New patch for Black Ops 2 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 has just been released. This patch is available now for immediate download.
The patch adds a new bonus game mode called ‘Arms Race Team Deathmath’ – Added a limited time game mode to the Bonus Playlist, the Arms Race Team Deathmatch variant awards players 150 score per kill. Let the Scorestreak wars begin.
The patch also adds a new post-match Connection Quality survey which will be shown to a sampling of players to allow Treyarch to assess the online connection quality.
Full patch notes:
- Added a limited time game mode to the Bonus Playlist, the Arms Race Team Deathmatch variant awards players 150 score per kill. Let the Scorestreak wars begin.
- Added a post-match Connection Quality survey which will be presented to a sampling of players to assess online gameplay connection quality.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where players could get infinite ammo for the Death Machine and War Machine.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players may not die when getting stuck with a Crossbow Bolt.
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where the Hunter Killer drones will float around slowly when they miss a target from a certain angle.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where the frame rate may drop for other players when the host changes their audio settings during a match.
- Addressed multiple issues on Magma where players were able to fall or dive-to-prone in certain lava areas and survive.
- Players can now enter the crouched position while sprinting with the Riot Shield equipped.
- Care packages now appear in blue and orange on the map when Color Blind Assist is enabled.
- Resolved an issue where players and turrets could survive the water rush when in certain areas on Hydro.
- Resolved a UI issue with Tactical Insertion button prompt placement in Split Screen after a Host Migration.
- Resolved an inconsistency with Max Number of Players being displayed incorrectly when backing out of a Public Match search while it is searching.
- Addressed an issue with the Respawn Delay counter overlapping with other on-screen graphics in Split Screen.
- Addressed an issue with League Teams appearing incorrectly when they view another player’s League Team in the Leaderboards.
- Fixed a formatting issue in Leagues Season Final text where the date the player was placed was wrapping incorrectly.
- Overkill challenges will now progress if the player is using an alternate select fire mode.
- Bots will no longer attempt to capture and destroy the Headquarters from outside of the Alien Set Van or the Castle.
- The upper metal plate of a planted Assault Shield now appears in the proper position during a Killcam.
- Fix for the Hellstorm Missile not defaulting to the center of the Vertigo map when it flies in.
- Equipment, Turrets and Guardians are now destroyed when they are thrown or placed into the lava in some areas on Magma.
- Addressed an issue with the Custom and Private Match change team scoreboard not updating in real time when the overlay is on screen.
- Addressed a rapid scrolling issue in the Preset Class Menu.
- Chopper Hunter Field Specialist challenge updated to Aircraft Hunter with a description that reflects the aircrafts that need to be destroyed to complete the challenge.
- Text displayed for “Enemies forfeiting…” increased on Split-Screen to make it more legible.
- Fixed an issue with the last player alive defusing the bomb in Search & Destroy not receiving any defuse points.
- Resolved an issue with signing in and out while a film in loading in Theater.
- The icon to distinguish a Search & Destroy bomb location is now visible to a Codcaster who is spectating the defending team.
- Resolved an issue with attempting to sign into a Twitch account with Dual Play enabled.
- Fixed an issue in the Combat Record where the images would disappear when scrolling off of and on to the Combat Record.
- Fixed an issue in Offline System Link when the host leaves a lobby.
- Reverted global spawn influencer change from previous game update due to undesirable side effects.
Zombies Mob of the Dead Issues Addressed
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players would collide with each other and die while riding the gondola.
- Players can now board the plane once it’s been built.
- Fixed an issue in Grief Mode where the Wolf head would freeze after round 5.
- Addressed various zombie pathing issues throughout the map.
- Fixed an issue where character conversations would overlap with each other.
- Fixed an issue where players could not unlock the Juggernog machine that was locked down by Brutus.
- Addressed several exploits involving zombie pathing and the zombie shield.
- Resolved an issue where the game would not end if killed by the Acid Splat.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck behind the Afterlife doors.
- Resolved various pathing issues where zombies would not path to players behind open doors.
- Addressed an issue with the electric chairs placing the players underneath the.
- Addressed an issue where the prompt to build the plane would disappear while holding the Tomahawk.
- Addressed an issue with the wins and loss data not updating in the Grief leaderboards.
UPDATE: Treyarch has released a new Community Update video discussing this patch, and more. The video also features some information about Mob of the Dead.
SOURCE: Call of Duty Forums
How Nuketown has changed over the years
We take a look at Nuketown throughout the years.
Call of Duty revealed that classic map Nuketown will be coming to Black Ops Cold War on November 24.
Nuketown has been in every iteration of the Black Ops franchise and Cold War will be no different. It will feature a brand new version of Nuketown called Nuketown ’84. We’re taking a look at how the classic map has evolved throughout the years.
Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010)
Where it started. This small map started as a project by level designer Adam Hoggatt. It wasn’t intended to be in the full game but after playtests, it quickly became a favorite among the developers.
Inspired by the 2008 movie Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, the map is designed to be a nuclear testing facility modeled after 1950s suburban America.
Nuketown is a small map, capitalizing on the popularity of Shipment in CoD 4: Modern Warfare (2007) and Rust in Modern Warfare 2 (2009). With its yellow school bus in the center and picket-fenced gardens, it instantly became one of CoD’s most memorable maps.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (2012)
Nuketown returned in the next installment of the Black Ops franchise. With the exact same layout, this updated version brought Nuketown to the 21st century.
Nuketown 2025 came as a pre-order bonus with Black Ops 2 but could also be purchased as DLC. This version of Nuketown swapped the classic 1950s look for a blend of retro 60s with Black Ops 2’s futuristic aesthetic.
This updated version fixed the spawn issues from the original Nuketown, leading to many believing this to be the best iteration.
Nuketown was also included in Black Ops 2’s Zombies mode. It was basically the original Nuketown map designed for Zombies.
This version of Nuketown is the aftermath of the nuclear bomb that goes off at the end of every Nuketown round.
In this version, the map has been damaged by the Nuclear Bomb and smoke and ash blotting out the sun. Zombies spawn in all the usual ways but the Pack-A-Punch and Perk-A-Cola machines spawn after killing certain numbers of zombies.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (2012)
This is a version of Nuketown most will be unfamiliar with. Activision released a stripped-back version of Black Ops for the PS Vita called Black Ops Declassified. The single-player took place between the original Black Ops and Black Ops 2 and also included multiplayer.
A smaller version of Nuketown which only featured the yellow house and the truck on the street was included. This map was extremely small with players often spawning right next to each other.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (2015)
Black Ops 3 recreated Nuketown in a science-fiction style. With bright colors, futuristic cars, and digital confetti rising from the buses, this was a very different looking Nuketown. The layout of the map stayed much the same, however.
This map wasn’t available for the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 as this game released during the transition between console generation.
Apart from the aesthetic changes, this version also had high walls to take advantage of ‘wall-running’ which was part of Call of Duty’s movement system at the time.
There were also Easter Eggs included in Nuk3town such as shooting mannequins in a certain sequence which would start a zombie-esque outbreak.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (2018)
Nuketown 2018 received a mixed reception. This version took on a Soviet aesthetic, being set in the winter with a muted color palette. Although less of a change compared to Nuk3town, players were underwhelmed by the map’s design.
The specialist abilities such as the Grapple Gun drastically altered the flow of the map. Players felt that Nuketown 2018 played too differently to the original.
An addition some liked was the RC-XD tunnel system, in which the remote car could be driven beneath the map past missile silos, and come out the other side.
Nuketown Island (Blackout)
Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout featured many classic Black Ops maps. Nuketown was included in a location of the map called Nuketown Island.
Nuketown Island includes the whole town that Nuketown is part of, taking heavy inspiration from the classic Nuketown map as well as Nuketown Zombies. The area is heavily damaged similar to how it is in Nuketown Zombies and contains the original cul-de-sac from Nuketown.
Brand new to Nuketown, the area has a nuclear bunker and tunnel system underneath that players can access.
Call of Duty Mobile (2019)
Call of Duty Mobile contains classic maps from both the Black Ops and Modern Warfare franchises and Nuketown is no exception.
This brought it back to the very original Nuketown map we had in Call of Duty Black Ops. Although played on mobile devices, the map plays much the same as it did in the very first Black Ops.
With Nuketown returning in Black Ops Cold War, expect it to have a 1980s theme.
All Call of Duty titles on sale for Steam Winter and Xbox Countdown sales
The holidays are here! Steam and Xbox have launched their Winter and Countdown sales respectively. From the original Call of Duty up to Black Ops 4, plenty of Call of Duty titles are on sale on both platforms.
Steam’s Winter Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019 at 10AM PT. All prices are in US Dollar.
It’s important to note that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, is available exclusively on Battle.net for PC and thus is not included.
- Call of Duty – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: United Offensive – $9.79 (-51%)
- Call of Duty 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $29.39 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $33.99 (-66%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – $44.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $29.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: WWII – $35.99 (-40%)
Xbox One / Xbox 360
Xbox’s Countdown Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019. All prices are in US Dollar. Xbox Live Gold members also receive up to an additional 10% off.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Deluxe Edition – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Legacy Edition – $47.99 (-40%) / $39.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Launch Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $23.99 (-40%) / $19.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Digital Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Gold Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Black Ops Pass – $47.49 (-5%) / $42.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe Enhanced – $123.49 (-5%) / $110.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe – $94.99 (-5%) / $84.99 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – $44.99 (-25%) / $38.99 (-35%)
All of the following Xbox 360 titles are Backwards Compatible on Xbox One.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $11.99 (-40%) / $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $17.99 (-40%) / $14.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $14.99 (-15%) / $17.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Bundle (incl. Black Ops) – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
Do you plan to pick up any of the titles while they’re on-sale?
Top five weapons that should be brought back for Black Ops 4 multiplayer
These fan favorite guns from Treyarch’s past Call of Duty’s would feel right at home in Black Ops 4’s multiplayer.
With every iteration of Call of Duty, we have become accustomed to leaving old guns behind and learning how to use new ones. While that’s great for keeping the games feeling fresh, here are some guns that players would still love to use.
Black Ops 4 has its own set of unique Light Machine Guns, but nothing quite as bombastic as the Stoner63. Hailing from Black Op 1, this gun does what most LMG’s don’t.
Blends high rate of fire with tons of ammo, while still retaining low recoil. The Stoner63 is the missing LMG/AR hybrid gun that Black Ops 4 is sorely missing.
The HAMR is a standout LMG due to its unique characteristics. For the first seven rounds, this gun has the fastest firing rate of any LMG in Black Ops 2. Shooting the HAMR in short bursts make this gun ideal for mid-range encounters.
Historically, the LMG class has always had the fewest guns in Call of Duty multiplayer, so adding the Stoner63 and HAMR would greatly beef up this category.
While Black Ops 4 has chosen to relegate shotguns to secondaries, I’d love to see them bring back this weapon category to its former glory. Adding the R870 MCS, also known as the Remington, would be a great step in that direction.
Zipping around smaller maps with this gun in Black Ops 2 felt so good. One shot kills were possible even at mid-range, and the reload time wasn’t half bad for a pump-action gun.
Beef up the SG12, MOG 12, and add the R870 back would give Black Ops 4 shotguns some much-needed love.
MP40 & Galil
These guns are in a weird state. Both have been brought back several times, have had their names changed, then changed again, and are actually present in Blackout, yet are missing from Multiplayer. They most likely will be brought over sometime in the future, but having them currently in one portion of the game just makes me miss their omission in MP even more.
Whether they choose to call it the HG40, like in Black Ops 3, or the Grav, as seen in Blackout, any incarnation of these guns would be a treat.
Ever since making its debut in the first Black Ops multiplayer trailer way back in 2010, this weapon has caught the attention of every Call of Duty player. A knife that shoots knives. Pretty cool, eh?
When it comes to distinct secondary weapons, Black Ops 4 is lacking. No crossbow, no shield, no weird disc shooters, just shotguns, pistols, and launchers. Bringing back the Ballistic Knife would help keep Black Ops tied to its wacky roots. Playing Gun Game just doesn’t feel right without it.
These are just the guns I would like to see added to Black Ops 4 multiplayer. What other guns, whether from zombies, Modern Warfare, or even other franchises, would you like to see online? Let us know in the comments down below!
Best M60 class in Black Ops Cold War
You'll turn into a walking sentry gun.
Best Hauer 77 loadout in Black Ops Cold War
One shot, one kill.
Best DMR 14 loadout in Black Ops Cold War
Aim for the head.