UPDATE: On Reddit, Treyarch has provided an overview of the latest Game Settings Update, given an update on what they’re looking into, and provided context to the Black Market Tier Progression and Network Updates.
Here’s a look at the patch notes for today’s Game Settings Update, which went live earlier today on PS4, Xbox One, and PC:
- Black Market
- Fixes and improvements to Tier progression earn rate across all modes of Multiplayer and Blackout.
- General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Black Market
- Playlist Updates
- Weekly rotation of Featured category of playlists:
- Added “Mercenary Capture Moshpit” playlist added to Featured Playlist (5v5 Domination, Hardpoint, and Control with no Parties).
- Added “Hardcore Control” playlist added to the Featured Category.
- Added “Search and Destroy” playlist to Featured Category.
- Resolved an issue causing a UI Error in the After Action Report for Master Prestige players.
- Resolved an issue with the “Nuked Out” Calling Card not properly unlocking in the Hardcore Free For All playlist.
- Resolved an issue where players were able to get permanent 200 Health if two players using Crash used the Tak-5.
- Search and Destroy
- Resolved an issue where users could spectate the enemy team by changing classes during their Kill Cam.
- After Action Report
- Resolved an issue that sometimes led to a black screen during the After Action Report.
- After Action Report
- Resolved an issue where War Paints were not showing up in the reward stream until they were unlocked.
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Memory Leak Fix
- Fixed memory leak issues that eventually caused the game to close with an error.
Treyarch has also provided information on some of the recent feedback items they are looking into:
- Blackout Audio Adjustments
- We are making several updates to audio in Blackout based upon our testing and feedback from the community to deliver the soundscape our players expect in Blackout. Look for this update to drop in the next week.
- Blackout Quads Performance
- We’re continuing to investigate occasional hitches in performance in Blackout Quads playlists, particularly on Xbox One. As we’ve mentioned before, though this hasn’t proven easily replicable during testing, we’re committed to tracking down the cause and squashing it.
- Zombies Hosts Ending Matches
- We’re aware that matches in Zombies have been ending when the host leaves the game, and we’re planning a future update to address this. Thanks for your patience as we work on the solution.
In addition, Treyarch has shared some details on the Black Market Progression, Network Updates, and Featured Playlist:
- We’ve implemented a first pass at addressing some issues and rebalancing the system across all modes, and as with everything, this will be an ongoing process to dial it into exactly where it needs to be. As of today, players will now earn Tier progression both faster and more consistently across all modes of play in Blackout and Multiplayer. In addition to the base earn rate, we will also be bringing online earn rate accelerators and challenge-based and event-based Tier Skip rewards in future updates.
- Next, some important news regarding network performance: as of today, we have completed the first phase of planned changes to network configuration in targeted locations. We are carefully monitoring overall performance to ensure that these updates are working as expected before completing the next phase of updates. It’s important that we roll out updates in a carefully staged process, as changes to networking infrastructure can potentially produce both positive and negative effects, and we need to monitor every update closely. The stability and performance of the game for the entire community is always our top priority, and we’re continuing to work to sustain the smooth performance of the game’s launch throughout its opening weeks.
- And for our MP lone wolves, today’s update brings the “Mercenary Capture Moshpit” to the Featured playlist, which includes 5v5 Domination, Hardpoint, and Control with no Parties allowed. As with all Featured playlists, this will be on a rotation with new playlists in the future.
With the latest Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Game Settings Update, Treyarch has added in a new mode for those who play solo: Mercenary Capture Moshpit!
This playlist features the popular objective based modes (Hardpoint, Domination, Control), but with no parties allowed – allowing for those who play solo to have a better experience and not be teamed up against by full parties on enemy teams.
The new playlist is the current Featured Playlist in Black Ops 4. It’s not clear for how long this playlist will be available.
Details on what else is included in this Game Settings Update has not been revealed as of now, so stay tuned for updates.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Black Ops Cold War: PawnTakesPawn site gets new teaser video
The PawnTakesPawn website has been updated with a new tape titled “Open. Drop. Save. Restore.” The new tape, which is...
CharlieIntel Podcast Episode 2 – Black Ops Cold War Alpha Impressions
We’re kicking off the CharlieIntel podcast to dive deep into the latest news and updates in the Call of Duty...
Black Ops Cold War Zombies: new PawnTakesPawn site emerges
The Pawn Takes Pawn site just can’t die. Activision has sent out another round of large crates to select content...