To celebrate the announcement of Call of Duty: WWII, KontrolFreeks has released a brand new Call of Duty Heritage Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The folks at KontrolFreeks sent us over a pair for the PS4 to check out, and here’s our quick impressions.
The Heritage Edition KontrolFreek are very similar to other KontrolFreek that are currently available, but feature a new design to support World War II-style era. The thumb sticks are sleek and work just as great as previous editions.
We used to use KontrolFreek thumbsticks a lot on Xbox One. The Heritage Edition are our first pair for the PS4, and they provide a comfortable experience to play similar to Xbox One. After using the new thumbsticks for about a week, they provide a great experience to compliment the PlayStation 4 controller. These thumbsticks can be easily applied to any PS4 controller.
For someone interested in playing competitively, these are must have additions in your gaming collection. It provides accurate and improved control while playing FPS titles. Majority of those who currently use these sticks are competitive players or esports players. They offer great reliability, a good grip, control, and precision while playing Call of Duty titles; and in fact, they help your gameplay for any FPS title. The added grip helps for a better accuracy in titles where kills are down to the best shooter. I have been using these to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered recently, and the added grip does provide a better player experience in controlling your moves.
For those playing very casually, it might not be necessarily needed. It does provide added comfort and ease-ability to playing but are built for intense gameplay and action that comes from competitive esports.
Check out all KontrolFreek products and more at their official website here.
Editor’s Note: Special thanks to KontrolFreek for sending us over the Call of Duty Heritage Edition to use and review.
PlayStation Plus games lineup: All PS Plus Extra & Premium titles
Sony have revealed the lineup of games that will be available with the new and improved version of PlayStation Plus.
The PlayStation Plus subscription service will undergo various changes, and here’s a list of PS Plus games you can expect to have access to following the overhaul.
Throughout the months of May and June, Sony will be rolling out a revamped version of PlayStation Plus. The core concept for the service will remain unchanged but Sony are introducing subscription tiers to PS Plus.
This means the massive catalog of games available to PS Plus subscribers will depend on which of the three options you select. We’ll go through the different tier options below, and detail all the PS Plus games that will be available at launch.
PlayStation Plus changes & tiers explained
PlayStation Plus has always offered an all-encompassing service to those who subscribe. That’s all going to change as players will soon have the chance to choose between three different tiers. Essentially, you’ll be able to choose the tier that best suits your needs.
PlayStation Plus Essential is the lowest tier on offer and it is the option that is comparable to the current service. If you’re happy with your current PS Plus subscription and are not interested in new features, Essential is the way to go.
If you’re looking for more content like a massive library of games, then you’ll want to look into the Extra and Premium tiers. Extra will grant you access to a catalog of PS4 and PS5 games, while Premium will also add PS3, PS2, PSP, and PlayStation libraries to the mix.
To find out which tier is right for you and how much each tier costs per month you can visit the PlayStation blog that details the changes coming to PS Plus in the summer of 2022.
All PS Plus games list: Premium & Extra catalog
While the focus is definitely on PlayStation games whose studios are affiliated with Sony like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and Uncharted, you’ll also be pleasantly surprised to see third-party titles available via PS Plus.
Games like Mortal Kombat 11, NBA 2K22, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are not out of reach for players who opt for PlayStation Plus’ Extra or Premium tiers. You’ll be able to access this incredible library of games seen below for a monthly fee.
PlayStation Plus Premium Games
- Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
- Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
Third Party Partners
- Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
- Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation
PlayStation Studios (remasters)
- Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- FantaVision | SIE, PS4
- Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4
- Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
- Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
- Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4
Third Party Partners (remasters)
- Baja: Edge of Control HD | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Lego Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4
PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium Games
While the Sony blog wasn’t clear on the fact, it seems that games with asterisks beside their names will only be available to PlayStation Premium members, which is the highest tier available. We’ll update this section with official confirmation once we know more about the situation.
- Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
- Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
- Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
- Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
- Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
- Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
- Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
- Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
- Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
- Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
- God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla Games, PS4
- Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
- LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
- LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
- Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
- MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
- Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
- Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
- Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
- Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
- The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
- The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
- The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
- Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4
- Ashen | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla*** | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
- Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
- Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
- Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
- Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
- Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
- Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
- Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
- Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
- Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4
- Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
- Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
- The Crew 2*** | Ubisoft, PS4
While these are the titles expected to be available when the new version of PlayStation Plus launches, don’t be surprised to see this extensive catalog updated with brand-new games as months go by.
Keep an eye out for the new iteration of PS Plus to launch on June 13 in NA, and June 23 in Europe.
For more gaming news, check out how Elden Ring dethroned Vanguard as the best-selling game of the last year.
Image Credits: Ubisoft / Sony / Insomniac Games / Rockstar Games / Santa Monica Studio / WB Games / Sucker Punch / Kojima Productions / Housemarque
Vanguard devs officially roll out long-awaited multiplayer spawn changes
Vanguard devs have used the data and feedback provided by players and the Experimental Playlist to finally tweak the game’s spawns.
After analyzing data and feedback from the Experimental Playlist, Vanguard devs have finally delivered a proper fix to major spawn issues.
Vanguard’s subpar spawn logic has been the number one complaint from avid players since the game’s release.
A few weeks ago, the devs put a plan in place to finally fix Vanguard’s spawns. On March 25, players received an Experimental Playlist meant to test the quality of spawns.
The devs also requested that players submit feedback on the state of Vanguard spawns and their overall multiplayer experience. All this valuable data has been used to finally provide a permanent fix to Vanguard spawns across multiplayer maps.
At first, the Experimental Playlist only included small Vanguard maps where poor spawn logic was common. Players continued to report spawn issues on Dome, Shipment, and Das Haus as the devs collected feedback.
Spawning next to enemies or enemy bullets is not a pleasant experience and hopefully, players will no longer have to deal with this problem. Later on, the Playlist expanded to incorporate maps of all sizes, which means the overall Vanguard experience on every map could have improved for the better.
As you can see from Sledgehammer’s Tweet above, the devs claim that “the spawn adjustments have proven beneficial.” As of April 12, the spawn changes are live which means that you should notice an improvement on all maps.
Interestingly enough, Sledgehammer has yet to reveal patch notes that detail the various changes. Additional information would be vital to understanding the impact of these spawn changes, so hopefully, players will get their hands on patch notes soon enough.
It’ll be up to the players to decide whether or not they feel the spawn quality has improved but these are certainly positive words from the team in charge.
For more Vanguard, check out how the #2 Ranked player got exposed after showing his wallhack cheats on stream.
Image Credit: Activision
JGOD reveals their favorite Call of Duty Perk of all time
Call of Duty content creator JGOD recently revealed their favorite Multiplayer Perk of all time, a pick that many may have forgotten about.
JGOD let the community know his favorite Call of Duty Perk of all time, which many new players may not even have used before, especially as it’s not available in Warzone.
JGOD is known for their in-depth content for Call of Duty games, especially Warzone. The Youtuber often looks into the stats and details for weapons and loadouts, figuring out the best attachments,Perks, and equipment to use.
With that being said, it’s often great to hear JGOD’s personal opinions on their favorite things to use in Call of Duty, which is exactly what he gave when our Twitter page asked the community what the best CoD Perk of all time is.
Our CharlieINTEL Twitter page asked the CoD community what the best Call of Duty Perk of all time is.
For those in the community who have been following the franchise since the CoD 4 days, this question is much harder to answer simply because there have been so many great Perks over the years that haven’t returned or just aren’t in Warzone.
- Read more: How to lower input lag in Warzone
JGOD is one of those players who has been in the community for a long time, so their pick might have some of the modern players slightly bemused.
The content creator’s pick for their favorite CoD Perk of all time is Stalker from Modern Warfare 3, which was released back in 2011. This Perk got rid of all movement penalties while aiming down sights.
This allowed players to strafe effectively while using an LMG, Sniper Rifle, and any other weapon with poor mobility, which was very effective in MW3.
The Perk basically turned Assault Rifles into SMGs, meaning they were effective at close and long ranges.
Further, if players unlocked the Pro version of the Perk, it also delayed Bouncing Betty, Claymore, and IMS detection, which were very strong equipment in MW3.
Although Stalker returned in Call of Duty: Ghosts, the description was slightly different from the MW3 version, and clearly, JGOD’s post is the Perk image from MW3.
Other popular Call of Duty players also weighed in on the debate, with Optic Hitch also sharing their opinion in the comments, stating that MW2’s Ninja Pro was the best Perk of all time: “Ninja Pro MW2. Not close.”
Everyone will have their preference as the best Call of Duty Perk of all time comes down to personal opinion, but Stalker is definitely not a bad shout.
For more on Call of Duty, check out everything we currently know about Modern Warfare II.
Image Credits: Activision / JGOD
Warzone devs confirm 120Hz returns to Xbox Series consoles soon
Xbox Series consoles can no longer run Warzone at 120FPS, but Raven Software have confirmed the fix is coming very...
Best Shotguns in Warzone: Season 3 ranked list
If you're looking for the most powerful close-range weapons Warzone Pacific has to offer, here are the best Shotguns for...
When is Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded? New SMG & Sphere map
The next major update for Vanguard is Season 3 Reloaded, so here's everything we know including the new SMG, map,...