A new patch for Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360 is now available for download when loading up the game.
For customers who preordered Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox 360 and PS3, the update unlocks the Ghosts Personalization Pack.
Full patch notes:
- 6 new Personalization Packs are now available as downloadable content. Each pack comes loaded with 1 camo, 1 themed calling card and 3 unique reticles. (Xbox 360 only)
- Season Pass holders will now be reminded to download Season Pass content which they haven’t previously downloaded.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Improved stability when pressing buttons during a Theater mode screenshot.
- Screenshots taken during Theater mode from a match on Uplink will no longer become corrupt.
Multiplayer Game Balancing
- AN-94: Damage slightly reduced.
- DSR 50: Rate of fire reduced.
- Ballista: Rate of fire slightly reduced.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Players are no longer able to access unintended areas using the Trample Steam and the Elevator.
Mob of the Dead
- Pack-A-Punch version of the Raygun Mark II now displays the correct skin.
- Players are no longer able to pass over the Mansion fence using invisible collision.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to duplicate candy and booze when in dying in a specific staircase.
- Players are no longer able to stand on invisible collision near the Stables and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to hold the top of the Bank for an extended period of time using the Paralyzer and the Vulture-Aid perk.
- Players are no longer able to position buildables in the General Store and become free from zombie attack.
- Players no longer get stuck at the bottom of the slide when using Dive-To-Prone.
- Addressed multiple issues where Players were able to throw themselves into walls using the Trample Steam and become free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to reach unintended collision on the 2nd Floor balcony of the Saloon.
- Addressed an issue where Players could be free from zombie attack when holding a claymore and looking downward, when standing next to a Mystery Box.
- Players are no longer able to launch themselves out of the level near the Saloon using the Paralyzer.
- Fixed multiple issues where the Friendly AI would get stuck while holding a crawler zombie when above the General Store, in the Bank, in the Courthouse, in the Mansion, or the 2nd Floor of the Barn.
- The Friendly AI no longer gets stuck when bringing the Mystery Box from the Hedge Maze to the Town, and vice versa.
- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck if a Player gives him Candy and then enters the Fountain.
- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI and zombies were going through a door in the Hedge Maze and getting stuck near a Mystery Box.
- The Mystery Box now functions properly when Players give the Friendly AI candy and then activate the box.
- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI would freeze and become unresponsive if he was hit by a high damage weapon while performing a turn animation.
- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck in the Mansion if the Player has him take the rear entrance to the Mansion, near the Hedge Maze.
- The Friendly AI no longer gets stuck on top of the Saloon if the Player shoots him while carrying candy or booze.
- Fixed an issue where the Vulture-Aid Mystery Box indicator would permanently remain at box locations if the Player used the Friendly AI to bring the box to that location.
- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck if he’s hit with a high damage weapon during his flinch animation.
- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI would become stuck when fed candy to retrieve buildables in the Saloon, prior to opening the front door and the debris blocking the staircase.
- Zombies no longer get stuck in the ground outside the Mortuary by the Mystery Box location.
- Fixed an issue where Players would occasionally spawn under the map in a 4-Player game.
- Zombies now path to the correct location when Players stand in Vulture-Aid stink.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to launch themselves on top of ghosts using the Paralyzer and be free from attack for a short period of time.
- Players are no longer able to access unintended areas in the Mansion using the Trample Steam and the Paralyzer.
- Zombies no longer get stuck on a window in the Sheriff’s building.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to get the Double Points upgrade when withdrawing money from the Bank with Double Points active.
- Zombies no longer get stuck behind one of the repairable barriers in the Saloon.
- Fixed an issue where Players would die if they jumped into the broken fountain at the same time.
- Player’s camera no longer jitters when standing in a specific spot in the Barn.
- Fixed an issue where zombies would path away from the Player if they stood in a certain spot just outside the Saloon.
- Ghosts can no longer exit the Mansion using the slide, during a non-Ghost round.
- Fixed a Solo-play issue where falling down the spiral staircase would occasionally kill the Player, even if they had the Quick Revive perk.
- The Time Bomb now functions correctly if the Player has both the Time Bomb and the Monkey Bomb in their inventory.
- Fixed multiple issues in Grief, where Players would spawn in Last Stand when respawning in the Stables, Candy Shop, Church, alongside the Saloon, outside the General Store, or on the Mansion-side of the map.
- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to get stuck in a tree outside the Mansion.
- Fixed an issue with zombies occasionally getting stuck when dropping down to the Gazebo stairs.
- The Speed Cola Machine is now properly positioned in the General Store during Grief.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to trigger ghosts without fully dropping down into the Mansion.
- Zombies who turn into ghosts now enter the Hedge Maze properly.
- Players can no longer trigger Ghosts during a non-Ghost round when entering the Mansion from the rear.
- Players can no longer get on top of the General Store purchasable couch using the Paralyzer, and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an exploit where zombies couldn’t path to Players who stood on the purchasable couch in the Saloon.
- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to access the top of a Mansion fence and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to stand on the cart outside of the Courthouse and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to access invisible collision in-between the Gun Shop and the Saloon with the Paralyzer.
- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to access unintended collision behind the Mansion and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to launch themselves onto unintended collision in the Courthouse and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to stand on a scaffolding near the purchasable LSAT and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to use a combination of the Trample Steam and the Paralyzer inside the Church to become free from zombie attack
SOURCE: Call of Duty HQ
Is Black Ops 2 being remastered? Rumors & leaks
Fans have been wondering for sometime if CoD: Black Ops 2 is going to be remastered, and we’ll answer that today.
Several Call of Duty games have received the remaster treatment in recent years, and it’s left fans wondering if the mega-popular Black Ops 2 will get one. Here are all the latest rumors and leaks regarding a Black Ops 2 remaster.
The popularity of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 simply cannot be understated with the game being considered the greatest of all time by many. But fast-forward to 2021, and players want to know if this beloved entry in the CoD franchise will be remastered.
The premise of Call of Duty remasters was kickstarted by the 2016 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered title. Since then, we’ve also had the Modern Warfare 2 campaign be remastered, and there are rumors of Modern Warfare 3 being remastered, despite Activision saying it isn’t.
Is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 being remastered?
From what we understand, no, not at this time. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that any form of Black Ops remaster is in the works.
Naturally, people would think that Treyarch’s Black Ops may receive the same love that the Modern Warfare franchise has gotten, but alas it doesn’t seem to be the case.
Why isn’t Black Ops 2 being remastered?
We believe there could be two strong reasons for Black Ops 2 not being remastered, one being that it would oversaturate the CoD market, and also that we’ve already seen a few of its maps recently.
One of the problems 2016’s Infinite Warfare suffered from is that it released with the full Call of Duty 4 remaster, and consequently, the player base was divided between the two games.
Furthermore, Black Ops Cold War featured no less than seven Black Ops 2 map remasters throughout its multiple seasons, and they feel too fresh in the memory to warrant a remaster of the multiplayer.
We could see a remaster of the Black Ops campaigns, following the successful rerelease of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign.
Activision may have some surprises and remasters up their sleeves, but for the time being, we can only speculate and ask you to keep checking in to see if anything becomes official.
Also, check out everything we know about Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Infinity Ward announces new Austin office as studio gears up for CoD 2022
The original Call of Duty developer, Infinity Ward, is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas for CoD 2022.
One of the three developers behind the Call of Duty franchise is getting a new office. Infinity Ward is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas, in preparation for CoD 2022.
Infinity Ward is the developer behind the original Call of Duty game. Activision founded Infinity Ward in 2002, with the first Call of Duty title being released in 2003. This birthed one of the most iconic video game franchises to date.
Infinity Ward would go on to develop Call of Duty 2 in 2005 before alternating developers. Now, Infinity Ward is known for developing the Modern Warfare titles, which are released roughly every three years.
With Infinity Ward releasing the last Modern Warfare title in 2019, the developer is gearing up for another release in 2022. We don’t know what CoD 2022 will be just yet, but we do know that Infinity Ward is expanding its operations with a new office.
Infinity Ward Austin Texas office
Today, Infinity Ward announced via Twitter that it would be opening a new office in Austin, Texas. This would be the fourth development hub for the company, with the other three being located in Los Angeles, Poland, and Mexico.
- Read More: Warzone Season 6 will be the end of Verdansk
This also means that Infinity Ward is hiring. According to Infinity Ward, the Austin office is currently hiring for all positions, and you can find all of the available jobs posted on the Infinity Ward website.
Call of Duty: Vanguard releases in less than a month. It’s taking players back to WWII, where Infinity Ward is expected to bring the franchise back to modern times, with CoD 2022 speculated to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
That being said, we have no official idea what to expect from Infinity Ward going into 2022, but with the significant success of Modern Warfare 2019, it will no doubt be a Call of Duty game plenty of players will love.
Regardless, Infinity Ward is planning something big, and the new office proves just that. So, if Vanguard isn’t your cup of tea, CoD 2022 is just a year away.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward / Activision
Biggest AAA video games coming in 2022: PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, Stadia & Steam
2022 could be a huge year for video games and here’s all the biggest titles coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and more – with dates.
2022 is shaping up to be a massive year for video games. Between franchises such as God of War, Gran Turismo, Horizon, Pokemon, and Harry Potter, the PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and Stadia have some mammoth titles to host. Here’s an extensive look into the biggest games and potential release dates too.
The beginning of 2022 will signal over a year since the PS5, and Xbox Series X took video games to the ninth generation of consoles. Developers have had plenty of time to chew the fat and harness the power of the consoles to create immense AAA experiences.
There’s also plenty of mileage left for the Nintendo Switch, and of course, PC, Stadia, and Steam are always on the march.
PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC, Steam & Stadia video games in 2022
Some genuinely iconic franchises and household names are expected to launch video games in 2022, so here’s a look at the top AAA video games coming in 2022.
God of War: Ragnarok release date: 2022
Players got a juicy look at the next epic adventure in Santa Monica’s God of War franchise during the 2021 PlayStation Experience. Kratos and Atreus are set to battle with Freya, possibly Thor, and their own demons.
God of War Ragnarok looks like it’s expanded upon the reboot to incorporate more NPCs, more spectacular gameplay, and a gripping narrative that will test the bond between father and son.
Horizon Forbidden West release date: February 18, 2022
Aloy is one of the standout protagonists in gaming during modern times, and her post-apocalyptic adventures are set to continue in Horizon Forbidden West.
She seeks to uncover even more truth and learn about the state of the world she resides in, all the while battling even more dangerous robotic creatures and nature itself.
Elden Ring release date: January 21, 2022
One of the first games to arrive in 2022, Elden Ring is the next sinister and challenging game to come from the sadistic bunch at FromSoftware.
Their track record at producing brutal yet satisfying RPGs will be tested in the form of Elden Ring, their newest ‘Souls’ game. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, there seems to be a much deeper emphasis on the story with Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin on board to help with the narrative.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus release date: January 28, 2022
Unlike the typical dual-releases that Pokemon specializes in, Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a standalone game that continues the growth shown in recent, mainline Pokemon titles.
Embracing the open-world nature of 2020’s Pokemon Sword and Shield, Arceus is a brand new adventure that will involve all the familiar, beloved elements of Pokemon games: obtaining them, training them, leveling them, and catching them all!
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction release date: January 2022
Another spin-off, this time from the team at Ubisoft as they take a drastic turn away from the realism of simulated combat.
Instead, Rainbow Six Extraction delves into the world of the unknown, and non-human, as teams of three pull together to take down alien creatures called Archaeans. It will feature lots of the same gameplay mechanics and Operators from Siege, but with a darker, deadly twist.
Dying Light 2 release date: February 4, 2022
The long-awaited sequel to the hit 2015 survival-adventure game, Dying Light 2 promises to bring more parkour-zombie-survival action that made the first such a breakout success.
Offering more open-world exploration, the player must scavenge, forge friendships (and weapons), and deal with both friendly and hostile forces.
As with the first Dying Light, players need to make the most of the precious daylight before night strikes, as the undead gets a bit more fidgety and murderous.
Gran Turismo 7 release date: March 4, 2022
Polyphony Digital is infamous for taking their time between each Gran Turismo release to ensure every one is as polished as can be, and the PS5 looks set to make Gran Turismo 7 one of the best-looking games ever.
Like with God of War Ragnarok, the 2021 PlayStation Experience gave fans a glimpse into the high-speed action they can expect with Gran Turismo 7.
It’s learned from its predecessor’s mistakes and will launch with a complete career mode, and could be a bonafide system-seller for Sony and the PlayStation brand.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 could easily be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
Breath of the Wild took the world by storm in 2017 with its rich, expressive world that deviated from the conventions of traditional Zelda games. Many millions of copies sold later, and fans everywhere are desperate for the next chapter for Link in this gorgeous, sprawling version of Hyrule.
Call of Duty 2022 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a year of video games without a major Call of Duty release, and we expect 2022 to be no different.
Given that there’s already a buzz about Call of Duty 2023, we would say it’s safe to assume that another Call of Duty game will release in 2022.
With Vanguard being set in World War 2, rumors are rife that the 2022 Call of Duty will be a Modern Warfare sequel.
Gotham Knights release date: 2022
A Gotham City without the caped crusader is a strange thought, but that’s the threat that faces it as Bruce Wayne is dead.
In Batman’s place, his former proteges need to step up and protect Gotham, batting away any threats of crime perpetrated by some of its most evil supervillains. Featuring co-operative mode, players can take control of these plucky heroes and hopefully do Batman proud.
Hogwarts Legacy release date: 2022
There have been many Harry Potter movie tie-in games, but there still hasn’t been an authentic RPG experience that lets you become your own wizard – until now.
Hogwarts Legacy will let fans worldwide finally live out their dream of attending Hogwarts, and the game allows players to select their House, the classes they do, and customize their character, all the while fighting monsters and completing quests.
That completes our guide to the biggest and most anticipated video games that are due to arrive in 2022.
For all the latest news and guides on these games and more, stay with us at Charlie INTEL!
Image Credit: Avalanche Software, WB Games Montreal, Nintendo, Polyphony Digital, Techland, Game Freak, FromSoftware, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Ubisoft
Warzone Iron Trials ’84 mode: Return date, new ruleset, rewards
The fan-favorite Iron Trials '84 mode is very popular in Warzone, so here's all of the latest information you need...
Warzone October 15 update patch notes: Iron Trials ’84 Trios, new Tac Sprint settings, more
Raven Software has rolled out the Warzone October 15 update patch notes, and they include Iron Trials Trios and a...
How to get The Batman Who Laughs skin in Fortnite Season 8
In another DC crossover, The Batman Who Laughs skin arrives in Fortnite Season 8, so here's how to get the...