IGN’s exclusive Ghosts content is now live. They have posted new gameplay footage as well as (2) new screenshots, as seen in the gallery above.
Summary of what IGN saw:
- Game is focused on South America oil regions. Players are facing “resource rich” states
The U.S.’s fight with its enemies in the south takes center stage in No Man’s Land — the first level of a multi-segment gameplay demo I was shown. In it, our protagonist and his brother are making their way through an area 10 miles north of San Diego, now a desolate wasteland with the remnants of houses and collapsed freeways.
- There is a mysterious biological threat with “devastated environment”
- Underwater level (already revealed) is an environment of it’s own. You have gun fights, new soldiers coming at your location from different directions. Using a Russian weapon that is weak, but useful underwater. “Enemies and the player take cover behind rocks and reefs, but also use the unique verticality to get an elevated shot or dodge fire.”
- Infinity Ward built a whole new underwater environment
- You have to swim from cover to cover – just like an above ground battle.
- The dog – “it’s a remote recon scout and deadly weapon controlled by the player via a tablet-like viewfinder.” The dog can also be used for recon and distraction.
- No ties to Modern Warfare – the Simon Riley mask is just a “fan service”.
- IGN has also said that there will be ‘new multiplayer modes.’
- “But instead of aiming down your sights and pulling the trigger, you target an enemy and tap the shoulder button to lunge for their throats”
Teaser of what will be shown at Ghosts: All Access Event:
Interview with Infinity Ward’s Zach Volker:
SOURCE: IGN (high res images via @LiamFTWinter)