Infinity Ward has released the latest update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
This new update is patch update 1.21 and is 20.2GB on PS4, 31GB on Xbox One, and is 30GB (if you own Modern Warfare) or 26.1GB (if you only own Warzone) on PC.
In Modern Warfare MP, new map Hardhat is available alongside the new Gunfight map, Aisle 9.
In Warzone, players can find new features including the Armor Box, which lets you resupply armor similar to the Munitions Box. There is also new weapons to find in the Gulag, allowing for more variety. New LTM now live is Classic BR, which has no Buy Stations, no Gulag, and no Contracts.
- Call of Duty Endowment “Fearless” Pack is now available!
- New Gunfight Map, Aisle 9!
- New Multiplayer Map, Hardhat!
- Modified Special Operations! Replay existing Operations with a twist! Some enemies may charge more frequently or maybe they can only be taken down with headshots. Check out new Modified Special Operations and earn new rewards each week!
- Realism Moshpit with NVG
- Reinfected Ground War
- Core Ground War
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Aisle 9 Face Off Moshpit!
- Hard Hat 24/7!
- BR Solos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- Blood Money Quads
- Armor Box (available via loot on the ground and purchasable at Buy Stations): Resupply the entire team’s armor
- Added Most Wanted contracts back (in addition to the other 3 contracts, none have been removed)
- Loot Update
- Added the new SKS (legendary only)
- Updated 5 New Blueprints:
- AX-50 – Epic
- Kilo 141 – Legendary
- FAL – Epic
- MP7 – Legendary
- AUG – Epic
- Gulag Loadouts – the Gulag will now randomly choose from 6 ARs and 4 SMGs. All automatic, no burst or single fire guns included
- Kilo 141
- Striker 45
- Infected and Gun Game now feature playlist text to reinforce that KDR and win loss are not affected
- Blueprint variants of Gun Game and Gunfight can now be enabled in custom match advanced options for their respective modes
- Added the fire throwing knife to restricted equipment for CDL
- Fix for the ‘Splash Guard’ shotgun weapon camo not applying properly to the weapon
- Fixed a bug where on occasion, your selected Operator would not appear in the squad walk
- Added a ‘Hold to Use’ option that allows you to choose between a hold or a press for the interaction button on keyboard and mouse
- Adjusted the Monitor Distance Coefficient slider option to maximum value from 2.00 to 5.00
- Out of map exploit fixes across various maps
- Fixed a bug where players could take the ATV out of the map on Aniyah Palace
- Fix for an XP exploit in Hardpoint
- Fix for the ‘Time to Reap’ watch not displaying the time
- Fix for the ‘Blue Skies’ watch appearing backwards when worn
- Fix for some players spawning facing a wall while playing FFA on Talsik Backlot
- Demolition: Added VO to alert the defending team a bomb site was destroyed
- One in the Chamber: This mode is now available in custom games!
- Regular Infected playlist now has random care package drops!
- Gun Game Reloaded is now in the Quick Play filter.
- Fire throwing knife is now available in OSP mode
- Fixes to the Snapshot grenade so it functions as intended in OSP mode
- Reinfected Ground War:
- Removed IAV and Counter UAV
- Added a hint to tutorialize how to sky dive in this mode
- Do not show death icon when a player uses Field Upgrade Tac Insert to skydive
- Deaths from Field Upgrade Tac Insert (skydive) no longer count as deaths on the scoreboard
- Kills & Deaths do not count against your lifetime records in this mode, this is purely to reflect the accurate KDR on the scoreboard
- Lower Juggernaut health in this mode only
- No longer give killstreak points on kills if the player is in your party
- Significantly lowered damage from killstreaks if the player called out the killstreak and then moved to the infected team
- Added ATV visibility on the map to avoid players hiding while riding the ATV
- Fix for Rodion’s Season 3, Objective 3 Mission from not tracking properly (“Purchase the Armor Bundle in Warzone 2 times while using Rodion as your Allegiance Operator”)
- Fix for the “Use the Dead Silence Field Upgrade in 3 different matches” not tracking properly
- Reduced the max ammo reserve
- MK3 Burst Mod – Significant hip spread increase
- MK3 Burst Mod – Small decrease to damage
- Reduced damage when Akimbo and MK3 Burst Mod are both equipped
- FAL: Decrease to ADS time
- SCAR: Decrease to ADS time
- LMGS: Lowered ammo count for reload warning on belt fed LMGs
- Reduced penalty for holding breath too long with sniper scopes
- Fix for the level 34 unlock of the Renetti showing the Merc Foregrip
- VLK Rogue
- Increased rate of fire
- Increased close damage range for 12 gauge
- Increased damage range to 6” Revolt barrel
- Holger 26
- Increased move speed
- Improved ADS time
- Slight recoil reduction
- FTAC 8.98” Spitfire Barrel:
- Improved ADS time
- Faster movement
- Reduced hip spread
- XRK Ultralight Barrel:
- Improved ads time
- 30 Round Magazine:
- Reduced sprint out time
- Improved ADS time
- Faster movement
- Improved hip spread profile
- Not Stock:
- Increased sprint out time
- Faster movement
- Reduced hip spread
- Improved ADS time
- Stippled Grip
- Improved ADS time
- FTAC 8.98” Spitfire Barrel:
- Fix for a bug where a player could become immune to the gas if they were bought back as the final circle was closing
- Fix for a rare bug that left a player in the Gulag until the end of the match
- PC: Fixed an issue where the gas mask overlay could remain on screen after leaving the gas and entering a vehicle
- Removed the option to “Squad Fill” while in BR Solo
- Fix for voice chat sometimes cutting out during a match
- Reduced the RPG kill radius for players with full armor
- Final circle now moves (BR)
- The Most Wanted contract has had the time reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes
- Replaced Shield Turret with Armor Box at Buy Stations (Shield Turret is still in loot)
- When players are respawned via the plane their weapons will now start with at least one full magazine each, to fix getting into situations where you could respawn without any ammo
- Operation Headhunter – Fix for the players keeping the Gunship munition if the team wipes during the tank assault section
- Operation Brimstone – Fix for the Extraction Crate appearing to be already open if the team had wiped and restarted earlier in the match
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL
- PS4: Atlas Superstore has been added to Survival Mode
- Teammates respawned via the ‘Respawn Flare’ item will now come back with full armor, to help them survive their dangerous respawns better
- Disallow usage of the ‘Respawn Flare’ item if no teammates are currently in last stand or spectating, and display why
- Fix for missing dialog, store icons, and sounds during the buy phase
- Fix for missing message display for players attempting to use the minigun at the weapons store
- Fix for the ammo store not filling your magazine, and only your stock, and fix its missing sounds
- Made the assorted stores’ Cash font easier to read on dark screens
- Players now get $10 per hit on enemy helicopters
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Call of Duty player uses musical instruments as a controller
Call of Duty player, DeanoBeano, plays the game with various musical instruments. We had the opportunity to have a brief Q&A with him.
A Call of Duty player has discovered how to use musical instruments as a controller and has even killed enemy players with an assortment of different instruments.
Call of Duty is a game traditionally played with a mouse and keyboard or controller, but not for player DeanoBeano. Deano instead opts to play his Call of Duty games with musical instruments, such as drums, a recorder, and even bongos.
You can see one of his most popular clips below, where he manages to snipe a player in Modern Warfare, while using the drums.
DeanoBeano is clearly a one of a kind player, so we managed to get in contact with him and sit him down for a Q&A, where he details how he’s able to play the game with instruments, how he started, and more.
Q: How do you manage to get instruments to work as remotes?
Deano: I use instruments that I plug in to convert midi signals to keyboard commands, and acoustic instruments I control using pitch to midi, then midi to keyboard commands. The bongos were actually a controller from the GameCube games Donkey Konga and Donkey Kong Bongo Bash. (referring to the above clip)
CI: Can you explain Midi to our readers?
Deano: Midi is a signal that electric instruments send to computers and other instruments and devices that control sound to connect with each other.
Q: What originally gave you the idea to play Call of Duty with instruments?
Deano: I started drumming to gaming montages live on twitch about a year ago, so there was always an ongoing joke that I actually hit the clips with my drums.
Eventually, in August I figured out how to hook up my drums as a controller and after I started doing that, I figured it would be fun to try other instruments and odd controllers too.
Q: What are your future plans? Any new instruments you want to try?
Deano: My plan is to keep making Cold War multiplayer as fun as I can. Playing with a normal controller (especially solo) can be really tiring because of SBMM. I’m always looking at finding new ways to play the game, and I plan on bringing this to other games too. I’ll be using some new instruments and controllers soon.
Q: What’s your favorite instrument to play in games?
Deano: The recorder is my favorite instrument to play with at the moment. It makes the game pretty challenging but every kill and clip I get with it feels so rewarding.
Q: Do you actually play any musical instruments?
Deano: I do! I started with piano when I was a kid and later on picked up drums and got a Bachelor’s degree in music on drums. I play a little bit of trumpet (and recorder I guess haha) but not much.
That’s the end of our interview with Deano. To see more of his content, you can follow him on Twitter and watch his Twitch streams, where he appears to be most active. He also occasionally posts highlights of his streams to his YouTube channel.
How to play TikTok’s viral custom Call of Duty Gun Game mode
Don’t miss out on the new viral TikTok Gun Game sensation in CoD: Modern Warfare and here’s how you can play the custom mode too.
A fascinating new variation of Gun Game has been created and gone viral on TikTok. The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare custom mode has been revealed and we have these crazy settings for you to try out yourself.
It’s a testament to the longevity of Gun Game that gamers can still find ways to make an already legendary game mode even better.
The simplicity of Gun Game is what makes it so addictive and keeps you coming back for more. Well, with this new bespoke set of rules you can now make the mode even deeper and infinitely more stressful.
Custom TikTok Gun Game mode in CoD
From the balanced and equal footing you all start out on to the skill needed to get a kill with every weapon, Gun Game is such a simple concept that never gets old.
Each player starts off with the same weapon and attachments and every time you achieve a kill with your random weapon, you advance to the next weapon. This continues until one player has gotten a kill with every weapon, but if you get knifed, you go back a weapon.
But one of its biggest assets is the fear and dread it can instill in you with the thought of being knifed. Gun Game is all about momentum and so often you’ll have one person surge to double-digits in no time at all, and someone languishing on the starting weapon.
Add in melee kills that can set you back a weapon and the pressure is real.
This takes us to TikTok user thedillygang who has imposed his creation on the Call of Duty community that he calls “Blood Pressure”.
The aptly-named Gun Game creation warrants its name because it will affect your biology, it will sternly test your friendships and relationships, and probably the strudiness of your controller.
Gun Game “Blood Pressure” variation in Modern Warfare
- Scroll to “Private Match
- Then go to Trials & GameBattles at the bottom of Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer options
- Select Custom Game
- Make your way to Game Setup
- Choose a map
- Set mode to Gun Game – it can be found in Alternate Modes
- Go to Game in Game Rules and set the Time Limit to Unlimited
- Go to Player in Game Rules and set Max Health to 300 and Health Regeneration to Very Slow
- Go to Advanced in Game Rules and set Setbacks to 5 Weapons
- Select Option and make sure you save the mode for future use
- Play it and try not to throw your controller
Let’s be honest, if you’re playing this chaotic mode with your friends then it’s inevitable you’re all going to be trying to knife each other. So let’s reserve the violence for the video game, and enjoy this evil mode.
This can only be played in Modern Warfare at the moment due to the fact that Black Ops Cold War hasn’t added Gun Game yet. But when BOCW does indeed get the mode, then be sure to try Blood Pressure out.
Image credits: Activision Blizzard
How to unlock the CX-9 SMG in Modern Warfare early
You can currently add the CX-9 SMG to your inventory within Call of Duty Modern Warfare, before its official release.
The CX-9 is one of many leaked weapons that will be making their way to Modern Warfare and Warzone soon. There is a way for you to unlock this leaked SMG ahead of its official release.
Modern Warfare is arguably the most beloved title in the entire Call of Duty franchise, managing to become the highest-earning premium game of 2020. It’s the game that got many fans into the series in the first place, so it’s always exciting to see new leaked content.
A few CoD leaks in December 2020 revealed an early in-game look at three new weapons, the CX-9, Raal MG, and Sykov. While this content hasn’t been officially released, you can currently unlock the CX-9 SMG in-game.
The gun is based on the ‘Scorpion’ weapon from other CoD titles and will become available in both Modern Warfare and Warzone soon. Here’s how you can unlock the CX-9 for yourself.
How to unlock Modern Warfare’s CX-9 SMG
The key to unlocking this SMG is to complete a weapon challenge. Even though the gun hasn’t been officially released, your progress through this objective will be tracked within Modern Warfare anyway.
This in-game challenge requires you to score two longshot kills while using an SMG across five different matches. You can get this done by keeping your distance from the enemies that you’re tracking and then firing in bursts, rather than holding the trigger.
While this is different from how you would usually use an SMG, the challenge isn’t that hard to complete. You can easily score two kills this way in just a few matches. You may have already done this at some point without realizing it.
The game will track your progress and many players have reported this happening. Reddit user BKTOOR posted a clip of them using the CX-9 SMG in the Modern Warfare subreddit. They also showcased gameplay of the other weapons that were leaked back in December.
At the time of writing, it’s unclear when exactly we’ll see the new SMG make its way to Modern Warfare. While you can’t use the CX-9 in multiplayer yet, you can add it to your inventory so that it’s available to you on the day of its release.
If you’re feeling a bit impatient, then you’re in luck since there is a way to try it out early. You can purchase the weapon in Modern Warfare’s Spec Ops Survival mode, and see how it feels in the midst of combat.
As far as we know, this can only be completed in Modern Warfare multiplayer, but it’s possible it could work in Warzone too. Once we hear something official from the developers about the release of the CX-9 SMG and other leaked weapons, we’ll be sure to update this guide.
Image Credits: Activision & u/MightyJordanb
Attack of the Undead could be returning to COD Mobile
Attack of the Undead could be returning to Call of Duty mobile, as revealed in the most recent test build.
How to get your Twitch 2020 recap
Here's how you can get a full 2020 Twitch recap, showing you your most watched games, streamers, most-popular emotes, and...
Cranked Zombies Tips – Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War has added a new game mode to zombies called "Cranked." Here are a few tips to...