Infinity Ward has released a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on Tuesday, October 13.
The Patch Update is version 1.28 and is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The big feature in this update is for PC players. This update will allow PC players to uninstall modes they don’t play. Players have requested this feature as the game’s size continues to expand.
The next major event as part of Season 6 for Modern Warfare and Warzone is The Haunting Event, which begins on Tuesday, October 20. The Haunting introduces a night time map for Warzone with more information on this event is to come soon.
New in this update, PC players can now select which content they’d like installed on their machines. Instructions on how to install specific content below! Before removing installed content, be sure your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game is not running, and the game is not updating.
- Open the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the panel on the left.
- Select the Options menu on the upper lefthand portion of the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Modify Install to open the installation popup.
- Under Game Content, select Modify Install.
- Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall. (Warzone cannot be uninstalled.)
- Special Ops
- Select Confirm.
- Select Start Install.
It is not possible to modify the installed content while updating. If your game is not up to date before you modify your content selection, the size estimates will not be accurate.
Are you on console and want to free up space on your hard drive? Click HERE.
- Ground War
- Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone
- Gun Game TDM
- HQ Firefight – teams can add to their score by capturing the headquarters and also by getting kills
- Removing Blood Money Quads
- Adding Plunder Quads
- Fix for an issue where the “next unlocks” section was showing attachments out of order
- Fixed an issue where teammates could spawn inside a closed off room on Broadcast
- Fix for a bug where viewing the “Nevermore” execution in the menu could sometimes cause the animal model to get stuck
- Fixed a bug where grenades could fall through the floor in the Foreman’s Office while on Mialstor Tank Factory
- Fixed a lighting issue with the “Gilded Arm” variant from the Season Six Battle Pass
- Fix for an issue where players could experience a crash after reaching wave 45 or higher in Survival mode
- Improved stability for PC
- Increased minimum damage at range on the Kar98 in Warzone
- Reduced minimum damage at range on the SP-R 208 in Warzone
- Fixes to help improve volume levels with War Tracks slider
- Fixes to help prevent players from dying while completing the Subway puzzle
- Fix for a bug where players might not be able to access Bunker 11
- Fixed a gas mask bug when players attempt to complete the Station puzzle
- Fix for a bug where using a self-revive near the doors on the subway train, they will clip out of the train but still be transferred to the next station
- Fix for a collision bug near the entrance of the underground road on the West side of the airport
- If a player dies post doors closing of the subway car, they will be pulled out of gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into gulag for a match once it is their turn. This has been fixed
- Fix for an issue where the player’s view could be forcibly moved when exiting a vehicle or parachuting
- Fixed a bug where players could experience a crash after engaging with a Bounty contract
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
How to fix Call of Duty: Warzone Dev Error 6034
If ‘Dev Error 6034’ is preventing you from playing Warzone, follow this simple guide to drop back into Verdansk in no time.
While Warzone Season 1 has seen a plethora of game-breaking exploits and bugs, one issue is preventing PC gamers from playing the battle royale altogether. Here’s how to fix the Dev Error 6034 issue.
Black Ops Cold War x Warzone Season 1 got off to a shaky start with the overpowered DMR 14, pay-to-win MAC-10 blueprint, as well as invisibility exploits and the return of stim glitches. These problems have now been fixed, but further issues have plagued CoD fans.
Xbox players saw the return of the ‘Blackout Trial Has Ended‘ screen, which Charlie Intel has covered a fix for, but ‘Dev Error 6034’ prevents PC players from playing Warzone and Modern Warfare.
The ‘Dev Error 6034’ bug first appeared in Modern Warfare shortly after launch, and because Warzone is connected to MW, battle royale players have encountered it too. If this frustrating error is preventing you from dropping into Verdansk, here’s how to fix it.
How to fix Dev Error 6034
It’s believed that Dev Error 6034 happens when Modern Warfare files become corrupted or unreadable. It sounds scary, but the fix is really quite simple.
A clean reinstall of the game is known to fix the issue, but there’s a much quicker solution. What you have to do is locate specific files in the Modern Warfare folder, delete them, then run a Scan and Repair which will replace the files with the correct versions.
The problem with PC gaming is solving errors like this can be daunting; nobody wants to go into the guts of their game and mess with files. Don’t worry, to make this as stress-free as possible, follow our simple walkthrough below.
- Open the Modern Warfare or Warzone installation folder
- Locate and delete the following files:
- Modern Warfare Launcher.exe
After these files have been deleted, open Battle.net and run Scan and Repair on Modern Warfare/Warzone. It can be found through the ‘Options’ dropdown when the game is selected. These deleted files will now be replaced with working ones, and you can play Warzone again.
To prevent this problem from returning, make sure that Warzone downloads are uninterrupted. Leave your PC on until the download is complete, and avoid pausing and resuming the download when possible.
Image Credits: Activision / u/–SMHK–
Call of Duty player uses musical instruments as a controller
Call of Duty player, DeanoBeano, plays the game with various musical instruments. We had the opportunity to have a brief Q&A with him.
A Call of Duty player has discovered how to use musical instruments as a controller and has even killed enemy players with an assortment of different instruments.
Call of Duty is a game traditionally played with a mouse and keyboard or controller, but not for player DeanoBeano. Deano instead opts to play his Call of Duty games with musical instruments, such as drums, a recorder, and even bongos.
You can see one of his most popular clips below, where he manages to snipe a player in Modern Warfare, while using the drums.
DeanoBeano is clearly a one of a kind player, so we managed to get in contact with him and sit him down for a Q&A, where he details how he’s able to play the game with instruments, how he started, and more.
Q: How do you manage to get instruments to work as remotes?
Deano: I use instruments that I plug in to convert midi signals to keyboard commands, and acoustic instruments I control using pitch to midi, then midi to keyboard commands. The bongos were actually a controller from the GameCube games Donkey Konga and Donkey Kong Bongo Bash. (referring to the above clip)
CI: Can you explain Midi to our readers?
Deano: Midi is a signal that electric instruments send to computers and other instruments and devices that control sound to connect with each other.
Q: What originally gave you the idea to play Call of Duty with instruments?
Deano: I started drumming to gaming montages live on twitch about a year ago, so there was always an ongoing joke that I actually hit the clips with my drums.
Eventually, in August I figured out how to hook up my drums as a controller and after I started doing that, I figured it would be fun to try other instruments and odd controllers too.
Q: What are your future plans? Any new instruments you want to try?
Deano: My plan is to keep making Cold War multiplayer as fun as I can. Playing with a normal controller (especially solo) can be really tiring because of SBMM. I’m always looking at finding new ways to play the game, and I plan on bringing this to other games too. I’ll be using some new instruments and controllers soon.
Q: What’s your favorite instrument to play in games?
Deano: The recorder is my favorite instrument to play with at the moment. It makes the game pretty challenging but every kill and clip I get with it feels so rewarding.
Q: Do you actually play any musical instruments?
Deano: I do! I started with piano when I was a kid and later on picked up drums and got a Bachelor’s degree in music on drums. I play a little bit of trumpet (and recorder I guess haha) but not much.
That’s the end of our interview with Deano. To see more of his content, you can follow him on Twitter and watch his Twitch streams, where he appears to be most active. He also occasionally posts highlights of his streams to his YouTube channel.
How to play TikTok’s viral custom Call of Duty Gun Game mode
Don’t miss out on the new viral TikTok Gun Game sensation in CoD: Modern Warfare and here’s how you can play the custom mode too.
A fascinating new variation of Gun Game has been created and gone viral on TikTok. The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare custom mode has been revealed and we have these crazy settings for you to try out yourself.
It’s a testament to the longevity of Gun Game that gamers can still find ways to make an already legendary game mode even better.
The simplicity of Gun Game is what makes it so addictive and keeps you coming back for more. Well, with this new bespoke set of rules you can now make the mode even deeper and infinitely more stressful.
Custom TikTok Gun Game mode in CoD
From the balanced and equal footing you all start out on to the skill needed to get a kill with every weapon, Gun Game is such a simple concept that never gets old.
Each player starts off with the same weapon and attachments and every time you achieve a kill with your random weapon, you advance to the next weapon. This continues until one player has gotten a kill with every weapon, but if you get knifed, you go back a weapon.
But one of its biggest assets is the fear and dread it can instill in you with the thought of being knifed. Gun Game is all about momentum and so often you’ll have one person surge to double-digits in no time at all, and someone languishing on the starting weapon.
Add in melee kills that can set you back a weapon and the pressure is real.
This takes us to TikTok user thedillygang who has imposed his creation on the Call of Duty community that he calls “Blood Pressure”.
The aptly-named Gun Game creation warrants its name because it will affect your biology, it will sternly test your friendships and relationships, and probably the strudiness of your controller.
Gun Game “Blood Pressure” variation in Modern Warfare
- Scroll to “Private Match
- Then go to Trials & GameBattles at the bottom of Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer options
- Select Custom Game
- Make your way to Game Setup
- Choose a map
- Set mode to Gun Game – it can be found in Alternate Modes
- Go to Game in Game Rules and set the Time Limit to Unlimited
- Go to Player in Game Rules and set Max Health to 300 and Health Regeneration to Very Slow
- Go to Advanced in Game Rules and set Setbacks to 5 Weapons
- Select Option and make sure you save the mode for future use
- Play it and try not to throw your controller
Let’s be honest, if you’re playing this chaotic mode with your friends then it’s inevitable you’re all going to be trying to knife each other. So let’s reserve the violence for the video game, and enjoy this evil mode.
This can only be played in Modern Warfare at the moment due to the fact that Black Ops Cold War hasn’t added Gun Game yet. But when BOCW does indeed get the mode, then be sure to try Blood Pressure out.
Image credits: Activision Blizzard
CDL Kickoff Classic 2021: Stream, schedule, teams
The 2021 Call of Duty League season starts with the CDL Kickoff Classic, a 12-team exhibition event with matches voted...
Opinion: Call of Duty: Warzone desperately needs anti-cheat for its competitive future
Warzone's successful competitive future is all in Activision's hands.
New Firebase Z teasers reveal more information about returning Zombies characters
Treyarch has released more teasers regarding characters featured in the new Black Ops Cold War Zombies map, "Firebase Z".