An arsenal of new weapons is coming to Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War in Season 6, with the LAPA being one of them, and here’s everything you need to know to unlock this SMG.
The Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Season 6 roadmap revealed a great deal of new content arriving in both Call of Duty games soon, such as a new Gulag and weapons like the Grav Assault Rifle, the .410 Ironhide Shotgun, and Battle Axe melee weapon.
One of the other new weapons available for players to acquire in Season 6 will be the LAPA SMG, and we have everything you need to know to unlock the LAPA in Warzone, and Black Ops Cold War covered for you.
How to unlock the LAPA in Warzone and Cold War
Players will have two different ways they can unlock the LAPA in Warzone and Cold War. The LAPA SMG will be available as a reward that players can earn by completing challenges in The Haunting event that began on October 19, 2021.
You can find all of the challenges players can complete to unlock the LAPA in Warzone and Cold War below:
- Play 5 matches in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Earn a Top 10 final placement with your Squad in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist 3 times
- Eliminate 10 enemy Ghosts in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Eliminate 10 enemy Humans while playing as your Operator in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Eliminate 5 enemy Humans while playing as a Ghost in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- As a Ghost, redeploy as your Operator by collecting 3 souls or performing a Finishing Move on a standing, crouching, or prone Human enemy
- Use 3 Scared Ground locations to reduce your Fear Meter in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Answer 3 phones in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Experience 3 Hallucinations while you have a full Fear Meter in The Ghosts of Verdnask playlist
Black Ops Cold War challenges
- Play and complete 5 matches in Multiplayer or Zombies The Haunting event playlists
- Get 200 Multiplayer eliminations in the Nuketown Halloween 24/7 playlist or smash pumpkin heads in Zombies
- Finish Top 3 in Scream Deathmatch or successfully exfil in Hallow’s Eve Outbreak
- Get 30 Multiplayer eliminations in Infected or eliminate Special or Elite enemies in Zombies
- Get 10 Melee Weapon kills in Multiplayer or earn Butcher medals in Zombies (5 rapid melee kills)
- Open 5 Scare Packages in Multiplayer or Zombies
- Get 50 Eliminations while using the Ghost perk in Multiplayer or kill enemies while cloaked in the Aether Shroud in Zombies
- Get 3 Multiplayer kills with dying 3 times or earn Carnage medals in Zombies (10 rapid kills)
- Get 5 Multiplayer kills with fire damage or earn fire damage multi-kill medals in Zombies
How to unlock LAPA Abnormality blueprint
Players who would rather not spend time completing the challenges above can unlock the LAPA in Warzone and Cold War by purchasing the Terrible End bundle in the Call of Duty store.
Purchasing this bundle for 1,200 COD Points will give you access to the LAPA Abnormality blueprint which will allow you to use this new SMG immediately. However, you will still need to unlock the base LAPA in warzone and Cold war to unlock new attachments.
For more Call of Duty besides how to unlock the LAPA in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, check out the best Warzone MW AUG loadout and why Cold war players are calling for the developers to nerf the Marshal Shotgun and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Activision
When does Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start? Season 6 end date
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is set to make way for Vanguard Season 1, here’s everything we know about when it will happen.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is finally here, but players will have to wait a little longer for the game’s first season. Here’s everything we know about Vanguard & Warzone Season 1, including release date and content.
After months of anticipation, Call of Duty: Vanguard has finally arrived, taking players back in time to World War II for all-out combat across the world. While Vanguard dropped on November 5, players will have to wait a little longer for the first season, and the content it will bring with it.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start date
The sixth season of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will end on Thursday, December 2, 2021, bringing an end to the Treyarch game’s run. Vanguard Season 1 will officially kick off on December 8.
Vanguard owners will have 24-hour exclusive first play access to the Caldera map. Open access begins on Dec. 9. So, if you’re looking to get on the new map early, make sure you purchase Vanguard!
Vanguard will have been out nearly a month by this point, making it the ideal time to bring in the new Warzone Caldera map and WW2 weapons set to drop with the first season, as well as the long-awaited introduction of anti-cheat.
This isn’t to say that Black Ops Cold War will be forgotten, as Modern Warfare has still received content updates in the last year.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 content
Season 1 will be hugely important for both games, with major content coming to both Vanguard and Warzone.
For Vanguard, players will receive new multiplayer maps to explore and do battle on, along with the first Vanguard-specific Battle Pass, filled with new cosmetic content for players to enjoy.
- Read More: Best FOV settings for CoD: Vanguard
Season 1 is set to be one of the biggest Warzone updates ever, with the new Pacific Caldera map finally releasing, Vanguard weapons being added, and the introduction of the new RICOCHET anti-cheat system.
What’s happening before Vanguard & Warzone Season 1
While December 8th will be when all of the official Vanguard and Warzone Season 1 action will be kicking off, there is still plenty of action to enjoy in the remaining time of Black Ops Cold War Season 6.
You can find the official schedule for all of the content coming to Warzone and Black Ops Cold War ahead of Vanguard Season 1 below thanks to the Call of Duty blog.
- October 28 (Console) and November 2 (PC): Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre-Loading Begins – Pre-order now to get your game ready to play immediately at launch, in addition to numerous bonuses across Vanguard, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone.
- November 5: Call of Duty: Vanguard Launch – Expect epic experiences on all fronts with Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. Additionally, RICOCHET Anti-Cheat begins its implementation with server-side initiatives.
- November 5 to December 2: Preseason in Vanguard – Access to Free Vanguard Tiers on the Black Ops Cold War Season Six Battle Pass System continues. Then on November 17, prepare to ship off to a fan-favorite map.
- November 18: Operation: Flashback Begins in Warzone – An encore limited-time mode for Verdansk, celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone. Ready for your last dance in Verdansk?
- November 24: Uncover the “Secrets of the Pacific” – Get intel on Caldera and its new points of interest through this event’s Warzone and Vanguard Multiplayer challenges.
- November 30 and December 1: Last Hours of Verdansk. – Bombs away – see what happens to Verdansk before Warzone goes dark to prepare for Caldera and Season One.
- December 8: Season One Begins – Vanguard players get new Multiplayer maps, 24 hours of exclusive access to Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Pacific and more to kick off Season One. All players can enjoy a new Battle Pass system and two free functional weapons. Plus: RICOCHET Anti-Cheat’s driver begins its rollout in Warzone.
In the meantime, players will be able to enjoy the first month of Vanguard and to get the most out of your WWII experience, check out our guide on the best controller and aim assist settings, or when the next Double XP event will take place.
Image credits: Activision
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Cold War players claim they’ll boycott game as “best mode” removal sparks fury
Black Ops Cold War fans are claiming they will boycott the game after the “best mode” was removed, days before Vanguard’s release.
Hours before Vanguard’s release, players are claiming they’ll boycott Black Ops Cold War following the removal of the game’s “best mode.”
With Activision releasing a new Call of Duty annually, each game’s lifespan is two years tops. Some CoD titles will fizzle out before then, while others hang on for dear life near the end of year two.
Vanguard aims to take players back to WWII. Many fans have expressed their disappointment with returning to an oversaturated time period. So much so that players had planned on sticking with Black Ops Cold War for a second year.
However, players’ plans to stick with BOCW changed after the recent removal of the fan-favorite 12v12 mode. This isn’t the first time Treyarch removed this mode, but fans have reason to believe it won’t be coming back.
Fans boycott Cold War following 12v12 removal
Just days before Vanguard’s release, Treyarch has pulled the plug on Black Ops Cold War’s 12v12 mode. And of course, fans are furious. Players that had planned to stick with BOCW for a second year are now boycotting the game until 12v12 is reinstated.
Many fans have taken to Twitter and Reddit to express their disappointment. Tweets from users like chaigrima and ColvinoYT state that 12v12 was the “only reason” they played CW Multiplayer.
Replies to posts similar to these are from fans stating they won’t be returning to BOCW until 12v12 is reinstated. And a Reddit post from u/RagingSerenity claims that 12v12 was BOCW’s “best game mode” and the game is boring now that it’s gone.
For the most part, fans understand why Treyarch removed the game mode. Activision wants Vanguard to sell as many copies as possible at launch. And one of the best ways to do so is to throttle players’ enjoyment of a previous title.
With so many players flooding Vanguards servers over the coming days, Activision may also need to free up server space. Nonetheless, BOCW fans are still outraged at the removal of 12v12. And it’s hard to say whether Treyarch can justify bringing it back after the release of Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Vanguard leaks suggest Infected & other game modes coming soon
Vanguard dataminers have uncovered a variety of game modes in the files, with one of them being fan-favorite mode Infected.
Apex Legends: How to 1v1 in the Firing Range
For those looking to get some practice in on Apex Legends, a friendly 1v1 is great. Here's how you can...
How to complete FIFA 22 Flashback Chiellini: FUT SBC requirements
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team players have the chance to earn a Flashback Chiellini alongside the well-received Black Friday promo.