New patch for Black Ops 2 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 has just been released. This patch is available now for immediate download.
The patch adds a new bonus game mode called ‘Arms Race Team Deathmath’ – Added a limited time game mode to the Bonus Playlist, the Arms Race Team Deathmatch variant awards players 150 score per kill. Let the Scorestreak wars begin.
The patch also adds a new post-match Connection Quality survey which will be shown to a sampling of players to allow Treyarch to assess the online connection quality.
Full patch notes:
- Added a limited time game mode to the Bonus Playlist, the Arms Race Team Deathmatch variant awards players 150 score per kill. Let the Scorestreak wars begin.
- Added a post-match Connection Quality survey which will be presented to a sampling of players to assess online gameplay connection quality.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where players could get infinite ammo for the Death Machine and War Machine.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players may not die when getting stuck with a Crossbow Bolt.
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where the Hunter Killer drones will float around slowly when they miss a target from a certain angle.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where the frame rate may drop for other players when the host changes their audio settings during a match.
- Addressed multiple issues on Magma where players were able to fall or dive-to-prone in certain lava areas and survive.
- Players can now enter the crouched position while sprinting with the Riot Shield equipped.
- Care packages now appear in blue and orange on the map when Color Blind Assist is enabled.
- Resolved an issue where players and turrets could survive the water rush when in certain areas on Hydro.
- Resolved a UI issue with Tactical Insertion button prompt placement in Split Screen after a Host Migration.
- Resolved an inconsistency with Max Number of Players being displayed incorrectly when backing out of a Public Match search while it is searching.
- Addressed an issue with the Respawn Delay counter overlapping with other on-screen graphics in Split Screen.
- Addressed an issue with League Teams appearing incorrectly when they view another player’s League Team in the Leaderboards.
- Fixed a formatting issue in Leagues Season Final text where the date the player was placed was wrapping incorrectly.
- Overkill challenges will now progress if the player is using an alternate select fire mode.
- Bots will no longer attempt to capture and destroy the Headquarters from outside of the Alien Set Van or the Castle.
- The upper metal plate of a planted Assault Shield now appears in the proper position during a Killcam.
- Fix for the Hellstorm Missile not defaulting to the center of the Vertigo map when it flies in.
- Equipment, Turrets and Guardians are now destroyed when they are thrown or placed into the lava in some areas on Magma.
- Addressed an issue with the Custom and Private Match change team scoreboard not updating in real time when the overlay is on screen.
- Addressed a rapid scrolling issue in the Preset Class Menu.
- Chopper Hunter Field Specialist challenge updated to Aircraft Hunter with a description that reflects the aircrafts that need to be destroyed to complete the challenge.
- Text displayed for “Enemies forfeiting…” increased on Split-Screen to make it more legible.
- Fixed an issue with the last player alive defusing the bomb in Search & Destroy not receiving any defuse points.
- Resolved an issue with signing in and out while a film in loading in Theater.
- The icon to distinguish a Search & Destroy bomb location is now visible to a Codcaster who is spectating the defending team.
- Resolved an issue with attempting to sign into a Twitch account with Dual Play enabled.
- Fixed an issue in the Combat Record where the images would disappear when scrolling off of and on to the Combat Record.
- Fixed an issue in Offline System Link when the host leaves a lobby.
- Reverted global spawn influencer change from previous game update due to undesirable side effects.
Zombies Mob of the Dead Issues Addressed
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players would collide with each other and die while riding the gondola.
- Players can now board the plane once it’s been built.
- Fixed an issue in Grief Mode where the Wolf head would freeze after round 5.
- Addressed various zombie pathing issues throughout the map.
- Fixed an issue where character conversations would overlap with each other.
- Fixed an issue where players could not unlock the Juggernog machine that was locked down by Brutus.
- Addressed several exploits involving zombie pathing and the zombie shield.
- Resolved an issue where the game would not end if killed by the Acid Splat.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck behind the Afterlife doors.
- Resolved various pathing issues where zombies would not path to players behind open doors.
- Addressed an issue with the electric chairs placing the players underneath the.
- Addressed an issue where the prompt to build the plane would disappear while holding the Tomahawk.
- Addressed an issue with the wins and loss data not updating in the Grief leaderboards.
UPDATE: Treyarch has released a new Community Update video discussing this patch, and more. The video also features some information about Mob of the Dead.
SOURCE: Call of Duty Forums
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Fortnite Ariana Grande concert leaks: Start date, skins, prices & more
A new Ariana Grande skin and concert event has been leaked for Fortnite Season 7, and here's everything we know...
How to watch World Series of Warzone $300k EU Trios tournament
The World Series of Warzone is kicking competitive Warzone up a notch, and we have the teams, draft, standings and...
How to fix Modern Warfare reticle menu not working
An annoying glitch with Modern Warfare's menu system won't let players change their weapon reticle. Thankfully, a clever workaround exists.