Infinity Ward has released a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
This new patch update is version 1.20. The patch update is 10GB on PS4, 13GB on Xbox One, and 9GB (if you only have Warzone) or 32GB (if you own MW) on PC.
Data Pack – Download Information:
This patch also requires PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players to download an additional pack once the main patch is done. Players on PS4 and Xbox will need to load up the game when the new patch is done, select MP or Special Ops at the menu, and then install Data Pack 1. The additional download is 17GB on PS4 and 18GB on Xbox One.
This additional download is ONLY for Modern Warfare premium modes. Warzone does not need this, so F2P players will not be required to download. Once that is done, you will be able to play Modern Warfare. Warzone will be playable while the Data Pack downloads.
This new patch includes new features for the game, including a brand new master camo, Obsidian, the new Gunsmith Customs feature, new LMG, new store bundles, and more!
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Reinfected Ground War
- 3v3 Cranked Gunfight
- Shoot the Ship 24/7 (includes Cranked and Grind!)
- Solos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
- Most Wanted Contract – Instead of a random Operator being marked on your Tac Map, you are voluntarily putting a Bounty on yourself for any squad to see in Verdansk. Of course, this great risk does have some great rewards…
DATA PACK DOWNLOAD:
Own Modern Warfare on PS4 or Xbox?
Today’s update includes a required download for PlayStation and Xbox, about 15gbs, and is required to access Modern Warfare.
Once you install the patch and select a mode, (multiplayer, campaign, Special Operations, etc.), you will be brought to a game install menu. Here, you’ll need to download Data Pack 1 from this menu. Once the download is complete, you will need to hard close and reopen the game application.
If you run into any issues or need support, reach out to us @ATVIAssist
- Added a Challenges tab to the main multiplayer screen for easier access
- Adjusting how the audio is played for the Precision Airstrike so it follows the plane more precisely
- Fixed a bug where players using KBM in Game Battles could make custom weapon blueprints that could also be used in multiplayer or Warzone.
- Currently, white text will appear when someone is speaking, regardless of team. Now, when someone is on an enemy team, their text will appear red.
- Fix for an exploit on Hackney Yard while playing Infected
- Fixed a bug that would prevent players from being able to melee an enemy while on top of an ATV
- Various out of bounds and exploit fixes
- After the last update, Talon’s character model appeared stretched with graphical corruption issues while in the squad walk. This has been fixed
- Fix for some Season 3 emblems appearing with incorrect text
- Fixed an issue with Kreuger’s eyes while completing a finishing move
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing in the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations
- Added a gamepad-only Deadzone option that allows players to adjust the inner range in which stick input will not be registered.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Party members from editing their CDL Loadouts when the CDL Quick Play Filter was active.
- Fixed an issue where the Auto Run feature would stop when players opened their in-game text chat.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from zooming in/out on the Tac Map if Jump was bound on Mouse Wheel Up/Down.
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- The ability to view available XP tokens is not visible in the Warzone Menu. This has been fixed.
- After being brought back into the match, a player was in a state where they couldn’t interact with the team’s loadout drop, and they had the revive prompt on them even though they were alive. This has been fixed
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle
- We’ve added the cargo truck back into BR Solos with reduced turning speed, acceleration, and top speed
- Moved the scoreboard to be visible in the pause menu
- Fix for an issue where the After-Action Report was not displaying the total team earnings
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to equip Armor Plates while Dead Silence is activated
- New item – Armor Satchel – finding one of these allows you to carry up to 8 armor plates instead of 5. These drop on death and can be looted by other players. These do not contain any armor plates by default, only increase the player carry amount. Guaranteed reward upon completing Scavenger contracts (replaces Gas Mask as the guaranteed item)
- Gas mask will remain rare in loot and purchasable at the Buy Station.
- Plunder: Plunder Rating
- When you finish a match of plunder you’re now given a rating in the form of a coin. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and more! The more cash your team collected the cooler the coin. Get above 3.5 Million to find out the highest rating!
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- The Munitions Shop can now be accessed while in the safehouse at the beginning of each Special Operation.
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed various situations where players could get stuck outside of the plane when the rest of the team regroups.
- Fix some rare instances where players in last stand could be revived, or have started a self-revive, but still bleed out anyway.
- Fix an instance where the player’s revive icon color could quickly shift from blue to red after they had been successfully revived.
- Fixed players being able to exit a Juggernaut suit, and then gain the ability to revive others even if they themselves were in last stand.
- Operation Harbinger – Players can now exit the safehouse earlier and ‘capture’ the first intel item faster following the dialog from Kamarov.
- Operation Harbinger – Fixed missing audio on the large cargo truck.
- Operation Crosswind – Fixed some instances of soldiers giving armored hitmarkers, but not having visible armor.
- Fixed an issue where a syringe could be seen floating while reviving a teammate.
- Fixed an issue with helicopter audio.
- Fix for a bug where players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fixed a crash that occurred to players using a GeForce 900 Series graphics card when they loaded the Crosswind Special Operations Mission.
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Best CX-9 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 6
Here are the attachments and Perks you can run with the highly-anticipated CX-9 SMG in Warzone and Modern Warfare to make its best loadout.
The CX-9 SMG finally arrived last season and is still a great option in Season 6, so here is how to make the best Warzone CX-9 loadout to dominate your enemies.
The CX-9 was released alongside the Sykov Pistol in Season 4, and in Season 6, it’s still a very viable SMG that can shred at close range.
Here are the attachments and perks to run with this SMG to make the best Warzone CX-9 loadout.
Table of Contents
- Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
- Best Warzone CX-9 loadout attachments
- Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
- Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout attachments
- Best perks to use with CX-9 class
- Most recent CX-9 buffs and nerfs
- How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
- Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FR
- Underbarrel: Merc Foregrip
- Ammunition: 50 Round Drums
The best Warzone CX-9 loadout is excellent in those close-quarters engagements, but due to the random nature of Warzone, we’ve built it to be a little bit more versatile.
The CX-38S barrel has two significant benefits. It’s already got a Monolithic Suppressor attached, which frees up a slot, and it improves almost every aspect of the weapon. You’ll see the CX-9 has a more effective range, recoil control, and your shots will be hidden from the minimap.
- Read more: Are there bots in Warzone?
Next, we’ve added the Tac Laser and CX-FR stock to the best Warzone CX-9 loadout. Your CX-9 will now be much quicker, allowing you to snap onto enemies even if they take you by surprise.
The Merc Foregrip is always a solid choice for Modern Warfare SMGs, as it improves both recoil control and hip-fire accuracy for the best Warzone CX-9 loadout. And finally, the 50 Round Drums will allow you to down and kill multiple enemies without reloading when using the best Warzone CX-9 loadout.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FA
- Ammunition: 30 Round Mags
- Perk: Sleight of Hand
This CX-9 is built almost purely for speed but with a larger magazine and longer barrel for taking out targets at medium range.
To start, we’ve opted for the CX-38S barrel, which improves almost every aspect of the CX-9. You’ll see a huge boost in damage range, bullet velocity, and even recoil control – while having your shots suppressed. The only downside is a slower ADS speed, which we’ll correct with the rest of the attachments.
Modern Warfare’s engagements usually take place in the confines of 6v6 maps, so you want a bit more speed with your weapon. To do this, we’ve opted for the Tac Laser and CX-FA stock. With these, your ADS speed, movement, and weapon stability will see a welcome improvement.
And finally, we’ve added the 30 Round Mags and Sleight of Hand Perk. The 30 Round Mag gives a solid boost to magazine size without slowing you down too much, and Sleight of Hand vastly increases your reload speed to keep you in the fight. If you want more bullets in your mag, you can always take the 50 Round Drums instead.
Best perks to use with CX-9 class
Best Warzone CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Overkill then Ghost
- Perk 3: Amped
E.O.D will help you survive a barrage of explosives, keeping you in the fight at all times. Overkill will allow you to take the CX-9 alongside a long-range weapon such as the Krig 6, and then you can take Ghost from your next loadout to hide from UAVs and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Read more: Best perks to use in Call of Duty: Warzone
Finally, the Amped Perk allows you to switch between weapons quickly, so you’re never caught defenseless.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Ghost
- Perk 3: Battle Hardened
Again, E.O.D is vital to ensuring you don’t get taken out by a well-placed Frag Grenade or Semtex.
- Read More: Best Swiss K31 loadout for CoD: Warzone
Then, the Ghost Perk will make sure you can always remain stealthy when an enemy pops a UAV.
Last but not least, Battle-Hardened significantly reduces the effect of Stuns and Flashbangs, so you’re never rendered defenseless by Tactical Grenades.
Most recent CX-9 buffs and nerfs
The best Warzone CX-9 loadout was on the receiving end of a bug and nerf in the August 5 update for the Call of Duty battle royale, which caught plenty of players by surprise, considering the weapon had only been in the game for a short time before Raven Software rolled out an update for it.
- Read More: Best Warzone guns weapon tier list
You can find all of the changes the August 5 update made to this SMG below:
- Increased mid damage range from 20 to 21
- Increased Headshot Multiplier from 1.4 to 1.45
How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The CX-9 is a Modern Warfare weapon, so you won’t be able to unlock or use it in Black Ops Cold War. Luckily, it has an easily unlock requirement: Get 2 Longshot Kills while using an SMG in 5 different matches.
Because this is Modern Warfare, you don’t need to finish the match either. You can get two longshot kills with an SMG, back out, and repeat until you’ve unlocked the weapon.
Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
- Read More: Best Bullfrog loadout in CoD: Warzone
If you’re looking for more great weapons, then you can check out some of this season’s best Warzone loadouts below:
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
CoD 2022 reportedly titled ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II’
New rumors appear to have revealed the name of Call of Duty 2022, which is expected to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
A new rumor claims to reveal the name of the 2022 Call of Duty title, which is set to be a sequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019.
The new rumor, from leaker Tom Henderson, states that the name of the 2022 Call of Duty game will be ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.’
This information lines up with what CharlieIntel has also heard about the 2022 Call of Duty game, although we’d caution that Activision can change the name at any point leading to the reveal.
The 2022 Call of Duty title from Infinity Ward is set to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019 and feature a story that focuses on the Colombian drug cartels.
The game is currently codenamed Project Cortez, according to leaked NVIDIA files.
Infinity Ward’s last title, Modern Warfare 2019, has gone on to become the most successful Call of Duty game of all time. It was the title that also introduced the free to play Warzone experience.
Infinity Ward recently announced the opening of a new studio in Austin, Texas to compliment their California, Poland, and Mexico offices.
Official information on the Call of Duty 2022 title is very sparse and not official announcement is to be expected until late Summer 2022.
The next Call of Duty game is set to be Call of Duty: Vanguard from Sledgehammer Games, releasing on Friday, November 5. Vanguard includes a WWII-based campaign, multiplayer, and Zombies experience.
RAAL LMG returns to Warzone & Modern Warfare in October 8 update
The RAAL LMG was mistakenly removed from Warzone and Modern Warfare, but Raven Software has now returned it to the Gunsmith.
Warzone and Modern Warfare fans were left baffled after the RAAL LMG was removed in the Season 6 update. But Raven Software added it back on October 8, confirming it was a mistake.
It was months ago that the RAAL LMG briefly appeared in Warzone as loot and was quickly removed soon after. Then after much waiting, players finally got their hands on the RAAL in Warzone and Modern Warfare, but it was then secretly removed in the Season 6 update.
Players were obviously left baffled as to why it would be removed. But, Raven Software released an update on October 8 that made changes to Iron Trials and also added the RAAL LMG back to the game, confirming it was a mistake.
Whilst Warzone guru JGOD doesn’t believe the RAAL LMG is a meta weapon that all players should be using, he still thinks it’s a viable gun. Which is even more of a reason why players were so shocked to see it disappear without warning.
The removal was made very public knowledge thanks to a Tweet from ModernWarzone, and it took some players off-guard.
But, RAAL fans can relax, as the LMG has been added back to Warzone in the October 8 update. At the end of the patch notes, Raven Software said “Oops,” and confirmed that “the RAAL MG (MW) is back.”
It didn’t quite disappear for everyone, as it seemed that if you had the RAAL MG in a loadout, then you could still use it, but couldn’t alter the attachments on it.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software
Warzone Iron Trials ’84 mode: Return date, new ruleset, rewards
The fan-favorite Iron Trials '84 mode is very popular in Warzone, so here's all of the latest information you need...
Warzone October 15 update patch notes: Iron Trials ’84 Trios, new Tac Sprint settings, more
Raven Software has rolled out the Warzone October 15 update patch notes, and they include Iron Trials Trios and a...
How to get The Batman Who Laughs skin in Fortnite Season 8
In another DC crossover, The Batman Who Laughs skin arrives in Fortnite Season 8, so here's how to get the...