With the launch of Season 6 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone comes a brand new Battle Pass for players to pick up and level through.
The new Battle Pass includes two new free weapons: the SP-R208 marksman rifle (Tier 15) and the AS-VAL assault rifle (Tier 31).
Alongside the new weapons, players who purchase the Battle Pass will get a brand new Operator for the Season immediately, alongside a new Operator Nikolai at Tier 100.
Similar to Season pass seasons, there are two tracks: the free and Premium track. Free track will include 20 tiers of content, including the two new weapons. The Premium track introduces new War Tracks, Operator Skins, Blueprints, and more for fans to unlock.
Here’s a full breakdown of the new Battle Pass Content:
Two Functional Weapons, Licensed War Tracks Highlight Unprecedented Free Battle Pass Content
The Season Six Battle Pass system is one of the most unique collections of content yet, and it all starts with 20 Tiers of free content available for all players within Modern Warfare and Warzone.
War Track Expansion Adds Classic Sounds, Modern Hits through Free Tiers
Across numerous free Tiers, players can unlock multiple new songs to be used as War Tracks, songs that play while driving vehicles in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
With these new tracks, you can blow out your speakers or even throw on music from previous Call of Duty games (Modern Warfare and Black Ops series) for a heavy dose of nostalgia that could complement an intense Battle Royale match.
Here’s some of the songs outside of the Call of Duty universe that can be unlocked and played in game:
“War Track Pack: Hip Hop Edition”:
- Jack Harlow’s “WHATS POPPIN’”
- DMX’s “Ruff Ryders’ Anthem”
- Clipse’s “Grindin’”
Players can also unlock the War Track Pack: EDM Edition which includes three headbanging hits perfect for cruising around Warzone.
Like a Horn or Vehicle Skin, War Tracks can be equipped to specific vehicles within the Vehicle Customization menu. Once in-game, hop into that specific vehicle as its driver and you, as well as all passengers onboard, can listen as the squad cruises to potential victory.
Weapons Inspection: Details of Season Six Battle Pass’ System Free Weapons
Of course, there are also two new functional weapons to earn through free Tiers as well: the SP-R208 marksman rifle (Tier 15) and the AS-VAL assault rifle (Tier 31).
SP-R 208 Marksman Rifle (Free Battle Pass System Weapon)
This bolt-action marksman rifle comes as one of the most accurate weapons in its class and with a breadth of customization options. From alternate ammo choices to bolt assembly changes and more, no matter how this weapon is configured, it’s a powerful yet mobile tool for a marksman on the go.
AS-VAL Assault Rifle (Free Battle Pass System Weapon)
This assault rifle, the 13th member of this weapon category, is a rare Soviet powerhouse chambered in subsonic 9x39mm ammunition and is pre-equipped with an integral suppressor. Combined with the weapon’s high rate of fire, the AS-VAL is built for stealth, accuracy, and high penetration, all on a highly configurable platform.
Purchase the Battle Pass for Even More Content
Upon purchase of the Season Six Battle Pass, the system opens all 100 tiers where an exceptional, unprecedented variety of content can be unlocked.
On top of the 1,300 COD Points throughout all 100 tiers, in the Battle Pass players can unlock Operators in Farah and Nikolai, Double XP and Weapon XP Tokens, weapon charms, watches, stickers, emblems, and calling cards. There are also plenty of skins for Operators and vehicles, over a dozen additional weapon blueprints, and a new Finishing Move.
Battle Pass Instant Unlocks
- New Operator – Farah: An exceptional solider who has known a lifetime of war, the founder and commander of the Urzikstan Liberation Force arrives to Modern Warfare and Warzone as a playable Operator outside of the Campaign. Immediately unlock her “Halmasti” skin upon purchase of the Battle Pass, and complete her included Operator Mission to get her “Jinn” and “Unbroken Will” skins.
- Minotaur Operator Skin and Mission: Minotaur’s “Poloski” skin acts as a memento to Farah’s story in Modern Warfare’s Campaign, with two skin variants and other rewards unlockable via the included Operator Mission.
- “Gilded Arm” Epic Assault Rifle Blueprint: This blueprint for Assault Rifle Hotel replaces the standard chambered in 7.62 Soviet ammunition with a 5.25x39mm 30-Round Magazine. In addition it has a sleek red and white design, and comes equipped with multiple pre-configured attachments, including a Skeleton Stock, for a CQB-like playstyle
- XP Boost (Tier 0): Get more XP for your efforts with this 10% XP boost that lasts the duration of the Season.
Skins, Blueprints, and More Highlights Throughout the Battle Pass
- Operator Skins and Finishing Move: Expect over two dozen skins, including those available through additional Battle Pass Missions, that cover a wide range of Operators across both factions, including “On the Rocks” Gaz, “Off Grid” Domino and, at Tier 90, the “Yenisey” Bale skin. Also, prepare to sic “Edward,” a pet bat, on your enemies with a Finishing Move that bears his name.
- Screwdriver Combat Knife Blueprint: In tandem with the Tier 0 Minotaur skin, the “Innocence Lost” Combat Knife blueprint provides a further reference to a pivotal moment in the game’s Campaign, modelling this variant after a Screwdriver Farah used to save her and her brother’s lives.
- Blueprints: Bolster your arsenal with new blueprint weapons in addition to the “Innocence Lost” melee weapon and the four free blueprints on offer. Blueprints available after Battle Pass purchase include three handguns, three SMGs, three assault rifles, two shotguns, three LMGs, three marksman rifles, and one sniper rifle.
- Vehicle Skins: Get a fresh, Halloween-inspired exterior for four different Warzone vehicles – the “Mutated” ATV, “Flight of Torment” Helicopter, “From the Deep” SUV and “Stained” Tac Rover skins – as part of the Season Six Battle Pass.
Tier 100 – The Ultimate Battle Pass Reward
- New Operator – Nikolai: The leader of the Chimera PMC and now playable, Nikolai is a Russian patriot at heart with a deep love for his country only matched by his love for weaponry. A known fixer who can acquire most anything, anywhere, it’s apt that his skin included at this tier is called “Arms Dealer,” with his “For the Motherland” and “Carcajou” skins available via his included Operator Mission.
- “VSS” Legendary Assault Rifle Blueprint: Complete with dark tracer rounds, this Legendary blueprint of Assault Rifle Mike kits it for highly accurate semi-auto fire thanks to an included high-magnification Optic and SPP 10-Round Mags, which convert the weapon to fire armor-piercing rounds with superb penetration power and damage.
- “Grizzly End” Cargo Truck Skin: Strike terror and fear into your enemies with this Halloween inspired skin, exclusive to those who reach Tier 100 in the Battle Pass.
- Season Six Emblem: Show off the achievement of competing the Season Six Battle Pass with this animated Emblem.
Choose your Battle Pass Path by purchasing one of the two variants:
Battle Pass: Purchase the Battle Pass for 1,000 CP, and you’re granted access to unlock the new Operator Farah, up to 100 Tiers of content, and earn up to 1,300 CP (enough for next Season’s Battle Pass and some) back by playing the game. Head to the Battle Pass tab at the start of Season Six to get a look at all the goods available to be unlocked this Season in the Battle Pass system.
Battle Pass Bundle: Purchase the Battle Pass Bundle for 2,400 CP, which grants access to unlock all 100 tiers and gives you 20 immediately activated tier skips; a saving of 40% versus buying Battle Pass and 20 Tier Skips individually.
How to unlock the Sykov Pistol in Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 2
The Sykov full-auto pistol has finally been added to Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
In a surprise update on April 15, the highly-anticipated Sykov full-auto Pistol was added to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
After players found the Sykov Pistol in Plunder, they were desperate to get their hands on this new Modern Warfare weapon. In an update on April 15, the Sykov Pistol was finally added to the game.
It’s described in-game as a “double-action/single-action sidearm” that “comes with a few custom gunsmith mods that make it an outstanding addition to any arsenal.” From gameplay, we know that these powerful modifications are the full-auto feature and the 80 Round Mags.
With the right attachments, the Sykov pistol is unstoppable at close-range. Here’s everything you need to do to unlock it.
How to unlock the Sykov in Warzone and Modern Warfare
The Sykov Pistol is easy to unlock in Modern Warfare and Warzone, you simply need to get 4 kills while using pistols in 5 different matches.
If you own Modern Warfare, this is the place to do it. Jump into small maps such as Shipment or Shoot House in Hardcore mode, use any pistol, and you’ll be able to one-tap other players with ease.
If you only own Warzone, the challenge will be more difficult but is still very manageable. We recommend jumping into Plunder with some of Warzone’s best pistols. The akimbo Diamattis are still powerhouses, and dual Renettis will also offer similar results.
Also, we recommend you finish the match for progress to count. Leaving the match early can cause issues with the progress not counting, so you can simply get your pistol kills then play on as normal until the match ends.
How to unlock Akimbo for the Sykov pistol
What makes the Sykov so powerful is its Akimbo perk. This isn’t unlocked as a regular challenge, you’ll need to get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
The challenge description is reportedly bugged and will tell you to use the Renetti, but you need to use the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
Again, this challenge is easy in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. We recommend playing Hardcore Shipment and Shoothouse as you’ll get the kills in no time.
For Warzone, we recommend hopping into Plunder. Equip Mo’Money to your Sykov and take close-range fights and you should be able to get at least three kills.
The Sykov’s arrival follows three new maps being added to Modern Warfare – Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. The latter two have been removed but will be returning soon as they still needed more “love.”
- Read more: When is Warzone’s nuke event?
The Sykov is also the first of the unreleased Modern Warfare weapons to have arrived in the game, with the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG still scheduled to arrive.
Ranked up, the Sykov pistol is likely to be a dominant weapon close-range in Warzone, so if the issues with unlocking it are addressed, it’s worth utilizing the upcoming Double XP event to quickly unlock all of the attachments.
Image Credit: Activision
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
What’s the best secondary in Warzone Season 2? Every weapon ranked & tier list
These are the best secondary weapons you can use to complement your primary weapons in Call of Duty: Warzone Season...
Apex Legends devs may rework Crypto if his play rate gets worse
Apex Legends dev reveals hacker Crypto could be receiving a rework in Season 9 if his pick rate gets any...
Resident Evil Village showcase round-up: Demo, trailer, gameplay, Resident Evil 4 VR
The Resident Evil showcase showed off new details including: a Village demo, new gameplay, trailers, Resident Evil 4 VR, and...