Communication…it’s finally happening.
Infinity Ward has shared their first community update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, providing fans a look at what’s coming to the game, what’s happening at the studio, and more.
The studio is launching a Trello board to highlight issues they are aware of, will provide weekly community updates, and more as they work to be more transparent with the Call of Duty community in 2020 about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
They’ve also highlighted some new playlists and features coming to the game in the near future, alongside more to come.
Here’s the full community update from Infinity Ward:
A little over a month ago, we kicked off Season One of Modern Warfare with new maps, modes, weapons, and Special Ops experiences, making it one of the biggest drops to come to Call of Duty. The responses we’ve seen from the community have been absolutely incredible and we genuinely can’t thank you all enough for playing and for being this journey with us. Now that we’re fresh into 2020, we want to update you on a few things we’re working on…
- Gunfight 3v3: Aside from the Gunfight 1v1 playlist we rolled out this week, we’re working on another version of Gunfight, 3v3!
- Additional loadouts: 5 loadouts aren’t enough, so we’ll be adding more loadout slots over the coming weeks!
- Gunfight Tournament: It was incredible to see so many people jumping into the Gunfight Tournament Beta back in November and we plan on bringing tournaments back once we’ve squashed a few bugs and added in new rewards.
- MORE 2XP, 2X Weapon XP, and 2X Tier events!
That’s just a taste of things we’re working on, so keep an eye out for these and more in future updates!
Below is a short list of issues we’re currently tracking…
- Lighting flickering on various maps
- Mission collision on containers on Cargo
- Platinum skins not unlocking properly
- Out of map exploits in Ground War
- Platinum and Damascus camos glare while ADS
But, that’s not all we’re tracking.
You all are great at keeping us updated with features you’d like to see, modes you want to play, bugs you encounter, and overall feedback. With that, we want to keep you as up to date as possible, so starting today we’ll be using this nifty Trello board to show you issues we’re tracking, provide support, and even give a sneak peek at things that are coming up. It’s not everythingwe’re working on, but it’s an awesome way to see what’s on our radar and some of the community issues we’ve acknowledged.
This board can get updated in real-time, so be sure to bookmark it, refresh it, and be on the lookout for updates!
Check out the Modern Warfare Trello board HERE!
We want to keep you even more updated, so below is a simple calendar to show you what types of content you can expect to see:
- Tuesday – Playlist updates
- Thursday – Developer diary and/or behind the scenes blog
- Friday – Community Update blog
And of course, anytime we do a patch or title update, you’ll see patch notes posted on our website, Trello board, and across social media. Please keep in mind that things are always subject to change, so we’ll do our best to keep you updated each week.
All of this and more will be coming out over the next few weeks, so please stay tuned for more details and specifics. As we head into the new year, we want to thank you all again for playing, talking with us, and for being part of this community. We’re truly grateful and we look forward to sharing more with you soon.
SOURCE: Infinity Ward