Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The update is between 22-32 GB for those who own both Modern Warfare and Warzone. For those who own both and want to play MP after this update, you will be required to download an additional 3.5GB data pack. Once the new update is done, it will take up just minimal additional space.
If you just own Warzone (free to play), the update will be between 22-30GB. Once the update is done, the overall game footprint since will be reduced.
The new update includes the new 200 player BR Quads, new Operator, new Sniper, new MP map, new modes, and more for the game. More details on Season 4 Reloaded is here.
200 Player Warzone!
Verdansk will now be able to hold up to 200 players. Jump into Battle Royale Quads with 200 players!
Supply Run Contracts!
Upon activation, you and your squad (if applicable) will be directed to a nearby Buy Station. Reach it within the time limit to get a discount on Buy Station purchases.
Think of this as a high-powered scope without the glint; this re-usable scope allows you to scan the environment around you and mark enemies without being detected. Perfect for scouting ahead, the Spotter Scope is a great tool for Operators who want to plan their next move while keeping a low profile.
DATA PACK DOWNLOAD:
Please note that the Season Four Reloaded update will have a download size of approximately 22-36 GB for owners of the full version of Modern Warfare. Console owners must install a secondary download of approximately 3.5GB, then reboot the game to access Multiplayer, if desired. A reminder, console players can choose also to uninstall/remove other data packs (e.g. Special Operations), if no longer needed for a smaller overall file size. For detailed information on uninstalling/removing other data packs, read this article.
Once the Season Four Reloaded update is fully completed, it should minimally increase the overall digital footprint of the full version of Modern Warfare.
Existing free-to-play Warzone players will have a download size of approximately 22GB-30GB, once finished there will be a reduction to the overall footprint on their machines.
- Ground War
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Team Defender
- Cheshire Park 24/7
- Shoot the Ship 24/7
- Gunfight Tournaments
- Realism Mosh Pit is now in the Quick Play Filter
- Modified Special Operations: Strongbox Regular, Strongbox Veteran
- New Gulag weapons! Semi auto rifles, snipers, along with one “just fists and a throwing knife” loadout!
- BR Quads 200
- BR Trios
- BR Duos
- BR Solos
- Plunder: Blood Money
- Fix for an issue where players could modify weapons with attachments from other weapons while using a mouse
- Fixed the wording in the Daily Challenge “Deploy the Manual Turret Killstreak 5 Times” to say “Shield Turret”
- Multiplayer and Warzone win/losses now track as intended per mode
- Improved stability for PC players
- Fix for Kreuger’s eyes coming out of his character model while performing the Brassed Off execution
- Fix for some Completionist camos not applying to the Witching Hour (AX-50 variant)
- Fixed an exploit on Krovnik Farmland while playing Reinfected Ground War
- Fixed a bug where the MIL-SIM CTSFO viewmodel gloves didn’t match the in-game world model
- Fix for a section of Hardhat that had invisible collision
- Fix for a bug where Demolition matches would not end as intended in overtime
- Added the Kali Sticks to modes like All or Nothing, Gun Game, Infected, and Gunfight
- Longshots now display the distance in the point feed
- Fixed a bug where the Juggernaut HUD elements would remain on the screen if the player was crushed by a crate
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in place when throwing a grenade and trying to use a Shield Turret at the same time
- If a player throws a Molotov at a severely damaged Deployable Cover, the Deployable Cover will break and the Molotov fire will disappear, but damage for the fire remains present for a duration of ~20 seconds. This has been fixed
- Recon Drones can now be destroyed with Throwing Knives
- Hipfire reticles are now visible in Spectate and in the Killcam. This will make it easier to tell if a player is using Stopping Power rounds or Slug rounds
- Fix for an exploit in Boneyard where players could climb into the destroyed portion of a plane
- Gas Mask now cracks when you’re taking damage near or in the circle
- ‘Team Wiped’ message now appears in the Killfeed for your whole squad to see
- Fix for an issue where players could spawn under the map after winning their Gulag match
- Fixed a bug where players using Charly’s Tactical Human skin or Mara’s Valkryie skin would notice their character models missing from the exfil epilogue in the helicopter
- The audio for the Supply Choppers is too loud, preventing players from hearing most other sounds and communicating with their squad. This has been adjusted
- During the Supply Chopper event the supply choppers may spawn from under the map, killing players positioned on top of these locations as they raised through the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for the final circle being too close over areas that players cannot access such as the middle of Stadium
- The After Action Report now shows Cash Earned and Placement
- Fix for a rare bug where a player spawned out of bounds after dying out of bounds
- Fix for a minor issue where the radio operator dialog and subtitles for called in Killstreaks could incorrectly play the wrong faction
- Now allow up to three Precision Airstrikes to be called in at once but within a distance restriction
- The M4 will perform an AR magazine reload when attempting to reload the underbarrel launcher while you have the 50 Round Mag attachment equipped. This has been fixed
- Stopping Power is now applied to headshots. Only certain weapons can go from a 2-shot to a 1-shot head shot, like the FAL and Oden. This fixes a few cases where headshots could sometimes do less damage than body shots when using Stopping Power
- Start Ammo and Max Ammo Adjustments:
- Increased Max Ammo: M4 .458 SOCOM Rounds
- Increased Max Ammo and Start Ammo:
- CR-56 AMAX M67 Rounds
- SKS 10 Round Mags
- Striker 45 Hollowpoint Rounds
- SCAR Default Mags
- Oden Default Mags
- Increased Start Ammo:
- SCAR 25 Round Mags
- Oden 25 Round Mags
- AX-50: Increased damage range
- HDR: Guaranteed one-hit to lower torso at any range
- Increased ADS speed
- Small decrease to hip spread
- Increased damage range
- MK2 Carbine:
- Faster movement speed
- Increased damage range
- Increased ADS speed
- 2 hit kill min
- Gun recoil returns to the center more
- Faster rate of fire
- FAL: Added a close range damage shelf with one-hit headshot potential
- AK-47: Increased ADS speed
- CR-56 AMAX: Decreased damage range
- Decreased damage range
- Decreased 10MM damage range
- Reduced long range damage to 10MM ammo
- Slight recoil increase to 10MM ammo
- Grau 5.56
- Damage range reduction
- Slight increase to high frequency recoil
- Reduced recoil compensation and decreased range on Tempus 26.4” Archangel and FSS 20.8” Nexus barrels
- Shotgun Slugs:
- Increased projectile velocity
- Reduced ads spread
- Added dynamic hip spread
- Increased damage ranges
- Increased lower torso damage
- No stock attachment:
- Increased weapon recoil
- Decreased ADS aiming steadiness
- Improved the effectiveness of the Decoy Grenade against most types of enemy soldiers
- Operation Harbinger – Fixed issue where some of the white trucks would appear without any enemies inside of them
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL:
- At the Weapons Store the weapons with purchased Gunsmith attachments are now displayed clearly
- The Buy Phase timer now pulses red when about to run out to help remind players of the upcoming wave
- Fixed issue where the text chat was overlapping some Buy Phase store elements
- Fixed issue where players could purchase weapons from the store as they are being downed
- Fixed issue where if players voted to ‘Retry’ after failing beyond wave 55 they would start each Buy Phase with reduced time
- Fixed a rare issue where players could use Munitions / Killstreaks in while downed
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
‘More content’ coming to Modern Warfare as Season 6 ends
While November 23 marks the end of the Season 6 Battle Pass in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, fans have been wondering about new content for the title.
There has been no official news on what’s next in terms of content for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare after Warzone’s integration with Black Ops Cold War.
The confirmation we have so far is that Modern Warfare will receive a new progression system to match the new system in Black Ops Cold War starting on December 10. Fans can learn more about the Progression system in a detailed blog post.
Now, an Infinity Ward developer has confirmed on Twitter that there is more content planned for Modern Warfare. He says that he’s not aware of the ‘official name’ of the new content, but more is coming.
It’s not clear at this time what the new content will be for Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare continues to be a very popular Call of Duty game, selling over 30 million copies in its first year. Activision has not outlined future plans for the game itself.
Season 6’s Battle Pass officially ended in Modern Warfare & Warzone on November 23. The pass reset timer says 0seconds left.
Warzone will officially be tied to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s system starting on December 10 with a new Classified Experience. Players playing Modern Warfare MP can continue to level up their overall player rank and access the Seasonal Prestige system. They can also contribute toward’s ranking up the Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Battle Pass, but content unlocked is only usable in Black Ops cold War & Warzone.
We’ll keep you updated as more information is announced.
How Modern Warfare progression will change after Season 6
Modern Warfare will integrate with Cold War in December. Here’s how that will work.
Season 6 of Modern Warfare ends on November 23, so what’s next for the title after integration with Black Ops Cold War?
Season 6 appears to be the final season of Modern Warfare. With the launch of Black Ops: Cold War, the focus has been shifted to the new title and Warzone.
It’s not the end of Modern Warfare, however. Season 6 ends on November 23. After that, fans will have to wait until December 10, when Modern Warfare and Warzone integrate with Black Ops Cold War.
This integration will bring a new progression system to the game. Read on to find out how the new progression system works and what’s next for Modern Warfare.
Modern Warfare progression
On December 10, progression will become unified between Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. This means that you’ll now have one rank for all three titles. No matter which game you’re playing, you will rank up on all of them.
This new progression system combines Modern Warfare’s seasonal progression with the classic Prestige system. Every season, once you hit the maximum season level, you will begin your Prestige levels. Season levels will reset every Season, but your progress will resume from the highest Prestige you achieved in the previous Season.
Your current level on Modern Warfare will be scrapped once integration begins. Your Black Ops Cold War rank will now become your rank on Modern Warfare. As you play either Cold War, Warzone, or Modern Warfare, your rank will increase.
Future of Modern Warfare
usually, once a new Call of Duty launches, the population of the previous game begins to dwindle. The majority of players move onto the new game, and only a hardcore few remain on the previous title.
Unified progression might change this. With Warzone being the connecting mode between Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War, weapons from both titles can be used in Warzone.
Warzone is free-to-play and allows players to use weapons from both games, even if they don’t own them. Leveling up weapons and unlocking camos is much easier in multiplayer, so players may return to Modern Warfare’s multiplayer to get attachments for use in Warzone.
Although Black Ops Cold War has released, it’s certainly not the end for Modern Warfare.
Black Ops Cold War UK opening week sales lower than Modern Warfare
The first full week data from the UK on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War sales are out, and the numbers are not as high as 2019’s sales.
The UK game charts, via GamesIndustry, reveals that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s digital downloads were up 39% over Modern Warfare’s 2019 opening.
However, the game’s physical sales were down almost 64% compared to Modern Warfare.
The first week UK charts saw Assassins Creed Valhalla debut at #1 in terms of physical game sales. Some report that this is due to Black Ops Cold War’s digital purchase incentives, and that the game’s physical edition was not available in certain retailers.
Combining the digital and physical sales from launch week, Black Ops Cold War debuts at #1 in the UK charts. But the game’s overall sales didn’t match Modern Warfare’s opening week in the UK.
Data shows the game’s first week sales are down 16% compared to Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare is one of the best selling Call of Duty games of all time. The game’s opening weekend in October 2019 saw $600 million in revenue. The title has gone on to sold well over 30 million copies to date.
And it’s become clear that Warzone’s success could’ve impacted sales for the new titles. Warzone’s integration with Black Ops Cold War is set for December 10. It could be that after the integration, Activision will see higher premium upgrades from players interested in the entire game’s experience.
Activision has not released opening week data for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The company only has said that the game’s day one digital sales were the ‘highest’ in franchise history.
Steam adds support for PS5 DualSense controller
Steam users can now use the new PS5 DualSense controller while playing their favorite games on the platform.
How to unlock and use Prestige Keys in Black Ops Cold War
Prestige Keys are rewards in the Black Ops Cold War progression system. Here is how to unlock and use them.
Black Ops Cold War Competitive Settings V1.01 announced
Call of Duty League has announced the first version of the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Competitive Settings...