Activision and Infinity Ward have released the official trailer and roadmap for Season 5 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Season 5 officially begins in-game on Wednesday, August 5 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC with the latest patch update.
Season 5 Roadmap
Here’s what you need to know about Season 5 in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Warzone Content: Verdansk Opens Up
- The Stadium Gets Cracked: As you might have gathered by now, the Acropolis National Arena (AKA Verdansk Stadium) is receiving a multitude of new visitors now that the Shadow Company announced their presence in an explosive, roof-based insertion. Time to retool your strategy and rethink your drop plans around this massive super-structure, complete with a pitch surrounded by rows of seating, an additional underground parking structure, a concession stand lobby as well as other multiple interior concourses and field access you can secure and compete to control.
- The Train Station is Lit Up: The Stadium isn’t the only large-scale location getting interior access; the ornate and imposing Verdansk Train Station is also open for Operators. The station buildings feature a number of inside locations to explore; all linked to the main ticket hall and platforms. This significantly changes the overall look, feel, and tactical outlook in and around this area of the Warzone map.
- Freight Train: On Track for Epic Confrontations: A hulking freight train is on a path of destruction, and it’s up to you and your fellow Operators to use this locomotive behemoth to your tactical advantage! The train rolls through one of the main arterial railroad tracks that circumnavigates the southwestern part of Verdansk in a large loop. It can be a source of protection, an epicenter of firefights, and even offers some exceptional takedown potential if your team claims the train for themselves, and guards it with additional vehicles and heavy weaponry.
- Going Up in the World: Exterior Ascension: Need to take down a troublesome sniper? During past navigations through multi-floored building interiors (usually located in downtown Tavorsk District), you may have clamped onto a vertical zip line inside an elevator shaft to gain quicker access to the top of the structure. Now you can expect additional and strategically positioned Exterior Ascenders dotted throughout Verdansk. These will primarily be attached to the exterior of taller buildings, enabling you to gain a tactical and height advantage from a different angle, and with more haste than ever before.
Modes, Weapon Changes, and More Updates to Warzone
- Mini Royale: This condenses the craziest parts of the main Battle Royale mode into faster-paced chunks of chaotic and almost constant combat. Mini Royale lowers the number of Operators sent into Verdansk but quickens the BR experience: Only the first and last five minutes of a normal BR game exist meaning rapid deployment, constant movement, and high-kill strategies are set to yield victories that are both short and sweet.
- Weapon Rotation: The weaponry you discover lying on the ground or in Supply Crates has been meticulously updated to potentially provide new pre-Loadout Drop weapon tactics for your squad. Expect eight Common, 13 Uncommon, 15 Rare, 19 Epic, and 25 Legendary variants to find throughout Verdansk.
Wartracks: Jam out to some sweet MW tunes while your cruising through Verdansk with Wartracks, available in the Battle Pass. Get three unique songs including the pulse pounding “Sepulchre” to amp up your Warzone experience. Equip one track to a specific vehicle in the Vehicle Customization menu (like Battle Horns), then as soon you hop in, the music gets turned up. Your entire squad can listen to the beat while you drive, and let the song guide you to your primary objective – survival. All three tracks are instantly unlocked when you purchase the Battle Pass.
Modern Warfare Content: New Free Maps, Modes, and More
Four Free Multiplayer Maps in New Environments
If you own the full version of Modern Warfare, we’ve upped the map content accordingly; expect to play four new maps in Season Five. These are all set to deliver brand new destinations and test your skills in all major modes from Gunfight to Ground War:
Livestock – Gunfight (Available at Season Launch)
Don’t let this bucolic pastoral farm environment fool you: This is the setting for some of the fastest and deliriously frenetic Gunfight battles yet seen in Modern Warfare!
A rural compound set around a central barn structure, Operators can use hay bales and agricultural equipment scattered around the map as cover. A deceptively simple layout, you’ll discover a honeycomb of flank routes that take you in and around the barn, designed primarily for quick close-quarter combat.
Petrov Oil Rig – Multiplayer (Available at Season Launch)
Prepare for large 6v6 gun battles aboard a sprawling, operational oilrig in the frigid waters of a classified ocean location well away from the usual Modern Warfare locales. Recently abandoned due to ongoing hostilities between Coalition and Allegiance forces, the rig is surrounded by deep murky water, cargo ships, a docked submarine, other oil rigs, and distant glaciers.
This new map is divided into five distinct sections, with players starting on opposite ends of the rig; either at a lifeboat muster station or a helicopter landing pad. Other areas to explore include a central bridge, an interior cafeteria, oil storage, and the massive rig drill itself.
Expect to engage in close to mid-range combat, with a few longer sightlines that give marksman or sniper rifles potential counter-play opportunities against their CQB and mid-distance counterparts.
Suldal Harbor – Multiplayer (Available at Season Launch)
Long-time veterans or map fanatics will recognize this map from the franchise’s first ever Multiplayer experiences, while others will be introduced to this classic map for the first time here in Season Five. Set in a Middle Eastern harbor, this medium-sized 6v6 Multiplayer map has Operators weaving through a variety of dockside structures and scenery, including shipping areas, fish markets, and weather-beaten administrative buildings. This harbor is located within a large port city that boasts a medieval castle perched on a distant bluff, but there’s little time for sightseeing.
Enter the building interiors within the harbor if you’re attempting to flank or defend an objective, but don’t be caught off guard by ignoring your corners. The main flow of the map is dictated by the violence erupting at the choke points between the shipping areas and fish market locations.
This means those Operators bringing shotguns, SMGs, or assault rifles to the Harbor are likely to have an easier time outflanking their opponents, with longer ranged weaponry being more advantageous in a few key areas around the map. Need to hold one of those tight choke points and stop a foe from reaching their objective? You might want to pack a long-range rifle – assault, sniper, or marksman – with optional extended mags or an LMG.
Verdansk International Airport – Ground War (Available at Season Launch)
For those favoring large-scale combat, prepare to see Verdansk International Airport in a whole new light. Previously only accepting arrivals in Warzone, this Ground War map takes place in and around the airport. The zone encompasses the airport interior, parking garage, adjacent apartment complex and subway entrance, as well as the hangars along the eastern edge of the map.
No matter your style of play, there’s a place to gain the tactical advantage: If you favor running and gunning or close quarters combat, explore and battle across the airport itself, from the multi-floor mezzanine to the maintenance corridors and baggage claim carousel. Or head into the parking lot garage and take up a raised or hidden position within the burned-out vehicle wreckage. Consider taking up refuge inside one of the main building interiors and go to work.
Favor more long-range sniping? Then stay on the rooftops, particularly on the apartment complex tenement buildings. Also expect emergent squad and gunplay moments to be created throughout the many exterior spaces and between capture points; amplified once you or your team utilizes the tanks and APCs on offer here.
Even More Free Content: Multiplayer Modes and Missions
Season Five is also set to deliver new game modes, as well as playlists, mosh pits, and other additional updates during the Season. Expected content includes:
- Bare Bones: Ready to focus on pure, unadulterated combat? Then try out Bare Bones; a rotation of TDM, Domination, HQ, Hardpoint, and Kill Confirmed with the same rulesets as before, albeit with one important distinction: There are no Killstreaks, no Field Upgrades, and no perks.
- Search and Destroy Double Down: This variant game mode features elements from the classic Search and Destroy; where one team must plant a demolition charge on an enemy weapons cache. Except this time the stakes are higher as the scale is bigger; this is a 12v12, not the usual 6v6. Expect tactics and chaos!
- Season Five Missions and Challenges: Whether you’re playing Multiplayer or Warzone, the Challenges tab allows you to easily tailor your progression through the Season’s Ranks whether you’re focusing on Daily, Weekly, or Mission Challenges. Crave an even bigger Challenge for massive rewards? Over a dozen Mastery Challenges have been added across Warzone and Multiplayer for only the most elite players. In addition, don’t forget to visit the Barracks and check on your new Rank Progression section to see all Season Five’s ribbons and Officer Challenges. Focus on maxing out your Officer Ranks to earn a unique weapon blueprint.
The trailer for Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 5 was released earlier this week, which can be viewed here.
Modern Warfare players frustrated after mid-game loadout edits disabled after Warzone glitch
Modern Warfare players have been left frustrated after a Warzone glitch has forced devs to remove the ability to edit classes mid-game.
Modern Warfare players can no longer edit their loadouts mid-game, thanks to the feature being disabled in Warzone after it caused several bugs and exploits.
The Warzone Season 4 update gave battle royale players the option to edit their loadouts in the pre-game lobby. This was a highly requested feature, but Raven Software was forced to remove it after players could bring their loadouts into the start of the match, get infinite Dead Silence, and even exploit the game to get access to Weapon Blueprints and camos.
However, the solution has left Modern Warfare players frustrated as they can no longer edit their classes during multiplayer matches.
Call of Duty’s new joint progression system has allowed 2019’s Modern Warfare to stay alive and active long after its content cycle ended. However, MW players have been frustrated that the game has become a ‘Cold War advertisement’ and want the game to become separate once Vanguard releases.
Raven Software were forced to disable the ability to edit loadouts in Warzone’s pre-game lobby and in matches of Plunder after players found an exploit that gave them free camos and Blueprints, even getting Dark matter on Modern Warfare weapons. However, this also affected Modern Warfare.
Posting to Reddit on July 22, BeneficialOstrich69 pointed out that they could no longer edit their loadout during matches of Modern Warfare following this change. This wasn’t a glitch on their end, as several other players reported the same issue.
Players were frustrated, saying they were taking the system, which has been in Call of Duty for years, for granted. “So people who play only multiplayer suffers cuz of warzone,” stated one player.
While the camo swap glitch was much more common in Warzone because of Cold War weapons being there, it could still be accomplished in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer.
Once Raven Software figures out how to prevent the glitch, the ability to swap loadouts and camos should appear back in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer alongside Warzone, Plunder, and the new Payload game mode.
Image Credit: Activision
What is the average Call of Duty: Modern Warfare K/D ratio?
Despite how long Modern Warfare has been out, players still wonder how their K/D compares to everyone else, and we have a solid answer.
Modern Warfare is still a very popular game in 2021, and we’ve gathered some data to see what makes the cut as an average K/D ratio.
Despite releasing in November 2019, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has managed to retain quite a bit of its fan base. Some players haven’t gotten on board with Treyarch’s Black Ops Cold War, or enjoy Modern Warfare and use it to unlock guns, camos, and attachments for Warzone.
In any event, tons of games of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are still being fought out each day, and K/Ds are changing all the time. For those who don’t know, a kill-to-death ratio is how many kills a player manages to achieve for every death e.g if you finished a game with 2 kills and 1 death you’d finish with a 2 to 1 K/D.
But what is the average K/D in Modern Warfare? Let’s find out.
Modern Warfare 2019 average kill-to-death ratio
It needs to be said that lobbies and K/Ds have been greatly affected by the controversial matter of SBMM.
SBMM has been looked on negatively by the majority of the Call of Duty community as it has taken some of the mystery and fun away from matchmaking.
It’s also meant that better players will be punished more regularly by being placed in better lobbies. As such, the average K/D is basically lower than it has been in recent games.
The general consensus is that if you are in the 0.85-1.05 K/D region, then you’re in a decent spot in Modern Warfare. In early years, a solid 1.00-1.05 could be considered the minimum for a KD ratio.
It becomes quite self-explanatory after this as if you’re under 0.85 then you’re probably falling a bit below the average K/D ratio. However, if you’re above 1.05, then you’re definitely doing better than the average Modern Warfare player.
If you’re massively well below 0.85, then you might want to reconsider the strategy and weapons you’re using. Conversely, if you’re smashing well above a 1.05 K/D ratio, then you know what you’re doing.
Image Credit: Activision / Infinity Ward
Best MW MP5 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 4
The Modern Warfare MP5 is still one of the best SMGs in Warzone Season 4 Reloaded, so here is how to make the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout.
Modern Warfare’s MP5 SMG has long been a popular choice in Call of Duty: Warzone, so here are the attachments and perks to make the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout to maximize its slaying potential in Season 4.
If you’re looking for a well-balanced and reliable SMG, the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout is your best companion for the task to rack up eliminations and victories in the Call of Duty battle royale.
This is especially true after a massive wave of nerfs in the Season 4 Reloaded update allowed this weapon to rise again as a premiere secondary option for players.
Here are the attachments and perks to make the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout for Season 4 Reloaded and dominate all of your enemies.
Best Warzone MW MP5 loadout
Best Warzone MW MP5 loadout attachments
- Barrel: Monolithic Integral Suppressor
- Laser: 5mW Laser
- Underbarrel: Merc Foregrip
- Ammunition: 45 Round Mags
- Stock: FTAC Collapsible
The best Warzone MW MP5 loadout has an emphasis on speed and utility. You’ll be able to take down enemies at medium range and close in the gaps quickly with great mobility and accuracy.
The Monolithic Integral Suppressor is the best choice for Modern Warfare’s MP5 as it has all the traits of the standard Monolithic Suppressor but uses both the muzzle and barrel slots. You’ll stay off the radar while firing and also receive additional bullet velocity.
- Read More: Best FiNN loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 4
As the MP5 is a ‘pocket’ weapon, you want it to be as mobile as possible. To increase its speed, you should add the 5mW Laser and FTAC Collapsible stock.
The laser will give you a sprint-to-fire speed boost and vastly improve your hip-fire accuracy, and the stock will allow you to aim down sights quicker and move faster. With these attachments combined, you can be quick and unpredictable in close-range fights.
For extra recoil control and even more hip-fire accuracy, the Merc Foregrip is an excellent choice for the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout. You’ll not only be able to hit more accurate shots on enemies at medium distance, but you’ll be able to land much more hip-fire shots at point-blank.
And finally, to make sure you can down and finish several targets in one fight, the 45 Round Mags will be a necessary addition.
Best perks for Modern Warfare MP5 in Warzone
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Overkill then Ghost
- Perk 3: Amped
When choosing which perks to run with the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout, you want those which will benefit you in close-range engagements.
When fighting up close, enemies will often chuck a bombardment of explosives your way to get the upper hand. With E.O.D equipped, you’ll be able to tank a plethora of grenades and Semtex, allowing you to stay in the fight.
As the MP5 is most effective as a secondary, you’ll want to take Overkill from your first Loadout Drop. This will allow you to take two primary weapons, such as an HDR, then you can get Ghost from your next Loadout to be concealed from UAVs and Heartbeat Sensors.
To be able to change guns mid-fight quickly, Amped will almost eliminate this weapon swap delay. Whether your primary weapon is out of ammo or you get ambushed at close range, Amped will be vital to your survival.
How to unlock the Modern Warfare MP5
Acquiring the Modern Warfare Warzone MP5 isn’t too difficult, and its requirements are easy enough.
- Read More: Best C58 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 4
All you need to do is reach Level 12, and it will be unlocked for you to use to make the best Warzone MW MP5 loadout.
Try out the best Warzone MW MP5 in Season 4, and you’ll be running one of the game’s most reliable and powerful weapons.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
Warzone players call for devs to add permanent Rebirth Island playlists
Rebirth Island has become a popular map for Warzone players, but the community is calling for permanent playlists like Verdansk.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 23
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
How to unlock Survival mode in GTA Online
GTA Online has a huge amount of modes and content to enjoy besides running about Los Santos, here's how you...