Here’s how you can upgrade Monkey Bombs on the newly released Firebase Z map for Black Ops Cold War Zombies.
For years the Monkey Bomb has been a staple for CoD: Zombies players, offering a powerful distraction for the undead to run at. After just a few seconds, the Monkey Bomb will explode, sending a wave of zombies to their demise.
Since the addition of the Monkey Bomb, players have eagerly been awaiting the possible addition of an upgraded or pack-a-punched variant.
Looking for some extra kick with your Monkey Bombs? Well, for the new Black Ops Cold War map, Firebase Z, Treyarch have added just that for you to unlock! Here’s how!
How to upgrade the Monkey Bomb in Firebase Z
- Step 1 – Obtain a Monkey Bomb through drops from Zombies or the crafting station.
- Step 2 – Get near one of the three available Aether Reactors. (Make sure it’s activated)
- Step 3 – Kill 50 Zombies with a Monkey Bomb near an Aether Reactor. You can keep track by checking the scoreboard.
- Step 4 – The next Monkey Bomb you throw will be a special one, that will have more damage, play different music, and will result in the Zombies dancing around it.
That’s it! You can now use more powerful Monkey Bombs that make Zombies dance!
Image Credit: Treyarch/Activision
CoD Points price: How to buy, spend & do they carry over
CoD Points are the official currency of Call of Duty. Check out CoD Point prices, where to buy them, and whether they transfer between games.
Activision’s in-game currency lets players purchase cosmetics for their characters, and we’ve got everything you need to know about CoD Points prices, how to buy them, and all the items you can spend them on.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game, requiring players to spend their own currency named CoD Points to acquire them.
CoD Points can be purchased in-game using the menu systems in games like Vanguard or Warzone or through console marketplaces like the PS Store or Xbox Marketplace.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Vanguard and Warzone offering special Attack on Titan and Christmas skins as well as unique weapon Blueprints for popular weapons, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend CoD Points.
- CoD Points Prices
- How to buy CoD Points
- Where to spend CoD Points
- Do CoD Points carry across games?
- What can I buy with CoD Points
CoD Points prices
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying CoD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas others need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various CoD Points bundles:
- 200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
- 500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
- 15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
How to buy COD Points
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
There are four ways you can buy COD Points:
- PC players can purchase CoD Points on the Battle.net website
- PS4 & PS5 players can purchase CoD Points in the PS Store on their console, or on the PlayStation website
- Xbox Series X, Series S, or One players can buy CoD Points on the Xbox Marketplace on their console, or the official Microsoft Store website
- Select physical retailers stock vouchers and gift cards with a code that players can redeem for CoD Points.
Where to spend CoD Points
Spending your CoD Points is incredibly easy, with players able to purchase cosmetic bundles and Blueprints in the in-game store.
The stores are available in Vanguard, Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare, so you can kit out your character regardless of your preferred title.
Do CoD Points carry over across games?
The good news is that your CoD Points will transfer across your Call of Duty games, as they are linked to your Activision account.
Players who still have CoD Points in their account from Black Ops Cold War don’t need to worry, as they will automatically be in your account when turning to Vanguard.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Vanguard and Warzone Pacific are currently in Season 1 at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 1, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough CoD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
Season 1 Vanguard update set to sync progression from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch’s latest announcement has detailed how Black Ops Cold War progression will sync to Vanguard with upcoming update.
As season 6 of Black Ops Cold War comes to a close, the devs have announced that an update will allow progress earned in last year’s title to sync to Vanguard.
Call of Duty players have just received confirmation that playing previous Call of Duty titles will work toward progressing in Vanguard. A new update is set to hit Black Ops Cold War on December 6th in preparation for the massive launch of Vanguard Season 1 on December 8.
The patch notes detail synchronized progression with Vanguard as well as new Prestige Levels and rewards, Season Challenge unlocks for the past six seasons, new Prestige Shop content, and weapon balancing.
Black Ops Cold War fans will be happy to hear that the game is going to continue to receive updates alongside Call of Duty: Vanguard. The latest announcement from Treyarch shares plenty of info concerning shared progression across Call of Duty titles.
Players will enjoy synced progression from each of Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone toward Vanguard. This may seem complicated but it just means that playing any of the three titles mentioned above will earn progression for Vanguard.
Synced progression entails unlocking Military Rank, weapons, Equipment, and Killstreaks. In addition, there will be a ton of interesting details such as allowing players to showcase their lifetime Prestige number earned across past titles.
Some changes will go live on December 6 while the rest will occur on December 8.
- Synchronized Military Ranks and Prestige Levels
- Military Rank and Prestige Level progression will be synchronized with Vanguard at the launch of Season One.
- All players will begin the season at the Military Rank or Prestige Level they have currently reached in Vanguard, or Military Rank 1 if they have not played Vanguard yet.
- Players can progress Vanguard Military Ranks in Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare to unlock weapons, Equipment, Killstreaks, and other content for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Prestige Rewards
- Complete Military Ranks 1-55 to start a new Prestige journey, with new Prestige Levels to unlock across Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare.
- In Season One, players can earn up to Prestige 7 as they progress their Season Level. Four additional Prestige Levels will be added per season.
- Each Prestige Level awards a Prestige Key, Tier Skip, Emblem, and Sticker in Black Ops Cold War.
- Reach Season Level 50 in Season One to unlock the exclusive “Duck Hunt” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Lifetime Prestige
- Lifetime Prestige display added to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at the start of Vanguard Season One that display the total number of Prestige Levels earned across previous seasons and in Vanguard.
- Prestige Master Ribbons
- Players can now continue their Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbon progression. Each season, a new Prestige Master Ribbon will be added to the current six Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbons.
- Players can progress their Prestige Master Ribbons in Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare by reaching Prestige Master at Season Level 200.
- Players can now catch up on missed Prestige Master Ribbons each time they earn 200 Season Levels in a season. For example, reaching Season Level 400 will award two Prestige Master Ribbons, if available.
- Black Ops Cold War Prestige Icons will be unlocked and available in the Prestige Shop for anyone who earned them in previous seasons.
- Players can now equip any acquired Prestige Icon (1-27) as long as they’ve reached Prestige Master at least once in a current or previous season.
- Players do not need to currently be Prestige Master to access Custom Prestige Icons in the Prestige Shop.
- Equipped Prestige Icons will no longer be reset at the start of each season.
- All previous Black Ops Cold War Season Challenges will be revealed and can be progressed by players who hadn’t revealed them over the course of previous seasons. Legacy Season Challenges can continue to be progressed in Black Ops Cold War.
- Starting with Season One, players can access and progress new Multiplayer Season Challenges in Vanguard and Warzone, as well as Zombies Season Challenges in Vanguard.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
- .410 Ironhide
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the .410 Ironhide Shotgun.
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the Grav Assault Rifle.
Weapon Tuning (Dec. 6)
- Reduced Damage Range from 3.81m to 3.68m.
- Increased Damage drop-off when fired beyond 3.68m.
- Dragon’s Breath Attachment
- Now has a -5% effect on Fire Rate.
- Increased Damage Range penalty from -25% to -35%.
- Reduced Damage bonus from +17% to +16%.
- 12.1″ Extended Barrel
- Reduced Damage Range bonus from +20% to +15%.
- Updated Lobby theming in Multiplayer and Zombies.
Zombies (Dec 6)
- Closed an exploit during the Main Quest boss fight.
- Added “Not Enough Essence” prompt to the Arcade Token dispenser when the player does not have enough Essence to purchase a token.
Mauer der Toten
- Addressed an issue where a texture was not appearing correctly after melting the door during the Main Quest.
- Enemies killed by Brain Rot zombies will now contribute toward the Dragon Relic World Event.
- Added Onslaught Containment and Onslaught Deprogram to offline Local play.
- Fixed stability issues related to the Arsenal.
That covers everything from the upcoming Black Ops Cold War update. If you’re enjoying Vanguard, be sure to check out how this update impacts your gaming experience on December 8.
For more Vanguard content, check out why Zombies players are disappointed with Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Treyarch
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
How to complete Ultimate Team Flashback Harry Kane SBC in FIFA 22
Harry Kane is one of the highest-rated strikers in FIFA 22, and FUT players are going to want to complete...
Vanguard’s Double Barrel meta is over and players couldn’t be happier
Vanguard players are delighted following a recent nerf to the Double Barrel Shotgun that has limited "toxic players".
Warzone Pacific’s 10 most popular weapon loadouts
The most popular weapon loadouts in Warzone Pacific have been revealed, so here's the top 10, and their most popular...