Activision and Infinity Ward have officially announced the third DLC Pack for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Absolution. Absolution DLC Pack 3 will be available on July 6 on PlayStation 4, featuring four new multiplayer maps and an all new Zombies adventure.
“Our team couldn’t be more thrilled to introduce another wild, twisted zombies experience in Attack of the Radioactive Thing!, which continues the story and adds some awesome new gameplay,” said Dave Stohl, Studio Head of Infinity Ward. “For our multiplayer fans, we’re delivering four diverse maps that reward the different gameplay styles our community has embraced since the game launched last year. We can’t wait.”
- Ember – Located near an old town castle, Ember is a remake of Resistance from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 featuring old world aesthetics retrofitted with modern technology. The surroundings include lava, gallows and a torture room, where players will want to stick close to their teammates.
- Bermuda – A shantytown created around the remnants of a crashed ship, Bermuda allows players to duck, dive, and wall ride from the fish market to the lighthouse in this small to medium sized map that’s been water-wasted and sandblasted.
- Premafrost – Set within the chill of a frozen city skyline, Permafrost lets players stick to the ground and pick their plan of attack in one of three main lanes. They will traverse the map, moving from street side to train station, and hobo village to wrecked theater house in this small, tight-quarters map.
- Fore – In Fore, the only thing miniature about this large map is the golf courses players will be fighting in. Fore features great visual variety as players swing around the sights and sounds of areas that brandish magical forests, giant creamsicles, and elevated castle walls.
- Attack of the Radioactive Thing – The next action-packed chapter of the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare zombies experience, once again features the return of Willard Wyler, the enigmatic movie director villain portrayed with voice and likeness by Paul Reubens (Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, Gotham). Wyler has trapped the four protagonists inside an all-new horror film, set in the 1950s and in the style of the Creature Feature films of the era. Players will fight a new array of zombie enemies across a ravaged beach town where a government science experiment has transformed the residents into flesh-devouring zombies and introduced a new biological menace into the city. Additionally, horror movie icon Elvira, played with voice and likeness by Cassandra Peterson (Elvira: Mistress of the Dark, Elvira’s Movie Macabre), will help players survive and give them gameplay tips and side quests with her unique Elvira style. New weapons, traps and more will augment the hallmark Call of Duty action, with Seth Green (Robot Chicken, Austin Powers) as “the Scientist;” Ike Barinholtz (Neighbors, Suicide Squad) as “the Rebel;” Jay Pharoah (White Famous, Saturday Night Live) as “the Soldier;” and Sasheer Zamata (Saturday Night Live, Inside Amy Schumer) as “the School Girl,” all making a return from the ongoing story in this all-new experience.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Absolution DLC Pack 3 is available July 6 on PlayStation 4, with release on Xbox One and PC to follow at a later date.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare DLC Pack 3 is included with the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Season Pass or can be bought separately for $14.99.
Estimated total number of players on PlayStation 4 for each Call of Duty title since 2013
Last week, Sony launched the PS4 My Life campaign which allows PlayStation 4 players to see some of their stats. Statistics include overall play-time, top 3 most-played games, rarest trophy, and more.
The rarest trophy statistic provides the exact number of players who earned said trophy. Using this data, Redditor /u/Kalinine has created a report on /r/CallofDuty estimating the total number of players each Call of Duty title since 2013 received on PlayStation 4.
It’s important to note that these are simply rough estimations – Activision has not confirmed these numbers.
Black Ops 4’s numbers will appear significantly low due to releasing only 2 months ago. The influx of players from Christmas also have yet to arrive.
In order of highest player count to lowest…
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – 54.7M
- Call of Duty: WWII – 25.5M
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 21.3M
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – 18.4M
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – 13.2M
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – 10.6M
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – 9.8M
Black Ops III’s player count is incredibly high, likely to it being available for free to all PlayStation Plus members from June 12th to July 11th, 2018.
While this is a rough idea of total player counts, there’s still many variables which contribute to its inaccuracy.
- It’s assumed that the numbers are global, however this cannot be confirmed.
- It’s not known whether these numbers are players who launched the titles or simply had them installed.
- According to Redditors, the numbers span only from November 20th to December 4th, 2018.
- The author of the report did not include Trophies with a percentage lower than 0.5% to reduce inaccuracy.
What are your thoughts on these numbers? While it may seem worrying to see Black Ops 4’s numbers low, it’s important to take into account all of the aforementioned points.
All Call of Duty titles on sale for Steam Winter and Xbox Countdown sales
The holidays are here! Steam and Xbox have launched their Winter and Countdown sales respectively. From the original Call of Duty up to Black Ops 4, plenty of Call of Duty titles are on sale on both platforms.
Steam’s Winter Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019 at 10AM PT. All prices are in US Dollar.
It’s important to note that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, is available exclusively on Battle.net for PC and thus is not included.
- Call of Duty – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: United Offensive – $9.79 (-51%)
- Call of Duty 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $29.39 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $33.99 (-66%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – $44.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $29.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: WWII – $35.99 (-40%)
Xbox One / Xbox 360
Xbox’s Countdown Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019. All prices are in US Dollar. Xbox Live Gold members also receive up to an additional 10% off.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Deluxe Edition – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Legacy Edition – $47.99 (-40%) / $39.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Launch Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $23.99 (-40%) / $19.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Digital Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Gold Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Black Ops Pass – $47.49 (-5%) / $42.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe Enhanced – $123.49 (-5%) / $110.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe – $94.99 (-5%) / $84.99 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – $44.99 (-25%) / $38.99 (-35%)
All of the following Xbox 360 titles are Backwards Compatible on Xbox One.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $11.99 (-40%) / $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $17.99 (-40%) / $14.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $14.99 (-15%) / $17.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Bundle (incl. Black Ops) – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
Do you plan to pick up any of the titles while they’re on-sale?
Call of Duty Cyber Monday – Receive 40% off WWII, Zombies, Infinite Warfare, and Modern Warfare items
Cyber Monday 2018 deals have gone live on the Call of Duty Shop website until Wednesday, November 28th, 2018.
COD40CM on the Call of Duty Shop website for up to 40% off on WWII, Zombies, Infinite Warfare, and Modern Warfare items (excluding select items).
Here are some of the Items which should be eligible for the promotion, check out all of them at shop.callofduty.com.
$159.95 ($95.97 with code)
$29.95 ($17.97 with code)
$21.95 ($13.17 with code)
At the time of writing it is unknown exactly how many items are applicable to this deal, be sure to verify during checkout.
Do you plan to take advantage of these deals? Let us know your thoughts.
Black Ops Cold War Zombies: new PawnTakesPawn site emerges
The Pawn Takes Pawn site just can’t die. Activision has sent out another round of large crates to select content...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6: Date, Subway, & Operators
Activision and Infinity Ward announced that Season 6 for Modern Warfare and Warzone begins on Tuesday, September 29. The company...
This Week in Modern Warfare & Warzone: 2XP & Store Bundles
Call of Duty Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what players can expect in Call...