With the release of Destiny 2’s Season of the Hunt, Bungie has introduced another Pursuit weapon for players to chase. Here’s how this weapon can be unlocked in the Strike, Crucible, and Gambit playlists.
In the second year of Destiny 2, developer Bungie began experimenting with the idea of powerful weapons that could be unlocked by completing specific milestones in the game’s three core playlists: Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit.
While these weapons were first introduced into the Crucible playlist with guns like Redrix’s Claymore, Bungie realized they could expand on their idea and add Vanguard and Gambit weapons for players to obtain as well.
With the release of Destiny 2’s first season in Beyond Light, Season of the Hunt, Bungie has once again provided players with a new weapon to chase: the Adored sniper rifle. And with this Pursuit weapon, there is a brand-new twist on how to obtain it.
What is Adored? Season of the Hunt’s Pursuit sniper rifle
Prior to the release of Destiny 2’s Season of the Hunt, Bungie spoke about their plans for the game’s next pursuit weapon: the Adored Sniper Rifle. Now that the game’s new season is in full swing, players have started to obtain the weapon and try it out for themselves.
Adored in an Adaptive-frame sniper rifle, and while it does not have the raw damage output of other snipers like the Aggressive-frame Revoker, the gun still has solid stats and some good perk combinations available.
The first two static perks on the weapon are Hammer-Forged Rifling and Accurized Rounds, which boost the gun’s range value. The first set of interchangeable perks are Triple-Tap and Killing Wind, followed by a choice between Vorpal Weapon and Snapshot Sights.
Adored offers some interesting perk combinations depending on playstyle and whether the sniper will be used in PvP or PvE.
How to obtain Adored: Vanguard, Crucible and Gambit quest steps
Season of the Hunt kicked off with the release of Beyond Light on November 10. With the new content drop, the Adored sniper rifle has become available for players to obtain.
While there is still only a single Pursuit weapon this season, Bungie has changed the process for obtaining the new sniper rifle: players can choose to complete a single quest in one of the three core playlists – Strikes, Crucible, and Gambit – and will be rewarded with the new sniper rifle.
Guardians should follow the steps outlined below, in their preferred playlist, to obtain Adored:
- Vanguard (Strike playlist):
- Speak to Banshee-44 in the Tower and obtain the Strikes in your Sights quest
- Defeat bosses, combatants, and collect points by defeating combatants while using Sniper Rifles in strikes (note: precision final blows with Sniper Rifles grant additional progress)
- 40 bosses
- 1000 combatants
- 300 points
- Get precision final blows with a Sniper Rifle or Sniper Rifle defeat streaks without dying in strikes (note: you only need to complete one of these two objectives)
- 35 defeats in streaks
- 20 Sniper Rifle headshots
- Speak with Banshee-44 in the Tower to receive your Adored
- Speak to Banshee-44 in the Tower and obtain the Crucible in your Sights quest
- Defeat Guardians as a team, earn Valor ranks, and collect points by defeating Guardians while using Sniper Rifles in Crucible (note: precision final blows with Sniper Rifles grant additional progress)
- 500 Guardians
- 3 Valor ranks
- 200 points
- Get long-range or precision final blows with Sniper Rifles in Crucible (note: you only need to complete one of these two objectives)
- 5 long-range Sniper Rifle final blows
- 5 Sniper Rifle headshots
- Speak with Banshee-44 in the Tower to receive your Adored
- Speak to Banshee-44 in the Tower and obtain the Gambit in your Sights quest
- Defeat combatants with precision damage, earn Infamy ranks, and collect points by defeating combatants using Sniper Rifles in Gambit (note: precision final blows with Sniper Rifles grant additional progress)
- 300 precision headshots
- 3 Infamy ranks
- 250 points
- Defeat Guardians or Blockers as a team with a Sniper Rifle in Gambit (note: you only need to complete one of these two objectives)
- 5 Guardians
- 20 blockers
- Speak with Banshee-44 in the Tower to receive your Adored
Is Adored worth the grind?
While the three quest options for obtaining Adored are quite simple compared to some previous Pinnacle weapon quests, the question still stands: is the weapon worth the grind? Members of the Destiny 2 community have started to issue their verdicts on the new gun.
Destiny YouTuber CammyCakes released a video speaking about Adored, its perks, and its overall usefulness. He confirms “I found this snipe very easy to use, so it’s definitely gonna be something in my sniper rifle rotation.” He goes on to say that “as soon as there is an Aggressive-frame sniper that’s an option . . . I’m just switching to the aggressive frame.”
While it may not be the most powerful sniper rifle in the game, Adored does appear to be a solid choice for both PvP and PvE, especially with the recent sunsetting of many other weapons. If you are looking for a new sniper rifle to use in Beyond Light and Season of the Hunt content, completing the short grind to obtain this weapon is probably a good idea.
Destiny 2 Beyond Light and the Season of the Hunt are playable now on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC.
How to get Destiny 2’s Xenophage assault rifle
The Xenophage is an extremely impressive Exotic Weapon that you can collect by completing a quest in Destiny 2.
Wondering how to get the powerful Xenophage rifle in Destiny 2? Here’s how.
Destiny 2 has a ton of cool weapons to choose from before jumping into battle. The Xenophage Exotic machine gun is a great choice because of its accuracy, along with its explosive rounds that will annihilate your enemies.
If you want to get your hands on this powerful weapon, then you’ll need to complete an Exotic quest that requires you to solve puzzles and complete certain tasks. Here’s how you can get the Xenophage Exotic in Season of the Chosen.
How to start the Xenophage Exotic quest
If you want to start this Destiny 2 Exotic quest, then you’ll need to visit the Red Keep room where you saw Eris when completing her Memory quests. From there, you’ll have to make your way towards a puzzle that you need to solve.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Land at Sorrow’s Harbor, and move north into the Red Keep
- Head left from the green crystal, and continue until you approach a small path on the right wall leading upward
- When you enter the main room, light the statues in the correct order (front right, back left, back right, front left)
- Loot the chest in the middle of the area to claim The Journey
Light all six lanterns at The Anchor of Light
You’ll then have to go east of the main southern landing zone at the Anchor of Light portion of the Moon. Once you’re there, collect the orb of flame from the Fallen-infested building.
This orb must be used to light lanterns at six different spots within one minute. Luckily, your timer will reset every time you light one in the correct order, which is the following:
- Right next to where you collected the Orb of Flame.
- On top of the building at the edge of the crevasse to the East
- Inside the small yellow structure interior near the Fallen-infested building
- At the top of the Fallen-infested building
- On a small rooftop by the buried section to the north
- On top of the large round structure over the green pit in the middle of the map
After all six lanterns have been lit in the correct order, you must insert the orb in the small Hive spire near the site where you grabbed the orb.
Where to find all four path fragments
Now, you’ll have to complete all four Lost Sectors on the Moon, and successfully get through Hive rune puzzles at the end of each one. You can find these puzzles in the exit paths for the Lost Sectors.
These consist of nine grids of runes, and shooting one will change all of the symbols in the rune’s row and column. You’ll need to match every rune in the grid with the symbol above the grid. We’ve listed the correct order below:
- K1 Communion: 7, 9, 2, 2
- K1 Revelation: 6, 4, 5, 5, 4, 8, 5, 2
- K1 Logistics: 1, 7, 6, 5
- K1 Crew Quarters: 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 9, 8, 8
Once you’ve line up all the runes, chests will spawn that you can loot to collect all four path fragments.
The Pit of Heresy
This next step will require you to complete various activities within the Pit of Heresy dungeon, including activating a hidden rune, lighting fires, and winning a boss fight. You’ll already have reached 970 PL beforehand, so you can get these done quickly.
Here’s how you can complete the Pit of Heresy:
- Clear all the minibosses at the start of the dungeon
- Make your way to the chamber filled with doorways and platform to the door without a symbol at the entrance
- Activate the hidden rune inside
- Visit the area packed with Hive Ogres before the Hive Totem encounter
- Head left from the fork, then drop down to the rocky ledge below.
- Find the small plate marked with runes and activate it to collect the Orb of Flame.
- Return to the fork, and then take the right path this time.
- Find the sealed door with two braziers on either side, and use the Orb of Flame to light both
This will then open up a door that leads to a boss fight. This enemy is PL 970, so be ready for a dangerous battle. You won’t be able to hurt the boss initially, and you’ll need to do some tasks before that opportunity comes.
You’ll receive a random buff, and you must check it to see where you need to place the Orb of Light. Once you’ve put it in the correct spot in the arena, you’ll gain a Vengeance buff that allows you to hurt the enemy for 25 seconds.
Here’s where to place the orbs:
- Abyssal Dread: Upper Arena – Far left
- Thunderous Dread: Lower Arena – Front left
- Fiery Dread: Lower Arena – Far right
- Neutral Dread: Upper Arena – Front right
Just keep checking your buff, then collect the Orb of Flame and place it in the matching locations. You’ll then have the opportunity to shoot the boss with the matching elemental damage type. Just keep repeating it until you defeat the boss.
Once the enemy has been defeated, you can finally collect the Xenophage Machine Gun for yourself! Now you can go cause some serious pain to your opponents the next time you jump into a match of Destiny 2.
Image Credits: Bungie
How to complete Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen Week 10 Challenges
The final week of Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen challenges are upon us. Find out what Guardians will need to do in Week Ten.
The final set of tasks for eager Guardians have arrived in Destiny 2. Season of the Chosen’s Week 10 challenges are the last ones, and it’s standard fare for players.
We have reached the end of the road for Season 13’s Weekly Challenges as the tenth and final week of them is finally here. For nine weeks, Destiny 2 players have had to kill a variety of enemies across various modes as well as many other feats to earn cool rewards. This will be the final test for Guardians.
As usual, if you want to see all the weekly challenges there have been so far, then you can see them all here: Week One, Week Two, Week Three, Week Four, Week Five, Week Six, Week Seven, and Week Eight, Week Nine.
Week Ten’s Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen Challenges were leaked early by Reddit user Parisito1234 and they were able to provide the information.
The Week Ten challenges are now live.
Season of the Chosen Week Ten Challenges
If you ever need to refer back to these challenges whilst you’re playing Destiny 2, you can find the challenges under the Quests selection in the menu.
Here’s the complete list of the Season of the Chosen Week Ten challenges:
- …The Harder They Fall – Defeat (20) Elite or Boss Cabal in the Proving Grounds strike
- Explosive Conclusions – Use a Rocket Launcher or grenades to defeat combatants anywhere in the system. Bonus progress for rapidly defeating them and for defeating Cabal
- Lenses in Focus – Go to the Prismatic Recaster and discover how to unlock (15) more lenses
- In Your Element – Defeat (80) Guardians in the Iron Banner with Elemental takedowns. Earn bonus progress for Stasis takedowns
- Warrior from Beyond – In strikes, defeat combatants with elemental final blows. Earn bonus progress by defeating combatants with Stasis
Time is definitely of the essence now. Make sure you get all the challenges done, and don’t miss out on the XP or rewards for doing so.
The challenges are all retroactive and will be available throughout the season’s duration. Also, find out how to get your hands on the Dead Man’s Tale Exotic Rifle and Bell of Conquests Seasonal Artifact in Destiny 2.
That’s all for this week’s Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen Seasonal Challenges. Stay tuned for more information as Season of the Chosen draws to a close, and we get new details on Destiny 2 Season 14.
Image credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Guardian Games 2021 leaks: Start date, loot, how to win
Leaks are pointing towards the existence of the second-ever Guardian games that will take place in Bungie’s Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 players can start getting excited as a leak has all but confirmed the return of Bungie’s Guardian Games in 2021.
After the success of the inaugural 2020 edition, it seems Bungie’s ultra-competitive Guardian Games are going to be making a welcome return to Destiny 2.
After pitting Hunters, Titans, and Warlocks against each other during Season of the Worthy, the three factions will once again go toe-to-toe with one another in Season of the Chosen.
We have all the details on the 2021 Destiny 2 Guardian Games leaks below.
Guardian Games 2021 start date
The leak was discovered by a Twitter user by the name of joshhunt who found that the Official site had gone live too early, with extra information also being available on the Destiny 2 help page.
It confirms that the 2021 Guardian Games are due to begin on April 20 and will finish on May 9, 2021.
Will Destiny 2’s Guardian Games 2021 be any different?
Instead of just grinding it out to see who prevails at the end of the Guardian Games, there will also be weekly incentives to fill the void left by the end of the Season of the Chosen weekly challenges.
Players will be competing for rewards each week to see who will be the “Head of the Class.” Obviously, the three teams will be fighting hard to claim the overall victory that the Titans claimed in the first year of the Guardian Games, but extra prizes will keep the competition interesting.
How to win the 2021 Guardian Games in Destiny 2
New to Destiny 2 and not sure how the games actually work? We’ve got you covered. Each player will be representing the starting class they picked: Hunter, Titan, or Warlock.
You will obtain a special Guardian Games item specific to your team that you will need to use when competing in PVP modes.
This will earn medals for your chosen class, and also go a long way to helping you pick up some awesome loot.
Guardian Games 2021 Exotics & loot
Exotic weapons are rare and powerful weapons that can usually inflict a lot of damage and chaos upon whoever gets in their way. Season of the Chosen has offered players incredible Exotics such as Dead Man’s Tale and Ticuu’s Divination, and the Guardian Games are providing players the chance to show off even more.
The Heir Apparent Exotic Machine Gun is going to be a focal point of loot rewards in 2021’s Guardian Games. There are also honorable mentions for an Exotic sparrow, a unique-looking Ghost, and full armor sets.
Additionally, all three classes are set to receive a new Legendary class item. The Guardian Games look set to be the farewell Event for Season of the Chosen with Season 14 set to go live a few days after.
Image credits: Bungie
Warzone will reportedly get NVIDIA DLSS support with Season 3
NVIDIA DLSS could bring new technology and support for PC players in Warzone.
Treyarch reverses some bans following Cold War Zombies Sail 630 Nuclear Bug
Treyarch have responded to Cold War Zombies players reports that they have been falsely banned after receiving the 'Sail 630...
Warzone devs preview Season 3 changes: Roze Skin update, FFAR & Sykov nerf, and more
Big changes previewed for Warzone Season 3 including FFAR & Sykov nerfs.