Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The update is between 22-32 GB for those who own both Modern Warfare and Warzone. For those who own both and want to play MP after this update, you will be required to download an additional 3.5GB data pack. Once the new update is done, it will take up just minimal additional space.
If you just own Warzone (free to play), the update will be between 22-30GB. Once the update is done, the overall game footprint since will be reduced.
The new update includes the new 200 player BR Quads, new Operator, new Sniper, new MP map, new modes, and more for the game. More details on Season 4 Reloaded is here.
200 Player Warzone!
Verdansk will now be able to hold up to 200 players. Jump into Battle Royale Quads with 200 players!
Supply Run Contracts!
Upon activation, you and your squad (if applicable) will be directed to a nearby Buy Station. Reach it within the time limit to get a discount on Buy Station purchases.
Think of this as a high-powered scope without the glint; this re-usable scope allows you to scan the environment around you and mark enemies without being detected. Perfect for scouting ahead, the Spotter Scope is a great tool for Operators who want to plan their next move while keeping a low profile.
DATA PACK DOWNLOAD:
Please note that the Season Four Reloaded update will have a download size of approximately 22-36 GB for owners of the full version of Modern Warfare. Console owners must install a secondary download of approximately 3.5GB, then reboot the game to access Multiplayer, if desired. A reminder, console players can choose also to uninstall/remove other data packs (e.g. Special Operations), if no longer needed for a smaller overall file size. For detailed information on uninstalling/removing other data packs, read this article.
Once the Season Four Reloaded update is fully completed, it should minimally increase the overall digital footprint of the full version of Modern Warfare.
Existing free-to-play Warzone players will have a download size of approximately 22GB-30GB, once finished there will be a reduction to the overall footprint on their machines.
- Ground War
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Team Defender
- Cheshire Park 24/7
- Shoot the Ship 24/7
- Gunfight Tournaments
- Realism Mosh Pit is now in the Quick Play Filter
- Modified Special Operations: Strongbox Regular, Strongbox Veteran
- New Gulag weapons! Semi auto rifles, snipers, along with one “just fists and a throwing knife” loadout!
- BR Quads 200
- BR Trios
- BR Duos
- BR Solos
- Plunder: Blood Money
- Fix for an issue where players could modify weapons with attachments from other weapons while using a mouse
- Fixed the wording in the Daily Challenge “Deploy the Manual Turret Killstreak 5 Times” to say “Shield Turret”
- Multiplayer and Warzone win/losses now track as intended per mode
- Improved stability for PC players
- Fix for Kreuger’s eyes coming out of his character model while performing the Brassed Off execution
- Fix for some Completionist camos not applying to the Witching Hour (AX-50 variant)
- Fixed an exploit on Krovnik Farmland while playing Reinfected Ground War
- Fixed a bug where the MIL-SIM CTSFO viewmodel gloves didn’t match the in-game world model
- Fix for a section of Hardhat that had invisible collision
- Fix for a bug where Demolition matches would not end as intended in overtime
- Added the Kali Sticks to modes like All or Nothing, Gun Game, Infected, and Gunfight
- Longshots now display the distance in the point feed
- Fixed a bug where the Juggernaut HUD elements would remain on the screen if the player was crushed by a crate
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in place when throwing a grenade and trying to use a Shield Turret at the same time
- If a player throws a Molotov at a severely damaged Deployable Cover, the Deployable Cover will break and the Molotov fire will disappear, but damage for the fire remains present for a duration of ~20 seconds. This has been fixed
- Recon Drones can now be destroyed with Throwing Knives
- Hipfire reticles are now visible in Spectate and in the Killcam. This will make it easier to tell if a player is using Stopping Power rounds or Slug rounds
- Fix for an exploit in Boneyard where players could climb into the destroyed portion of a plane
- Gas Mask now cracks when you’re taking damage near or in the circle
- ‘Team Wiped’ message now appears in the Killfeed for your whole squad to see
- Fix for an issue where players could spawn under the map after winning their Gulag match
- Fixed a bug where players using Charly’s Tactical Human skin or Mara’s Valkryie skin would notice their character models missing from the exfil epilogue in the helicopter
- The audio for the Supply Choppers is too loud, preventing players from hearing most other sounds and communicating with their squad. This has been adjusted
- During the Supply Chopper event the supply choppers may spawn from under the map, killing players positioned on top of these locations as they raised through the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for the final circle being too close over areas that players cannot access such as the middle of Stadium
- The After Action Report now shows Cash Earned and Placement
- Fix for a rare bug where a player spawned out of bounds after dying out of bounds
- Fix for a minor issue where the radio operator dialog and subtitles for called in Killstreaks could incorrectly play the wrong faction
- Now allow up to three Precision Airstrikes to be called in at once but within a distance restriction
- The M4 will perform an AR magazine reload when attempting to reload the underbarrel launcher while you have the 50 Round Mag attachment equipped. This has been fixed
- Stopping Power is now applied to headshots. Only certain weapons can go from a 2-shot to a 1-shot head shot, like the FAL and Oden. This fixes a few cases where headshots could sometimes do less damage than body shots when using Stopping Power
- Start Ammo and Max Ammo Adjustments:
- Increased Max Ammo: M4 .458 SOCOM Rounds
- Increased Max Ammo and Start Ammo:
- CR-56 AMAX M67 Rounds
- SKS 10 Round Mags
- Striker 45 Hollowpoint Rounds
- SCAR Default Mags
- Oden Default Mags
- Increased Start Ammo:
- SCAR 25 Round Mags
- Oden 25 Round Mags
- AX-50: Increased damage range
- HDR: Guaranteed one-hit to lower torso at any range
- Increased ADS speed
- Small decrease to hip spread
- Increased damage range
- MK2 Carbine:
- Faster movement speed
- Increased damage range
- Increased ADS speed
- 2 hit kill min
- Gun recoil returns to the center more
- Faster rate of fire
- FAL: Added a close range damage shelf with one-hit headshot potential
- AK-47: Increased ADS speed
- CR-56 AMAX: Decreased damage range
- Decreased damage range
- Decreased 10MM damage range
- Reduced long range damage to 10MM ammo
- Slight recoil increase to 10MM ammo
- Grau 5.56
- Damage range reduction
- Slight increase to high frequency recoil
- Reduced recoil compensation and decreased range on Tempus 26.4” Archangel and FSS 20.8” Nexus barrels
- Shotgun Slugs:
- Increased projectile velocity
- Reduced ads spread
- Added dynamic hip spread
- Increased damage ranges
- Increased lower torso damage
- No stock attachment:
- Increased weapon recoil
- Decreased ADS aiming steadiness
- Improved the effectiveness of the Decoy Grenade against most types of enemy soldiers
- Operation Harbinger – Fixed issue where some of the white trucks would appear without any enemies inside of them
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL:
- At the Weapons Store the weapons with purchased Gunsmith attachments are now displayed clearly
- The Buy Phase timer now pulses red when about to run out to help remind players of the upcoming wave
- Fixed issue where the text chat was overlapping some Buy Phase store elements
- Fixed issue where players could purchase weapons from the store as they are being downed
- Fixed issue where if players voted to ‘Retry’ after failing beyond wave 55 they would start each Buy Phase with reduced time
- Fixed a rare issue where players could use Munitions / Killstreaks in while downed
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare players call for anti-cheat changes to counter DDoS attacks
Modern Warfare players are urging the developers to improve anti-cheat measures in order to counter DDoS attacks.
Modern Warfare 2019 players are frustrated with hackers ruining matches with DDoS attacks and are urging the developers to improve the game’s anti-cheat measures.
Despite being two years old and CoD: Vanguard releasing during that time, Modern Warfare continues to remain extremely popular with a strong player base. However, the game has its fair share of issues.
One major problem that plagues Call of Duty titles is cheaters. Modern Warfare players are frustrated with hackers ruining matches and are calling for the developers to improve their anti-cheat measures.
Reddit user ‘AngryWack’ claimed that they’re quitting Modern Warfare 2019 because of the game’s cheater problem. They encountered multiple hackers who proceeded to ruin different matches.
Two hackers aim-botted the player and another one hit the server with a DDoS attack just for fun. This led to the Redditor becoming fed up with the state of the game and another commenter shared this sentiment:
“Wait for MW2 and uninstall MW 2019 if you don’t want to play it anymore. Trust me, I did the same and I am VERY happy that I did because this game took my sanity, patience, and good times.”
DDoS attacks can make a game impossible to enjoy, so it’s completely understandable why Modern Warfare 2019 players are calling for the developers to counter this with improved anti-cheat measures.
Players are so frustrated with the hacker problem in Modern Warfare that some of the commenters suggested trying out other Call of Duty titles like Black Ops Cold War as an alternative.
You can also check out everything we know about Warzone’s next-gen version for consoles and the return of Warzone’s frustrating Loadout glitch.
Image credits: Activision
How to fix Warzone “friends list not showing” glitch
We have a couple of easy and effective methods to fix Warzone’s glitch that makes it so that your friends list doesn’t show anyone online.
Warzone and Modern Warfare’s long-standing “friends list not showing” glitch that prevents players from showing up on your friends list is still a constant menace after the Pacific update. Here are some solutions to hopefully fix this glitch for you in both Call of Duty games.
It’s undoubtedly frustrating when the only thing you want to do is play a game online, and certain factors are preventing you from doing so. Aside from obvious internet connectivity worries, there is also Warzone’s infamous “Checking for update” bug and Xbox players not even being able to launch the game.
Another issue that continues to haunt players in Warzone Pacific is a glitched friends list that doesn’t allow you to see anyone else online even though they are, and leaves you unable to invite them. As always, we have some ways that might be able to aid you and resolve the problem.
How to make your friends list visible in Warzone and Modern Warfare
You’ll know if the problem is affecting you because when you select Warzone’s social tab and try to inspect your friends, you’ll be hit with “friends list not showing.”
Just to double-check that your friends are indeed online, just quickly open up your general friends list for the console or platform you’re playing on first to check. If they are showing as online, then use our methods to hopefully make them show online on Call of Duty too.
Here are the most efficient ways to get around the glitch.
#1 – Restart Warzone or Modern Warfare
The classic “have you tried turning it off and on again?” Not only is it a way to fix a computer, but it could also cure your temperamental version of Warzone Pacific.
Here’s how you can try this out:
- Simply close Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Restart your respective platform
- Boot up Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Check to see if it now appears
#2 – Link Warzone with Discord
Many players have reported great success by using the official Discord service to link up with their friends and enter games together.
To do link up with Discord:
- All players must have their Discord activity status set to ‘On’
- Make sure you have connected your ‘Battle.net‘ account to Discord
- Have everyone launch Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Then all players should join from the same Discord
Plus, Discord is expected to arrive on PlayStation this year, so it will be even easier to link up with friends cross-platform.
#3 – Create a Group
Another possible workaround is for one person to create a Group, customize it, and invite everyone to join.
This is how to create a Group in Warzone:
- Go to the ‘Social’ tab
- Head to the ‘Groups’ tab
- Press to ‘Create a Group’
- Create a ‘Group Name’ and ‘Group Tag’
- Wait to see if it’s approved
- With a successful Group, invite friends via the Group option
#4 – Turn off Crossplay
We’ve already covered extensively how you can turn off crossplay in Warzone and why you should consider doing it. On top of this, it’s also been doing the trick for some people with Warzone and Modern Warfare game invites.
To do this, simply:
- Make your way into Warzone’s or Modern Warfare’s ‘Options’ setting
- Select your Account
- Switch the ‘Crossplay’ function from enabled to disabled
- Restart the game
- See if it’s worked and whether it has or hasn’t, turn Crossplay back on, and see if the result changes with it
#5 – Simply wait
The easiest and most straightforward idea to try, leave it and hope it fixes itself. Believe it or not, waiting 30-60 seconds could actually fix it and could save you a lot of time than the above fixes.
It won’t work for everyone, but it’s another solution to try and help with this persisting, long-term problem in Warzone and 2019’s Modern Warfare.
Also, check out how to fix the freezing and crashing issues that have been plaguing Xbox players since the Pacific update.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Discord
CoD Points price: How to buy, spend & do they carry over
CoD Points are the official currency of Call of Duty. Check out CoD Point prices, where to buy them, and whether they transfer between games.
Activision’s in-game currency lets players purchase cosmetics for their characters, and we’ve got everything you need to know about CoD Points prices, how to buy them, and all the items you can spend them on.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game, requiring players to spend their own currency named CoD Points to acquire them.
CoD Points can be purchased in-game using the menu systems in games like Vanguard or Warzone or through console marketplaces like the PS Store or Xbox Marketplace.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Vanguard and Warzone offering special Attack on Titan and Christmas skins as well as unique weapon Blueprints for popular weapons, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend CoD Points.
- CoD Points Prices
- How to buy CoD Points
- Where to spend CoD Points
- Do CoD Points carry across games?
- What can I buy with CoD Points
CoD Points prices
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying CoD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas others need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various CoD Points bundles:
- 200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
- 500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
- 15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
How to buy COD Points
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
There are four ways you can buy COD Points:
- PC players can purchase CoD Points on the Battle.net website
- PS4 & PS5 players can purchase CoD Points in the PS Store on their console, or on the PlayStation website
- Xbox Series X, Series S, or One players can buy CoD Points on the Xbox Marketplace on their console, or the official Microsoft Store website
- Select physical retailers stock vouchers and gift cards with a code that players can redeem for CoD Points.
Where to spend CoD Points
Spending your CoD Points is incredibly easy, with players able to purchase cosmetic bundles and Blueprints in the in-game store.
The stores are available in Vanguard, Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare, so you can kit out your character regardless of your preferred title.
Do CoD Points carry over across games?
The good news is that your CoD Points will transfer across your Call of Duty games, as they are linked to your Activision account.
Players who still have CoD Points in their account from Black Ops Cold War don’t need to worry, as they will automatically be in your account when turning to Vanguard.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Vanguard and Warzone Pacific are currently in Season 1 at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 1, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough CoD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
Creepy Vanguard bug turns dead bodies into objective obsessed demons
Vanguard's latest bug is eerily turning dead bodies into animated corpses that are obsessed with playing the objective.
How to complete TOTY Honourable Mentions Lautaro Martinez SBC in FIFA 22
Lautaro Martinez is a fantastic ST in FIFA 22, and FUT players are going to want to complete his TOTY...
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards: January 28
The Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are out for the week of January 28. Use our quick and easy...