With the latest patch update (version 1.08) for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Raven Software has added in brand new content to the Depot.
The new content includes new ranged weapons, new weapon kits, new customization items, and more.
A full break down of the new content:
Ranged Weapon Collections:
- KAMCHATKA-12 – This is a fully-automatic, 12-gauge shotgun of Russian origin, and features an 8-round detachable box magazine.
- XM-LAR – This fully automatic assault rifle comes from the European theater, and utilizes 7.62x51mm NATO cartridges in a 30-round detachable box.
- .44 MAGNUM – This is the classic .44 Magnum six-round revolver, featuring a stylized military grip and signature long barrel.
- HUNTSMAN – This Sniper Class Weapon Kit gives your sniper rifles the field-ready look of a working class weapon. For example, your sniper rifle can look camouflaged like a ghillie suit or covered in duct tape.
- LAWMAN -Bring a bit of the Old West to Modern Warfare with this Shotgun Class Weapon Kit. You’ll feel like a gunslinger when your shotguns have the look and feel of high-class weapons from Western Americana, complete with filigreed details and wood stocks.
- BATTLE-SCARRED -If you like to get up close and personal, then the SMG is probably one of your workhorse weapons. The Battle-Scarred Weapon Kit will make your weapons look like they have been through many a firefight, scars and all.
- CZAR – The Czar Weapon Kit provides the look of pure gold to your LMGs, putting the bling in your loadout and onto the field of battle. These golden guns are over the top, flashy, and deadly as ever.
Melee Weapon Kits:
- GLADIATOR – Stride into battle with the might of a gladiator when you equip this contemporary recreation of the historical Gladius sword, used as the weapon of choice by Roman foot soldiers.
- HATCHETMAN – Strap on some deadly curves when you add the Military Axe to your loadout. This updated take on the classic hatchet looks fearsome in the field and is ready to do your dirty work.
- WEAPON CAMO SETS – Four new weapon camo sets each bring new camos to the field, with 39 new weapon camos total.
- CALLING CARD SETS – Customize your calling card with 31 new options for you to wear with pride.
- EMBLEM SETS -With 39 new emblems to pair with your calling card, variety is now your middle name.
- RETICLE SETS – Set your sights with new looks with 39 different new reticles to choose from.
On Activision’s blog, Raven Software said the following about today’s new Depot update for Modern Warfare Remastered:
Today, we’re excited to support Modern Warfare Remastered with more content, and introduce even more customization items into Modern Warfare Remastered. Personalization continues to be enjoyed by the community, and we’ve all seen how much players enjoy building the gameplay experience that they want, which is something that wasn’t really possible during the original release. So we are stoked to deliver to fans plenty of options to customize, personalize and continue the fun with these new items.
We also looked very closely at gameplay balance as well. Like everyone, we absolutely love the weapons currently in the game, but wanted to add even more variety into the arsenal. Today we are adding three modern era guns: the Kamchatka-12 (automatic shotgun), XM-LAR (assault rifle) and .44 Magnum (pistol). Like every other weapon, they each have strengths and weaknesses to ensure proper game balance, and through extensive testing we know players will have a blast.
As a studio, balance remains our #1 priority. And just like many of the new items we’ve brought in, you can obtain them by completing a collection of items you acquire with your Parts, or through Supply Drops.
SOURCE: Activision (image via @Burko__)
Woods Operator Bundle for Modern Warfare & Warzone leaked
With the release of the latest patch update for Modern Warfare and Warzone, data miners have been able to find some new content coming up for the game, alongside content that is tied to Black Ops Cold War.
The newest leak gives us the very first look at the Woods Operator Bundle for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone.
First found via Battle.net references, the in-game PC files now have additional details on the Woods Operator Bundle.
Here’s a video of Frank Woods:
The bundle includes the Frank Woods operator to use in Modern Warfare & Warzone for all who purchase any edition of Black Ops Cold War. Details on the different editions are here.
Stay tuned for more news.
Poll: Which Modern Warfare Remastered map is your favorite? – Final Results
Modern Warfare Remastered contains many iconic maps and you voted for your favorites earlier this week.
Earlier in the week, we asked what you favorite Modern Warfare Remasted map is. We included every single map within our poll including the new Daybreak and Beach Bog experiences.
For us, MWR contains so many great experiences that its actually quite hard to pin down our absolute favorites. The potential for both casual and competitive mapsets is quite an anomaly among the Call of Duty, especially the more modern ones.
Among your votes, Crash came in 1st. The map has been reintroduced a few times over the years and remains one of the best small team maps in CoD history.
Shipment came very close behind as one might suspect. The map may have a simple design, but that’s where the fun is. Absolute chaos and mayhem with tons of kills to go around. The map certainly isn’t a strategic experience, but it makes up for it with speed.
Finishing out the Top 5, we had Vacant, Bog, and Backlot. We were a little surprised to see Bog at first, but we understand that the map is a favorite among snipers due to very long sightlines and linear design.
Now, let’s go to the bottom of the pack.
Daybreak, Creek, and Downpour are our bottom 3 choices. This means Downpour actually appears twice…Daybreak is the daytime version of Downpour. We tend to agree that the map feels one-sided, misshapen, and a little too unpredictable for teamplay.
Creek is a ghille-suit nightmare with more grass and leafy piles of dirt than one can count. The map also features very asymmetrical design and a cave which players absolutely love to camp inside. The map can be visually pleasing, but not much else.
You can still vote in the ranked list below if you so choose.
You can find more polls and news on CharlieIntel daily. Make sure to follow us on Twitter at @CharlieIntel.
Detailed statistical breakdown of all customization items in Modern Warfare Remastered
In continuing with our Modern Warfare Remastered content, let’s take a look at just how many customization items there are in Modern Warfare Remastered.
For those who would ask “Why are you doing Modern Warfare Remastered content in 2019?”: MWR just released as a free game for PS Plus’ March titles. So, we’re going back and taking a look at all the game has to offer.
Now that we got that out of the way, let’s really dive into the bigger picture of customization in MWR. There’s quite a lot of items, way more than most other Call of Duty games. It’s a real testament to Raven’s Software dedication to the game.
In all, MWR holds 1504 items in its Collections. That’s a huge amount of additional customization content. “DLC” weapons are not included in this number.
Item Statistics Breakdown
Naturally, you will immediately ask how much of this 1504 number is “junk items?” We consider junk items to be anything really does not bring a whole lot to your experience ie. Stickers in Black Ops 4.
Well, in MWR, there are 337 Emblems, 313 Calling Cards, and 99 Combat Uniforms. Keep in mind that there is no Emblem Editor in MWR so Emblems are bit more sought after than Black Ops 4 (and they are arguably better quality in MWR). Meanwhile, Combat Uniforms are patterns that very slightly change your uniform with most being unnoticeable in combat.
|Operation||Combat Uniforms||Calling Cards||Emblems|
|Days of Summer||4||12||12|
|Shamrock & Awe||2||10||2|
That puts us at 749 “junk items” which is about 50% of the total items.
20.8% of items are Calling Cards, 22.4% are Emblems, and 6.6% are Combat Uniforms.
Alright, let’s move onto the more satisfying items ie. Characters, Weapon Kits, and more.
|Item Type||# of items||% of total|
These four item classes make up the rest of customization items in the game. 6.38% are Characters, 4.19% are Weapon Kits, 22.94% are Camos, and 16.69% are Reticles.
Now, we have to look at one more thing to get the whole picture. The rarities of the items and how these breakdown within the 1504 total. The rarities in MWR are as follows: Common (Grey), Rare (Blue), Legendary (Purple), Epic (Gold), and Bounty Rewards (Collection completion rewards).
Here’s the breakdown of rarities:
|Rarity||# of items||% of total|
Parts Costs Breakdown
Each item can be either received in a Supply Drop or purchased directly with Parts. Parts drops from duplicates and Rare Supply Drops. Bounty Rewards cannot be received from either (you must complete a Collection to receive the Bounty Reward).
Here’s the required Parts per Rarity for each type of customization item in the Depot:
|Rarity||Characters||Uniforms||Calling Cards||Emblems||Weapon Kits||Camos||Reticles|
Note: All Days of Summer and Shamrock & Awe items cost double the regular amount of Parts.
As you can see, if you were to buy everything with only Parts (which is impossible) it would take a massive amount. Thankfully, most items will be received directly from crates and the Parts merely serve as safety to ensure players can finish out Collections without running into horribly bad luck.
While it is fair & factual to say that the Common and Rare items make up most of the items, the spread is quite even in terms of the average loot system. In addition to this, many of the Rare items are actually rather exquisite gun camos.
Some players may not enjoy the Supply Drop system present in MWR, but the game does effectively reward players who spend time playing the game. If you play a lot of MWR, you WILL get a lot of cool customization gear.
This is quite a nice refreshment from the somewhat impossible grinding of Black Ops 4 loot. MWR’s Depot Supply Drop system constants churns out content to those players that put in time with the game and the rewards come at reasonable intervals. The game even lets you choose between Common and Rare Supply Drops (like Black Ops 3) which gives you a choice on when to receive your rewards.