With the launch of Season 5 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone comes a brand new Battle Pass for players to pick up and level through.
The new Battle Pass includes two new free weapons: the ISO SMG (Tier 15) and AN-94 AR (Tier 31).
Alongside the new weapons, players who purchase the Battle Pass will get a brand new Operator for the Season.
Similar to Season 4, there are two tracks: the free and Premium track. Free track will include 20 tiers of content, including the two new weapons. The Premium track introduces new War Tracks, Operator Skins, Blueprints, and more for fans to unlock.
Battle Pass Overview:
The Season Five Battle Pass system enables you to obtain two new weapons: the ISO SMG (Tier 15) and the AN-94 assault rifle (Tier 31) that all players in Modern Warfare including Warzone can earn for free, just for playing the game.
Weapons Inspection: A First Look at Season Five’s Free New Armaments
Players can earn new weapons to utilize during the course of Season Five. Two are available for free within the Battle Pass system for all players:
- ISO SMG (Free Battle Pass System Weapon): A precision crafted 9mm sub machine gun with a rapid rate of fire. Lightweight, reliable and compact, this is designed to control the battlefield at close ranges.
- AN-94 AR (Free Battle Pass System Weapon): A cutting edge 5.45x39mm Russian assault rifle with a unique hyperburst feature: The initial shot of a full-auto volley is followed up by an instantaneous second round before significant recoil is felt. This creates a tightly grouped cluster of shots with increased damage potential. The mechanism is fed by a canted magazine and a reciprocating receiver helps control the recoil.
A Robust Collection of Content when you Purchase Battle Pass
When you purchase the Season Five Battle Pass, you can unlock up to 100 Tiers of exceptional new content, including up to 1,300 COD points (enough to buy the next season’s Battle Pass), and instant unlock – Lerch, the leader of the Shadow Company. Progress through the Battle Pass to earn Operator skins, blueprints, and more.
Battle Pass Instant Unlocks:
- New Operator: Lerch, Shadow Company (Tier 0): Lerch’s initial look – the Operator skin “Behemoth” – becomes increasingly tactical with the “Gargantua” and “Colossus” variants earned by completing his Operators Mission. Lerch is Shadow Company’s leader and a former MARSOC member who received a general discharge under honorable conditions. Barely. Thrives in the private sector where he operates under his own terms.
- Wartracks (Tier 0): Get a trio of songs so you can listen to a variety of Modern Warfare music as you drive through Verdansk. The tracks include “Sepulchre”, an audio assault of bombastic metal previously heard from inside a Juggernaut suit.
- Rodion Operator Skin and Mission (Tier 0): Rodion also shows his alliance to Shadow Company with the “Archangel” skin and Mission.
- XP Boost (Tier 0): Get more XP for your efforts with this 10% XP boost that lasts the duration of the Season.
- Battle Pass Vehicle Highlights: Expect a dark and brooding look to many of the Battle Pass items in-keeping with the arrival of Shadow Company. These include a variety of vehicle skins like the “Tarrasch” (ATV) and “Siege Tower” (Cargo Truck). Continue your matte black vehicle collection with the “Night Ranger” (SUV) skin. Check out all the vehicle skins in the Battle Pass system and equip them in the Vehicle Customization menu.
- Battle Pass Operator Skin Highlights: As well as Lerch’s evolving skin and Rodion’s “Archangel” outfit, expect a number of additional skins (with associated Operator Missions) as you progress through the Battle Pass. There’s the “Safeguard” Otter skin, “Lynx” Domino skin, Joint Task Force Mil-Sim skin, “Honcho” Yegor skin, “Pursuit Special” Wyatt skin, “Chill Pill” Syd skin, “Jackdaw” Talon skin, and the “Cut and Run” skin for Iskra. Lastly, if you’re wanting to defeat a foe with a savaging from the jet-black beak of an attack Raven, be sure to equip the “Nevermore” finisher!
- Battle Pass Blueprint Weapon Highlights: As well as the previously listed free Blueprint weapons, you can earn many more additional Blueprints within the Battle Pass. These include a new melee blueprint, three handguns, two shotguns, three SMGs, two assault rifles, three LMGs, and a sniper rifle.
- Battle Pass Tier 100: The ultimate Season Five Battle Pass reward is the “Rook” skin for Roze, as well as “The Veil” vehicle skin, and more. Shoot for “The Company’s Might”; negative tracer rounds for Assault Rifle Lima to fill your foes with fear as well as projectiles!
The Battle Pass and Battle Pass Bundle can be purchased at any time throughout the Season. If you purchase the Battle Pass Bundle later, it rewards players on all of their previous tier progression, instantly unlocking items that were behind locked tiers while advancing them 20 additional tiers up the Battle Pass system.
Modern Warfare players call for anti-cheat changes to counter DDoS attacks
Modern Warfare players are urging the developers to improve anti-cheat measures in order to counter DDoS attacks.
Modern Warfare 2019 players are frustrated with hackers ruining matches with DDoS attacks and are urging the developers to improve the game’s anti-cheat measures.
Despite being two years old and CoD: Vanguard releasing during that time, Modern Warfare continues to remain extremely popular with a strong player base. However, the game has its fair share of issues.
One major problem that plagues Call of Duty titles is cheaters. Modern Warfare players are frustrated with hackers ruining matches and are calling for the developers to improve their anti-cheat measures.
Reddit user ‘AngryWack’ claimed that they’re quitting Modern Warfare 2019 because of the game’s cheater problem. They encountered multiple hackers who proceeded to ruin different matches.
Two hackers aim-botted the player and another one hit the server with a DDoS attack just for fun. This led to the Redditor becoming fed up with the state of the game and another commenter shared this sentiment:
“Wait for MW2 and uninstall MW 2019 if you don’t want to play it anymore. Trust me, I did the same and I am VERY happy that I did because this game took my sanity, patience, and good times.”
DDoS attacks can make a game impossible to enjoy, so it’s completely understandable why Modern Warfare 2019 players are calling for the developers to counter this with improved anti-cheat measures.
Players are so frustrated with the hacker problem in Modern Warfare that some of the commenters suggested trying out other Call of Duty titles like Black Ops Cold War as an alternative.
You can also check out everything we know about Warzone’s next-gen version for consoles and the return of Warzone’s frustrating Loadout glitch.
Image credits: Activision
How to fix Warzone “friends list not showing” glitch
We have a couple of easy and effective methods to fix Warzone’s glitch that makes it so that your friends list doesn’t show anyone online.
Warzone and Modern Warfare’s long-standing “friends list not showing” glitch that prevents players from showing up on your friends list is still a constant menace after the Pacific update. Here are some solutions to hopefully fix this glitch for you in both Call of Duty games.
It’s undoubtedly frustrating when the only thing you want to do is play a game online, and certain factors are preventing you from doing so. Aside from obvious internet connectivity worries, there is also Warzone’s infamous “Checking for update” bug and Xbox players not even being able to launch the game.
Another issue that continues to haunt players in Warzone Pacific is a glitched friends list that doesn’t allow you to see anyone else online even though they are, and leaves you unable to invite them. As always, we have some ways that might be able to aid you and resolve the problem.
How to make your friends list visible in Warzone and Modern Warfare
You’ll know if the problem is affecting you because when you select Warzone’s social tab and try to inspect your friends, you’ll be hit with “friends list not showing.”
Just to double-check that your friends are indeed online, just quickly open up your general friends list for the console or platform you’re playing on first to check. If they are showing as online, then use our methods to hopefully make them show online on Call of Duty too.
Here are the most efficient ways to get around the glitch.
#1 – Restart Warzone or Modern Warfare
The classic “have you tried turning it off and on again?” Not only is it a way to fix a computer, but it could also cure your temperamental version of Warzone Pacific.
Here’s how you can try this out:
- Simply close Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Restart your respective platform
- Boot up Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Check to see if it now appears
#2 – Link Warzone with Discord
Many players have reported great success by using the official Discord service to link up with their friends and enter games together.
To do link up with Discord:
- All players must have their Discord activity status set to ‘On’
- Make sure you have connected your ‘Battle.net‘ account to Discord
- Have everyone launch Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Then all players should join from the same Discord
Plus, Discord is expected to arrive on PlayStation this year, so it will be even easier to link up with friends cross-platform.
#3 – Create a Group
Another possible workaround is for one person to create a Group, customize it, and invite everyone to join.
This is how to create a Group in Warzone:
- Go to the ‘Social’ tab
- Head to the ‘Groups’ tab
- Press to ‘Create a Group’
- Create a ‘Group Name’ and ‘Group Tag’
- Wait to see if it’s approved
- With a successful Group, invite friends via the Group option
#4 – Turn off Crossplay
We’ve already covered extensively how you can turn off crossplay in Warzone and why you should consider doing it. On top of this, it’s also been doing the trick for some people with Warzone and Modern Warfare game invites.
To do this, simply:
- Make your way into Warzone’s or Modern Warfare’s ‘Options’ setting
- Select your Account
- Switch the ‘Crossplay’ function from enabled to disabled
- Restart the game
- See if it’s worked and whether it has or hasn’t, turn Crossplay back on, and see if the result changes with it
#5 – Simply wait
The easiest and most straightforward idea to try, leave it and hope it fixes itself. Believe it or not, waiting 30-60 seconds could actually fix it and could save you a lot of time than the above fixes.
It won’t work for everyone, but it’s another solution to try and help with this persisting, long-term problem in Warzone and 2019’s Modern Warfare.
Also, check out how to fix the freezing and crashing issues that have been plaguing Xbox players since the Pacific update.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Discord
CoD Points price: How to buy, spend & do they carry over
CoD Points are the official currency of Call of Duty. Check out CoD Point prices, where to buy them, and whether they transfer between games.
Activision’s in-game currency lets players purchase cosmetics for their characters, and we’ve got everything you need to know about CoD Points prices, how to buy them, and all the items you can spend them on.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game, requiring players to spend their own currency named CoD Points to acquire them.
CoD Points can be purchased in-game using the menu systems in games like Vanguard or Warzone or through console marketplaces like the PS Store or Xbox Marketplace.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Vanguard and Warzone offering special Attack on Titan and Christmas skins as well as unique weapon Blueprints for popular weapons, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend CoD Points.
- CoD Points Prices
- How to buy CoD Points
- Where to spend CoD Points
- Do CoD Points carry across games?
- What can I buy with CoD Points
CoD Points prices
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying CoD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas others need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various CoD Points bundles:
- 200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
- 500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
- 15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
How to buy COD Points
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
There are four ways you can buy COD Points:
- PC players can purchase CoD Points on the Battle.net website
- PS4 & PS5 players can purchase CoD Points in the PS Store on their console, or on the PlayStation website
- Xbox Series X, Series S, or One players can buy CoD Points on the Xbox Marketplace on their console, or the official Microsoft Store website
- Select physical retailers stock vouchers and gift cards with a code that players can redeem for CoD Points.
Where to spend CoD Points
Spending your CoD Points is incredibly easy, with players able to purchase cosmetic bundles and Blueprints in the in-game store.
The stores are available in Vanguard, Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare, so you can kit out your character regardless of your preferred title.
Do CoD Points carry over across games?
The good news is that your CoD Points will transfer across your Call of Duty games, as they are linked to your Activision account.
Players who still have CoD Points in their account from Black Ops Cold War don’t need to worry, as they will automatically be in your account when turning to Vanguard.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Vanguard and Warzone Pacific are currently in Season 1 at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 1, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough CoD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
Warzone players call for Raven to steal exciting Apex Legends feature
Warzone players are calling for the developers to add a feature seen in Apex Legends to improve the player experience.
Has Star Wars Battlefront 3 been canceled? Leaks, rumors & everything we know
It's been reported that Star Wars Battlefront 3 isn't in development at DICE, so here's everything we know about the...
Warzone January 26 update patch notes: Buy Station freeze fix, Xbox improvements, more
Warzone has been given a brand new update on January 26 and it seems Raven are focussing on eliminating bugs...