Apex Legends Season 11 will add a new hop-up attachment known as the Dual Shell that you can equip on two weapons. Here’s everything you need to know about how to use this hop-up.
Hop-ups can be attached to a few select weapons, improving their capabilities. The newest addition in Season 11 is the Dual Shell hop-up and it can be used by two different weapons.
Here’s everything you need to know about this new hop-up.
How to use the Apex Legends Dual Shell hop-up
Once you jump into a game of Apex Legends during Season 11, the Dual Shell will be available as a purple tier hop-up that you can collect from loot bins or care packages on the map.
After you’ve acquired it, simply attach the hop-up to the designated weapon and it will take effect when you use it in combat. Now, you will load two shells instead of one when reloading your weapon.
This cuts your reload time in half, letting you take out enemies much quickly and leaving you vulnerable for shorter amounts of time. Needless to say, this is a valuable boost to give your weapon.
Dual Shell weapons in Apex Legends
Hop-up attachments don’t work with every weapon, and you need to equip them with the right gun to make use of them. The Dual Shell can only be attached to the 30-30 Repeater and the Mastiff shotgun.
Both of these weapons load by inserting one new round at a time, but this new hop-up lets them insert two rounds instead. This increase in the ammo count serves as a useful buff to both weapons.
The Dual Shell will become available at the start of Season 11, and you also try picking it up by heading to the Firing Range. This will give you a chance to practice with the weapon before the match.
For more Apex Legends, check out all of the Wildlife coming with the new Storm Point map and the Season 11 weapon buffs and nerfs.
Image Credit: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event patch notes: Seer buff, Arenas changes, & reticle color customization
The Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event patch notes are set to bring some interesting changes. Here are all the details.
Respawn has released the official Apex Legends patch notes for when the Raiders Collection Event drops.
As well as bringing new cosmetics, the fan-favorite Winter Express LTM, and Wattson’s Heirloom, the game will also be getting some changes.
For those interested in seeing the changes, we’ve got you covered. Here are all the updates detailed in the Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event patch notes releasing on December 7.
Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event patch notes
The Raiders Collection Event patch notes are introducing various changes. From a buff to Seer to the introduction of reticle color customization, players have a lot to look forward to.
- Read more: All Apex Legends voice actors in Season 11
Here are all the patch notes that have been detailed in Respawn’s latest blog.
- Wattson: Fixed the issue with fences “sticking” when trying to place a node near a fence.
- Wattson: Fixed bug for cases where Wattson’s Fence nodes ignored player collision.
- Wattson: Fixed bug with the blueprint line not showing up to signify where the fence will be created.
- Wattson: Fixed issue where Caustic’s Ultimate isn’t zapped by the Interception Pylon.
- Wattson: Fixed bug where Arc Stars could stick to and damage the Interception Pylon
- Ash: Based on feedback we’ve increased the audio presence of Ash’s Ultimate.
- Ash will no longer “bleed” when shot and now displays sparks [like Pathfinder and Revenant].
- Ash: fixed cases where a grid pattern would show on some rare and common skins.
- Valkyrie / Revenant: Fixed a bug where using a Skydive with Death Totem at a specific time caused Valkyrie’s skydive to enter a bugged state.
- Valkyrie: Fix for Birthright Skin where Valk’s jetpack control clips into her hands in first person.
- Arenas: Fixed bug where Seer could continuously charge his tactical after it’s reached zero uses.
- Arenas: Reduced reconnect times since the matches are shorter than a Battle Royale match.
- Arenas: Fix for missing ammo UI on the common, rare, or epic, CAR.
- Arenas: Fix for missing horizontal black bars while spectating.
- Arenas: Fix for cases where the Death Tab is missing from the shop window.
Additional bug fixes
- Fixed issue with a spot on Storm Point where players could camp in unintended areas near Command Center.
- We also addressed multiple minor bugs around the map ranging from misplaced kill triggers and holes in geo.
- Bocek Compound Fracture Legendary skin bug: Fixed an issue where players would still see iron sights when aiming even if another sight is equipped.
- R-301 Dynastic Cycle Legendary skin bug: Fixed an issue with the gun using a mix of two different skins.
- Fixed bug for cases where the Loba Edition displays “No Price Found” when viewed in the store tab.
- Based on feedback we’ve reduced the SFX on reactive skins for the Volt.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to scroll downwards when looting a death box or black market.
- Fixed bug that was preventing players from getting Rampart’s Heirloom even after buying all 24 event packs.
- Fixed bug where players could skydive faster after spamming Ping.
- Fixed issue with players seeing the 888 Elite Mode Badge constantly unlocking.
- Fixed bug where dive trails were not rewarded properly.
- Decreased Focus of Attention detonation delay from 1.6s to 1.4s
“Seer was dialed back to a healthier spot with the balance hotfix soon after his release. However, after four months of evaluating his use in the live game, the detonation delay seems a little too sluggish. We want to improve its feel while continuing to evaluate the reveal meta as a whole.“
- Base stick damage lowered from 30 -> 10
- Shield Damage Multiplier increased from x3 -> x4 (stick on shielded enemy will now max out at 40 instead of 90)
- Sticking an enemy now applies a slow debuff (reverting Legacy update change)
- Slow duration is now driven by distance to the center of Arc Star detonation
“Arc stars excel in a lot of areas. They have high damage potential coupled with a punishing slow, and can be thrown more accurately than other ordnance types. Removing the stick slow created some degenerate play patterns and often made it hard to tell when you got stuck in the heat of battle. We’re bringing that back with a tradeoff of lower damage potential and a proximity based slow falloff in non-stick cases. These changes make stick scenarios more consistent across shield types and make arc stars less effective at area denial.“
- Removed increased magazine capacity
“Big Maude has been an awesome drop location and a reliable source of early power for teams that win the hotdrop. However, the paintball weapons are proving to be a little too strong so we’re going to remove the increased mag size but keep the handling improvements.“
- Shotgun ammo, sniper ammo, and arrow crafting output reduced to a single stack
- Observer Mode – UI and Scoring Improvements for in-game stats menu.
- Observer Mode – Reduced opacity on Loba’s Back Market for map & mini-map.
- Observer Mode – Added toggle option to show next ring location.
- Added [Team] Eliminated text in kill feed for Private Match Anonymous mode.
- Admins now have the ability to end matches in either Observer or Player positions.
- Fixed issue for real time API delay after running consecutive games.
- New real time API events including:
- Shots fired
- Kill awarded
- Line by line formatting
- Unique player IDs
Quality of life
New Custom Reticle Color System
Custom Reticles are here! The new UI can be opened under Gameplay Settings by selecting the Customize option under Reticle.
Once in the new Custom Reticle UI you’ll be able to:
- Select a color from some of our recommended favorites
- Use the color and brightness sliders to find that perfect color
- Manually enter an RGB color
- Toggle between 4 different hand picked environments to preview your reticle
“You’ll be able to pick from a lot of colors in the new system, but darker colors won’t be selectable because of how some of our reticles react to the world (additive effect) which would make them invisible. If a manually entered RGB value is in that range, we will do our best to keep that hue but will bring that value closer to a safe color.“
That’s all for the Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event patch notes. For more, check out our piece on the 2022 Apex Legends Anniversary event.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Season 11 Raiders Collection Event: Release date, skins, & Heirloom
The Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event has finally been revealed for Season 11. Here’s all the details you need to know.
A brand new Apex Legends Collection Event is on its way in Season 11, bringing a space-pirate theme with the name “Raiders.” Here’s all the information you need including the release date, skins, and Heirloom.
Respawn is great at keeping the game fresh and has done an excellent job at staying on top of fixes and updates. One thing Apex Legends is known for is its extravagant Collection Event updates that come every season.
One will be arriving in Season 11 and we have the details.
When is the Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event?
The Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event will officially release December 7 at around 10 AM PST / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST.
The event will subsequently end on December 21.
The event will also double up as this year’s Holo-day Bash event, bringing back the Winter Express LTM.
Raiders Collection Event content
With the release of the Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event trailer, we finally got a glimpse at the skins. As with every Collection Event, there will be a total of 24 items to unlock. Obtain them all and the Heirloom is yours.
The theme will be around Pirates, which is very fitting for Storm Point’s tropical setting. The skins featured in the collection are Pirate-themed, decorated with skull and bones, eye patches, and also bandanas.
Further, as well as the collection, there will also be various other skins available in the store during the event.
Bloodhound, Wattson, & Wraith skins
Revenant, Pathfinder, & Loba skins
Ash & Mirage skins
Winter Express LTM
As many will know, the Holo-day Bash event this year has been implemented into the Raider’s Collection Event. This means that from December 7 to December 21, players will be able to drop into the Winter Express LTM.
Players will be able to choose their loadout this year and drop down towards the World’s Edge train to battle it out in a round-based mode that sees the last team standing on the train win.
The train will move to various POIs as the rounds go on, so make sure you’re sticking with the team and being aware of your surroundings as you battle for control of the train.
The Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event will also bring a new Heirloom for players to unlock through obtaining all 24 items in the collection.
This season’s Heirloom is for Wattson. The Wattson Heirloom was previously leaked, and it seems the design was spot on.
The Heirloom looks like some sort of electric prodding device that features emotes with a Nessie plushie. The Heirloom also seems to have a digital screen with a Nessie Tamagotchi that Wattson can interact with and keep happy.
This Nessie Tamagotchi will likely react to Wattson’s actions like when she gets a kill with it or even if she just pulls it out.
Challenges & rewards
The Raiders Collection Event also brings a brand new reward tracker for players to get through. Players will need to gain Event Points by completing challenges.
The rewards include Pirate-themed Charms, a Crypto skin, an Alternator skin, and a Hemlock skin.
That’s all the current information we have on the Apex Legends Season 11 Raiders Collection Event. If you’re interested in the patch notes coming out along with the event, be sure to check them out too.
For more, check out our piece on when the next-gen versions of Apex Legends will be dropping.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Holo-day Bash Season 11: Release date, LTM, & more
With Apex Legends’ players in the Christmas spirit, it’s time for Respawn’s annual festive Holo-day Bash event.
Now that we have finally entered the festive season of the year, Apex Legends players are looking forward to the Christmas event, known as Holo-day Bash. Here are all the details on Season 11’s rendition of the event.
This new content hasn’t stopped players from getting excited about the in-season events. Just recently we received new information surrounding the Season 11 Collection Event, but what about Christmas?
Every year Respawn Entertainment hosts its own Christmas event in Apex Legends called Holo-day Bash. The event usually brings new skins and a fan-favorite LTM called Winter Express.
- Read more: All Apex Legends voice actors in Season 11
The Season 11 Holo-day Bash event is set to bring something similar. However, Season 11’s Christmas event will be slightly different, as we will be seeing both Season 11’s Collection Event and the Holo-day Bash event combined into one.
When is the Apex Legends Holo-day Bash event?
Unfortunately, for those who were looking forward to seeing a purely Christmas-themed event, players will be getting something very different.
This year, Respawn has decided to combine the Raiders Collection Event with aspects of the Holo-day Bash event. So, the festivities will be launched in Apex at the same time as the launch of the Season 11 Collection Event.
The update will therefore be available December 7, around 10 AM PST / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST. The event will end on December 21, so make sure you log in during this period to experience the Apex festivities!
Apex Legends Season 11 Holo-day Bash content
Winter Express LTM
With the Raiders Collection event reveal, players learned that the Winter Express LTM would be returning. This is a round-based, limited-time mode that sees players battle it out for control of the World’s Edge train as it stops at various POIs.
Winter Express has returned every Holo-day Bash event, so it’s great to see it once again, even if there isn’t a fully-fledged Holo-day Bash event.
As we are getting the Raiders Collection Event, we don’t expect to see any Holo-day Bash event skins.
There hasn’t been any official announcement from Respawn, but there is potential for some of the Christmas skins to be sold. We’ll update this piece with more information as it comes out.
That’s all for the Apex Legends Season 11 Holo-day Bash event. For now, check out our piece on Apex Legends’ third Anniversary.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Vanguard Operator is completely breaking the game
One of Call of Duty: Vanguard's Operators is causing 'endless crashes' and stopping players from playing the game.
Does Vanguard Zombies have a Main Quest Easter Egg?
Treyarch have returned to continue the Zombies Dark Aether storyline in Vanguard, but does Der Anfang have a Main Quest...
Battlefield 2042 devs respond after players slam Santa Claus Holiday skin
DICE have responded to the major player criticisms of the Santa Claus Holiday-themed skin in Battlefield 2042.