Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 24.
The new update brings the Season 5 Reloaded Content, which includes a new LMG, a Games of Summer event (that begins August 28), and more. The roadmap for Season 5 Reloaded is available here.
The patch update is version 1.26.
- PS4: 10.6GB
- Xbox: 14.09GB
- PC: 11.3GB (F2P) / 17.6GB (Premium)
If you’re looking to free up hard drive space on your console, you have the option to delete content you may no longer wish to use in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Click HERE to see how to manage and delete content.
- Ground War
- Ground War Reinforce (32 players)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Shoot the Ship
- Face Off Verdansk Stadium (2v2)
- BR Solos
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- Plunder: Quads
- King Slayer Trios
- Ground War: You can now spawn on APCs even while they’re in combat, just as long as the vehicle isn’t low on health
- You can now inspect your weapon during infil sequences!
- Fix for a bug where players could see Tracker footprints on the ground after respawning, even when they don’t have the perk equipped
- Fix for an issue where the Riot Shield could appear sideways in the preview screen
- Also, fixed a bug where the Riot Shied could appear crooked in the squad walk
- Fixed a bug where using Flaming Throwing Knives would not reset Dead Silence
- Season 5 Week 1 challenge reads: “Call in the Personal UAV Killstreak 7 Times.” Should be written as Personal Radar
- The Week 1 challenge reads: “Play 3 matches with Wyatt and your Coalition Operator”. Using and instead of as
- Fix for an issue where the scoreboard could reflect inaccurate information when going from a multiplayer match to a Warzone match
- Fixed a bug where some users were unable to unblock players
- Fixed a bug where the ‘World Eater’ calling card appeared animated, although it should be a static image
- Fix for an issue where partially watching the killcam and then skipping it, can sometimes result in reduced respawn time
- Various fixes to help the Tomogunchi Turbo watch function as intended
- Fixed an issue where the Stopping Round Field Upgrade could become unlimited after using two of the same weapon
- Adjusted weapon stats graphs to better match rate of fire and post-launch weapon balancing
- Fix for a bug where tracers could lose their impact VFX when the ammunition is changed from the default 5.56 NATO ammunition on the M4
- Sniper – Thermal Scope: lowered optic resolution and reduced thermal range
- Adding ‘HEI’ (High Explosive Incendiary) label to cosmetic dismembering ammo types
- Fix for an issue where the gas mask could become invulnerable
- Fixed a bug where the yellow highlighting of your name in the Squad widget was missing from BR Buy Back
- Fix for a bug where the parachute could open randomly when jumping over certain areas of the map
- In BR Quads, the player’s minimap icon had both the downed icon and arrow when the player started the Most Wanted contract. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the loot dropped from a squadmate who died in the gulag would be available for other squad members to pick up if they enter the same gulag
- Fixed a bug where players will observe no ping audio from a spectator creating world pings
- Various fixes for issues with Self Revive:
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive after buying it at a kiosk, then see the Self Revive ‘Use’ UI right before the player dies when downed but too late to be able to revive themselves
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive and when downed, they are able to use a Self Revive
- Players may be unable to buy a Self Revive at a kiosk stating “The player already has this item”, despite not having one in their inventory
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE:
- Fixed a bug where barrels with integrated suppressors were still available
- Improved stability and performance
- Fixed an issue that caused screen resolution to be higher than native resolution at 100 render resolution when in fullscreen borderless mode
- Fixed an issue that could lock FOV to 60 after playing a game of Ground War
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
‘More content’ coming to Modern Warfare as Season 6 ends
While November 23 marks the end of the Season 6 Battle Pass in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, fans have been wondering about new content for the title.
There has been no official news on what’s next in terms of content for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare after Warzone’s integration with Black Ops Cold War.
The confirmation we have so far is that Modern Warfare will receive a new progression system to match the new system in Black Ops Cold War starting on December 10. Fans can learn more about the Progression system in a detailed blog post.
Now, an Infinity Ward developer has confirmed on Twitter that there is more content planned for Modern Warfare. He says that he’s not aware of the ‘official name’ of the new content, but more is coming.
It’s not clear at this time what the new content will be for Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare continues to be a very popular Call of Duty game, selling over 30 million copies in its first year. Activision has not outlined future plans for the game itself.
Season 6’s Battle Pass officially ended in Modern Warfare & Warzone on November 23. The pass reset timer says 0seconds left.
Warzone will officially be tied to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s system starting on December 10 with a new Classified Experience. Players playing Modern Warfare MP can continue to level up their overall player rank and access the Seasonal Prestige system. They can also contribute toward’s ranking up the Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Battle Pass, but content unlocked is only usable in Black Ops cold War & Warzone.
We’ll keep you updated as more information is announced.
How Modern Warfare progression will change after Season 6
Modern Warfare will integrate with Cold War in December. Here’s how that will work.
Season 6 of Modern Warfare ends on November 23, so what’s next for the title after integration with Black Ops Cold War?
Season 6 appears to be the final season of Modern Warfare. With the launch of Black Ops: Cold War, the focus has been shifted to the new title and Warzone.
It’s not the end of Modern Warfare, however. Season 6 ends on November 23. After that, fans will have to wait until December 10, when Modern Warfare and Warzone integrate with Black Ops Cold War.
This integration will bring a new progression system to the game. Read on to find out how the new progression system works and what’s next for Modern Warfare.
Modern Warfare progression
On December 10, progression will become unified between Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. This means that you’ll now have one rank for all three titles. No matter which game you’re playing, you will rank up on all of them.
This new progression system combines Modern Warfare’s seasonal progression with the classic Prestige system. Every season, once you hit the maximum season level, you will begin your Prestige levels. Season levels will reset every Season, but your progress will resume from the highest Prestige you achieved in the previous Season.
Your current level on Modern Warfare will be scrapped once integration begins. Your Black Ops Cold War rank will now become your rank on Modern Warfare. As you play either Cold War, Warzone, or Modern Warfare, your rank will increase.
Future of Modern Warfare
usually, once a new Call of Duty launches, the population of the previous game begins to dwindle. The majority of players move onto the new game, and only a hardcore few remain on the previous title.
Unified progression might change this. With Warzone being the connecting mode between Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War, weapons from both titles can be used in Warzone.
Warzone is free-to-play and allows players to use weapons from both games, even if they don’t own them. Leveling up weapons and unlocking camos is much easier in multiplayer, so players may return to Modern Warfare’s multiplayer to get attachments for use in Warzone.
Although Black Ops Cold War has released, it’s certainly not the end for Modern Warfare.
Black Ops Cold War UK opening week sales lower than Modern Warfare
The first full week data from the UK on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War sales are out, and the numbers are not as high as 2019’s sales.
The UK game charts, via GamesIndustry, reveals that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s digital downloads were up 39% over Modern Warfare’s 2019 opening.
However, the game’s physical sales were down almost 64% compared to Modern Warfare.
The first week UK charts saw Assassins Creed Valhalla debut at #1 in terms of physical game sales. Some report that this is due to Black Ops Cold War’s digital purchase incentives, and that the game’s physical edition was not available in certain retailers.
Combining the digital and physical sales from launch week, Black Ops Cold War debuts at #1 in the UK charts. But the game’s overall sales didn’t match Modern Warfare’s opening week in the UK.
Data shows the game’s first week sales are down 16% compared to Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare is one of the best selling Call of Duty games of all time. The game’s opening weekend in October 2019 saw $600 million in revenue. The title has gone on to sold well over 30 million copies to date.
And it’s become clear that Warzone’s success could’ve impacted sales for the new titles. Warzone’s integration with Black Ops Cold War is set for December 10. It could be that after the integration, Activision will see higher premium upgrades from players interested in the entire game’s experience.
Activision has not released opening week data for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The company only has said that the game’s day one digital sales were the ‘highest’ in franchise history.
Best weapons and perks to use in Black Ops Cold War’s Nuketown ’84
The chaos has ensued in Nuketown '84, so we've put together the weapons and perks you should be using to...
How to unlock Destiny 2: Beyond Light’s Salvation’s Grip grenade launcher
Make sure you're not missing out on crucial content by using our Destiny 2: Beyond Light guide on obtaining Salvation's...
Apex Legends dev responds to calls for Wattson to be reworked
The Apex Legends community have asked for legend Wattson to be reworked and made more viable, but a senior developer...