Infinity Ward is working to reduce the overall size of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone across consoles.
In a series of tweets, Infinity Ward’s Senior CM has tweeted that the Season 4 update, which will be live on June 10 at 11PM PT, will be a large download across platforms. But once the update is installed, the update will only take up 4GB of space on the console.
She also confirmed that they are doing a full sweep of the assets in the game to make meaningful size reductions across the board for future patches.
For those on console, you can uninstall content packs for modes that you don’t want to play anymore to get additional space on the console.
Here’s how to remove additional packs:
- Launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- When you reach the main menu, select Options.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Game Installs.
- Highlight any DLC pack installs you wish to uninstall.
- Data Pack 1 – required for access to Campaign, Multiplayer, and Spec Ops
- Campaign Pack 1 (Xbox One only) – required to play Campaign
- Campaign Pack 2 (Xbox One only) – required to play Campaign
- Multiplayer Pack (Xbox One only) – required to play Multiplayer
- Multiplayer Pack 2 – required to play Multiplayer
- Special Ops Pack – required to play Special Ops
- Special Ops Pack 2 – required to play Special Ops
- Survival Pack (PlayStation 4 only) – required to play Special Ops Survival
- Select Uninstall, then select Confirm.
Stay tuned for Season 4 news.