Infinity Ward is releasing a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on November 9 at 11PM PT.
The new patch update, which is version 1.29, is live for pre-load for all players on PlayStation 4. The update is a 33GB file on PS4. Pre-load is not available on Xbox or PC.
The update goes live at 11PM PT on Nov. 9 on all platforms.
Infinity Ward has revealed that the new update will reduce the overall game’s size on all platforms by 25GB. The update will include a new way to separate out high resolution textures into asset packs. In addition, the update is set to bring support for next-generation consoles launching soon.
PATCH NOTES – November 9:
- Ground War
- TDM Snipers Only
- Hardpoint Hills and Kills
- Shipment 24/7
- Shoot House 24/7
- BR Solos, Duos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
We’re excited to launch a beta version of Private Warzone matches! This requires various player counts to start the match and we have three modes available:
- BR – 50 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Plunder – 30 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Mini BR – 24 players required
Please share any bugs you encounter along with your feedback!
- Fix for a bug where, when reviving a fallen teammate as the round ends in Survival, users can become stuck in third person
- Fixed an issue where some players were seeing the error code: “HK:s=373408m=54293536:10635584”
- Fix for the Gaz Operator challenge where players are unable to complete the first objective in the Season 4 Gaz Operator Bundle Mission “win 3 Gulag fights as Gaz”
- Fix for an issue where officer challenges 90 – 100 have been resetting after completion, preventing players from getting the last Season 6 Emblem
- In the Safehouse Finale of SP, at the Killstreak Chopper checkpoint, when using the zoom button the camera will zoom in and out
- Players using the Juggernaut will not hear the drilling audio when hit by the Phlembotomizer throwing knife. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the player could have the Spotter Scope effect when not ADSing with it by picking up 2 weapons while looking with the scope
- Fixed a bug where helicopters could spin and float in the air after progressing in Survival
- Fixes to help prevent players from going AFK in Gunfight
- LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and Marksmen Rifles will now rotate as intended in Gunfight
- Fix for an issue where players that die right before an HQ is disabled and watch the full killcam do not spawn in as intended
- M4 Tombstone: Fix for a bug where adding the .458 SOCOM or the 9mm Para 32-Round Mags removes them from the weapon model
- Tracer Pack: Sakura Edition- Maruyama – The dynamic icon appears to have a minor gap between the barrel and body of the weapon when the Compensator is equipped on the FTAC 13.5″ Compact barrel. This has been fixed
- To help with patch sizes and disk space, high-resolution textures will now be downloaded while playing, using On-Demand Textures Streaming:
- On-Demand Textures Streaming is located in the Options, under the Graphics tab and in the Details & Textures section.
- It will only kick-in for users playing with Texture Resolution set to High.
- It streams textures for Operators and Weapons.
- You can control the daily texture streaming limit and the size of your cache
- You can learn more about Texture Streaming HERE
- Fix for a bug where a Premium user with only Warzone installed, can select a trial on a MP map, which can result in a crash
- Fix for a bug where PC players were able to select a custom loadout in Snipers Only
- Fixes for an issue where some Activision account names were being applied to different profiles in the friends list
- Survival mode now has its own DLC package. To access Survival, a player has to install both Special Ops and Survival
- Fixes to help fight against weapon corruption while in Spectator mode
- The gas from the Gas Grenade can sometimes obscure or completely hide players from thermal scopes
- Fixed an exploit near the Lozoff Pass Metro Station
- Armored Royale: Fixed a bug where dropping a truck redeployment flare into the service entrance of the subway can cause the truck to parachute underground
- While in Plunder, players parachutes will now auto deploy to help prevent against exploits
- Fix for an exploit with the Durable Gas Mask
- Fixed an audio bug where no overheat audio was playing when using the minigun on the helicopter
- When the player is using Bumper Ping as their button layout, the player will be unable to switch between the Gas Grenade and EMP Blast, resulting in them only able to use the gas grenade. This has been fixed
- When sitting in passenger seat of a helicopter and using the minigun, priming a lethal while simultaneously switching seats will break the players viewmodel. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players are unable to equip other War Tracks after selecting “Random”
- Removed Juggernauts from Bunker puzzles
‘More content’ coming to Modern Warfare as Season 6 ends
While November 23 marks the end of the Season 6 Battle Pass in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, fans have been wondering about new content for the title.
There has been no official news on what’s next in terms of content for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare after Warzone’s integration with Black Ops Cold War.
The confirmation we have so far is that Modern Warfare will receive a new progression system to match the new system in Black Ops Cold War starting on December 10. Fans can learn more about the Progression system in a detailed blog post.
Now, an Infinity Ward developer has confirmed on Twitter that there is more content planned for Modern Warfare. He says that he’s not aware of the ‘official name’ of the new content, but more is coming.
It’s not clear at this time what the new content will be for Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare continues to be a very popular Call of Duty game, selling over 30 million copies in its first year. Activision has not outlined future plans for the game itself.
Season 6’s Battle Pass officially ended in Modern Warfare & Warzone on November 23. The pass reset timer says 0seconds left.
Warzone will officially be tied to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s system starting on December 10 with a new Classified Experience. Players playing Modern Warfare MP can continue to level up their overall player rank and access the Seasonal Prestige system. They can also contribute toward’s ranking up the Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Battle Pass, but content unlocked is only usable in Black Ops cold War & Warzone.
We’ll keep you updated as more information is announced.
How Modern Warfare progression will change after Season 6
Modern Warfare will integrate with Cold War in December. Here’s how that will work.
Season 6 of Modern Warfare ends on November 23, so what’s next for the title after integration with Black Ops Cold War?
Season 6 appears to be the final season of Modern Warfare. With the launch of Black Ops: Cold War, the focus has been shifted to the new title and Warzone.
It’s not the end of Modern Warfare, however. Season 6 ends on November 23. After that, fans will have to wait until December 10, when Modern Warfare and Warzone integrate with Black Ops Cold War.
This integration will bring a new progression system to the game. Read on to find out how the new progression system works and what’s next for Modern Warfare.
Modern Warfare progression
On December 10, progression will become unified between Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. This means that you’ll now have one rank for all three titles. No matter which game you’re playing, you will rank up on all of them.
This new progression system combines Modern Warfare’s seasonal progression with the classic Prestige system. Every season, once you hit the maximum season level, you will begin your Prestige levels. Season levels will reset every Season, but your progress will resume from the highest Prestige you achieved in the previous Season.
Your current level on Modern Warfare will be scrapped once integration begins. Your Black Ops Cold War rank will now become your rank on Modern Warfare. As you play either Cold War, Warzone, or Modern Warfare, your rank will increase.
Future of Modern Warfare
usually, once a new Call of Duty launches, the population of the previous game begins to dwindle. The majority of players move onto the new game, and only a hardcore few remain on the previous title.
Unified progression might change this. With Warzone being the connecting mode between Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War, weapons from both titles can be used in Warzone.
Warzone is free-to-play and allows players to use weapons from both games, even if they don’t own them. Leveling up weapons and unlocking camos is much easier in multiplayer, so players may return to Modern Warfare’s multiplayer to get attachments for use in Warzone.
Although Black Ops Cold War has released, it’s certainly not the end for Modern Warfare.
Black Ops Cold War UK opening week sales lower than Modern Warfare
The first full week data from the UK on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War sales are out, and the numbers are not as high as 2019’s sales.
The UK game charts, via GamesIndustry, reveals that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s digital downloads were up 39% over Modern Warfare’s 2019 opening.
However, the game’s physical sales were down almost 64% compared to Modern Warfare.
The first week UK charts saw Assassins Creed Valhalla debut at #1 in terms of physical game sales. Some report that this is due to Black Ops Cold War’s digital purchase incentives, and that the game’s physical edition was not available in certain retailers.
Combining the digital and physical sales from launch week, Black Ops Cold War debuts at #1 in the UK charts. But the game’s overall sales didn’t match Modern Warfare’s opening week in the UK.
Data shows the game’s first week sales are down 16% compared to Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare is one of the best selling Call of Duty games of all time. The game’s opening weekend in October 2019 saw $600 million in revenue. The title has gone on to sold well over 30 million copies to date.
And it’s become clear that Warzone’s success could’ve impacted sales for the new titles. Warzone’s integration with Black Ops Cold War is set for December 10. It could be that after the integration, Activision will see higher premium upgrades from players interested in the entire game’s experience.
Activision has not released opening week data for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The company only has said that the game’s day one digital sales were the ‘highest’ in franchise history.
How to get Red Dead Online standalone
Rockstar has announced that Red Dead Online will be a standalone game. Here's how to get your copy.
Black Ops Cold War Nov 24 Update: Nuketown & 2XP
Nuketown '84 has arrived. Free for everyone. Let the mayhem begin!
How to see players through walls in Call of Duty Warzone
These watches are allowing players to see their enemies through walls in Call of Duty: Warzone.