As GameInformer’s coverage of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare continues, the website posted a new feature today discussing some of the controversial moments from the past – notably the No Russian mission in 2009’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Infinity Ward’s Art Director, Joel Emslie, says that the studio at the time was divided over how far they wanted to take the No Russian mission in Modern Warfare 2 and what they really wanted to show to the fans. The mission has received a lot of fan fare and media coverage over its intensity during its time.
“No Russian polarized this studio,” art lead Joel Emslie says. “There was a side of the studio that felt that it should be played from the perspective of a security guard that got caught up in it, then there was the other side that liked the way it was going. I remember doing all the civilians for No Russian, and I just wouldn’t … there was a point in time where we were discussing how gory we would get with the people who were getting hit. I pulled back, and I said, ‘You don’t need it. People are getting tagged and their squibs are going off; it’s all good.’”
Emslie stated that the No Russian mission actually got more blood and gore after hearing feedback from his wife for the mission lacking that. “My wife looked at it and she’s all like, ‘Where’s all the blood and guts?’ and I’m like, ‘We didn’t need to do it,’” he says. “She called me out. She calls me on my bulls—. It’s pretty funny. She looks at things in a different lens. She’s a lawyer. She doesn’t mess around, but she’s a good gut check on stuff.”
This year’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare title is poised to have more moments like this as the studio is taking the franchise to new levels of realism with intense moments. The campaign gameplay we’ve seen thus far during our visits were quite dramatic compared to what Call of Duty has done before.
GameInformer asked the studio campaign leads if there’s a particular moment in this game that will be caught by fans as intense and maybe controversial.
They state that there is potential for many moments in this game to cause the same effect.
“People ask us that internally over and over. They’re like, ‘Where’s your blankety blank scene?’,” campaign gameplay director Jacob Minkoff says. “There are so many of those at this point that people have stopped asking that question.”
“The answer is it’s the whole game,” studio narrative director Taylor Kurosaki says. “I could come up with a list of like eight different things that it could be. Who knows what it will be.”
“I suspect there will be a number of different moments and people will call out their different favorite moments,” Minkoff says. “In the same way that in Modern Warfare 1, people called out the nuke and the aftermath sequence where you crawl out of the helicopter, or they called out the AC-130, or Crew Expendable, or All Ghillied Up. There were a bunch of those, and I feel very confident that we have a bunch of those.”
Infinity Ward has still not shown gameplay of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s campaign publicly yet. Many members of the media and content creators have had a chance to see certain levels.
Modern Warfare devs investigating PS4 blue screen after Season 6 update
Following the newest update for Modern Warfare, which started Season 6, many PlayStation 4 users are experiencing issues playing the game.
With the recently update, PlayStation 4 players are getting a crash blue screen while playing matches of Modern Warfare MP. Some PC players are also experiencing issues.
PS4 players are seeing CE-34878-0 PS4 Error Code throughout their time playing Modern Warfare or Warzone after the recent update.
The blue screen issue started to happen after the Season 6 update, which went live on Sept. 28 at 11PM PT.
Activision has now confirmed they are aware of the issue.
“We’re actively investigating an issue where some players are experiencing crashes,” reads a new tweet from Activision’s Support account.
There’s no indication yet as to when players can expect an overall fix for the crash error that is occurring in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Stay tuned for any updates on a fix for this error.
Feature Image above is example what the error looks like.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 Update: Patch Notes
Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on all platforms.
This update kicks off Season 6 of the Modern Warfare and Warzone on all platforms.
Update Download Information
The update size for Season 6 update for Modern Warfare and Warzone:
- PlayStation 4: 19.3 GB
- Xbox One: 22.66 GB
- PC: 57 GB (Modern Warfare owners) and 25.5 GB (Warzone only owners)
In addition, PS4 & Xbox One players will have an additional compatibility pack to play Multiplayer and Special Ops.
- PlayStation 4 Compatibility Pack: 7.8 GB
- PlayStation 4 Survival Pack: 5.8 GB
- Xbox One Compatibility Pack: 8 GB
- Xbox One Survival Pack: 5.9 GB
Due note, Survival Mode for Modern Warfare available now on PS4 and coming October 1 to Xbox One and PC.
- Read More: Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 6 Roadmap
New Operators, Nikolai and Farah join the fight. New weapons. New maps. New modes. More Battle Pass gear for you to unlock.
- Ground War
- Gunfight Blueprint Customs
- Face Off – Station
- Killstreak Confirmed
- Season Six Mish Pit – Season Six maps Broadcast and Mialstor Tank Factory in mosh pit game modes
- BR Quads
- BR Trios
- BR Duos
- BR Solos
- Plunder Trios
- Armored Royale Quads
- C4: Slight delay when performing a quick detonation. A beep will now play when quick detonation is triggered. Also reduced throw initial velocity by 30%
- Fix for a bug where, after reviving a teammate in Survival, there will be a 5 second delay before the user is able to use their weapon again
- Fix for an issue where players could obtain unlimited Stopping Power rounds
- Fix for an issue where the defending player had a long respawn timer after the HQ was taken back and all players were dead while in a Headquarters match
- Fix for an issue where it was possible to put a molotov or grenade into a planted bomb causing it to kill the diffusing player
- Fix for two issues where the player’s watch and/or Heartbeat Sensor would not be entirely visible when using the XRK Chainsaw attachment on the Finn LMG
- Fix for a bug where explosive and thermite rounds do not function as intended on the Chronic variant from the Blunt Force II bundle
- Fixed an issue where the muzzle selection screen for the Finn LMG was hard to view in the Gunsmith menu
- Fixed an issue where the player’s left hand will not properly grip the weapon when the 23.0” Romanian barrel is equipped on the AK
- Fixed a few bugs where the prone hipfire viewmodel positioning was not appearing as intended and could disappear in certain circumstances
- Origin 12: Reduced very close damage in Warzone
- Shotguns: Increased damage of slugs in Warzone
- XRK ChainSAW – FiNN LMG:
- Adding a description in Gunsmith nothing the attachment does not allow for weapon mounting
- Increased brightness on the Tac Laser attachment
- Fixed a collision issue in the south corner of the Stadium
- Fix for an issue where a fence with a white tarp over it near the Hospital was allowing players to see through it on one side
- Fix for an issue where, on occasion, the train would appear as a white placeholder icon on the map
- Implemented fixes to help properly track Warzone wins
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to damage enemies with gunfire while on an ascender
- If a player has their minimap set to not rotate, they will see inaccurate pings on the heartbeat sensor. This has been fixed.
- Fix for a rare issue where the Train’s supply boxes could vanish during longer rounds
- NVIDIA Reflex is now available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, including Warzone, and will deliver latency improvements in GPU-intensive gaming scenarios on GeForce GTX 900 and higher NVIDIA graphics cards
- Improved stability and performance
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 PlayStation exclusive content
PlayStation Blog has announced the latest batch of exclusive content for PlayStation users in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Activision has confirmed that Modern Warfare’s Survival mode officially arrives on Xbox One and PC on October 1, 2020, but PlayStation gets a bonus Combat Pack exclusively for Season 6.
Survival mode gets an update with a new map: Hovec Sawmill. This map is only on PS4 until October 1, 2020.
In addition, there’s a Warzone Season Six Combat Pack available only on PS4. The Warzone Season 6 Combat Pack is a timed PlayStation exclusive until December 1, 2020.
Survive the Gulag in Warzone or fight to secure the victory in Multiplayer bundle that is free for all Playstation Plus subscribers. Download the Pack by going to the Franchise section of the Store and scroll down to the Miscellaneous section. The bundle includes the following:
- Epic Rodion ‘Red Death’ skin (This skin unlocks the Operator, if not already owned)
- Epic ‘Shivvie’ Melee Weapon
- Epic ‘Slipshod’ Handgun Weapon Blueprint
- Epic ‘Ball and Chain’ Charm
- Epic ‘Don’t Back Down’ Calling Card
- Epic ‘Gulag’ Emblem
- Epic ‘Inside Job’ Sticker
- 60 Minute Double XP Token
There is also a timed exclusive Weapon Blueprint, which is available only on PS4 until October 1, 2020, per the PS Blog.
Turn the Tides and Earn the *Exclusive Tide Pool Blueprint
A sniper designed for players who lock down lanes in Multiplayer and can eliminate squads escaping the circle collapse in Warzone. The blueprint is earned in a five-step mission set, found in Missions, that requires use of multiple weapon classes and in-match skills. The weapon has a shorter barrel that other sniper rifles but can still go the distance thanks to a quality scope. Build a complete loadout with an agile and strong-secondary like the GS or Renetti and perks that help you withstand damage like Battle Hardened and EOD until the job is done.
Stay tuned for the latest news on Modern Warfare and Warzone.
SOURCE: PS Blog
When does Black Ops Cold War launch on next-gen?
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War arrives worldwide this November across platforms. The title represents the first Call of...
Activision Blizzard allowing CDL teams to defer league payments
Activision Blizzard is providing financial relief for Call of Duty League team ownership groups in 2020 due to the on-going...
Modern Warfare devs investigating PS4 blue screen after Season 6 update
Following the newest update for Modern Warfare, which started Season 6, many PlayStation 4 users are experiencing issues playing the...