This year, we’re covering all of the E3 conferences on CharlieINTEL.com in this single article. As you may have seen from our Game Plan post, we have extensive coverage laid out for this upcoming week. (All major Black Ops 3 news will be posted separately as usual)
We’re using this post as a place for all the E3 press conference streams; this post will be updated with each stream when the time approaches. We’ll also include a recap and links to any major gaming announcements and trailers.
RECAP / TRAILERS:
- TRAILER: Dishonored II officially announced; coming soon to PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- TRAILER: BATTLECRY Official E3 Gameplay Trailer
- TRAILER: DOOM – E3 2015 Gameplay Trailer
- TRAILER: The Elder Scrolls: Legends – E3 2015 Teaser Trailer
- TRAILER: The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited – Bethesda E3 Showcase Trailer
- TRAILER: Fallout 4: E3 Gameplay – EXTRA FOOTAGE – Crafting,Shelter & More – Bethesda Showcase 2015
- DOOM will feature a multiplayer mode; new “DOOM SnapMap” mode on all platforms for players to create and never run out of fun. Available Spring 2016 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC
- Dishonored Definitive Edition available this August on Xbox One and PS4
- Fallout Shelter announced, new mobile game available today on the App Store(link)
- Fallout 4’s Collector Edition announced “Pipboy” Edition which features real watch from the game
- BIGGEST NEWS: Fallout 4 is available November 10th, 2015 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Xbox One to be backwards compatible with Xbox 360
- Xbox One “Elite Controller ” just revealed
- Tom Clancy’s The Division BETA coming first to Xbox One in December
- Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 comes FREE with Rainbow Six Siege
- Fable Legends will have cross-buy on Xbox One and PC
- Minecraft for HaloLens revealed
- Gear of War Ultimate Edition, GoW1 Remaster arrives August 25th, beta today
- Gears of War 4 announced
- TRAILER: Xbox One – E3 Jump ahead
- TRAILER: Halo 5 Guardians New Multiplayer mode ‘Warzone’
- TRAILER: Forza 6 E3 Gameplay
- TRAILER: Gigantic E3 2015 Gameplay
- TRAILER: Tacoma Announce Trailer for Xbox One
- TRAILER: Ashen announce trailer for E3 Xbox One
- TRAILER: Beyond Eyes coming to Xbox One
- TRAILER: Rare Replay E3 Announce Trailer
- TRAILER: Fable Legends – E3 2015
- TRAILER: Rise of the Tomb Raider – E3 Gameplay Reveal
- DEMO: Halo 5 E3 Campaign Demo
- DEMO: Gears of War 4 E3 Gameplay Preview
- Need for Speed arrives November 3rd
- New IP announced, “Unravel”, a puzzle platformer
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Fallen Empire is a free expansion, arrives Oct. 27th
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 gameplay shown, free updates
- Several EA Sports title shown
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes announced for mobile
- TRAILER: Star Wars Battlefront: Multiplayer Gameplay “Walker Assault” on Hoth
- TRAILER: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Reveal – Available Feb. 23rd on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- TRAILER: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
- TRAILER: FIFA 16 Gameplay Reveal
- The Division beta is coming to Xbox One in December, early 2016 on PS4/PC
- BIG NEWS: The Division will be available March 8th, 2016 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC
- TRAILER: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege White Masks Angela Bassett Reveal
- TRAILER: The Division DarkZone Multiplayer Reveal
- Rainbow Six Siege BETA starts September 24th on all platforms
- WORLD PREMIERE TRAILER: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands announced
- Black Ops 3 was shown at this conference with confirmation of all new DLC coming first to PlayStation.
Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer & Warzone 2.0 reveal date announced
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2.0 are officially on the way, and Call of Duty fans finally have a date for a major gameplay reveal.
Activision and Infinity Ward have officially confirmed when we will get our first look at Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer and Warzone 2.0, with a gameplay reveal announced during the CDL Championship Weekend 2022.
CDL Championship Weekend 2022 sees eight of the best Call of Duty teams battle it out to become world champions. While this is the final Vanguard event of the year, attention is already starting to turn towards the next game in the series, Modern Warfare 2.
While we’re still a few months away from the game’s October 28 launch, the good news is that we’re finally going to glimpse of multiplayer action and the next evolution of Warzone, with Infinity Ward set to host a reveal for both games on Thursday, September 15, 2022.
The Call of Duty Next event will feature the world reveal of Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, the reveal of Warzone 2.0, a first look at Warzone mobile, and much more.
- What the imminent future of Call of Duty will look like, including many more details regarding Modern Warfare II, information on the next Call of Duty®: Warzone™, and more on the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone (also known as Project Aurora).
- A full Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal.
- A multitude of your favorite streamers at the event, playing the games in real time.
- [[REDACTED]] information and surprises!
If you’re desperate to get your hands on the game early, the good news is that a multiplayer beta is set to arrive before the game’s release, with details also announced during CDL Championship Weekend.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward / Activision Blizzard
Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer beta dates revealed
Call of Duty fans will be able to get their hands on Modern Warfare 2 before its October launch with the multiplayer beta.
Call of Duty fans finally know when we can get our hands on the next entry in the legendary franchise, with Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer beta dates revealed during CDL Championship Weekend 2022.
While the best players in the world have been competing in Los Angeles at the season-ending showcase for the Call of Duty League, attention is already turning to the next title in Activision’s FPS juggernaut.
Call of Duty players will be able to play Modern Warfare 2 in September, with an exclusive beta for PlayStation owners followed by a crossplay beta for all platforms.
You can view the dates in full below.
PlayStation Exclusive beta
The first Beta weekend is available on PlayStation® 4 and PlayStation®5, and is scheduled to run from Friday, September 16 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday September 20. This weekend is for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players only. You are able to access the Beta without requiring the PlayStation Plus subscription service.
- Early Access: September 16 – 17
- Open Beta: September 18 – 20
The second Beta weekend is available on all console platforms and PC, and is scheduled to run from Thursday, September 22 at 10AM PT to Monday, September 26. Crossplay will be active allowing you to party up with friends and the greater community, no matter what hardware they play on.
- Xbox & PC Early Access: September 22 – 23
- Xbox & PC Open Beta: September 24 – 26
- PlayStation Open Beta: September 22 – 26
Players can pre-order at retailers or digitally to get access during the Early Access period.
Infinity Ward also showcased a first look at the Grand Prix MP map for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
While fans will be able to get their hands on Modern Warfare 2, we won’t be able to sample Warzone 2.0, which is currently set to launch later in the year.
Thankfully, we will get a look at the game before its release, as part of the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer reveal on which takes place just before the beta.
Image Credits: Activision / Infinity Ward
Microsoft’s Activision Blizzard acquisition could be approved in US by next month
Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision could be finalised in the US soon, as the Federal Trade Commission has 30 days to challenge the deal.
The gaming industry was taken by storm when Microsoft announced its acquisition of Activision, and now new details reveal that the deal could be done sooner than many thought.
Activision has a lot on its plate with Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2. Call of Duty fans are more excited than ever for these new installments, and while development continues, one of the biggest acquisitions in gaming history plays on in the background.
New details have been shared regarding Microsoft’s purchase of Activision, implying that the deal could be completed in the next month.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has now received the information Microsoft needed to provide to complete the deal for Activision.
The FTC told Microsoft and Activision that additional information was required in order to complete the deal back in March, and it seems this request has now been fulfilled according to news provider Seeking Alpha.
This now means that the $69 billion deal could be completed very soon, as the FTC will have 30 days to challenge the purchase, and if they decided not to, the acquisition will continue.
Having said that, for the countdown to begin both Microsoft and Activision have to have provided the wanted information, and as far as we know, Activision may still have to do so.
However, once all of this required information has been handed to the FTC, a 30-day countdown will begin, during which the FTC will be able to allow the deal to commence unchallenged, challenge the deal, or negotiate with the involved parties and establish some rules to keep the market healthy.
The CMA, which is the UK’s equivalent to the FTC, are also investigating the purchase, so they will also need to approve before the acquisition can move forward. The deadline for the CMA is September 1, so fans will know by this date whether the deal will be going through or not.
If all goes to plan for Microsoft, we could see the acquisition completed within the next 30 days, even before the release of Modern Warfare 2.
Luckily, CoD fans on other platforms will not need to worry, as Microsoft have already confirmed that they will continue to support Call of Duty fans on all platforms and respect the ongoing Call of Duty exclusivity deal PlayStation has with Activision.
Image Credits: Acftivision / Microsoft
Best Assault Rifles in Warzone: Every Season 4 Reloaded AR ranked
Assault Rifles are great all-rounders in Warzone Pacific Season 4 Reloaded, so here are Warzone's ARs ranked and the best...
MultiVersus Season 1 update: Release date, Morty, Battle Pass price
MultiVersus Season 1 will bring a ton of new content to the game including Battle Pass rewards and a new...
Hogwarts Legacy: Release date, gameplay, trailer, more
Harry Potter fans will soon be able to live out their wizarding dreams with the release of Hogwarts Legacy, an...