Infinity Ward has released a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
This new patch update is version 1.20. The patch update is 10GB on PS4, 13GB on Xbox One, and 9GB (if you only have Warzone) or 32GB (if you own MW) on PC.
Data Pack – Download Information:
This patch also requires PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players to download an additional pack once the main patch is done. Players on PS4 and Xbox will need to load up the game when the new patch is done, select MP or Special Ops at the menu, and then install Data Pack 1. The additional download is 17GB on PS4 and 18GB on Xbox One.
This additional download is ONLY for Modern Warfare premium modes. Warzone does not need this, so F2P players will not be required to download. Once that is done, you will be able to play Modern Warfare. Warzone will be playable while the Data Pack downloads.
This new patch includes new features for the game, including a brand new master camo, Obsidian, the new Gunsmith Customs feature, new LMG, new store bundles, and more!
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Reinfected Ground War
- 3v3 Cranked Gunfight
- Shoot the Ship 24/7 (includes Cranked and Grind!)
- Solos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
- Most Wanted Contract – Instead of a random Operator being marked on your Tac Map, you are voluntarily putting a Bounty on yourself for any squad to see in Verdansk. Of course, this great risk does have some great rewards…
DATA PACK DOWNLOAD:
Own Modern Warfare on PS4 or Xbox?
Today’s update includes a required download for PlayStation and Xbox, about 15gbs, and is required to access Modern Warfare.
Once you install the patch and select a mode, (multiplayer, campaign, Special Operations, etc.), you will be brought to a game install menu. Here, you’ll need to download Data Pack 1 from this menu. Once the download is complete, you will need to hard close and reopen the game application.
If you run into any issues or need support, reach out to us @ATVIAssist
- Added a Challenges tab to the main multiplayer screen for easier access
- Adjusting how the audio is played for the Precision Airstrike so it follows the plane more precisely
- Fixed a bug where players using KBM in Game Battles could make custom weapon blueprints that could also be used in multiplayer or Warzone.
- Currently, white text will appear when someone is speaking, regardless of team. Now, when someone is on an enemy team, their text will appear red.
- Fix for an exploit on Hackney Yard while playing Infected
- Fixed a bug that would prevent players from being able to melee an enemy while on top of an ATV
- Various out of bounds and exploit fixes
- After the last update, Talon’s character model appeared stretched with graphical corruption issues while in the squad walk. This has been fixed
- Fix for some Season 3 emblems appearing with incorrect text
- Fixed an issue with Kreuger’s eyes while completing a finishing move
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing in the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations
- Added a gamepad-only Deadzone option that allows players to adjust the inner range in which stick input will not be registered.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Party members from editing their CDL Loadouts when the CDL Quick Play Filter was active.
- Fixed an issue where the Auto Run feature would stop when players opened their in-game text chat.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from zooming in/out on the Tac Map if Jump was bound on Mouse Wheel Up/Down.
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- The ability to view available XP tokens is not visible in the Warzone Menu. This has been fixed.
- After being brought back into the match, a player was in a state where they couldn’t interact with the team’s loadout drop, and they had the revive prompt on them even though they were alive. This has been fixed
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle
- We’ve added the cargo truck back into BR Solos with reduced turning speed, acceleration, and top speed
- Moved the scoreboard to be visible in the pause menu
- Fix for an issue where the After-Action Report was not displaying the total team earnings
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to equip Armor Plates while Dead Silence is activated
- New item – Armor Satchel – finding one of these allows you to carry up to 8 armor plates instead of 5. These drop on death and can be looted by other players. These do not contain any armor plates by default, only increase the player carry amount. Guaranteed reward upon completing Scavenger contracts (replaces Gas Mask as the guaranteed item)
- Gas mask will remain rare in loot and purchasable at the Buy Station.
- Plunder: Plunder Rating
- When you finish a match of plunder you’re now given a rating in the form of a coin. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and more! The more cash your team collected the cooler the coin. Get above 3.5 Million to find out the highest rating!
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- The Munitions Shop can now be accessed while in the safehouse at the beginning of each Special Operation.
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed various situations where players could get stuck outside of the plane when the rest of the team regroups.
- Fix some rare instances where players in last stand could be revived, or have started a self-revive, but still bleed out anyway.
- Fix an instance where the player’s revive icon color could quickly shift from blue to red after they had been successfully revived.
- Fixed players being able to exit a Juggernaut suit, and then gain the ability to revive others even if they themselves were in last stand.
- Operation Harbinger – Players can now exit the safehouse earlier and ‘capture’ the first intel item faster following the dialog from Kamarov.
- Operation Harbinger – Fixed missing audio on the large cargo truck.
- Operation Crosswind – Fixed some instances of soldiers giving armored hitmarkers, but not having visible armor.
- Fixed an issue where a syringe could be seen floating while reviving a teammate.
- Fixed an issue with helicopter audio.
- Fix for a bug where players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fixed a crash that occurred to players using a GeForce 900 Series graphics card when they loaded the Crosswind Special Operations Mission.
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Call of Duty player uses musical instruments as a controller
Call of Duty player, DeanoBeano, plays the game with various musical instruments. We had the opportunity to have a brief Q&A with him.
A Call of Duty player has discovered how to use musical instruments as a controller and has even killed enemy players with an assortment of different instruments.
Call of Duty is a game traditionally played with a mouse and keyboard or controller, but not for player DeanoBeano. Deano instead opts to play his Call of Duty games with musical instruments, such as drums, a recorder, and even bongos.
You can see one of his most popular clips below, where he manages to snipe a player in Modern Warfare, while using the drums.
DeanoBeano is clearly a one of a kind player, so we managed to get in contact with him and sit him down for a Q&A, where he details how he’s able to play the game with instruments, how he started, and more.
Q: How do you manage to get instruments to work as remotes?
Deano: I use instruments that I plug in to convert midi signals to keyboard commands, and acoustic instruments I control using pitch to midi, then midi to keyboard commands. The bongos were actually a controller from the GameCube games Donkey Konga and Donkey Kong Bongo Bash. (referring to the above clip)
CI: Can you explain Midi to our readers?
Deano: Midi is a signal that electric instruments send to computers and other instruments and devices that control sound to connect with each other.
Q: What originally gave you the idea to play Call of Duty with instruments?
Deano: I started drumming to gaming montages live on twitch about a year ago, so there was always an ongoing joke that I actually hit the clips with my drums.
Eventually, in August I figured out how to hook up my drums as a controller and after I started doing that, I figured it would be fun to try other instruments and odd controllers too.
Q: What are your future plans? Any new instruments you want to try?
Deano: My plan is to keep making Cold War multiplayer as fun as I can. Playing with a normal controller (especially solo) can be really tiring because of SBMM. I’m always looking at finding new ways to play the game, and I plan on bringing this to other games too. I’ll be using some new instruments and controllers soon.
Q: What’s your favorite instrument to play in games?
Deano: The recorder is my favorite instrument to play with at the moment. It makes the game pretty challenging but every kill and clip I get with it feels so rewarding.
Q: Do you actually play any musical instruments?
Deano: I do! I started with piano when I was a kid and later on picked up drums and got a Bachelor’s degree in music on drums. I play a little bit of trumpet (and recorder I guess haha) but not much.
That’s the end of our interview with Deano. To see more of his content, you can follow him on Twitter and watch his Twitch streams, where he appears to be most active. He also occasionally posts highlights of his streams to his YouTube channel.
How to play TikTok’s viral custom Call of Duty Gun Game mode
Don’t miss out on the new viral TikTok Gun Game sensation in CoD: Modern Warfare and here’s how you can play the custom mode too.
A fascinating new variation of Gun Game has been created and gone viral on TikTok. The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare custom mode has been revealed and we have these crazy settings for you to try out yourself.
It’s a testament to the longevity of Gun Game that gamers can still find ways to make an already legendary game mode even better.
The simplicity of Gun Game is what makes it so addictive and keeps you coming back for more. Well, with this new bespoke set of rules you can now make the mode even deeper and infinitely more stressful.
Custom TikTok Gun Game mode in CoD
From the balanced and equal footing you all start out on to the skill needed to get a kill with every weapon, Gun Game is such a simple concept that never gets old.
Each player starts off with the same weapon and attachments and every time you achieve a kill with your random weapon, you advance to the next weapon. This continues until one player has gotten a kill with every weapon, but if you get knifed, you go back a weapon.
But one of its biggest assets is the fear and dread it can instill in you with the thought of being knifed. Gun Game is all about momentum and so often you’ll have one person surge to double-digits in no time at all, and someone languishing on the starting weapon.
Add in melee kills that can set you back a weapon and the pressure is real.
This takes us to TikTok user thedillygang who has imposed his creation on the Call of Duty community that he calls “Blood Pressure”.
The aptly-named Gun Game creation warrants its name because it will affect your biology, it will sternly test your friendships and relationships, and probably the strudiness of your controller.
Gun Game “Blood Pressure” variation in Modern Warfare
- Scroll to “Private Match
- Then go to Trials & GameBattles at the bottom of Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer options
- Select Custom Game
- Make your way to Game Setup
- Choose a map
- Set mode to Gun Game – it can be found in Alternate Modes
- Go to Game in Game Rules and set the Time Limit to Unlimited
- Go to Player in Game Rules and set Max Health to 300 and Health Regeneration to Very Slow
- Go to Advanced in Game Rules and set Setbacks to 5 Weapons
- Select Option and make sure you save the mode for future use
- Play it and try not to throw your controller
Let’s be honest, if you’re playing this chaotic mode with your friends then it’s inevitable you’re all going to be trying to knife each other. So let’s reserve the violence for the video game, and enjoy this evil mode.
This can only be played in Modern Warfare at the moment due to the fact that Black Ops Cold War hasn’t added Gun Game yet. But when BOCW does indeed get the mode, then be sure to try Blood Pressure out.
Image credits: Activision Blizzard
How to unlock the CX-9 SMG in Modern Warfare early
You can currently add the CX-9 SMG to your inventory within Call of Duty Modern Warfare, before its official release.
The CX-9 is one of many leaked weapons that will be making their way to Modern Warfare and Warzone soon. There is a way for you to unlock this leaked SMG ahead of its official release.
Modern Warfare is arguably the most beloved title in the entire Call of Duty franchise, managing to become the highest-earning premium game of 2020. It’s the game that got many fans into the series in the first place, so it’s always exciting to see new leaked content.
A few CoD leaks in December 2020 revealed an early in-game look at three new weapons, the CX-9, Raal MG, and Sykov. While this content hasn’t been officially released, you can currently unlock the CX-9 SMG in-game.
The gun is based on the ‘Scorpion’ weapon from other CoD titles and will become available in both Modern Warfare and Warzone soon. Here’s how you can unlock the CX-9 for yourself.
How to unlock Modern Warfare’s CX-9 SMG
The key to unlocking this SMG is to complete a weapon challenge. Even though the gun hasn’t been officially released, your progress through this objective will be tracked within Modern Warfare anyway.
This in-game challenge requires you to score two longshot kills while using an SMG across five different matches. You can get this done by keeping your distance from the enemies that you’re tracking and then firing in bursts, rather than holding the trigger.
While this is different from how you would usually use an SMG, the challenge isn’t that hard to complete. You can easily score two kills this way in just a few matches. You may have already done this at some point without realizing it.
The game will track your progress and many players have reported this happening. Reddit user BKTOOR posted a clip of them using the CX-9 SMG in the Modern Warfare subreddit. They also showcased gameplay of the other weapons that were leaked back in December.
At the time of writing, it’s unclear when exactly we’ll see the new SMG make its way to Modern Warfare. While you can’t use the CX-9 in multiplayer yet, you can add it to your inventory so that it’s available to you on the day of its release.
If you’re feeling a bit impatient, then you’re in luck since there is a way to try it out early. You can purchase the weapon in Modern Warfare’s Spec Ops Survival mode, and see how it feels in the midst of combat.
As far as we know, this can only be completed in Modern Warfare multiplayer, but it’s possible it could work in Warzone too. Once we hear something official from the developers about the release of the CX-9 SMG and other leaked weapons, we’ll be sure to update this guide.
Image Credits: Activision & u/MightyJordanb
5 best AR loadouts for Warzone Season 1
Assault Rifles are great all-rounders in CoD Warzone, so here are the top AR's to bring to Verdansk and Rebirth...
First Apex Legends Season 8 teasers: New Legend, abilities, planet
A whole host of new details for Season 8 of Apex Legends have been revealed. This includes info on the...
Crazy Apex Legends glitch makes player invincible
One player discovered a bug within Apex Legends in which the Death Boxes made them impervious to enemy damage.