The Haunting of Verdansk is here. Drop in for Halloween themed events and gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC from October 20 through November 3.
The new in-game Halloween event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived. A new game settings update went live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC activating the new event.
For Week 1 of The Haunting, there’s new Nighttime BR map, new playlists in Warzone & MP, and new store bundles based on SAW and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Warzone – New Playlists:
- Nighttime BR: Verdansk going dark (available in select Warzone modes, like Trios)
- Zombie Royale: Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent. Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
In addition to the new playlists in Warzone, there’s also the new Trick or Treat scavenger hunt available. Find the specially marked Supply Boxes around the map, in 16 locations, for a trick or treat. Collect all 16 rewards to unlock a bonus blueprint.
Multiplayer – New Playlists:
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Halloween Moshpit
- SAW Bundle: Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target. Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle: Features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye. This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
Jump into The Haunting, live now through November 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
How to fix Modern Warfare reticle menu not working
An annoying glitch with Modern Warfare’s menu system won’t let players change their weapon reticle. Thankfully, a clever workaround exists.
A frustrating glitch with Modern Warfare’s menu system is leaving players unable to change the reticles on their guns. Thankfully, we’ve got everything you need to work around the problem.
Having the right reticle on your weapons can be super important. Using sights like a Red Dot or Holographic can make it easier to target enemies, but the wrong reticle can make it an even bigger challenge than before.
Unfortunately, an annoying glitch with the Modern Warfare menu system is making it impossible to change them. When players select the option, it immediately launches them into the “Play” menu, and is affecting players on PC and PlayStation.
Modern Warfare reticle menu workaround
While this is incredibly frustrating, the good news is that there is a workaround for those struggling to change the reticle on their weapons.
Some players have managed to use the game’s Blueprint system to change their reticles, and while not ideal, does let players choose which one they want to use.
Affected players may want to try:
- Open Warzone, and go to the Weapon Gunsmiuth.
- Choose your optic, then select the reticle you want.
- Go back to the main Gunsmith screen, and create a new Weapon Modiciation.
- Once saved, go back to multiplayer and select the gun you modified.
While this is a lengthier process, it will allow you to make any changes to the reticle that you want.
The good news is that this issue has been added to Activision‘s “known issues” page, which means developers Infinity Ward are aware of it.
When the team will drop a fix for this problem remains unknown, but with around 2 million people playing the game daily, fans will be desperate to see this bug squashed in the near future. With major updates set to drop with Warzone Season 5, it’s possible the fix may come then.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward
Warzone players call for boycott over Blizzard lawsuit and hacking problems
Due to the Blizzard lawsuit and endless hacking, Warzone, and other Call of Duty players, are calling for a boycott of Store purchases.
Warzone players are encouraging all Call of Duty gamers to boycott the purchase of skins and bundles from the store in response to the recent Activision Blizzard lawsuit and constant Warzone hacking.
It’s been an unsettling time for Call of Duty and its respective titles – Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, CoD: Mobile, and Modern Warfare. The ongoing Activision Blizzard lawsuit has impacted the franchise, and fans are calling for fellow players to stop buying goods from the CoD store in protest.
This includes everything from skins to Operator Bundles to even the Seasonal Battle Pass. Warzone players are citing the lawsuit, “empty updates,” and hackers as the driving force behind this movement.
Added to this is the purported series of empty updates “full of microtransactions in order to milk the players,” and the ever-increasing threat of hackers, and players have seemingly had enough.
Reddit user Jaszs has lead the charge by saying: “I’m writing this as someone who has played every. single. COD since COD2, and WZ since day 1 until yesterday, and also a former Blizzard fan. Yes, I know it may sound bad, but based on what’s going on (sexual harassment lawsuit, suppressing and abusive treatment of their employees…) I really think those guys don’t deserve anything from us, their customers.
“You can even keep playing the game if you want (there are some cool alternatives though; if you need some just ask in the comments!), just don’t spend any money in their store. In any case, you should also remember that they are the same guys that are releasing empty updates full of microtransactions in order to milk the players, releasing over and over the same game and not giving a single f*ck about the increasing number of hackers.”
The very passionate statement received over 300 comments and counting, and it’s universally in favor of boycotting Activision’s Store ahead of the Warzone Season 5 launch.
Given that there are many responses, here are a selection of replies:
- “I’ve got 900 COD points and level 90 on the battle pass. Not spending a penny more on this game. They don’t respect their employees, they don’t respect the players (anti-cheat lmao) they aren’t getting anymore of my money.”
- “Once all this sh*t came to light, my entire friend group collectively uninstalled the game and swore off of it for good. We were already mad at the game for being poorly managed with hackers and constant glitches/crashes. I suppose this was the lead straw that broke the metaphorical camel’s back.”
- “Based on the way they’ve handled cheating, the CW integration, and the general state of the game in the last year, I’m shocked than any of you have been buying cosmetic items from them. Do you realize what kind of message you’re sending by making the worst CoD their highest-earning one?”
At the time of writing, the post has nearly 1.8K upvotes and rising. Given the player count of Warzone far exceeds this, it’s hard to imagine this boycott would do too much damage.
Conversely, Producer at Sledgehammer Games Alayna Cole has Tweeted an important message concerning the circumstances.
Boycotting the Activision store will have an obvious knock-on effect in terms of sales revenue, and would ultimately disrupt the salaries and jobs of many employees who are not involved in this lawsuit.
It’s a hard position for all involved and for players who engage in Call of Duty games. The lawsuit is still long ongoing, and we’ll continue to update you at Charlie INTEL with any breaking developments.
Image Credit: Activision Blizzard
Modern Warfare players want one change for Ground War to fix spawn trapping
Modern Warfare players are calling for the developers to make a change in the Ground War mode to help ease spawn trapping frustrations.
Modern Warfare’s Ground War mode is loved by many. However, some players have been asking the developers to consider one change to help the spawning.
Ground War has been a staple of the Modern Warfare franchise for a long time, with players loving the larger player count. However, some players are dissatisfied with the spawning in the mode, asking for the devs to make a slight change.
Reddit user bob1689321 put a post up with the title: “Opinion: ground war maps shouldn’t have out-of-bounds areas. That would fix all spawn trap issues.”
The idea is to have the Ground War maps currently available more open, allowing players to spawn without having enemies so close by.
Spawn trapping has pretty much always been an issue in Call of Duty’s multiplayer, but especially in the Ground War game mode due to the increased player size.
When talking about Boneyard for Ground War, bob1689321 says:
“it’s so tight that there’s nowhere to flank, and it always turns into a spawn trap without fail. Open up the sides for flanking, and the map would play much better.”
It seems players also agree in the comments: “Opened this post to disagree with it, turns out I absolutely love this idea and the reasoning behind it!”
Although there could be issues with opening up the maps for Ground War, perhaps if the idea gains enough traction, the developers will look into it.
The developers have made changes in the past based on player feedback, so it would not be surprising to see a change of this regard be introduced to help ease frustrations the community has when it comes to being spawn trapped in Ground War.
For updates and more on Call of Duty, like the next release entitled Vanguard, stay tuned via Charlie INTEL and check out just how many people are still playing the 2019 entry in the popular first-person shooter franchise.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
Warzone August 2 update patch notes: OTs 9 unlock challenge fix, Payload & general bug fixes
Raven Software has rolled out a new update for Call of Duty: Warzone on August 2, and we have all...
Are Warzone servers down? Current Server Status
Are the Warzone servers down? That is what many players ask when they can not connect to the game, so...
T-Mobile reportedly no longer a sponsor of Call of Duty League & Overwatch League
T-Mobile appears to have ended their sponsorship of both the CDL and OWL after Activision Blizzard harassment lawsuits surfaced.