Activision and Infinity Ward have noted that new content will be coming frequently during Season 1 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
The company has stated that there are plans to release new content weekly throughout the duration of Season 1, which begins today (December 3) and ends on January 28. It’s not clear what new content is coming each week, but we’ll keep you updated.
CONTENT AVAILABLE DECEMBER 3:
- NEW MP MAP: Crash
- NEW GUNFIGHT MAPS: Atrium and Cargo
- NEW Ground War Map: Engage in epic all-out war squaring off with 64 players on Port, a unique large-scale Ground War map set across cargo containers, cranes, buildings, and streets.
- NEW WEAPONS: Earnable for free for all players, the RAM-7 introduces a new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle, while the Holger-26 is an LMG spec of the Holger model rifle.
- Classic Special Ops Experience: In Pitch Black, infil into Barkov’s vacant estate to recover and transmit all on-site intel to your tactical rover. In Grounded, engage and eliminate Al Qatala militants who have seized Barkov’s former airbase to steal weaponry and air assets.
- NEW Special Ops Experiences: In Operation Strongbox, use the crypto keys you’ve stolen to assault the bank, break into the vault, and put The Banker out of business.
- NEW MP Mode: In Reinforce, a hybrid mode between Domination, Search & Destroy, and Search & Rescue, capture points to revive fallen teammates and take all points to win the round.
CONTENT COMING DURING SEASON 1:
- NEW MP Maps: Vacant and Shipment. Joining Crash later in the season are two more reimagined maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, including Vacant, an abandoned office leading to intense interior combat across the complex, and Shipment, where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- NEW Gunfight Map: Shipment
- Classic Special Ops Experience: Bomb Squad will arrive further into Season One, where Armistice Team 4 QRF must defuse IEDs planted in an Urzikstan city before detonation.
- NEW Special Ops Experiences: In Operation Just Reward, coming to all players later in the season, cut off Al Qatala’s money supply in Verdansk and target the head of their financial operation by hacking the Banker’s mobile data centers.
- NEW MP Mode: Further into Season One, additional modes will go live including Infected, where it’s hunt or be hunted in the survival party game mode where eliminated survivors become infected. In O.S.P. Gunfight, the same mechanics of traditional Gunfight apply, with the distinct difference that players begin each match with no weapons or equipment and must pick them up once the match begins.
Stay tuned for the latest news on Season 1.
Modern Warfare players call for anti-cheat changes to counter DDoS attacks
Modern Warfare players are urging the developers to improve anti-cheat measures in order to counter DDoS attacks.
Modern Warfare 2019 players are frustrated with hackers ruining matches with DDoS attacks and are urging the developers to improve the game’s anti-cheat measures.
Despite being two years old and CoD: Vanguard releasing during that time, Modern Warfare continues to remain extremely popular with a strong player base. However, the game has its fair share of issues.
One major problem that plagues Call of Duty titles is cheaters. Modern Warfare players are frustrated with hackers ruining matches and are calling for the developers to improve their anti-cheat measures.
Reddit user ‘AngryWack’ claimed that they’re quitting Modern Warfare 2019 because of the game’s cheater problem. They encountered multiple hackers who proceeded to ruin different matches.
Two hackers aim-botted the player and another one hit the server with a DDoS attack just for fun. This led to the Redditor becoming fed up with the state of the game and another commenter shared this sentiment:
“Wait for MW2 and uninstall MW 2019 if you don’t want to play it anymore. Trust me, I did the same and I am VERY happy that I did because this game took my sanity, patience, and good times.”
DDoS attacks can make a game impossible to enjoy, so it’s completely understandable why Modern Warfare 2019 players are calling for the developers to counter this with improved anti-cheat measures.
Players are so frustrated with the hacker problem in Modern Warfare that some of the commenters suggested trying out other Call of Duty titles like Black Ops Cold War as an alternative.
You can also check out everything we know about Warzone’s next-gen version for consoles and the return of Warzone’s frustrating Loadout glitch.
Image credits: Activision
How to fix Warzone “friends list not showing” glitch
We have a couple of easy and effective methods to fix Warzone’s glitch that makes it so that your friends list doesn’t show anyone online.
Warzone and Modern Warfare’s long-standing “friends list not showing” glitch that prevents players from showing up on your friends list is still a constant menace after the Pacific update. Here are some solutions to hopefully fix this glitch for you in both Call of Duty games.
It’s undoubtedly frustrating when the only thing you want to do is play a game online, and certain factors are preventing you from doing so. Aside from obvious internet connectivity worries, there is also Warzone’s infamous “Checking for update” bug and Xbox players not even being able to launch the game.
Another issue that continues to haunt players in Warzone Pacific is a glitched friends list that doesn’t allow you to see anyone else online even though they are, and leaves you unable to invite them. As always, we have some ways that might be able to aid you and resolve the problem.
How to make your friends list visible in Warzone and Modern Warfare
You’ll know if the problem is affecting you because when you select Warzone’s social tab and try to inspect your friends, you’ll be hit with “friends list not showing.”
Just to double-check that your friends are indeed online, just quickly open up your general friends list for the console or platform you’re playing on first to check. If they are showing as online, then use our methods to hopefully make them show online on Call of Duty too.
Here are the most efficient ways to get around the glitch.
#1 – Restart Warzone or Modern Warfare
The classic “have you tried turning it off and on again?” Not only is it a way to fix a computer, but it could also cure your temperamental version of Warzone Pacific.
Here’s how you can try this out:
- Simply close Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Restart your respective platform
- Boot up Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Check to see if it now appears
#2 – Link Warzone with Discord
Many players have reported great success by using the official Discord service to link up with their friends and enter games together.
To do link up with Discord:
- All players must have their Discord activity status set to ‘On’
- Make sure you have connected your ‘Battle.net‘ account to Discord
- Have everyone launch Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Then all players should join from the same Discord
Plus, Discord is expected to arrive on PlayStation this year, so it will be even easier to link up with friends cross-platform.
#3 – Create a Group
Another possible workaround is for one person to create a Group, customize it, and invite everyone to join.
This is how to create a Group in Warzone:
- Go to the ‘Social’ tab
- Head to the ‘Groups’ tab
- Press to ‘Create a Group’
- Create a ‘Group Name’ and ‘Group Tag’
- Wait to see if it’s approved
- With a successful Group, invite friends via the Group option
#4 – Turn off Crossplay
We’ve already covered extensively how you can turn off crossplay in Warzone and why you should consider doing it. On top of this, it’s also been doing the trick for some people with Warzone and Modern Warfare game invites.
To do this, simply:
- Make your way into Warzone’s or Modern Warfare’s ‘Options’ setting
- Select your Account
- Switch the ‘Crossplay’ function from enabled to disabled
- Restart the game
- See if it’s worked and whether it has or hasn’t, turn Crossplay back on, and see if the result changes with it
#5 – Simply wait
The easiest and most straightforward idea to try, leave it and hope it fixes itself. Believe it or not, waiting 30-60 seconds could actually fix it and could save you a lot of time than the above fixes.
It won’t work for everyone, but it’s another solution to try and help with this persisting, long-term problem in Warzone and 2019’s Modern Warfare.
Also, check out how to fix the freezing and crashing issues that have been plaguing Xbox players since the Pacific update.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Discord
CoD Points price: How to buy, spend & do they carry over
CoD Points are the official currency of Call of Duty. Check out CoD Point prices, where to buy them, and whether they transfer between games.
Activision’s in-game currency lets players purchase cosmetics for their characters, and we’ve got everything you need to know about CoD Points prices, how to buy them, and all the items you can spend them on.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game, requiring players to spend their own currency named CoD Points to acquire them.
CoD Points can be purchased in-game using the menu systems in games like Vanguard or Warzone or through console marketplaces like the PS Store or Xbox Marketplace.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Vanguard and Warzone offering special Attack on Titan and Christmas skins as well as unique weapon Blueprints for popular weapons, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend CoD Points.
- CoD Points Prices
- How to buy CoD Points
- Where to spend CoD Points
- Do CoD Points carry across games?
- What can I buy with CoD Points
CoD Points prices
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying CoD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas others need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various CoD Points bundles:
- 200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
- 500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
- 15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
How to buy COD Points
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
There are four ways you can buy COD Points:
- PC players can purchase CoD Points on the Battle.net website
- PS4 & PS5 players can purchase CoD Points in the PS Store on their console, or on the PlayStation website
- Xbox Series X, Series S, or One players can buy CoD Points on the Xbox Marketplace on their console, or the official Microsoft Store website
- Select physical retailers stock vouchers and gift cards with a code that players can redeem for CoD Points.
Where to spend CoD Points
Spending your CoD Points is incredibly easy, with players able to purchase cosmetic bundles and Blueprints in the in-game store.
The stores are available in Vanguard, Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare, so you can kit out your character regardless of your preferred title.
Do CoD Points carry over across games?
The good news is that your CoD Points will transfer across your Call of Duty games, as they are linked to your Activision account.
Players who still have CoD Points in their account from Black Ops Cold War don’t need to worry, as they will automatically be in your account when turning to Vanguard.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Vanguard and Warzone Pacific are currently in Season 1 at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 1, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough CoD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
Every confirmed change coming in Apex Legends Season 12
With Apex Legends Season 12 being released soon, players may be wondering what kind of changes the update will bring...
Vanguard January 27 update patch notes: Cold Blooded buff, Fortified adjustments & spawn fixes
Here are the full patch notes for Vanguard’s January 27 update, which buffed the Cold Blooded Perk and adjusted spawn...
Warzone players want Raven to switch two POIs on Caldera
A Warzone player has rearranged the POIs on Caldera after the community has expressed their discontent with the map design.