An incredible year of eSports for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare comes to an end this weekend with the MLG Finals, which takes place October 16 – 18 in New Orleans, Louisiana. MLG Finals is MLG’s 100th event and will feature many other titles, including Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. The event features a prize pool of $250,000 and is an open tournament. Over 112 teams will compete; 16 of those will play in pool play, based upon their pro point ranking.
Pool Play Teams:
- Group A:
- OpTic Gaming
- Team Kaliber
- Team Infused
- Group B:
- FaZe Clan
- OpTic Nation
- iSolation Empire
- Group C:
- Denial eSports
- The Rise Nation
- Group D:
- Team EnVyUs
- Citadel Gaming
Schedules [all times CDT time zone]:
POOL PLAY SCHEDULE:
Friday, October 16:
- 1:30 PM Pregame Show
- 2:00 PM Pool A – OpTic Gaming vs. Infused EU (Main Stage)
- 2:00 PM Pool C – Denial eSports vs. Rise Nation (Station 1)
- 2:00 PM Pool A – Team Kaliber vs. XGN (Station 2)
- 2:00 PM Pool C – Epsilon vs. Millenium (Station 3)
- 3:00 PM Pool B – FaZe Clan vs. Team Vitality (Main Stage)
- 3:00 PM Pool D – Citadel vs. Team EnVyUs (Station 1)
- 3:00 PM Pool B – OpTic Nation vs. Isolation (Station 2)
- 3:00 PM Pool D – Team eLevate vs. Orbit (Station 3)
- 4:00 PM Pool C – Denial eSports vs. Epsilon (Main Stage)
- 4:00 PM Pool A – OpTic Gaming vs. XGN (Station 1)
- 4:00 PM Pool A – Team Kaliber vs. Infused EU (Station 2)
- 4:00 PM Pool C – Rise Nation vs. Millenium (Station 3)
- 6:00 PM Pool B – FaZe Clan vs. Isolation (Main Stage)
- 6:00 PM Pool B – OpTic Nation vs. Team Vitality (Station 1)
- 6:00 PM Pool D – Team eLevate vs. Citadel (Station 2)
- 6:00 PM Pool D – Team EnVyUs vs. Orbit (Station 3)
- 7:00 PM Pool A – OpTic Gaming vs. Team Kaliber (Main Stage)
- 7:00 PM Pool C – Epsilon vs. Rise Nation (Station 1)
- 7:00 PM Pool C – Denial eSports vs. Millenium (Station 2)
- 7:00 PM Pool A – Infused EU vs. XGN (Station 3)
- 8:00 PM Pool D – Team eLevate vs. Team EnVyUs (Main Stage)
- 8:00 PM Pool B – FaZe Clan vs. OpTic Nation (Station 1)
- 8:00 PM Pool B – Isolation vs. Team Vitality (Station 2)
- 8:00 PM Pool D – Citadel vs. Orbit (Station 3)
Saturday, October 17:
- 9:45 AM Pregame Show
- 10:00 AM Pool C – Denial eSports vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 10:00 AM Pool B – Team Vitality vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 10:00 AM Pool A – Team Kaliber vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 10:00 AM Pool D – Orbit vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 11:30 AM Pool B – FaZe Clan vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 11:30 AM Pool A – Infused EU vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 11:30 AM Pool D – Team EnVyUs vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 11:30 AM Pool C – Epsilon vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 1:30 PM Pool A – OpTic Gaming vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 1:30 PM Pool B – Isolation vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 1:30 PM Pool D – Team eLevate vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 1:30 PM Pool C – Rise Nation vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 3:00 PM Pool A – XGN vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 3:00 PM Pool B – OpTic Nation vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 3:00 PM Pool C – Millenium vs. TBD (Station TBD)
- 3:00 PM Pool D – Citadel vs. TBD (Station TBD)
OPEN BRACKET SCHEDULE:
Friday, October 16:
- 1:30 PM Pregame Show
- 2:00 PM Open Winners Round 1 – Heat 1
- 3:00 PM Open Winners Round 1 – Heat 2
- 4:00 PM Open Winners Round 1 – Heat 3
- 5:00 PM Open Winners Round 1 – Heat 4
- 6:00 PM Open Winners Round 2 – Heat 1
- 7:30 PM Open Winners Round 2 – Heat 2
- 8:30 PM Open Losers Round 1 – Heat 1
- 9:30 PM Open Losers Round 1 – Heat 2
- 10:30 PM Open Winners Round 3
- 11:30 PM Open Winners Round 4
Saturday, October 17:
- 9:45 AM Pregame Show
- 10:00 AM Open Losers Round 2 – Heat 1
- 11:00 AM Open Losers Round 2 – Heat 2
- 12:00 PM Open Losers Round 3
- 1:30 PM Open Losers Round 4
- 2:30 PM Open Losers Round 5
- 3:30 PM Open Losers Round 6
- 4:30 PM Championship Winners Round 1 – Heat 1
- 5:30 PM Championship Losers Round 1
- 6:30 PM Championship Winners Round 1 – Heat 2
- 7:30 PM Championship Losers Round 2
- 8:00 PM Championship Winners Semifinal A
- 9:00 PM Championship Losers Round 3
- 9:30 PM Championship Winners Semifinal B
- 10:30 PM Championship Losers Round 4
CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY SCHEDULE:
Sunday, October 18:
- 9:45 AM Pregame Show
- 10:00 AM Championship Losers Round 5
- 11:30 AM Championship Losers Round 6
- 1:30 PM Championship Winners Final
- 1:30 PM Championship Losers Round 7
- 3:00 PM Championship Losers Final
- 4:30 PM Championship Grand Final
The entire event will be live streamed on MLG.tv/CallofDuty, which is viewable on the web and on MLG’s app on iOS, Android, Roku, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Be sure to follow us on Twitter for coverage of the event!
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy