The pools for the CWL Pro League Play-In, taking place Jan. 16th through Jan. 20th, will be decided at the pool draft.
The 2019 CWL Pro League has been divided into a multi-stage entry process to ensure the best of the best qualify to compete for the Pro League prize of $700,000. Here’s a quick breakdown of how the events leading up to the Pro League unfold:
- CWL Las Vegas Open – Dec. 7th to Dec 9th
- CWL Pro League Play-In – Jan. 16th to Jan 20th
- CWL Pro League – Feb. 4th to Jul. 4th
Four teams have already qualified to play in the 2019 CWL Pro League from the top 4 seeds of CWL Las Vegas. These teams are: Optic Gaming, eUnited, Splyce, and Luminosity Gaming.
The rest of the hopeful 28 teams will play through the Pro League Play-In, split into four, seven team pools. The Pool Draft took place at 3PM EST on Jan. 8th at twitch.tv/callofduty.
Below are the pools for the Pro League Play-In:
The structure for the Pro League Play-In, played the MLG Arena in Columbus, OH, is as follows:
- Teams will play a round robin with each pool
- 1st & 2nd Places from Each Pool Qualify for Pro League
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Places Advance to Play-In Playoffs
- 6th & 7th Places are eliminated
- Top 4 Teams from Play-In Playoffs Qualify for Pro League
The CWL 2019 Pro League then begins on February 4th, played from the MLG Arena in Columbus, OH.
All CWL events can be viewed from twitch.tv/callofduty.