Infinity Ward has released a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on Tuesday, October 13.
The Patch Update is version 1.28 and is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The big feature in this update is for PC players. This update will allow PC players to uninstall modes they don’t play. Players have requested this feature as the game’s size continues to expand.
The next major event as part of Season 6 for Modern Warfare and Warzone is The Haunting Event, which begins on Tuesday, October 20. The Haunting introduces a night time map for Warzone with more information on this event is to come soon.
New in this update, PC players can now select which content they’d like installed on their machines. Instructions on how to install specific content below! Before removing installed content, be sure your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game is not running, and the game is not updating.
- Open the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the panel on the left.
- Select the Options menu on the upper lefthand portion of the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Modify Install to open the installation popup.
- Under Game Content, select Modify Install.
- Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall. (Warzone cannot be uninstalled.)
- Special Ops
- Select Confirm.
- Select Start Install.
It is not possible to modify the installed content while updating. If your game is not up to date before you modify your content selection, the size estimates will not be accurate.
Are you on console and want to free up space on your hard drive? Click HERE.
- Ground War
- Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone
- Gun Game TDM
- HQ Firefight – teams can add to their score by capturing the headquarters and also by getting kills
- Removing Blood Money Quads
- Adding Plunder Quads
- Fix for an issue where the “next unlocks” section was showing attachments out of order
- Fixed an issue where teammates could spawn inside a closed off room on Broadcast
- Fix for a bug where viewing the “Nevermore” execution in the menu could sometimes cause the animal model to get stuck
- Fixed a bug where grenades could fall through the floor in the Foreman’s Office while on Mialstor Tank Factory
- Fixed a lighting issue with the “Gilded Arm” variant from the Season Six Battle Pass
- Fix for an issue where players could experience a crash after reaching wave 45 or higher in Survival mode
- Improved stability for PC
- Increased minimum damage at range on the Kar98 in Warzone
- Reduced minimum damage at range on the SP-R 208 in Warzone
- Fixes to help improve volume levels with War Tracks slider
- Fixes to help prevent players from dying while completing the Subway puzzle
- Fix for a bug where players might not be able to access Bunker 11
- Fixed a gas mask bug when players attempt to complete the Station puzzle
- Fix for a bug where using a self-revive near the doors on the subway train, they will clip out of the train but still be transferred to the next station
- Fix for a collision bug near the entrance of the underground road on the West side of the airport
- If a player dies post doors closing of the subway car, they will be pulled out of gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into gulag for a match once it is their turn. This has been fixed
- Fix for an issue where the player’s view could be forcibly moved when exiting a vehicle or parachuting
- Fixed a bug where players could experience a crash after engaging with a Bounty contract
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
‘More content’ coming to Modern Warfare as Season 6 ends
While November 23 marks the end of the Season 6 Battle Pass in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, fans have been wondering about new content for the title.
There has been no official news on what’s next in terms of content for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare after Warzone’s integration with Black Ops Cold War.
The confirmation we have so far is that Modern Warfare will receive a new progression system to match the new system in Black Ops Cold War starting on December 10. Fans can learn more about the Progression system in a detailed blog post.
Now, an Infinity Ward developer has confirmed on Twitter that there is more content planned for Modern Warfare. He says that he’s not aware of the ‘official name’ of the new content, but more is coming.
It’s not clear at this time what the new content will be for Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare continues to be a very popular Call of Duty game, selling over 30 million copies in its first year. Activision has not outlined future plans for the game itself.
Season 6’s Battle Pass officially ended in Modern Warfare & Warzone on November 23. The pass reset timer says 0seconds left.
Warzone will officially be tied to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s system starting on December 10 with a new Classified Experience. Players playing Modern Warfare MP can continue to level up their overall player rank and access the Seasonal Prestige system. They can also contribute toward’s ranking up the Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Battle Pass, but content unlocked is only usable in Black Ops cold War & Warzone.
We’ll keep you updated as more information is announced.
How Modern Warfare progression will change after Season 6
Modern Warfare will integrate with Cold War in December. Here’s how that will work.
Season 6 of Modern Warfare ends on November 23, so what’s next for the title after integration with Black Ops Cold War?
Season 6 appears to be the final season of Modern Warfare. With the launch of Black Ops: Cold War, the focus has been shifted to the new title and Warzone.
It’s not the end of Modern Warfare, however. Season 6 ends on November 23. After that, fans will have to wait until December 10, when Modern Warfare and Warzone integrate with Black Ops Cold War.
This integration will bring a new progression system to the game. Read on to find out how the new progression system works and what’s next for Modern Warfare.
Modern Warfare progression
On December 10, progression will become unified between Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. This means that you’ll now have one rank for all three titles. No matter which game you’re playing, you will rank up on all of them.
This new progression system combines Modern Warfare’s seasonal progression with the classic Prestige system. Every season, once you hit the maximum season level, you will begin your Prestige levels. Season levels will reset every Season, but your progress will resume from the highest Prestige you achieved in the previous Season.
Your current level on Modern Warfare will be scrapped once integration begins. Your Black Ops Cold War rank will now become your rank on Modern Warfare. As you play either Cold War, Warzone, or Modern Warfare, your rank will increase.
Future of Modern Warfare
usually, once a new Call of Duty launches, the population of the previous game begins to dwindle. The majority of players move onto the new game, and only a hardcore few remain on the previous title.
Unified progression might change this. With Warzone being the connecting mode between Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War, weapons from both titles can be used in Warzone.
Warzone is free-to-play and allows players to use weapons from both games, even if they don’t own them. Leveling up weapons and unlocking camos is much easier in multiplayer, so players may return to Modern Warfare’s multiplayer to get attachments for use in Warzone.
Although Black Ops Cold War has released, it’s certainly not the end for Modern Warfare.
Black Ops Cold War UK opening week sales lower than Modern Warfare
The first full week data from the UK on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War sales are out, and the numbers are not as high as 2019’s sales.
The UK game charts, via GamesIndustry, reveals that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s digital downloads were up 39% over Modern Warfare’s 2019 opening.
However, the game’s physical sales were down almost 64% compared to Modern Warfare.
The first week UK charts saw Assassins Creed Valhalla debut at #1 in terms of physical game sales. Some report that this is due to Black Ops Cold War’s digital purchase incentives, and that the game’s physical edition was not available in certain retailers.
Combining the digital and physical sales from launch week, Black Ops Cold War debuts at #1 in the UK charts. But the game’s overall sales didn’t match Modern Warfare’s opening week in the UK.
Data shows the game’s first week sales are down 16% compared to Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare is one of the best selling Call of Duty games of all time. The game’s opening weekend in October 2019 saw $600 million in revenue. The title has gone on to sold well over 30 million copies to date.
And it’s become clear that Warzone’s success could’ve impacted sales for the new titles. Warzone’s integration with Black Ops Cold War is set for December 10. It could be that after the integration, Activision will see higher premium upgrades from players interested in the entire game’s experience.
Activision has not released opening week data for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The company only has said that the game’s day one digital sales were the ‘highest’ in franchise history.
Steam adds support for PS5 DualSense controller
Steam users can now use the new PS5 DualSense controller while playing their favorite games on the platform.
How to unlock and use Prestige Keys in Black Ops Cold War
Prestige Keys are rewards in the Black Ops Cold War progression system. Here is how to unlock and use them.
Black Ops Cold War Competitive Settings V1.01 announced
Call of Duty League has announced the first version of the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Competitive Settings...