Activision and Infinity Ward have released the official trailer and roadmap for Season 5 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Season 5 officially begins in-game on Wednesday, August 5 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC with the latest patch update.
Season 5 Roadmap
Here’s what you need to know about Season 5 in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Warzone Content: Verdansk Opens Up
- The Stadium Gets Cracked: As you might have gathered by now, the Acropolis National Arena (AKA Verdansk Stadium) is receiving a multitude of new visitors now that the Shadow Company announced their presence in an explosive, roof-based insertion. Time to retool your strategy and rethink your drop plans around this massive super-structure, complete with a pitch surrounded by rows of seating, an additional underground parking structure, a concession stand lobby as well as other multiple interior concourses and field access you can secure and compete to control.
- The Train Station is Lit Up: The Stadium isn’t the only large-scale location getting interior access; the ornate and imposing Verdansk Train Station is also open for Operators. The station buildings feature a number of inside locations to explore; all linked to the main ticket hall and platforms. This significantly changes the overall look, feel, and tactical outlook in and around this area of the Warzone map.
- Freight Train: On Track for Epic Confrontations: A hulking freight train is on a path of destruction, and it’s up to you and your fellow Operators to use this locomotive behemoth to your tactical advantage! The train rolls through one of the main arterial railroad tracks that circumnavigates the southwestern part of Verdansk in a large loop. It can be a source of protection, an epicenter of firefights, and even offers some exceptional takedown potential if your team claims the train for themselves, and guards it with additional vehicles and heavy weaponry.
- Going Up in the World: Exterior Ascension: Need to take down a troublesome sniper? During past navigations through multi-floored building interiors (usually located in downtown Tavorsk District), you may have clamped onto a vertical zip line inside an elevator shaft to gain quicker access to the top of the structure. Now you can expect additional and strategically positioned Exterior Ascenders dotted throughout Verdansk. These will primarily be attached to the exterior of taller buildings, enabling you to gain a tactical and height advantage from a different angle, and with more haste than ever before.
Modes, Weapon Changes, and More Updates to Warzone
- Mini Royale: This condenses the craziest parts of the main Battle Royale mode into faster-paced chunks of chaotic and almost constant combat. Mini Royale lowers the number of Operators sent into Verdansk but quickens the BR experience: Only the first and last five minutes of a normal BR game exist meaning rapid deployment, constant movement, and high-kill strategies are set to yield victories that are both short and sweet.
- Weapon Rotation: The weaponry you discover lying on the ground or in Supply Crates has been meticulously updated to potentially provide new pre-Loadout Drop weapon tactics for your squad. Expect eight Common, 13 Uncommon, 15 Rare, 19 Epic, and 25 Legendary variants to find throughout Verdansk.
Wartracks: Jam out to some sweet MW tunes while your cruising through Verdansk with Wartracks, available in the Battle Pass. Get three unique songs including the pulse pounding “Sepulchre” to amp up your Warzone experience. Equip one track to a specific vehicle in the Vehicle Customization menu (like Battle Horns), then as soon you hop in, the music gets turned up. Your entire squad can listen to the beat while you drive, and let the song guide you to your primary objective – survival. All three tracks are instantly unlocked when you purchase the Battle Pass.
Modern Warfare Content: New Free Maps, Modes, and More
Four Free Multiplayer Maps in New Environments
If you own the full version of Modern Warfare, we’ve upped the map content accordingly; expect to play four new maps in Season Five. These are all set to deliver brand new destinations and test your skills in all major modes from Gunfight to Ground War:
Livestock – Gunfight (Available at Season Launch)
Don’t let this bucolic pastoral farm environment fool you: This is the setting for some of the fastest and deliriously frenetic Gunfight battles yet seen in Modern Warfare!
A rural compound set around a central barn structure, Operators can use hay bales and agricultural equipment scattered around the map as cover. A deceptively simple layout, you’ll discover a honeycomb of flank routes that take you in and around the barn, designed primarily for quick close-quarter combat.
Petrov Oil Rig – Multiplayer (Available at Season Launch)
Prepare for large 6v6 gun battles aboard a sprawling, operational oilrig in the frigid waters of a classified ocean location well away from the usual Modern Warfare locales. Recently abandoned due to ongoing hostilities between Coalition and Allegiance forces, the rig is surrounded by deep murky water, cargo ships, a docked submarine, other oil rigs, and distant glaciers.
This new map is divided into five distinct sections, with players starting on opposite ends of the rig; either at a lifeboat muster station or a helicopter landing pad. Other areas to explore include a central bridge, an interior cafeteria, oil storage, and the massive rig drill itself.
Expect to engage in close to mid-range combat, with a few longer sightlines that give marksman or sniper rifles potential counter-play opportunities against their CQB and mid-distance counterparts.
Suldal Harbor – Multiplayer (Available at Season Launch)
Long-time veterans or map fanatics will recognize this map from the franchise’s first ever Multiplayer experiences, while others will be introduced to this classic map for the first time here in Season Five. Set in a Middle Eastern harbor, this medium-sized 6v6 Multiplayer map has Operators weaving through a variety of dockside structures and scenery, including shipping areas, fish markets, and weather-beaten administrative buildings. This harbor is located within a large port city that boasts a medieval castle perched on a distant bluff, but there’s little time for sightseeing.
Enter the building interiors within the harbor if you’re attempting to flank or defend an objective, but don’t be caught off guard by ignoring your corners. The main flow of the map is dictated by the violence erupting at the choke points between the shipping areas and fish market locations.
This means those Operators bringing shotguns, SMGs, or assault rifles to the Harbor are likely to have an easier time outflanking their opponents, with longer ranged weaponry being more advantageous in a few key areas around the map. Need to hold one of those tight choke points and stop a foe from reaching their objective? You might want to pack a long-range rifle – assault, sniper, or marksman – with optional extended mags or an LMG.
Verdansk International Airport – Ground War (Available at Season Launch)
For those favoring large-scale combat, prepare to see Verdansk International Airport in a whole new light. Previously only accepting arrivals in Warzone, this Ground War map takes place in and around the airport. The zone encompasses the airport interior, parking garage, adjacent apartment complex and subway entrance, as well as the hangars along the eastern edge of the map.
No matter your style of play, there’s a place to gain the tactical advantage: If you favor running and gunning or close quarters combat, explore and battle across the airport itself, from the multi-floor mezzanine to the maintenance corridors and baggage claim carousel. Or head into the parking lot garage and take up a raised or hidden position within the burned-out vehicle wreckage. Consider taking up refuge inside one of the main building interiors and go to work.
Favor more long-range sniping? Then stay on the rooftops, particularly on the apartment complex tenement buildings. Also expect emergent squad and gunplay moments to be created throughout the many exterior spaces and between capture points; amplified once you or your team utilizes the tanks and APCs on offer here.
Even More Free Content: Multiplayer Modes and Missions
Season Five is also set to deliver new game modes, as well as playlists, mosh pits, and other additional updates during the Season. Expected content includes:
- Bare Bones: Ready to focus on pure, unadulterated combat? Then try out Bare Bones; a rotation of TDM, Domination, HQ, Hardpoint, and Kill Confirmed with the same rulesets as before, albeit with one important distinction: There are no Killstreaks, no Field Upgrades, and no perks.
- Search and Destroy Double Down: This variant game mode features elements from the classic Search and Destroy; where one team must plant a demolition charge on an enemy weapons cache. Except this time the stakes are higher as the scale is bigger; this is a 12v12, not the usual 6v6. Expect tactics and chaos!
- Season Five Missions and Challenges: Whether you’re playing Multiplayer or Warzone, the Challenges tab allows you to easily tailor your progression through the Season’s Ranks whether you’re focusing on Daily, Weekly, or Mission Challenges. Crave an even bigger Challenge for massive rewards? Over a dozen Mastery Challenges have been added across Warzone and Multiplayer for only the most elite players. In addition, don’t forget to visit the Barracks and check on your new Rank Progression section to see all Season Five’s ribbons and Officer Challenges. Focus on maxing out your Officer Ranks to earn a unique weapon blueprint.
The trailer for Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 5 was released earlier this week, which can be viewed here.
Best CX-9 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 6
Here are the attachments and Perks you can run with the highly-anticipated CX-9 SMG in Warzone and Modern Warfare to make its best loadout.
The CX-9 SMG finally arrived last season and is still a great option in Season 6, so here is how to make the best Warzone CX-9 loadout to dominate your enemies.
The CX-9 was released alongside the Sykov Pistol in Season 4, and in Season 6, it’s still a very viable SMG that can shred at close range.
Here are the attachments and perks to run with this SMG to make the best Warzone CX-9 loadout.
Table of Contents
- Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
- Best Warzone CX-9 loadout attachments
- Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
- Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout attachments
- Best perks to use with CX-9 class
- Most recent CX-9 buffs and nerfs
- How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
- Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FR
- Underbarrel: Merc Foregrip
- Ammunition: 50 Round Drums
The best Warzone CX-9 loadout is excellent in those close-quarters engagements, but due to the random nature of Warzone, we’ve built it to be a little bit more versatile.
The CX-38S barrel has two significant benefits. It’s already got a Monolithic Suppressor attached, which frees up a slot, and it improves almost every aspect of the weapon. You’ll see the CX-9 has a more effective range, recoil control, and your shots will be hidden from the minimap.
- Read more: Are there bots in Warzone?
Next, we’ve added the Tac Laser and CX-FR stock to the best Warzone CX-9 loadout. Your CX-9 will now be much quicker, allowing you to snap onto enemies even if they take you by surprise.
The Merc Foregrip is always a solid choice for Modern Warfare SMGs, as it improves both recoil control and hip-fire accuracy for the best Warzone CX-9 loadout. And finally, the 50 Round Drums will allow you to down and kill multiple enemies without reloading when using the best Warzone CX-9 loadout.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FA
- Ammunition: 30 Round Mags
- Perk: Sleight of Hand
This CX-9 is built almost purely for speed but with a larger magazine and longer barrel for taking out targets at medium range.
To start, we’ve opted for the CX-38S barrel, which improves almost every aspect of the CX-9. You’ll see a huge boost in damage range, bullet velocity, and even recoil control – while having your shots suppressed. The only downside is a slower ADS speed, which we’ll correct with the rest of the attachments.
Modern Warfare’s engagements usually take place in the confines of 6v6 maps, so you want a bit more speed with your weapon. To do this, we’ve opted for the Tac Laser and CX-FA stock. With these, your ADS speed, movement, and weapon stability will see a welcome improvement.
And finally, we’ve added the 30 Round Mags and Sleight of Hand Perk. The 30 Round Mag gives a solid boost to magazine size without slowing you down too much, and Sleight of Hand vastly increases your reload speed to keep you in the fight. If you want more bullets in your mag, you can always take the 50 Round Drums instead.
Best perks to use with CX-9 class
Best Warzone CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Overkill then Ghost
- Perk 3: Amped
E.O.D will help you survive a barrage of explosives, keeping you in the fight at all times. Overkill will allow you to take the CX-9 alongside a long-range weapon such as the Krig 6, and then you can take Ghost from your next loadout to hide from UAVs and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Read more: Best perks to use in Call of Duty: Warzone
Finally, the Amped Perk allows you to switch between weapons quickly, so you’re never caught defenseless.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Ghost
- Perk 3: Battle Hardened
Again, E.O.D is vital to ensuring you don’t get taken out by a well-placed Frag Grenade or Semtex.
- Read More: Best Swiss K31 loadout for CoD: Warzone
Then, the Ghost Perk will make sure you can always remain stealthy when an enemy pops a UAV.
Last but not least, Battle-Hardened significantly reduces the effect of Stuns and Flashbangs, so you’re never rendered defenseless by Tactical Grenades.
Most recent CX-9 buffs and nerfs
The best Warzone CX-9 loadout was on the receiving end of a bug and nerf in the August 5 update for the Call of Duty battle royale, which caught plenty of players by surprise, considering the weapon had only been in the game for a short time before Raven Software rolled out an update for it.
- Read More: Best Warzone guns weapon tier list
You can find all of the changes the August 5 update made to this SMG below:
- Increased mid damage range from 20 to 21
- Increased Headshot Multiplier from 1.4 to 1.45
How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The CX-9 is a Modern Warfare weapon, so you won’t be able to unlock or use it in Black Ops Cold War. Luckily, it has an easily unlock requirement: Get 2 Longshot Kills while using an SMG in 5 different matches.
Because this is Modern Warfare, you don’t need to finish the match either. You can get two longshot kills with an SMG, back out, and repeat until you’ve unlocked the weapon.
Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
- Read More: Best Bullfrog loadout in CoD: Warzone
If you’re looking for more great weapons, then you can check out some of this season’s best Warzone loadouts below:
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
CoD 2022 reportedly titled ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II’
New rumors appear to have revealed the name of Call of Duty 2022, which is expected to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
A new rumor claims to reveal the name of the 2022 Call of Duty title, which is set to be a sequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019.
The new rumor, from leaker Tom Henderson, states that the name of the 2022 Call of Duty game will be ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.’
This information lines up with what CharlieIntel has also heard about the 2022 Call of Duty game, although we’d caution that Activision can change the name at any point leading to the reveal.
The 2022 Call of Duty title from Infinity Ward is set to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019 and feature a story that focuses on the Colombian drug cartels.
The game is currently codenamed Project Cortez, according to leaked NVIDIA files.
Infinity Ward’s last title, Modern Warfare 2019, has gone on to become the most successful Call of Duty game of all time. It was the title that also introduced the free to play Warzone experience.
Infinity Ward recently announced the opening of a new studio in Austin, Texas to compliment their California, Poland, and Mexico offices.
Official information on the Call of Duty 2022 title is very sparse and not official announcement is to be expected until late Summer 2022.
The next Call of Duty game is set to be Call of Duty: Vanguard from Sledgehammer Games, releasing on Friday, November 5. Vanguard includes a WWII-based campaign, multiplayer, and Zombies experience.
RAAL LMG returns to Warzone & Modern Warfare in October 8 update
The RAAL LMG was mistakenly removed from Warzone and Modern Warfare, but Raven Software has now returned it to the Gunsmith.
Warzone and Modern Warfare fans were left baffled after the RAAL LMG was removed in the Season 6 update. But Raven Software added it back on October 8, confirming it was a mistake.
It was months ago that the RAAL LMG briefly appeared in Warzone as loot and was quickly removed soon after. Then after much waiting, players finally got their hands on the RAAL in Warzone and Modern Warfare, but it was then secretly removed in the Season 6 update.
Players were obviously left baffled as to why it would be removed. But, Raven Software released an update on October 8 that made changes to Iron Trials and also added the RAAL LMG back to the game, confirming it was a mistake.
Whilst Warzone guru JGOD doesn’t believe the RAAL LMG is a meta weapon that all players should be using, he still thinks it’s a viable gun. Which is even more of a reason why players were so shocked to see it disappear without warning.
The removal was made very public knowledge thanks to a Tweet from ModernWarzone, and it took some players off-guard.
But, RAAL fans can relax, as the LMG has been added back to Warzone in the October 8 update. At the end of the patch notes, Raven Software said “Oops,” and confirmed that “the RAAL MG (MW) is back.”
It didn’t quite disappear for everyone, as it seemed that if you had the RAAL MG in a loadout, then you could still use it, but couldn’t alter the attachments on it.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Ligue 1 Player of the Month September
Seko Fofana has won the Ligue 1 Player of the Month for September, here's how to complete his FIFA 22...
JGOD unveils best LAPA SMG loadout in Warzone Season 6
Popular Warzone content creator JGOD has revealed his loadout class for the new LAPA SMG in Warzone Season 6.
Battlefield 2042 devs reveal major changes from Beta to launch
Following the Battlefield 2042 Beta, the game's developers have revealed the major changes made to the game for its launch...