In a new Reddit post, Infinity Ward has revealed some of the changes they are bringing to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare at launch based upon the feedback from the beta.
- Increased the consistency of shotgun damage
- Shotgun damage at longer range has been increased
- Slightly increased the one shot kill range.
- Both the Reaver and Banshee have received a slight bonus to their 1 trigger pull kill range
- Bullet spread at the hip no longer gets smaller as the player ADS’s. Once the scope reaches the player’s eye, the bullet spread goes instantly to zero.
- Sniper aim assist was reduced slightly for the KBS Longbow and the other bolt action snipers. Our turn rate while Aimed Down Sights is still slowed to help with precision aiming.
- Sniper-class weapons no longer have any Aim Assist until the optic fully reaches the player’s eye.
- For the ELO and Scout optics on snipers, the idle sway while ADS has been increased along with the player’s view bounce when moving. Because these optics are less zoomed in, the view bounce and the sway are felt less. These changes are to promote more stationary aiming and firing with these optics.
- The Tracking Chip optic’s visuals have been improved
- Reduced bonus of the Quickdraw attachment on snipers
- Updated snipers to have more flinch when getting shot.
- The Howitzer Grenade launcher can now be fired from the hip instead of requiring full ADS
- The RPR Evo epic variant (Ripper) has had a tuning pass to increase recoil given its bonus fire rate
PERKS & RIG TRAITS:
- Marksman – We fixed a bug where, in addition to reducing flinch, it was also reducing recoil. This would then stack with Gun Perks and the Foregrip Attachment. This bonus reduction has been removed.
- Momentum – Fixed issues with speed not being retained
- Marked Target – The temporary red marker on the victim has been toned down
HEALTH REGEN AND SPAWNING:
- Health Regen time has been reduced
- Infusion bonus reduced
- Continuing to refine spawn system on beta maps, will assess remaining launch maps in live environment
- Increased salvage gain in mission teams.
- Changed currency value in supply drops.
- Increased drop rate of keys in round-based modes.
SCORESTREAKS AND RIGS:
- AP-3X – Increased health, bullet damage, and weapon accuracy up close to help with target acquisition
- RC-8 – Increased health, increased weapon accuracy to help with target acquisition, slight increase in fire rate, and slight damage increase on splash damage
- T.H.O.R –
- Increased speed of tracking rockets
- Increase damage of both tracking and straight fire rockets
- Slight decrease in both time to the initial drop and the time between each subsequent drop
- Updated area damage to be consistent inner to outer
- Refining payload balance
- Slight tweaks to gameplay balance across rigs
- Defender: When carrying the Drone, the score-per-second bonus has been bumped from 5 score per second to 10 score per second. Scorestreak carrier bonus is unaffected.
- Gun Game: Now features all classic weapons. In future updates, weapons with alternate functions will retain their state upon spawn.
- Domination: When you step off a flag, the current capture bar progress starts to decay. The rate of this decay has been halved from the Beta. This allows players to hop off a flag to defend it and then get back on the flag with less progress loss
- Potential player evaluation was too strict. We were doing some very thorough testing of your connection to other players before placing you in a lobby with those players. This turned out to be a bit too thorough, and eventually was relaxed, leading to shorter matching times.
- Incorrect geographic categorization. There was an issue in our geolocation system which was causing some players to be incorrectly categorized. This was also resolved during the beta, improving matchmaking times.
- Dead lobby cleanup. The process which cleans up unused or dead lobby information from our back end was taking too long. This was causing a number of slowdowns when searching for a match.
- The matchmaker was always quite good at generating new lobbies, but one thing we noticed was that queueing into a join in progress situation was taking much longer. This was due to some issues in the way we track information about the lobbies that are currently playing a match. These issues were also addressed during the beta, and sped up the join in progress case immensely.
TTK (TIME TO KILL / ENGAGEMENT):
- We know a lot of you had different experiences with TTK during the Beta. With the above adjustments to dedicated servers, matchmaking, and weapon tuning, we think you’ll find that the TTK will be more balanced at launch, both on the attacking and receiving end. We’ll continue to monitor and balance throughout the year as need and would love your feedback in the process.
- We’re always looking at TTK and will continue to balance and monitor
- One of the major infrastructure changes we made this project was how dedicated server allocations work. We’re using a new load balancing system on the servers themselves, as well as pretty heavily changed how the game chooses a datacenter to use, and requests a dedicated server from that datacenter.
- At the start of the Beta, you may have noticed some host migrations and some poorer quality matches. We discovered some issues where the new system was dropping our dedicated server utilization numbers way below target. After some tweaks and fixes we were able dramatically improve our dedicated server utilization for the second weekend and beyond.
SOURCE: Infinite Warfare Reddit
CouRage explains what “killed” his love for CoD Multiplayer
Popular Call of Duty content creator CouRage revealed the main reason his love for CoD Multiplayer was “killed.”
CouRage has given fans the reason why he has lost his love for the standard Call of Duty Multiplayer mode.
Call of Duty has always been praised for its Multiplayer mode, which became its most popular aspect ever since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was released in 2007.
The Multiplayer mode spawned a massive community of players, some of which made a living through becoming professional players and content creators.
With the game developing so fast, many of these players have ultimately fallen out of love with the standard Multiplayer mode, with things like Warzone and other battle royale games becoming more appealing. With that being said, CouRage revealed why he no longer has the passion to play CoD Multiplayer.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is the latest installment in the franchise, which of course comes along with the classic Multiplayer mode that a lot of players look forward to every year.
Over the years, this mode has changed a lot, from Exo suits to the return of boots on the ground gameplay. As well as this, players began to realize that the game possessed a skill-based matchmaking system, which has since become a very controversial topic of conversation in recent years.
For those wondering why popular Call of Duty content creator CouRage isn’t grinding Vanguard’s Multiplayer mode, he revealed back in 2020 that “Skill based matchmaking” killed his love for Call of Duty’s Multiplayer mode, which is a system that pits similarly skilled players against each other.
In the tweet, CouRage explains that SBMM causes players to “sweat 100% of the time,” with no “pop off” games and “ability to use fun weapons,” asking Warzone to “save” him. This is very telling considering Warzone became his go-to game for quite some time.
- Read more: CoD: Vanguard’s 10 most popular weapons
A recent Reddit post brought this tweet back up for players to share their opinions on SBMM in Call of Duty. Some of the users are clearly in agreement with the streamer, with one comment saying:
“Matchmaking should not be skill based.. that why there is ranked mode to play on your own skills. Sadly they dont make competitive modes that rewards any way.”
Having said that, the community is definitely torn, as others feel as if SBMM is justified: “I feel like a lot of proficient COD players do not seem to understand that their “relaxed” games were built upon the backs of all of us who are mediocre to average players.”
Ultimately, SBMM was most likely introduced to make the game more accessible for new players, which may be a massive part of Call of Duty’s continued success. However, that clearly is alienating the more advanced and experienced players.
With CoD 2022 in the works, perhaps Activision will decide to switch it up, or players will be getting the same experience that may not be as appealing to the individuals who have been playing Call of Duty for years.
Image Credits: Activision
Clever CoD Zombies trick gives Chronicles players unlimited max ammo
CoD Zombies players have discovered a useful Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles trick that grants you unlimited max ammo drops.
Black Ops 3’s Zombies mode is popular among Call of Duty players, and now few of them have discovered a trick that grants you infinite max ammo drops in Zombies Chronicles.
Call of Duty players have been disappointed with Vanguard Zombies, and many of them have gone back to Black Ops 3. The game offers players 13 different maps after the release of Zombies Chronicles.
If you play enough times, you’re bound to pick up some useful tricks. Now one has been discovered that grants you infinite max ammo drops in the Zombies Chronicles Shangri-La map.
CoD Zombies trick for unlimited max ammo
Reddit user ‘I_Play_Zetsubou’ showcased this trick in the CoD Zombies subreddit. It requires you to drop into Shangri-La and acquire the Widow’s Wine Perk, which is located in the mines.
Zombie Monkeys will randomly appear whenever there’s a drop on the map. They attempt to steal the drop you need to kill them before you can collect it yourself. However, they can be helpful for this trick.
Here’s how you can get infinite ammo in CoD Zombies:
- Collect Widow’s Wine on Shangri-La
- Take out zombies until the Widow’s Wine grenade refill drop appears
- Let a Zombie Monkey steal the Widow’s Wine grenade drop
- Kill the Zombies Monkey after it cycles over the max ammo
This trick will keep filling up your max ammo, and you can repeat these steps to ensure that you never run out of rounds. While players have been able to visit this version of the map for a while, many of them were unaware of this tactic.
“I never would have noticed till you posted this,” commented one surprised user. So, if you find yourself running low on bullets when playing on the Shangri-La map, then this can save your life.
For more Call of Duty, check out this Bizarre Warzone glitch that breaks players’ audio after getting kills and how to fix Warzone Pacific & Modern Warfare’s Status Goldflake error.
Image credits: Treyarch
Call of Duty remains best-selling franchise in the US for 14th year in a row
After being released back in November, it has now been confirmed that Vanguard has continued Call of Duty’s long line of success.
Call of Duty continues to achieve success in the gaming industry year after year, as Vanguard continues its run of the best-selling game.
Official data and information regarding the United States Video Games Consumer Spread has revealed that Call of Duty has managed to continue its streak for the best-selling game within its release month for 14 years running.
Along with Warzone dominating the battle royale genre in gaming, Vanguard has also achieved success, keeping the franchise as prominent as ever.
The month of November 2021 saw various big-name games released, but one inevitably came out on top. In competition with Battlefield 2042 and even GTA the Definitive Edition, Call of Duty Vanguard managed to absolutely smash it once again by becoming the best-selling game of its release month.
Executive Director & Video Game Industry Advisor Mat Piscatella released the information via Twitter.
They Tweeted out the United States Video Games Consumer Spread for the month of November 2021, which showed Call of Duty top the charts yet again for the 14th year in a row.
They also revealed that Call of Duty: Vanguard is the “2nd best-selling game of 2021 to date [December 13, 2021].”
Behind Vanguard, Battlefield 2042 took the spot as the second best-selling game of November 2021, which isn’t much of a surprise as the two franchises stand as the most popular FPS games in the industry.
This is great news for the developer of Call of Duty Vanguard, as it wouldn’t be ideal if Vanguard became the installment that broke the franchise’s winning streak.
For more on Call of Duty news, stay tuned on CharlieINTEL.
Image Credits: Activision
Best Type 11 loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 1
Here are all of the attachments and Perks you need to build the best Type 11 loadout in Warzone Pacific...
How to complete FIFA 22 Player Moments Ilkay Gundogan SBC
Ilkay Gundogan is looking like a great option in the midfield, and FUT players are going to want to complete...
FIFA FUT 22 Team of the Year Warmup Series: Start date, TOTY leaks, more
Before FIFA 22's Ultimate Team TOTY event, EA Sports are dropping a special Warmup Series promo to build hype.