ops Cold War Season Challenges will be revealed and can be progressed by players who hadn’t revealed them over the course of previous seasons. Legacy Season Challenges can continue to be progressed in Black Ops Cold War.
- Starting with Season One, players can access and progress new Multiplayer Season Challenges in Vanguard and Warzone, as well as Zombies Season Challenges in Vanguard.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
- .410 Ironhide
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the .410 Ironhide Shotgun.
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the Grav Assault Rifle.
Weapon Tuning (Dec. 6)
- Reduced Damage Range from 3.81m to 3.68m.
- Increased Damage drop-off when fired beyond 3.68m.
- Dragon’s Breath Attachment
- Now has a -5% effect on Fire Rate.
- Increased Damage Range penalty from -25% to -35%.
- Reduced Damage bonus from +17% to +16%.
- 12.1″ Extended Barrel
- Reduced Damage Range bonus from +20% to +15%.
- Updated Lobby theming in Multiplayer and Zombies.
Zombies (Dec 6)
- Closed an exploit during the Main Quest boss fight.
- Added “Not Enough Essence” prompt to the Arcade Token dispenser when the player does not have enough Essence to purchase a token.
Mauer der Toten
- Addressed an issue where a texture was not appearing correctly after melting the door during the Main Quest.
- Enemies killed by Brain Rot zombies will now contribute toward the Dragon Relic World Event.
- Added Onslaught Containment and Onslaught Deprogram to offline Local play.
- Fixed stability issues related to the Arsenal.
That covers everything from the upcoming Black Ops Cold War update. If you’re enjoying Vanguard, be sure to check out how this update impacts your gaming experience on December 8.
For more Vanguard content, check out why Zombies players are disappointed with Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Treyarch
When does Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start? Season 6 end date
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is set to make way for Vanguard Season 1, here’s everything we know about when it will happen.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is finally here, but players will have to wait a little longer for the game’s first season. Here’s everything we know about Vanguard & Warzone Season 1, including release date and content.
After months of anticipation, Call of Duty: Vanguard has finally arrived, taking players back in time to World War II for all-out combat across the world. While Vanguard dropped on November 5, players will have to wait a little longer for the first season, and the content it will bring with it.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start date
The sixth season of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will end on Thursday, December 2, 2021, bringing an end to the Treyarch game’s run. Vanguard Season 1 will officially kick off on December 8.
Vanguard owners will have 24-hour exclusive first play access to the Caldera map. Open access begins on Dec. 9. So, if you’re looking to get on the new map early, make sure you purchase Vanguard!
Vanguard will have been out nearly a month by this point, making it the ideal time to bring in the new Warzone Caldera map and WW2 weapons set to drop with the first season, as well as the long-awaited introduction of anti-cheat.
This isn’t to say that Black Ops Cold War will be forgotten, as Modern Warfare has still received content updates in the last year.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 content
Season 1 will be hugely important for both games, with major content coming to both Vanguard and Warzone.
For Vanguard, players will receive new multiplayer maps to explore and do battle on, along with the first Vanguard-specific Battle Pass, filled with new cosmetic content for players to enjoy.
- Read More: Best FOV settings for CoD: Vanguard
Season 1 is set to be one of the biggest Warzone updates ever, with the new Pacific Caldera map finally releasing, Vanguard weapons being added, and the introduction of the new RICOCHET anti-cheat system.
What’s happening before Vanguard & Warzone Season 1
While December 8th will be when all of the official Vanguard and Warzone Season 1 action will be kicking off, there is still plenty of action to enjoy in the remaining time of Black Ops Cold War Season 6.
You can find the official schedule for all of the content coming to Warzone and Black Ops Cold War ahead of Vanguard Season 1 below thanks to the Call of Duty blog.
- October 28 (Console) and November 2 (PC): Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre-Loading Begins – Pre-order now to get your game ready to play immediately at launch, in addition to numerous bonuses across Vanguard, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone.
- November 5: Call of Duty: Vanguard Launch – Expect epic experiences on all fronts with Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. Additionally, RICOCHET Anti-Cheat begins its implementation with server-side initiatives.
- November 5 to December 2: Preseason in Vanguard – Access to Free Vanguard Tiers on the Black Ops Cold War Season Six Battle Pass System continues. Then on November 17, prepare to ship off to a fan-favorite map.
- November 18: Operation: Flashback Begins in Warzone – An encore limited-time mode for Verdansk, celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone. Ready for your last dance in Verdansk?
- November 24: Uncover the “Secrets of the Pacific” – Get intel on Caldera and its new points of interest through this event’s Warzone and Vanguard Multiplayer challenges.
- November 30 and December 1: Last Hours of Verdansk. – Bombs away – see what happens to Verdansk before Warzone goes dark to prepare for Caldera and Season One.
- December 8: Season One Begins – Vanguard players get new Multiplayer maps, 24 hours of exclusive access to Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Pacific and more to kick off Season One. All players can enjoy a new Battle Pass system and two free functional weapons. Plus: RICOCHET Anti-Cheat’s driver begins its rollout in Warzone.
In the meantime, players will be able to enjoy the first month of Vanguard and to get the most out of your WWII experience, check out our guide on the best controller and aim assist settings, or when the next Double XP event will take place.
Image credits: Activision
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Double weapon XP period begins as Vanguard players criticize slow weapon progression
Double weapon XP and Battle Pass XP is now live in Vanguard as players remain unhappy with limited weapon level...
Season 1 Vanguard update set to sync progression from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch's latest announcement has detailed how Black Ops Cold War progression will sync to Vanguard with upcoming update.
FIFA 22 Team of the Group Stage: Release date & featured players
Ultimate Team players can now test out the new Team of the Group Stage promo. Here's the release date and...