This year, we’re covering all of the E3 conferences on CharlieINTEL.com in this single article. As you may have seen from our Game Plan post, we have extensive coverage laid out for this upcoming week. (All major Black Ops 3 news will be posted separately as usual)
We’re using this post as a place for all the E3 press conference streams; this post will be updated with each stream when the time approaches. We’ll also include a recap and links to any major gaming announcements and trailers.
RECAP / TRAILERS:
- TRAILER: Dishonored II officially announced; coming soon to PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- TRAILER: BATTLECRY Official E3 Gameplay Trailer
- TRAILER: DOOM – E3 2015 Gameplay Trailer
- TRAILER: The Elder Scrolls: Legends – E3 2015 Teaser Trailer
- TRAILER: The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited – Bethesda E3 Showcase Trailer
- TRAILER: Fallout 4: E3 Gameplay – EXTRA FOOTAGE – Crafting,Shelter & More – Bethesda Showcase 2015
- DOOM will feature a multiplayer mode; new “DOOM SnapMap” mode on all platforms for players to create and never run out of fun. Available Spring 2016 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC
- Dishonored Definitive Edition available this August on Xbox One and PS4
- Fallout Shelter announced, new mobile game available today on the App Store(link)
- Fallout 4’s Collector Edition announced “Pipboy” Edition which features real watch from the game
- BIGGEST NEWS: Fallout 4 is available November 10th, 2015 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Xbox One to be backwards compatible with Xbox 360
- Xbox One “Elite Controller ” just revealed
- Tom Clancy’s The Division BETA coming first to Xbox One in December
- Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 comes FREE with Rainbow Six Siege
- Fable Legends will have cross-buy on Xbox One and PC
- Minecraft for HaloLens revealed
- Gear of War Ultimate Edition, GoW1 Remaster arrives August 25th, beta today
- Gears of War 4 announced
- TRAILER: Xbox One – E3 Jump ahead
- TRAILER: Halo 5 Guardians New Multiplayer mode ‘Warzone’
- TRAILER: Forza 6 E3 Gameplay
- TRAILER: Gigantic E3 2015 Gameplay
- TRAILER: Tacoma Announce Trailer for Xbox One
- TRAILER: Ashen announce trailer for E3 Xbox One
- TRAILER: Beyond Eyes coming to Xbox One
- TRAILER: Rare Replay E3 Announce Trailer
- TRAILER: Fable Legends – E3 2015
- TRAILER: Rise of the Tomb Raider – E3 Gameplay Reveal
- DEMO: Halo 5 E3 Campaign Demo
- DEMO: Gears of War 4 E3 Gameplay Preview
- Need for Speed arrives November 3rd
- New IP announced, “Unravel”, a puzzle platformer
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Fallen Empire is a free expansion, arrives Oct. 27th
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 gameplay shown, free updates
- Several EA Sports title shown
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes announced for mobile
- TRAILER: Star Wars Battlefront: Multiplayer Gameplay “Walker Assault” on Hoth
- TRAILER: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Reveal – Available Feb. 23rd on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- TRAILER: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
- TRAILER: FIFA 16 Gameplay Reveal
- The Division beta is coming to Xbox One in December, early 2016 on PS4/PC
- BIG NEWS: The Division will be available March 8th, 2016 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC
- TRAILER: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege White Masks Angela Bassett Reveal
- TRAILER: The Division DarkZone Multiplayer Reveal
- Rainbow Six Siege BETA starts September 24th on all platforms
- WORLD PREMIERE TRAILER: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands announced
- Black Ops 3 was shown at this conference with confirmation of all new DLC coming first to PlayStation.
PlayStation VR2: Release date, specs, & more
The PlayStation VR2 is Sony’s brand new virtual reality headset which was recently revealed, here are the details.
PlayStation has unveiled a brand new VR system, sharing details about the specs, controller design, and more.
The last two years have been massive for PlayStation, not only releasing a variety of extremely successful games such as Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, and Deathloop but also because it released its next generation of consoles with the PS5.
Now consumers have had over a year to sit with the PS5, if you were lucky enough to get one, it’s time for an update for PlayStation’s VR system.
PlayStation VR2 release date
The PlayStation VR2 is Sony’s second virtual reality system that was recently revealed at CES 2022. Following the reveal, they also posted a blog with all the details, including the specs and controller design.
There is no official information regarding a release date, but we do have some potential leaks that suggest a rough estimate.
According to Ming-Chi Kuo, a famous Taiwanese Apple analyst from TF International Securities, we could be seeing the PSVR2 as early as Q2 of 2022. Of course, this is just a leak and a prediction from someone in the industry with reliable contacts, so take it with a grain of salt.
The PlayStation VR2 is set to bring the “next generation of VR gaming on the PS5.” This of course suggests that it will only be compatible with the PS5, so for those still on the PS4 looking to upgrade their VR system, you may want to invest in the next-generation console.
PS VR2 Sense Controller
The new system also comes with new PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers. These look to be a massive upgrade from the PlayStation Move controllers, with an updated design similar to that of the Oculus VR systems.
These controllers will feature the haptic feedback vibration and adaptive trigger technology used in the PS5 Dual Sense controllers. There is also finger touch detection, which allows the controller to “detect your fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers. This enables you to make more natural gestures with your hands during gameplay.”
PlayStation VR2 specs
One of the biggest appeals that the new PlayStation VR2 will offer players is higher specs and a “single cord set-up.”
The following table shows off the specs for the PlayStation VR2 system, taken from the official reveal blog.
|Panel resolution||2000 x 2040 per eye|
|Panel refresh rate||90Hz, 120Hz|
|Field of View||Approx. 110 degrees|
|Sensors||Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)|
Attachment Sensor: IR Proximity sensor
|Cameras||4 cameras for headset and controller trackingIR camera for eye tracking per eye|
|Feedback||Vibration on headset|
|Communication with PS5||USB Type-C®|
|Audio||Input: Built-in microphoneOutput: Stereo headphone jack|
Well, there you have it, that’s all the current information we have on the PlayStation VR2.
For more, make sure you stay tuned to CharlieINTEL as we will be updating this article as new information is announced.
Image Credits: PlayStation
When is Discord coming to PlayStation? Release date & available consoles
PlayStation players may be wondering when Discord will arrive, here’s information on the release date and consoles it will be available on.
PlayStation users are eager to find out when exactly the Discord app will be arriving in the Store, which will allow players to connect and chat across various platforms.
Cross-platform availability has become such a huge deal in the gaming industry within the last few years. So many massive multiplayer games such as Call of Duty, Apex Legends, and even Destiny 2 are all cross-platform, allowing those on PC, Xbox, Playstation, and even Stadia to connect.
Having said that, one of the difficulties of cross-platform is often communication. The preferred form of party chat on PC is Discord, which is also viable on Xbox. Luckily for PlayStation users, a Discord app is on the way.
PlayStation Discord app release date & available consoles
After a new partnership between Discord and PlayStation was revealed back in May 2021, new information has slowly been coming out about its release date and potential arrival for early 2022.
The latest information from reliable gaming news account Okami13 on Twitter suggests that the collaboration could be happening “soon,” as it was found that “a Discord user was able to unlock the option to link his PlayStation account to Discord.”
Although there is currently no official release date for the app on PlayStation, we expect it to arrive in Q1 of 2022.
For those wondering which PlayStation consoles it will be available on, there has been no official information but we also expect it to be for both PS4 and PS5.
PlayStation Discord app features
As well as allowing players to connect and chat while playing the same games, the PlayStation Discord app will also allow users to see what games they’re playing.
This is great for those on platforms other than PlayStation, as they will be able to use Discord similarly to how the friends tab on PlayStation and Xbox works. Discord will allow users to share their status, so friends will know if you are available to play.
Further, as Discord acts as a place for various communities and those with the same interests to connect, PlayStation players looking for more friends to play certain games with will be able to use the app to find others to play with.
PlayStation users will no longer be limited to game chat and trying to find friends through the PlayStation Network, opening up the gaming community in general.
As more information about PlayStation’s collaboration with Discord is released, we’ll be updating this article with all the news. For more, check out ten of the most anticipated FPS games coming in 2022.
Image Credits: PlayStation / Discord
Vanguard players call for the return of forgotten CoD game mode
Vanguard players want to see this overlooked game mode that last appeared in CoD: WWII make a return to the franchise.
Vanguard has done a lot to innovate the Call of Duty Multiplayer experience with the introduction of Combat Pacing and Champion Hill but players want to see a forgotten game mode make a triumphant return to the franchise.
Vanguard players have deemed the Multiplayer experience to be entertaining and engaging at times if not for the numerous bugs and glitches that continue to plague the game. In addition to bug fixes, it turns out players would also love to see a particular game mode return to CoD.
The game mode in question has only ever appeared in one other Call of Duty title, yet fans of World War II will have fond memories of this game mode. If it isn’t obvious already, the game mode players want to see in Vanguard is none other than War.
War is a highly-strategic game mode on a large map with multiple objectives to accomplish. Whether Vanguard players are sick of Shipmas or they just want something new to sink their teeth in is up for debate. However, they’ve made it known that they would welcome the War mode with open arms.
A Reddit post by Chelseablue8 titled “War mode Needed” has been one of the hottest Vanguard-related posts of the new year. They voice their opinion regarding how War stacks up to Vanguard’s current Multiplayer offering, “The War mode is above every game mode vanguard has to offer tbh.”
Not only do a plethora of community members agree in the comments below, but the post also has players wondering why the mode has been ignored by developers since its appearance in WWII.
War’s specially designed maps were a huge selling point for players. This maximized the intuitive feel of War but it also presents a stumbling block for developers seeing as it takes a ton of time and effort to develop exclusive brand new maps for the game mode.
Whether we get a Vanguard version of War or Ground War in the future remains to be seen but it is clear that players would certainly love the additional content.
For more Vanguard news check out the best PC settings for CoD: Vanguard Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games
Best Type 11 loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 1
Here are all of the attachments and Perks you need to build the best Type 11 loadout in Warzone Pacific...
How to complete FIFA 22 Player Moments Ilkay Gundogan SBC
Ilkay Gundogan is looking like a great option in the midfield, and FUT players are going to want to complete...
FIFA FUT 22 Team of the Year Warmup Series: Start date, TOTY leaks, more
Before FIFA 22's Ultimate Team TOTY event, EA Sports are dropping a special Warmup Series promo to build hype.