With the latest patch update (version 1.08) for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Raven Software has added in brand new content to the Depot.
The new content includes new ranged weapons, new weapon kits, new customization items, and more.
A full break down of the new content:
Ranged Weapon Collections:
- KAMCHATKA-12 – This is a fully-automatic, 12-gauge shotgun of Russian origin, and features an 8-round detachable box magazine.
- XM-LAR – This fully automatic assault rifle comes from the European theater, and utilizes 7.62x51mm NATO cartridges in a 30-round detachable box.
- .44 MAGNUM – This is the classic .44 Magnum six-round revolver, featuring a stylized military grip and signature long barrel.
- HUNTSMAN – This Sniper Class Weapon Kit gives your sniper rifles the field-ready look of a working class weapon. For example, your sniper rifle can look camouflaged like a ghillie suit or covered in duct tape.
- LAWMAN -Bring a bit of the Old West to Modern Warfare with this Shotgun Class Weapon Kit. You’ll feel like a gunslinger when your shotguns have the look and feel of high-class weapons from Western Americana, complete with filigreed details and wood stocks.
- BATTLE-SCARRED -If you like to get up close and personal, then the SMG is probably one of your workhorse weapons. The Battle-Scarred Weapon Kit will make your weapons look like they have been through many a firefight, scars and all.
- CZAR – The Czar Weapon Kit provides the look of pure gold to your LMGs, putting the bling in your loadout and onto the field of battle. These golden guns are over the top, flashy, and deadly as ever.
Melee Weapon Kits:
- GLADIATOR – Stride into battle with the might of a gladiator when you equip this contemporary recreation of the historical Gladius sword, used as the weapon of choice by Roman foot soldiers.
- HATCHETMAN – Strap on some deadly curves when you add the Military Axe to your loadout. This updated take on the classic hatchet looks fearsome in the field and is ready to do your dirty work.
- WEAPON CAMO SETS – Four new weapon camo sets each bring new camos to the field, with 39 new weapon camos total.
- CALLING CARD SETS – Customize your calling card with 31 new options for you to wear with pride.
- EMBLEM SETS -With 39 new emblems to pair with your calling card, variety is now your middle name.
- RETICLE SETS – Set your sights with new looks with 39 different new reticles to choose from.
On Activision’s blog, Raven Software said the following about today’s new Depot update for Modern Warfare Remastered:
Today, we’re excited to support Modern Warfare Remastered with more content, and introduce even more customization items into Modern Warfare Remastered. Personalization continues to be enjoyed by the community, and we’ve all seen how much players enjoy building the gameplay experience that they want, which is something that wasn’t really possible during the original release. So we are stoked to deliver to fans plenty of options to customize, personalize and continue the fun with these new items.
We also looked very closely at gameplay balance as well. Like everyone, we absolutely love the weapons currently in the game, but wanted to add even more variety into the arsenal. Today we are adding three modern era guns: the Kamchatka-12 (automatic shotgun), XM-LAR (assault rifle) and .44 Magnum (pistol). Like every other weapon, they each have strengths and weaknesses to ensure proper game balance, and through extensive testing we know players will have a blast.
As a studio, balance remains our #1 priority. And just like many of the new items we’ve brought in, you can obtain them by completing a collection of items you acquire with your Parts, or through Supply Drops.
SOURCE: Activision (image via @Burko__)
New Modern Warfare 3 Remastered Mod In Development
A Call of Duty custom map creator is attempting to recreate iconic Modern Warfare 3 maps in the Black Ops 3 engine.
A Call of Duty custom map creator is taking on the task of remastering iconic Modern Warfare 3 maps.
While players have remained hopeful about the dwindling possibility of a Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Multiplayer experience, one popular Call of Duty modder has taken the task upon himself to remaster the next best thing – Modern Warfare 3.
Modder @ramijayd on Twitter is already relatively deep into the project, as you can see from the work-in-progress screenshots below.
These images show off the maps Intersection and Boardwalk, both from the DLC pool of Modern Warfare 3 maps. The left images show Modern Warfare 3 gameplay, and the right shows the updated visuals.
Currently, it appears Ramijayd has mostly completed development on these two maps. He plans to expand development to other iconic maps from the game, while also porting over player models and weapon models from various Call of Duty games. It appears the MP7 model he chose comes from Modern Warfare 2019, while the UMP45 comes from Modern Warfare 3.
This mod will be available only to PC players, as it is built in the Black Ops 3 mod tools. The maps will be available in the future through the Steam Workshop. Ramijayd has shared his interest in hosting public servers for these maps, so hopefully, there will be enough interest when the full mod releases for small servers to be hosted with the MW3 Remastered mod.
With any player-created game mod, this is subject to change at any time and most likely will only include fan-favorite maps from Modern Warfare 3. While it won’t be an exact recreation of Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, it could be a fun throwback to older Call of Duty gameplay.
Unfortunately, mechanics like Modern Warfare 3 point streaks like the Juggernaut, AC-130, and Predator Missile seem unlikely to be added.
We can only hope to get some sort of release of this mod, as we are still awaiting info from the seemingly halted Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Remastered Mod, which was being developed in the Black Ops 3 engine by community modders.
Who is Soap MacTavish in Call of Duty? Background & more
Here’s the full story of fan-favorite Call of Duty character Soap MacTavish, who’s coming to Warzone as a playable Operator.
Captain John ‘Soap’ MacTavish will soon arrive as an Operator in Call of Duty: Warzone, but who is the mohawked Scotsman? Here’s the full story of Modern Warfare hero Soap MacTavish.
We first met the Operator in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare all the way back in 2007. He quickly became a fan-favorite character for his unwavering loyalty to Task Force 141, thick Scottish accent, and several badass moments.
He began as one of the silent protagonists of the original Modern Warfare game and quickly gained respect from his SAS comrades. Then in Modern Warfare 2, while playing as Gary “Roach” Sanderson, we got to watch Soap in action.
With Modern Warfare (2019) rebooting the franchise, Soap will arrive in Warzone as a playable Operator.
Here’s the full story behind the new Operator Soap MacTavish.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
“What the hell kind of name is Soap, eh? How’d a muppet like you pass selection?”
We first meet Sergeant Soap MacTavish as he joins Captain Price’s Bravo Squad after passing SAS selection. Price is initially unimpressed with our protagonist, making fun of his name. One of the other members calls him the F.N.G (F***ing New Guy).
After running the CQB course and a quick training session from Lt. Gaz, Soap joins Bravo Squad for his first mission with the SAS. After receiving information from their informant Nikolai (who became a playable operator in Warzone Season 6), the squad board a cargo ship and discover a nuclear missile headed for Russia. The ship is bombed, and after Soap fails to make the jump onto the escape helicopter, he is saved by Captain Price.
Over the course of the campaign, Soap repeatedly proves himself a valuable asset to the SAS. The team discovers that Imran Zakhaev, an enemy from Price’s past, supplied the nuclear bomb that was used by Al-Assad to kill American forces.
Bravo Squad then tracks down Zakhaev’s son, who commits suicide before Soap can take his gun from him. In response, Zakhaev then threatens to nuke America, so Soap and the team head to the mountains to prevent the launch.
After deactivating the missiles and chasing Zakhaev, Soap is heavily injured by an exploding fuel tank and Sgt. Griggs dies defending him. Soap then helplessly watches Lt. Gaz and some other SAS members executed by Zakhaev.
All of Bravo Squad are near-death, but Price slides Soap his 1911 pistol, which he uses to kill Zakhaev and the other soldiers. Russian allies arrive and escort Soap and Price, the only survivors, away from the aftermath.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
“Price… this belongs to you, Sir.”
After Price’s capture in the five year period between the events of MW1 and MW2, Soap is promoted to Captain and leads Task Force 141.
While playing as new protagonist Gary “Roach” Sanderson, we meet Captain Soap MacTavish smoking a cigar before fearlessly scaling an icy mountain. The Russians have got hold of a downed US Satellite, so TF141 is there to recover the ACS module. After being discovered, the pair make a daring escape on stolen snowmobiles, ramping over a massive gorge.
We next meet Soap in Rio de Janeiro, tracking down arms dealer Alejandro Rojas who supplied the central antagonist, Makarov, his weapons for the attack on a Russian airport. After Roach’s squadmates are killed, Roach, Soap, and Ghost must chase the dealer through the Favela. In an incredibly memorable moment, we see Soap dive through a window, tackling Rojas onto a car in the street below.
- Read more: NICKMERCS’ dominant AK-74u loadout
They discover that who Makarov hates most is an unknown Prisoner 627. Task Force 141 assault a gulag to capture and use the prisoner as bait. Soap discovers that the prisoner is his former mentor and Captain, John Price. Soap then returns Price’s 1911 pistol to him, saying “this belongs to you, Sir.”
While searching for Makarov, Task Force 141 is betrayed by American Commander Shepherd. His troops, the Shadow Company, attack Soap and Price but it’s too late for them to warn the rest of TF141. In a shocking twist, Shepherd then murders Roach and fan-favorite character Ghost.
- Read more: How to level up weapons fast in Warzone
Soap and Price chase Shepherd across Afghanistan and finally catch him. While the pair fight Shepherd, Soap is stabbed. The American officer is killing Price, so Soap pulls the knife from his own chest, and throws it at Shephard, hitting him in the eye and killing him.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)
“Price… you need to know. Makarov… knows… Yuri…“
Soap narrowly survives his wound from Shepherd, and Task Force 141 has been declared international fugitives. While Soap is still recovering, Makarov’s men attack Nikolai’s safehouse in India. New playable protagonist Yuri, Price, and Nikolai help him escape.
After Soap recovers, the team search all over for Makarov. Information from Price’s old friend, MacMillan, allows them to discover his whereabouts.
Soap, Price, and Yuri attempt to assassinate Makarov in Berlin. Unfortunately, he catches wind of the assassination attempt and blows up the building Soap and Yuri are in. Soap pushes Yuri out of the building and is caught in the blast. Much to fans’ heartbreak, he later dies from these wounds.
- Read more: Best DMR 14 loadout for Warzone
Just before the explosives went off, Makarov revealed that he and Yuri are old friends. As Soap is dying, he tells Price that “Makarov knows Yuri.” It’s later revealed that they were friends, but Makarov had betrayed him.
After the war ends, Price uses Soap’s death to fuel his desire to kill Makarov. Before killing him, Price declares “this is for Soap.”
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) & Warzone (2020)
The Modern Warfare series was rebooted in 2019 with Modern Warfare. At the end of the campaign, Price is putting together his team. He reveals that he’s taking on “John MacTavish, SAS.” It’s likely we’ll see him in Modern Warfare 2, which will be coming in the next couple of years.
Then in the final cutscene for Warzone, which was discovered in December 2020, Captain Price contacts Soap. It has now been leaked that Soap will be coming to Warzone as a playable Operator.
Why is John MacTavish called Soap? “That’s classified.”
Fan created MW2 Multiplayer Remastered mod in development
Yes, you read that right
Modern Warfare 2: just the mention of the name will send a blast of memories to any long-time Call of Duty fan. The scenes of quickscoping, trickshotting, content creation and even competitive CoD all have their earliest roots planted in this hit title.
Since the release of Modern Warfare Remastered alongside Infinite Warfare in 2016, fans have been requesting the same treatment for Modern Warfare 2. In 2020, we would get just that, however it would be campaign mode only – no multiplayer or special ops.
Activision later revealed in a blog post that the decision to not include Multiplayer was made to not separate the player base. In a statement, the company said, “rather than release a separate, multiplayer experience as a standalone pack, Activision and Infinity Ward are looking to bring more classic map experiences to new life within the Modern Warfare universe as it continues to grow and build over time.“
With this harsh reality, some fans would give up hope on ever seeing a remastered MW2 multiplayer – but the modding community took this as an opportunity to create their very own experience. That’s where the Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Remastered project comes in.
According to the development discords Q&A, the Mod will be a remaster of MW2’s multiplayer running in Black Ops 3 on PC. It will not be available for consoles. According to the project lead Gunoftruth, they plan on releasing 9 maps at launch – a large task for the 9 man mod team. At this point, they have made screenshots available for some of the weapons and 2 maps they have remastered, Terminal & Rust. Screenshots available in the gallery below.
As for gameplay elements, here’s a Q&A from their community Discord detailing their plans for gameplay balancing and features.
- Q: Will One Many Army be patched?
- A: Yes. Replenishing explosives is an abusive exploit that was an oversight in the original. Whatever equipment and alt-weapon ammo is used will not be replenished.
- Q: Will Danger Close be nerfed?
- A: No. Without an exploitable OMA (One Man Army) perk to go with it, it’ll likely become less useful like Sonic Boom from COD4.
- Q: Will grenade launcher attachments be nerfed?
- A: Probably not. If they were, they’d use MW3’s damage profile.
- Q: Will the masterkey attachment be buffed?
- A: Probably not.
- Q: Will the Model 1887 be pre-patch?
- A: No.
- Q: Will any primary or secondary weapons be rebalanced?
- A: No.
- Q: Are Deathstreaks returning?
- A: Sadly, yes. They won’t be in earlier builds like the Alpha though.
- Q: Will sniper scopes be 2D overlays like the original or 3D like MWR\MW2CR?
- A: They’ll be 3D like MWR\MW2CR.
- Q: Will you be able to inspect weapons?
- A: Short answer, yes. Long answer, yes.
- Q: Does the mod have controller support and aim assist?
- A: Controller support will be the same as Black Ops 3’s built-in support for both Xbox and PS4 controllers. There is aim assist.
Regarding being able to play, or even see gameplay in action, that’ll be reserved for the lucky few who get selected to participate in the upcoming beta. Sadly, sign ups for that are closed, but you can see a live gameplay walkthrough of the Rust map in a video released by the MW2R MP team below.
To find out more regarding the mod (status of weapons and project developments), you can join the fan created Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Remastered Discord server and read up on all of the progress made so far. As for the 8 man mod team, here’s proper credit for all members.
- Lead – Gunoftruth
- Mappers – Blak, GunofTruth, Stendby
- Scripters – Raptroes, xSanchez78, Jarik
- Gameplay/Misc – Raptroes, Xoxor4d, scobalula
The mod is slated to release in 2021, with a beta test coming soon.
How to get your Twitch 2020 recap
Here's how you can get a full 2020 Twitch recap, showing you your most watched games, streamers, most-popular emotes, and...
Cranked Zombies Tips – Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War has added a new game mode to zombies called "Cranked." Here are a few tips to...
Warzone squad sets new kill record at 143 kills
A new Warzone kill record has been achieved, at an impressive 143 kills. This surpasses Vikkstar's record of 138 kills.