This year, we’re covering all of the E3 conferences on CharlieINTEL.com in this single article. As you may have seen from our Game Plan post, we have extensive coverage laid out for this upcoming week. (All major Black Ops 3 news will be posted separately as usual)
We’re using this post as a place for all the E3 press conference streams; this post will be updated with each stream when the time approaches. We’ll also include a recap and links to any major gaming announcements and trailers.
RECAP / TRAILERS:
- TRAILER: Dishonored II officially announced; coming soon to PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- TRAILER: BATTLECRY Official E3 Gameplay Trailer
- TRAILER: DOOM – E3 2015 Gameplay Trailer
- TRAILER: The Elder Scrolls: Legends – E3 2015 Teaser Trailer
- TRAILER: The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited – Bethesda E3 Showcase Trailer
- TRAILER: Fallout 4: E3 Gameplay – EXTRA FOOTAGE – Crafting,Shelter & More – Bethesda Showcase 2015
- DOOM will feature a multiplayer mode; new “DOOM SnapMap” mode on all platforms for players to create and never run out of fun. Available Spring 2016 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC
- Dishonored Definitive Edition available this August on Xbox One and PS4
- Fallout Shelter announced, new mobile game available today on the App Store(link)
- Fallout 4’s Collector Edition announced “Pipboy” Edition which features real watch from the game
- BIGGEST NEWS: Fallout 4 is available November 10th, 2015 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Xbox One to be backwards compatible with Xbox 360
- Xbox One “Elite Controller ” just revealed
- Tom Clancy’s The Division BETA coming first to Xbox One in December
- Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 comes FREE with Rainbow Six Siege
- Fable Legends will have cross-buy on Xbox One and PC
- Minecraft for HaloLens revealed
- Gear of War Ultimate Edition, GoW1 Remaster arrives August 25th, beta today
- Gears of War 4 announced
- TRAILER: Xbox One – E3 Jump ahead
- TRAILER: Halo 5 Guardians New Multiplayer mode ‘Warzone’
- TRAILER: Forza 6 E3 Gameplay
- TRAILER: Gigantic E3 2015 Gameplay
- TRAILER: Tacoma Announce Trailer for Xbox One
- TRAILER: Ashen announce trailer for E3 Xbox One
- TRAILER: Beyond Eyes coming to Xbox One
- TRAILER: Rare Replay E3 Announce Trailer
- TRAILER: Fable Legends – E3 2015
- TRAILER: Rise of the Tomb Raider – E3 Gameplay Reveal
- DEMO: Halo 5 E3 Campaign Demo
- DEMO: Gears of War 4 E3 Gameplay Preview
- Need for Speed arrives November 3rd
- New IP announced, “Unravel”, a puzzle platformer
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Fallen Empire is a free expansion, arrives Oct. 27th
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 gameplay shown, free updates
- Several EA Sports title shown
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes announced for mobile
- TRAILER: Star Wars Battlefront: Multiplayer Gameplay “Walker Assault” on Hoth
- TRAILER: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Reveal – Available Feb. 23rd on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- TRAILER: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
- TRAILER: FIFA 16 Gameplay Reveal
- The Division beta is coming to Xbox One in December, early 2016 on PS4/PC
- BIG NEWS: The Division will be available March 8th, 2016 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC
- TRAILER: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege White Masks Angela Bassett Reveal
- TRAILER: The Division DarkZone Multiplayer Reveal
- Rainbow Six Siege BETA starts September 24th on all platforms
- WORLD PREMIERE TRAILER: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands announced
- Black Ops 3 was shown at this conference with confirmation of all new DLC coming first to PlayStation.
Does Warzone have an anti-cheat?
Let’s clear some community misconceptions regarding the anti-cheat in Call of Duty: Warzone.
Let’s discuss some of the main community misconceptions regarding anti-cheat measures in Call of Duty Warzone.
Warzone has been the hot topic of debate among the gaming community due to the excessive issues with players cheating in the game. Since the release of Warzone, players using aimbot and wallhacks have been a regular occurrence for players, and its led to increased frustration amongst the community.
This also becomes a worse issue for high-performing players, since Warzone utilizes skill-based matchmaking, which means players who cheat are likely to play against the highest-skilled players. Due to the volume of cheaters, it has led many players to believe the game has no anti-cheat at all.
So does Warzone have an anti-cheat?
In short – yes it does. Warzone has an anti-cheat. It is not conventional like other games, as it seems to be built into the game, rather than a dedicated third party tool, or separate install. Players seem to be asking more for a traditional anti-cheat, which many popular games opt to use, such as Fortnite and Battlefield.
Infinity Ward has touted this past September that they have banned over 200,000 accounts for cheating, but due to the game being free-to-play, it seems that players are simply making new accounts and cheating again.
Since this tweet, we have not received much more information about the on-going anti-cheat efforts for the franchise. In an Activision blog in April of 2020, it was promised we’d get more updates on the amount of players banned as needed. Since then, it seems we only got one update in September.
The lack of communication regarding the anti-cheat seems to be the main issue among players, and the confusion regarding the number of bans and effort put into banning players will most likely continue to be an issue until there is further comment from Activision.
Blizzard releases huge Battle.net update for January 2021
Blizzard has recently released the first major update to the Call of Duty launcher, Battle.net client for 2021.
Blizzard has released the new Battle.net client, which brings a slick new interface to Call of Duty, Overwatch, and all of their other games.
Today, January 15, Blizzard announced a huge front-end update to Battle.net. It offers players a cleaner and easier to navigate user interface on the client, with much-needed visual overhauls.
The client update should be releasing periodically across North America, with more regions in the coming weeks.
New Client Features
According to Blizzard, the new improvements are the following:
- Improved navigation and layout – you can now favorite your games and arrange them for ease of access.
- A much more expansive layout for news and game content in a full-page view.
- A revamped social pane so you can better see your friends and what they’re up to on each game tab.
- Major accessibility improvements—we’ve added the ability to navigate most of the app with your keyboard, increased our screen reader support, and improved the color contrast.
- A new, consolidated notifications hub for messages and download status.
How to get the update now
If you’re outside of North America and want to get the update now, you can join the beta program for the Battle.net client. To join, navigate to your Battle.net settings (click on the logo on the top left) and then click on the beta tab.
From here you can join the beta client. You’ll have to do a small download first. When the full release comes to your region, you can opt-out of the beta client.
Image Credit: Blizzard
Apex Legends dev explains why Airdrop Escalation won’t be permanent
Respawn Entertainment addressed player concerns that the Airdrop Escalation LTM would be permanent in Apex Legends.
The new Airdrop Escalation LTM has brought some changes to the supply drops in Apex Legends. Some players are concerned about how this would affect care packages, so the devs responded.
The new Fight Night Collection Event finally went live on January 5 and brought many changes to Apex Legends Season 7. This includes an heirloom for Gibraltar and a brand new LTM called Airdrop Escalation.
The LTM has replaced the normal game mode and will provide you with an increased number of supply drops containing different tiers of fully-knitted weapons. This can lead to players receiving extremely powerful gear in the midst of battle.
Some fans were worried that this system may stay in the game for good and cause it to become unbalanced. The developers took notice of this and addressed fan concerns.
The Airdrop Escalation LTM isn’t permanent in Apex Legends
The quality of the gear that you can obtain from the LTM’s supply drops increases later in the match. While you might get something useful early one, the drops will contain Evo Shields and high tier guns that give the wielder a huge advantage during late-game.
This serves as a major change to the loot game of Apex Legends. The LTM will reward players who find supply drops later in the match by making them more powerful than others. While this works as a temporary feature, some players don’t want it to stick around for good.
Reddit user shiba219808 shared a YouTube comment complaining about how Airdrop Escalation “breaks late-game fights,” with the hopes that the developers will take notice. This caught the attention of Lead Game Designer Daniel Klein, who then chimed in.
“We really don’t wanna mess with the loot game of the base BR to this degree permanently,” said Klein. “There are issues that we’re seeing now already around high saturation of red guns deciding late-game fights.”
The devs made it clear that this is not a permanent feature. “The loot game is the beating heart of a BR,” says Daniel. “You better have a really good reason to make a change of this magnitude, and I don’t see one.”
A few players mentioned that the game mode is still enjoyable, but could use some fine-tuning to improve upon its current issues.
“I actually enjoy the game mode,” said one user, “-but maybe to quell some of the issues you should make it that it only goes up to purple, and then reverts to regular care packages after that round? I feel like early and mid-game it is fine as is, but late game they shouldn’t be dropping.”
Luckily, Respawn Entertainment currently has no plans to shake up the loot game of Apex Legends anytime soon. With Fight Night well underway, we’re getting plenty of close looks at what to expect in the future, such as a new Legend.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Black Ops Cold War Zombies Firebase Z: release date, setting, new perk, more
Black Ops Cold War Zombies' second map, Firebase Z, will launch during Season 1. Here's everything we know about the...
Bizarre Warzone glitch plays constant music around Verdansk
An unusual Warzone bug allowed one player to keep the stream of beats flowing through their ears thanks to an...
Call of Duty League 2021 Season schedule revealed
The full Call of Duty League 2021 Season Schedule has been confirmed.