With the latest patch update (version 1.08) for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Raven Software has added in brand new content to the Depot.
The new content includes new ranged weapons, new weapon kits, new customization items, and more.
A full break down of the new content:
Ranged Weapon Collections:
- KAMCHATKA-12 – This is a fully-automatic, 12-gauge shotgun of Russian origin, and features an 8-round detachable box magazine.
- XM-LAR – This fully automatic assault rifle comes from the European theater, and utilizes 7.62x51mm NATO cartridges in a 30-round detachable box.
- .44 MAGNUM – This is the classic .44 Magnum six-round revolver, featuring a stylized military grip and signature long barrel.
- HUNTSMAN – This Sniper Class Weapon Kit gives your sniper rifles the field-ready look of a working class weapon. For example, your sniper rifle can look camouflaged like a ghillie suit or covered in duct tape.
- LAWMAN -Bring a bit of the Old West to Modern Warfare with this Shotgun Class Weapon Kit. You’ll feel like a gunslinger when your shotguns have the look and feel of high-class weapons from Western Americana, complete with filigreed details and wood stocks.
- BATTLE-SCARRED -If you like to get up close and personal, then the SMG is probably one of your workhorse weapons. The Battle-Scarred Weapon Kit will make your weapons look like they have been through many a firefight, scars and all.
- CZAR – The Czar Weapon Kit provides the look of pure gold to your LMGs, putting the bling in your loadout and onto the field of battle. These golden guns are over the top, flashy, and deadly as ever.
Melee Weapon Kits:
- GLADIATOR – Stride into battle with the might of a gladiator when you equip this contemporary recreation of the historical Gladius sword, used as the weapon of choice by Roman foot soldiers.
- HATCHETMAN – Strap on some deadly curves when you add the Military Axe to your loadout. This updated take on the classic hatchet looks fearsome in the field and is ready to do your dirty work.
- WEAPON CAMO SETS – Four new weapon camo sets each bring new camos to the field, with 39 new weapon camos total.
- CALLING CARD SETS – Customize your calling card with 31 new options for you to wear with pride.
- EMBLEM SETS -With 39 new emblems to pair with your calling card, variety is now your middle name.
- RETICLE SETS – Set your sights with new looks with 39 different new reticles to choose from.
On Activision’s blog, Raven Software said the following about today’s new Depot update for Modern Warfare Remastered:
Today, we’re excited to support Modern Warfare Remastered with more content, and introduce even more customization items into Modern Warfare Remastered. Personalization continues to be enjoyed by the community, and we’ve all seen how much players enjoy building the gameplay experience that they want, which is something that wasn’t really possible during the original release. So we are stoked to deliver to fans plenty of options to customize, personalize and continue the fun with these new items.
We also looked very closely at gameplay balance as well. Like everyone, we absolutely love the weapons currently in the game, but wanted to add even more variety into the arsenal. Today we are adding three modern era guns: the Kamchatka-12 (automatic shotgun), XM-LAR (assault rifle) and .44 Magnum (pistol). Like every other weapon, they each have strengths and weaknesses to ensure proper game balance, and through extensive testing we know players will have a blast.
As a studio, balance remains our #1 priority. And just like many of the new items we’ve brought in, you can obtain them by completing a collection of items you acquire with your Parts, or through Supply Drops.
SOURCE: Activision (image via @Burko__)