Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The update is between 22-32 GB for those who own both Modern Warfare and Warzone. For those who own both and want to play MP after this update, you will be required to download an additional 3.5GB data pack. Once the new update is done, it will take up just minimal additional space.
If you just own Warzone (free to play), the update will be between 22-30GB. Once the update is done, the overall game footprint since will be reduced.
The new update includes the new 200 player BR Quads, new Operator, new Sniper, new MP map, new modes, and more for the game. More details on Season 4 Reloaded is here.
200 Player Warzone!
Verdansk will now be able to hold up to 200 players. Jump into Battle Royale Quads with 200 players!
Supply Run Contracts!
Upon activation, you and your squad (if applicable) will be directed to a nearby Buy Station. Reach it within the time limit to get a discount on Buy Station purchases.
Think of this as a high-powered scope without the glint; this re-usable scope allows you to scan the environment around you and mark enemies without being detected. Perfect for scouting ahead, the Spotter Scope is a great tool for Operators who want to plan their next move while keeping a low profile.
DATA PACK DOWNLOAD:
Please note that the Season Four Reloaded update will have a download size of approximately 22-36 GB for owners of the full version of Modern Warfare. Console owners must install a secondary download of approximately 3.5GB, then reboot the game to access Multiplayer, if desired. A reminder, console players can choose also to uninstall/remove other data packs (e.g. Special Operations), if no longer needed for a smaller overall file size. For detailed information on uninstalling/removing other data packs, read this article.
Once the Season Four Reloaded update is fully completed, it should minimally increase the overall digital footprint of the full version of Modern Warfare.
Existing free-to-play Warzone players will have a download size of approximately 22GB-30GB, once finished there will be a reduction to the overall footprint on their machines.
- Ground War
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Team Defender
- Cheshire Park 24/7
- Shoot the Ship 24/7
- Gunfight Tournaments
- Realism Mosh Pit is now in the Quick Play Filter
- Modified Special Operations: Strongbox Regular, Strongbox Veteran
- New Gulag weapons! Semi auto rifles, snipers, along with one “just fists and a throwing knife” loadout!
- BR Quads 200
- BR Trios
- BR Duos
- BR Solos
- Plunder: Blood Money
- Fix for an issue where players could modify weapons with attachments from other weapons while using a mouse
- Fixed the wording in the Daily Challenge “Deploy the Manual Turret Killstreak 5 Times” to say “Shield Turret”
- Multiplayer and Warzone win/losses now track as intended per mode
- Improved stability for PC players
- Fix for Kreuger’s eyes coming out of his character model while performing the Brassed Off execution
- Fix for some Completionist camos not applying to the Witching Hour (AX-50 variant)
- Fixed an exploit on Krovnik Farmland while playing Reinfected Ground War
- Fixed a bug where the MIL-SIM CTSFO viewmodel gloves didn’t match the in-game world model
- Fix for a section of Hardhat that had invisible collision
- Fix for a bug where Demolition matches would not end as intended in overtime
- Added the Kali Sticks to modes like All or Nothing, Gun Game, Infected, and Gunfight
- Longshots now display the distance in the point feed
- Fixed a bug where the Juggernaut HUD elements would remain on the screen if the player was crushed by a crate
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in place when throwing a grenade and trying to use a Shield Turret at the same time
- If a player throws a Molotov at a severely damaged Deployable Cover, the Deployable Cover will break and the Molotov fire will disappear, but damage for the fire remains present for a duration of ~20 seconds. This has been fixed
- Recon Drones can now be destroyed with Throwing Knives
- Hipfire reticles are now visible in Spectate and in the Killcam. This will make it easier to tell if a player is using Stopping Power rounds or Slug rounds
- Fix for an exploit in Boneyard where players could climb into the destroyed portion of a plane
- Gas Mask now cracks when you’re taking damage near or in the circle
- ‘Team Wiped’ message now appears in the Killfeed for your whole squad to see
- Fix for an issue where players could spawn under the map after winning their Gulag match
- Fixed a bug where players using Charly’s Tactical Human skin or Mara’s Valkryie skin would notice their character models missing from the exfil epilogue in the helicopter
- The audio for the Supply Choppers is too loud, preventing players from hearing most other sounds and communicating with their squad. This has been adjusted
- During the Supply Chopper event the supply choppers may spawn from under the map, killing players positioned on top of these locations as they raised through the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for the final circle being too close over areas that players cannot access such as the middle of Stadium
- The After Action Report now shows Cash Earned and Placement
- Fix for a rare bug where a player spawned out of bounds after dying out of bounds
- Fix for a minor issue where the radio operator dialog and subtitles for called in Killstreaks could incorrectly play the wrong faction
- Now allow up to three Precision Airstrikes to be called in at once but within a distance restriction
- The M4 will perform an AR magazine reload when attempting to reload the underbarrel launcher while you have the 50 Round Mag attachment equipped. This has been fixed
- Stopping Power is now applied to headshots. Only certain weapons can go from a 2-shot to a 1-shot head shot, like the FAL and Oden. This fixes a few cases where headshots could sometimes do less damage than body shots when using Stopping Power
- Start Ammo and Max Ammo Adjustments:
- Increased Max Ammo: M4 .458 SOCOM Rounds
- Increased Max Ammo and Start Ammo:
- CR-56 AMAX M67 Rounds
- SKS 10 Round Mags
- Striker 45 Hollowpoint Rounds
- SCAR Default Mags
- Oden Default Mags
- Increased Start Ammo:
- SCAR 25 Round Mags
- Oden 25 Round Mags
- AX-50: Increased damage range
- HDR: Guaranteed one-hit to lower torso at any range
- Increased ADS speed
- Small decrease to hip spread
- Increased damage range
- MK2 Carbine:
- Faster movement speed
- Increased damage range
- Increased ADS speed
- 2 hit kill min
- Gun recoil returns to the center more
- Faster rate of fire
- FAL: Added a close range damage shelf with one-hit headshot potential
- AK-47: Increased ADS speed
- CR-56 AMAX: Decreased damage range
- Decreased damage range
- Decreased 10MM damage range
- Reduced long range damage to 10MM ammo
- Slight recoil increase to 10MM ammo
- Grau 5.56
- Damage range reduction
- Slight increase to high frequency recoil
- Reduced recoil compensation and decreased range on Tempus 26.4” Archangel and FSS 20.8” Nexus barrels
- Shotgun Slugs:
- Increased projectile velocity
- Reduced ads spread
- Added dynamic hip spread
- Increased damage ranges
- Increased lower torso damage
- No stock attachment:
- Increased weapon recoil
- Decreased ADS aiming steadiness
- Improved the effectiveness of the Decoy Grenade against most types of enemy soldiers
- Operation Harbinger – Fixed issue where some of the white trucks would appear without any enemies inside of them
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL:
- At the Weapons Store the weapons with purchased Gunsmith attachments are now displayed clearly
- The Buy Phase timer now pulses red when about to run out to help remind players of the upcoming wave
- Fixed issue where the text chat was overlapping some Buy Phase store elements
- Fixed issue where players could purchase weapons from the store as they are being downed
- Fixed issue where if players voted to ‘Retry’ after failing beyond wave 55 they would start each Buy Phase with reduced time
- Fixed a rare issue where players could use Munitions / Killstreaks in while downed
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Best MW MP5 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 5
The MW MP5 is one of the most powerful SMGs in Warzone Season 5, so here’s the best loadout and Perks you can run with it.
Modern Warfare’s MP5 SMG has long been a popular choice in Call of Duty: Warzone, so here are the attachments and Perks to make the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout to maximize its slaying potential following the Season 5 Reloaded update.
Many extremely popular weapons have been nerfed in Warzone Season 5, such as the Bullfrog, OTs 9, and the Krig 6. These nerfs have actually benefitted the MP5, with YouTuber Rallied discovering that it’s now the fastest-killing SMG in the game.
Here are the attachments and Perks to make the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout for Season 5 and dominate all of your enemies in every game mode.
- Best Warzone MW MP5 loadout
- Best Perks to use with MW MP5
- Most recent MW MP5 buffs & nerfs
- How to unlock MW MP5 in Warzone
- Best alternatives to MW MP5
Best Warzone MW MP5 loadout
Best Warzone MW MP5 loadout attachments
- Barrel: Monolithic Integral Suppressor
- Laser: 5mW Laser
- Underbarrel: Merc Foregrip
- Ammunition: 45 Round Mags
- Stock: FTAC Collapsible
This Warzone MP5 loadout uses the 45 Round Mags, as you’ll struggle to take on multiple targets with only 30 bullets. While slightly less powerful, you won’t be caught out with no bullets in your gun.
The Monolithic Integral Suppressor is the best choice for Modern Warfare’s MP5 as it has all the traits of the standard Monolithic Suppressor but uses both the muzzle and barrel slots. You’ll stay off the radar while firing and also receive additional bullet velocity.
As the MP5 is a ‘pocket’ weapon, you want it to be as mobile as possible. To increase its speed, you should add the 5mW Laser and FTAC Collapsible stock, increasing your ADS speed and making you quick and unpredictable in close-range fights.
The Merc Foregrip is an excellent choice for the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout for extra recoil control and even more hip-fire accuracy. And finally, to make sure you can down and finish several targets in one fight, the 45 Round Mags will be a necessary addition.
Best Perks to use with Modern Warfare MP5 in Warzone
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Overkill then Ghost
- Perk 3: Combat Scout
When choosing which Perks to run with the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout, you want those which will benefit you in close-range engagements.
When fighting up close, enemies will often chuck a bombardment of explosives your way to get the upper hand. With E.O.D equipped, you’ll be able to tank a plethora of Grenades and Semtex, allowing you to stay in the fight.
As the MP5 is most effective as a secondary, you’ll want to take Overkill from your first Loadout Drop. This will allow you to take two primary weapons, such as an HDR, then you can get Ghost from your following Loadout to be concealed from UAVs and Heartbeat Sensors.
Season 5’s new Combat Scout is an extremely effective choice for the third slot. Players were quick to call it “OP,” as it automatically pings enemies and briefly highlights them through walls.
Most recent MW MP5 buffs and nerfs
For a short while, Modern Warfare’s MP5 was incredibly powerful at close range, thanks to the 10mm Auto 30-Round Mags. These underwent a game-changing secret buff that gave the MP5 an incredibly fast TTK. However, Raven nerfed these mags in the Season 5 Reloaded update.
- Submachine Gun Charlie (MW) with 10mm Auto 30-Round Mags
- Maximum Damage decreased from 34 to 31
“This Maximum Damage change mirrors the adjustment to the base Submachine Gun Charlie (MW) made earlier this season,” the devs explained.
How to unlock the Modern Warfare MP5
Acquiring the Modern Warfare Warzone MP5 isn’t too difficult, and its requirements are easy enough.
All you need to do is reach Level 12, and it will be unlocked for you to use to make the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout.
Best alternatives to MW MP5
Need something to go with the MP5 or fancy something else entirely? We’d recommend the Bullfrog, MAC-10, Cold War MP5, or CX-9 to try instead. Or, you can take a look at the fastest killing weapon in Season 5 to melt the competition.
Try out the best Warzone MW MP5 in Season 5, and you’ll be running one of the fastest-killing SMGs the game has to offer.
If you’re looking for more great weapons, then you can check out some of this season’s best Warzone loadouts below:
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
How to fix Warzone & Modern Warfare Dev Error 6178
Here are all the different fixes that you can try out for Dev Error 6178 in both Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone that will help you out.
Dev Error 6178 is an error code that various Warzone and Modern Warfare players have encountered, and this guide will cover all the different solutions you can try out.
Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare are extremely fun titles, but players can quickly encounter error issues at times. Goldflake error, error 5476, Diver Error 6, and unknown function Fatal Error are some examples.
If Modern Warfare or Warzone crashes while loading a map on PC, you may encounter Fatal Error Dev Error 6178.
This guide will go over what this error is and how you can get around it.
How to fix Warzone & Modern Warfare dev error 6178
Disable In-Game Overlay & Nvidia Highlights
There have been various causes for this error in Warzone. Aside from the game crashing while loading a map, this can also occur when the camera returns to the player after they get killed.
Many players have reported this problem happening while they try to play the game with both In-Game Overlay and Nvidia highlights enabled at the same time, so we recommend disabling them both.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open up GeForce Experience while the game is turned off
- Go to the General tab and disable In-Game Overlay
- Save and close Nvidia Experience
- Launch Modern Warfare
- Go to Options > Graphics> Nvidia Highlights
- Disable Nvidia highlights and restart the game
Update your GPU drivers
If you’re still encountering Dev Error 6178 then your GPU driver might need updating. This is because the in-game graphics can only be handled with the latest version of the GPU driver.
Here’s how you can update it:
- Open up Device Manager
- Scroll down and select Display Adapters
- Click on the GPU that you want to update select Update Driver .
- Select Search Automatically for updated driver software to install the new driver
- Launch the game to see if it worked.
Run the game as Administrator
The problem might be that the game requires certain permissions that you can only grant as the admin. For this reason, you can try launching the game as an Administrator and see if that fixes things.
This is a fairly simple process:
- Right-click on Modern Warfare
- Select Run as Administrator
- Click yes to grant permissions
- Wait for the game to launch and see if you encounter the error.
Increase the graphics settings
Sometimes the most straightforward solutions are the best ones, and many players have reportedly fixed the error by switching the in-game graphic settings to Medium or High.
You can get this done fairly quickly:
- Launch Modern Warfare
- Go to Settings.
- Select Graphics
- Change the texture resolution to Normal in Details & Textures
That covers all the solutions you can try to fix Dev Error 6178 in both Warzone and Modern Warfare. This error can particularly annoying and keeps players from being able to enjoy the game.
Hopefully, our guide has helped with this problem, and you can check out other cool stuff at Charlie INTEL such as the latest Call of Duty: Vanguard news and guides!
Image Credit: Activision / Infinity Ward / Raven Software
How to fix Warzone & Modern Warfare Status Goldflake error
Modern Warfare and Warzone players have been dealing with the Status Goldflake issue for a while, here is our guide on how to fix it.
The Status Goldflake error is another problem that has been in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for a while, and here is a quick guide on how to deal with it.
It’s almost impossible for a game to steer clear of bugs and potential banana skins, particularly when dealing with complex factors such as internet connection and crossplay.
Now, it’s time to try and help players who regularly deal with the “Status Goldflake error” that can disrupt sessions of Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Warzone & Modern Warfare Status Goldflake error solution
There isn’t a complex set of bullet points to follow or a strict guideline you must adhere to in order to fix the Call of Duty Status Goldflake error message, thankfully.
Here’s our official way to solve the Status Goldflake error problem:
- You need to first encounter the Status Goldflake error
- Once it happens, depending on your format, you need to select the restart option for the hardware
- Wait for the system to reboot itself
- The load up Modern Warfare or Warzone again
- The error message should have gone away, and you’re safe to resume your online gaming!
If for some reason this doesn’t work, then we’d suggest you do a hard reset of your system e.g if you’re on console, then unplug the console’s mains, or hold down the power button for a few seconds until it completely switches off, then turn it back on again.
What is the Status Goldflake error in Modern Warfare and Warzone?
The Status Goldflake error is quite simply an error message that occurs if the user puts their system into some kind of power-saving state, such as the PlayStation’s Rest Mode, and tries to go back onto the game.
The major sticking point with the error message is that there’s no permanent solution for it. Unfortunately, it will keep coming back every so often, and if it does, you just need to repeat the steps that we advised above.
Hopefully, our guide has helped with the Status Goldflake error code, and you can check out other cool stuff at Charlie INTEL such as the latest Call of Duty: Vanguard news and guides!
Image Credit: Activision / Infinity Ward / Raven Software
Does Warzone have split-screen? Latest information
Split-screen is classic video game feature that has been slowly disappearing in recent years, but does Call of Duty: Warzone...
Best OTs 9 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 5
The OTs 9 SMG is a powerful weapon in Warzone's, so here are the attachments and Perks to make the...
All confirmed Halo Infinite weapons so far: Energy Sword, Needler & Battle Rifle
343 Industries' Halo Infinite is going to be another seismic release in the FPS genre, and here are all the...