Treyarch has released a new patch for Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360 and PS3. The patch for PS3 brings only two fixes, but the patch for Xbox 360 brings a variety of fixes for the Apocalypse maps.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Fixed an issue with users equipping Scorestreaks in unintended circumstances.
- Ladders now appear correctly when viewing them from your Profile while in the League menu.
- RC-XD now properly travels over various brick piles.
- Patched-up ground underneath one of the metal plates.
- Bots now behave correctly when capturing flags in Domination.
- Players can no longer leave the playable area by jumping on unintended collision in the water.
- Added Player collision to two bicycles next to one of the buildings.
- Frozen ice in the Northeast section now has proper Player collision.
- Addressed extended collision on a wall next to the Bridge, which was being used as an exploit.
- Fixed an issue where weapons could go through the Bank doors, giving Players unintended views of the map.
- Players can no longer exit the map via the frozen river.
- Lower drawer in the kitchen of one of the houses now has proper collision.
- Players can no longer see into one of the Southwestern buildings along the top of a doorway.
- Addressed Players being able to see outside the map in the Northwest section.
- Addressed invisible Player collision on a panel of one of the Northwestern buildings.
- Patched-up ledges on one of the buildings in the Northwest corner.
- Added proper collision under multiple windows of one of the buildings.
- Appropriate collision has been added to one of the snow mounds on top of a boat.
- Defined collision on a section of rocks in the Northeast section.
- Fixed an issue where a small section of brick wall would appear transparent in one of the Pods.
- Scaffolding on the East Pod tower now has proper collision.
- Ceiling in the Northeastern tower now appears correctly when viewed.
- Construction barriers now have proper collision throughout the map.
- Fixed unintended collision on a section of fence, which was being used to exploit.
- Fixed a rare issue which was causing the Player’s arms to be invisible during the countdown timer.
- Players are no longer able to stand on an exterior ledge alongside the Launch Center building.
- Sentry Gun no longer targets enemies through Lift 4C’s doors.
- Added collision to the boxes near the Control Room and the Visitor Center.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Improved stability during Local play when attempting to sign-in using a Guest profile.
- Addressed an issue which caused the background music to stop while in the menus.
- Map icon for Die Rise no longer moves around the globe rapidly when Origins is selected.
- Fixed multiple issues where the Player could see outside the map using Free Cam mode in Theater.
- Players who join a session already in progress after Round 1 are no longer able to ride on the Tank without its cooldown.
- Fixed an issue where Zombies couldn’t get to the Player if they were hanging off an edge near the Ruins.
- Addressed the issue with unlimited ammo when swapping out the Staff in the Elemental Charging Chamber.
- Players can no longer obtain the “Master Wizard” achievement through spectating.
- Fixed multiple issues where the Tank was unintentionally pushing the Player through the map.
- Lobby Preview Icon now appears correctly under the Stat Summary screen.
- Players can no longer get to unintended areas of the map using Panzer Soldat’s claw attack.
- Semtex grenades can now be properly acquired in the Church.
- Panzer Soldat no longer gets stuck in front of the Tank if Players are standing on top of it.
- Upgraded Staves can no longer be duplicated in the Ruins.
- Addressed an issue where PHD Flopper was doing unintended amounts of damage if the Player was holding an upgraded Staff.
- Panzer Soldat no longer becomes stuck in the air when spawning in front of a robot.
- Players are no longer free from zombie attack when standing on the Tank’s control panel.
- Fixed an issue where the Player could get pushed into an unintended area by the Robot’s foot and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to exploit by focus firing at a spawn point at the bottom of the Fire Tunnel.
- Fixed an issue where Panzer Soldat and zombies were moving in slow motion after spawning in.
- Players are no longer able to see the collected Staff pieces on the HUD after upgrading the Ice Staff.
- Panzer Soldat now behaves correctly when it’s kited into a group of zombies.
- Staff parts now update properly on the Scoreboard during a 4-Player Local Splitscreen game.
- Players can properly use the Upgraded Staff melee after obtaining and losing the One Inch Punch Perk.
- Addressed an issue with zombies walking into sandbags, ignoring nearby Players.
- Panzer Soldat now functions properly when grabbing a zombie twice in a row with its claw attack.
- Fixed an issue where Players could get out of the playable area in a Co-op game using the Robot’s foot.
- Maxis Drone should now find its way to the Player correctly in the Workshop Bunker.
- FX for upgrading a Staff are now oriented correctly.
- Panzer Soldat no longer gets stuck behind the Jugger-Nog Perk, when entering the Robot footprint.
- Players no longer get downed by the Robot’s foot when standing on the scaffolding next to the Pack-A-Punch machine.
- Maxis Drone no longer gets stuck near the Church Tank exit.
- Panzer Soldat no longer gets stuck on a Player’s head in the Church, during a Co-op game.
- Players can no longer Dive-to-Prone out of the playable area in the Church.
- Zombies now properly get to Players if they are crouched on a parked Tank.
- Improved stability in a Local 4-Player game when a Player pauses the game and then presses the Back button.
- Players now properly spawn in around Pump Station 4.
- Panzer Soldat no longer gets stuck inside the trench in-between the Starting Area and Generator 3.
- Players who go prone on the back edge of the Tank are no longer free from zombie attack.
- Improved stability in a 4-Player Local game when upgrading Staves during Rounds 11 – 13.
- Players no longer fall out of the map when Panzer Soldat does his claw attack.
- Zombies now properly get to Players at the bottom of the Church when the Tank is parked.
- Fixed an issue where Panzer Soldat was getting stuck if the Player jumped on and off the Tank repeatedly.
- Players are no longer free from zombie attack when crouching on top of certain Trench walls.
- Zombies now properly get to Players in the Robot footprint on top of the Tank Station.
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
COD Points are the currency of Call of Duty. Here’s a guide on their price, how you can buy them, where to spend them, and what you can buy.
COD Points have become an integral part of Call of Duty games as they can buy some great cosmetics and other items to show off. So here’s a quick guide to tell you how much points cost, how you can buy them, where you can spend them, and what you can get.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Cold War and Warzone offering special Rambo and John McClane skins and bringing back legendary Operators like Soap and Captain Price, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend COD Points.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game and requires COD Points to do so.
So with our detailed guide today, we’re going to run through the basics of COD Points to help you understand them, tell you what they do, and more.
What is the price of COD Points?
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying COD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas some need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
A quick visit to the Battle.net shop will take you to the aforementioned COD Points bundles, and you can take your pick.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
Head to the PlayStation Store either on your PS4, PS5, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
Head to the Microsoft Store either on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Online or select physical retailers will have copious amounts of COD Points vouchers and gift cards for you to purchase. There will be no difference between official sales and retails sales as they will all sell the same bundles.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
Now that you have a nice bundle of COD Points, where do you actually go to spend them? Well, the answer is rather simple: head to the in-game store for the game you’re playing, browse, and buy.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are currently in Season Two of their respective lifecycles at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 2, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough COD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
Activision Blizzard execs respond internally to California lawsuit, calling allegations ‘troubling’
Activision Blizzard executives have sent internal emails to staff in response to the recent lawsuit.
Warzone players call for devs to add permanent Rebirth Island playlists
Rebirth Island has become a popular map for Warzone players, but the community is calling for permanent playlists like Verdansk.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 23
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...