Activision has officially detailed the Progression System in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which is a new system for Call of Duty.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare does not feature prestige system. Rather, there’s a enlisted, base levels and then Officer Ranks in the game.
There are 55 Enlisted Levels that players can progress through. Each unlocks a new reward. Once you reach Level 55, that’s the max Enlisted Rank in Modern Warfare.
Beyond this is a new Officer Ranks feature. With this, there is 100 Officer Ranks that will reset every season. Officer Ranks give unique rewards at different levels – including select cosmetic weapon variants.
This new system is being used in Modern Warfare as ranks can be tied to seasons while allowing users to keep their unlocks. Your unlocks do not reset in Modern Warfare, regardless of when the season ends and Officer Ranks reset.
Here’s additional details from Activision Blog:
The Enlisted Ranks: Unlocking Elements of Multiplayer
When you begin your ranking up in Multiplayer (or in Special Ops), you begin in the Enlisted Ranks as a Private (Level 1).
Here, you have a choice between three default loadouts and a limited number of Killstreaks and Field Upgrades.
Unlocking Enlisted Ranks is the traditional Call of Duty progression path you may be familiar with: As you gain XP (experience points) through normal gameplay, you begin to climb through the Enlisted Ranks.
After unlocking two more default loadouts within the first two rank ups, you will reach Enlisted Rank: Private IV (rank 4). Achieving this gives you access to the Loadout menu, where you can create a custom loadout. Need more information on Loadouts? Read this article.
As you continue to gain experience and advance from Enlisted Rank 4, all the way to Command Sergeant Major V – Rank 55 – you will unlock new weapons, equipment and perks for your loadouts, as well as Field Upgrades and Killstreaks.
Ranking Up: Gaining XP
What are some of the ways you can gain XP through normal gameplay?
· By completing Multiplayer Matches, and Special Ops Operations and Missions.
· By completing Daily Challenges, short objectives that are usually able to be completed within a play session.
· By completing Challenge Missions; multi-step objectives that also result in other rewards (see below).
· By completing Camo Challenges; which unlock variations of base weapon camos and also offer you XP boosts.
· Once Officer Ranks are unlocked, there are additional Officer Rank Challenges (see below).
The Officer Ranks: Seasonal Rewards and Badges of Honor
In this new Progression system, a player’s Enlisted Ranks of 1-55 are never reset and they will never have their functional items re-locked. Instead, players now progress into the new Officer Rank system:
Rather than having to reset your Enlisted Rank, Modern Warfare will introduce Officer Ranks, a seasonal ranking system complete with rewards and 100 ranks to progress through. When you reach Officer Rank 1, you receive a cosmetic Weapon Blueprint for your promotion.
Ranking up through the Officer Ranks requires the same gameplay completion practices as you previously utilized in the Enlisted Ranks: by earning XP.
Each time you level up within the Officer Ranks, you will unlock a special Officer Challenge. Similar to Daily Challenges, these objectives will reward plenty of XP upon completion, but also give you a special Seasonal Ribbon.
Earning 10 ribbons gives you a special Season Emblem, with each additional 10 ribbons evolving that emblem. Collecting all 100 Ribbons unlocks an animated Emblem, which serves as proof of getting the ultimate achievement for that season. Reach the maximum Officer rank, and expect to receive another cosmetic Weapon Blueprint.
The initial set of Officer Ranks will be available at launch: Once you complete all 55 Enlisted Ranks, you will arrive at Officer Rank 1.
The Player Level: Your Overall Accomplishments
Your ranking accomplishments showcase your dedication and talents at Modern Warfare, and these milestones are properly memorialized: Any Officer Rank, Officer Challenge Ribbon, or Seasonal Emblem are permanently recorded in the game. Just prior to the start of each new Season, your Officer Rank is reset so everyone starts the following Season on the same playing field.
Challenge Missions: Another Way to Rank Up & Earn Cool Rewards
Outside of normal gameplay, Daily Challenges, and seasonal Officer Challenges, another huge opportunity to earn XP for Enlisted Ranks, Officer Ranks, and Player Level is through Challenge Missions contained within the Barracks part of the Multiplayer Menu.
Challenge Missions within the Barracks are multi-step objectives that can be completed for XP bonuses and special rewards. These Challenge Missions must be activated within the Barracks Menu in order to complete them, and once activated, you will be notified when you complete each objective and when you complete the entire Challenge Mission.
At launch, there will be a variety of Challenge Missions available, with more to be released within forthcoming Seasons.
Challenge Missions may require you to play specific game modes or use a particular weapon class in order to complete them, so prepare for a variety of content to test all facets of your gaming prowess!
A Full Arsenal: Weapon Experience
Weapons, like Operators, can also be leveled up and gain experience, which unlocks a whole arsenal of attachments, weapon perks, and camouflage that can be equipped though the Gunsmith.
Defeating foes with a weapon you have unlocked through progression grants you weapon XP for that particular weapon. Earn enough XP for that weapon, and it gains a level. Note that levels for weapons are entirely separate from player levels and ranks; you will rank up your weapons independently.
Each weapon level will reward you with a new attachment – for example, a Muzzle, Optic, or Stock – a perk, or a camouflage for that weapon. These attachments and camos can be equipped within the Gunsmith.
Camos earned by leveling up a weapon unlocks the base camo for that weapon. After earning the base camo, a set of camo challenges is unlocked, allowing you to earn a set of colorful and cool-looking skins within a camo set for that weapon. In addition, camo unlocks earn you XP rewards.
With each weapon averaging 50 available attachments and having over 100 earnable camo patterns (including a few extra camos for those completionists out there), there is plenty to earn and accomplish within Modern Warfare, even before the first season begins!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is scheduled to have a number of seasons post-launch. Each post-launch season, which will have its own Officer Rank progression track, will bring a mix of new maps, modes, missions, community events, and other content to the game.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This new update includes some bug fixes for issues that popped up with The Haunting Event, alongside updates playlists in Warzone.
- Disabling the pumpkin heads due to a bug
- Disabling the helicopter in the night version of Verdansk
- NEW: BR Solo Survivor
- Juggourdnaut Royale
- Plunder Candy Collector
The Haunting Event ends Tuesday, November 3.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Haunting Event Live: Patch Notes
The Haunting of Verdansk is here. Drop in for Halloween themed events and gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC from October 20 through November 3.
The new in-game Halloween event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived. A new game settings update went live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC activating the new event.
For Week 1 of The Haunting, there’s new Nighttime BR map, new playlists in Warzone & MP, and new store bundles based on SAW and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Warzone – New Playlists:
- Nighttime BR: Verdansk going dark (available in select Warzone modes, like Trios)
- Zombie Royale: Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent. Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
In addition to the new playlists in Warzone, there’s also the new Trick or Treat scavenger hunt available. Find the specially marked Supply Boxes around the map, in 16 locations, for a trick or treat. Collect all 16 rewards to unlock a bonus blueprint.
Multiplayer – New Playlists:
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Halloween Moshpit
- SAW Bundle: Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target. Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle: Features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye. This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
Jump into The Haunting, live now through November 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Get a Texas Chainsaw Massacre Emblem & Calling Card in Warzone
Legendary and Activision has teamed up to give players a bonus Emblem and Calling Card for Call of Duty.
As part of the Haunting of Verdansk event, a site has gone up allowing players to watch a few videos and scene to get an Emblem and Calling Card in Warzone.
- Visit the new website called http://texaschainsaw.com
- Follow the site to watch the selection of clips (caution: audio warning)
- Enter your email when prompted
- Code sent to your email within two weeks
The legal language on the website says that users must be 17+ and have a valid Activision ID account. The promotion is live until November 1, 2020.
Once you enter your email address, the site says that codes and a poster will be emailed within a two week window.
Black Ops Cold War Achievements & Trophies leaked
The achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has leaked. CODTracker has found a list of all the...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...