Infinity Ward is releasing a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on November 9 at 11PM PT.
The new patch update, which is version 1.29, is live for pre-load for all players on PlayStation 4. The update is a 33GB file on PS4. Pre-load is not available on Xbox or PC.
The update goes live at 11PM PT on Nov. 9 on all platforms.
Infinity Ward has revealed that the new update will reduce the overall game’s size on all platforms by 25GB. The update will include a new way to separate out high resolution textures into asset packs. In addition, the update is set to bring support for next-generation consoles launching soon.
PATCH NOTES – November 9:
- Ground War
- TDM Snipers Only
- Hardpoint Hills and Kills
- Shipment 24/7
- Shoot House 24/7
- BR Solos, Duos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
We’re excited to launch a beta version of Private Warzone matches! This requires various player counts to start the match and we have three modes available:
- BR – 50 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Plunder – 30 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Mini BR – 24 players required
Please share any bugs you encounter along with your feedback!
- Fix for a bug where, when reviving a fallen teammate as the round ends in Survival, users can become stuck in third person
- Fixed an issue where some players were seeing the error code: “HK:s=373408m=54293536:10635584”
- Fix for the Gaz Operator challenge where players are unable to complete the first objective in the Season 4 Gaz Operator Bundle Mission “win 3 Gulag fights as Gaz”
- Fix for an issue where officer challenges 90 – 100 have been resetting after completion, preventing players from getting the last Season 6 Emblem
- In the Safehouse Finale of SP, at the Killstreak Chopper checkpoint, when using the zoom button the camera will zoom in and out
- Players using the Juggernaut will not hear the drilling audio when hit by the Phlembotomizer throwing knife. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the player could have the Spotter Scope effect when not ADSing with it by picking up 2 weapons while looking with the scope
- Fixed a bug where helicopters could spin and float in the air after progressing in Survival
- Fixes to help prevent players from going AFK in Gunfight
- LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and Marksmen Rifles will now rotate as intended in Gunfight
- Fix for an issue where players that die right before an HQ is disabled and watch the full killcam do not spawn in as intended
- M4 Tombstone: Fix for a bug where adding the .458 SOCOM or the 9mm Para 32-Round Mags removes them from the weapon model
- Tracer Pack: Sakura Edition- Maruyama – The dynamic icon appears to have a minor gap between the barrel and body of the weapon when the Compensator is equipped on the FTAC 13.5″ Compact barrel. This has been fixed
- To help with patch sizes and disk space, high-resolution textures will now be downloaded while playing, using On-Demand Textures Streaming:
- On-Demand Textures Streaming is located in the Options, under the Graphics tab and in the Details & Textures section.
- It will only kick-in for users playing with Texture Resolution set to High.
- It streams textures for Operators and Weapons.
- You can control the daily texture streaming limit and the size of your cache
- You can learn more about Texture Streaming HERE
- Fix for a bug where a Premium user with only Warzone installed, can select a trial on a MP map, which can result in a crash
- Fix for a bug where PC players were able to select a custom loadout in Snipers Only
- Fixes for an issue where some Activision account names were being applied to different profiles in the friends list
- Survival mode now has its own DLC package. To access Survival, a player has to install both Special Ops and Survival
- Fixes to help fight against weapon corruption while in Spectator mode
- The gas from the Gas Grenade can sometimes obscure or completely hide players from thermal scopes
- Fixed an exploit near the Lozoff Pass Metro Station
- Armored Royale: Fixed a bug where dropping a truck redeployment flare into the service entrance of the subway can cause the truck to parachute underground
- While in Plunder, players parachutes will now auto deploy to help prevent against exploits
- Fix for an exploit with the Durable Gas Mask
- Fixed an audio bug where no overheat audio was playing when using the minigun on the helicopter
- When the player is using Bumper Ping as their button layout, the player will be unable to switch between the Gas Grenade and EMP Blast, resulting in them only able to use the gas grenade. This has been fixed
- When sitting in passenger seat of a helicopter and using the minigun, priming a lethal while simultaneously switching seats will break the players viewmodel. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players are unable to equip other War Tracks after selecting “Random”
- Removed Juggernauts from Bunker puzzles
Modern Warfare devs make secret TTK change with major health boost
Modern Warfare players believe Infinity Ward have made a major TTK adjustment, adding health to players in Ground War.
Modern Warfare players have discovered that Infinity Ward have made a secret change to the game’s Ground War mode, giving players a major health boost.
Modern Warfare dropped all the way back in 2019, yet remains popular with fans even three years later. With the next Call of Duty title set to be Modern Warfare 2, it’s no surprise that people are jumping back onto Infinity Ward’s last offering.
Even though the developers are hard at work finishing up MW2, it seems that Infinity Ward isn’t finished with Modern Warfare just yet, and still drops updates on the game fairly regularly.
The game’s last update dropped alongside Warzone Season 3 Reloaded, but didn’t include extensive patch notes for players to read. After playing the game though, YouTuber and CoD expert JGOD has discovered a secret change that changes Ground War massively.
In a tweet posted on May 29, JGOD revealed that after playing Ground War, he believed that Infinity Ward had raised the base health in the mode.
To prove this, he used the RAM-7, explaining that at 100HP, it should kill in four shots. In Ground War though, it took six bullets. This suggests that the mode’s base health has been increased to 150HP.
JGOD wasn’t the only player who noticed this change, with many replying that they had felt something was different too. “I knew they did something with the recent update,” tweeted one, while TrapGodTO admitted he felt the “time-to-kill had went up” too.
A higher TTK means it is harder to kill opponents, as you need to hit more shots accurately to wipe them out. The reason for this change remains unknown, but that hasn’t stopped players from speculating.
Some believe this change is directly linked to Warzone, where Raven buffed HP in Rebirth Island with the Reloaded patch. Others think Infinity Ward are testing different base healths for Modern Warfare 2. If that is the case, it’s likely we will have to wait for a multiplayer beta for confirmation.
Image credit: Infinity Ward
Which packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer? Full list
Modern Warfare is a huge game that players need a lot of storage for. Luckily, only certain Modern Warfare packs are needed for Multiplayer.
Knowing what data packs you need to download to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer can be quite confusing, so we put together a detailed list of what you need and how much space it takes up.
Call of Duty’s Multiplayer has been a fan favorite mode of the franchise pretty much since it was released, and although Modern Warfare isn’t the latest installment, players are still enjoying it.
With the Call of Duty games evolving every year, it’s only natural that the data needed is larger. Therefore, some players may be wondering what data packs they need solely for the Multiplayer mode.
What packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer?
In recent history, the developers have allowed players to pick and choose what data to download due to the huge amount of storage that the games take up.
This way, players who only play the Multiplayer can uninstall the data for the campaign and any other extra modes. This is great, as it prevents storage from being taken up modes you don’t play.
Luckily there isn’t much that players actually need to play Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
Here’s a list of all the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs you need to have downloaded:
- Base Game: 88.7 GB
- Multiplayer pack: 6.0 GB
- Multiplayer pack 2: 19.9 GB
- Multiplayer and Special Ops Pack: 21.3 GB
In total, this comes to 135.9 GB big and will require a sizable amount of your console storage.
For those on Xbox One, you will need all three of the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs mentioned above to run the Multiplayer mode.
For those on PC or PlayStation, you only need Data Pack 1 and the Multiplayer Pack 2 in order to run Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
So, for those who are either bored of Warzone like some popular streamers have been lately, you may want to head back over to the classic Multiplayer and give the new CX-9 SMG a try. With that being said, these are the data packs you’ll need to do so.
For more on Call of Duty, stay tuned on Charlie INTEL and check out our article on the best PC Settings for Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credits: Raven Software / Activision
Modern Warfare 2 shown to NFL prospects: Title confirmed & first impressions
As top prospects prepare for the NFL draft, they’re getting a first look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 during a private CoD event.
NFL draft prospects are giving their first impressions of Modern Warfare 2 as they get an exclusive look at the new Call of Duty title.
Although Vanguard Season 3 has only just begun, Call of Duty players are already looking forward to the next installment in the franchise. The Modern Warfare series is beloved by many players across the globe, thus the excitement for Modern Warfare 2 is high.
There are certainly a ton of rumors beginning to swirl but thanks to a private CoD event for some of the NFL’s top draft prospects, we received an official title for the game as well as first impressions from the players lucky enough to sneak a peek.
We’ve known for a while that the next Call of Duty title is set to be a sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. Given the sequel association, most people began calling it Modern Warfare II. While this was in the right ballpark, the event finally confirmed that the title will be Modern Warfare 2.
In addition to title confirmation of the Infinity Ward developed game, several top prospects from the upcoming NFL draft took to social media to share thoughts and opinions on their first look at Modern Warfare 2.
The list of NFL prospects who got a glimpse of Modern Warfare 2 includes Ahmad Gardner, Aidan Hutchinson, and Bo Melton. Both Melton and Hutchinson posted pictures of themselves at the Las Vegas event.
Meanwhile, Gardner offered more details concerning the footage and claimed that “it was so realistic, it’s insane.” This lines up with a statement from an Activision briefing that claimed Modern Warfare 2 would be “the most advanced experience in franchise history.”
Only time will tell if this positive perception will hold up but CoD fans have a lot to be excited about.
For more on the upcoming CoD title, check out how a leaker claims SBMM will be reworked in Modern Warfare 2 or potential major changes to Perks.
Image Credit: Activision
Best Fortnite Hide & Seek codes: July 2022
The Creative library of Fortnite consists of a wide range of mini-games that add an element of excitement amongst the...
Best AS44 loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 4
Here are the attachments, Perks, and Equipment you need to make the best AS44 loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 4.
Surprise Warzone AR is Season 4’s easiest weapon to use
A surprising Warzone AR is set to challenge the NZ-41 as the top long-range Warzone weapon in Season 4 thanks...