Treyarch has revealed new details on the brand new mode coming to Black Ops Cold War MP: Fireteam: Dirty Bomb.
The team provided a first overview of this mode during the MP reveal back in early September.
This mode features 40 players on a larger map. The 40 players are broken into 10 teams of four.
Treyarch has now revealed the overall objective of this new mode: collect uranium deposits and detonate the bombs. Players have to locate the “Dirty Bombs” scattered throughout the entire map and deposit their found uranium into the bomb. Once the uranium is deposited, the bomb can detonate and help your team get the win.
Fireteam: Dirty Bomb cranks the action up to 11 with multi-squad insanity. A total of 40 players broken out into 10 teams will compete to take out enemies, collect uranium caches, locate Dirty Bombs scattered throughout the map, and successfully deposit their uranium into said bombs to detonate them and get the win.
But there’s more complexions to this mode than first known. Detonating a bomb causes radiation leaks to then effect the overall map, turning areas into hazards for all players. This affects Perks, movements, health, and more as the game progresses.
Each detonation causes radiation to leak out to large areas of the map, scoring points for the team that ignited the bomb and transforming huge portions of the map into radioactive hazards for everyone. The longer a player hangs onto uranium, the longer radiation sickness sets in. This affects Perk benefits, movement, health regeneration, and ultimately, your Operator’s life.
The mode also features a spawn system for this mode specifically in Black Ops Cold War MP. You can redeploy with a parachute, spawning onto a teammate or into the passenger’s seat of a vehicle.
When that life runs out, you’ll experience the Fireteam Spawn system unique to Fireteam modes in Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer. You’ll have to make a tactical choice in redeploying into the map by spawning onto a teammate not currently in combat, by parachuting right back into the action, or by spawning directly into the passenger seat of a teammate’s vehicle for instant gratification.
Fans will get to try this mode during Weekend 2 of the Black Ops Cold War Beta, which begins October 15 and ends October 19.
Treyarch also says that this mode will be playable on “two new large-scale maps.”
Here’s the details on the two maps:
- Ruka (Fireteam) – The essence of Ruka is all about the feeling of running through a dense forest, darting between trees, and using the natural elements as cover and engagement opportunities. On top of that, we wanted to make sure there were good destinations mixed in, so you will find that the Spetsnaz GRU training grounds offer that up, in the form of the obstacle course, cabins, hidden bunkers, etc – it was all about balancing the natural with the man-made elements across the very expansive play space. Make no mistake, Ruka is very large and packed with dangers and opportunities, but we built it to be a sandbox of fun and discovery.
- Alpine (Fireteam) – Alpine is the culmination of a few ideas – it be awesome to build a map on the side of a mountain, and it would be pretty awesome to fight in and around ski slopes, both things we had never explored together. The end result after combining these and lots and lots of playtesting, is a very fun, very unique large map that offers players the opportunities for them to pick their own adventure when they hit the ground. Want high risk verse reward? Check – try crossing, or running up the ski slopes/lanes, you might get sniped. Want to be a CQB master? Check – own the forested sections using the natural elements. Or do you want to roam between medium and long range? We got you, just rotate and roam the man-made structures spread out across the mountain side. Bottom line is that Alpine offers players a lot of ways to play and approach the map – they are in command, and to us, that is the magic sauce.
Try out the new mode in the Black Ops Cold War Beta Weekend 2 now!
Cold War October 26 update patch notes: Battle Axe hit registry fix, playlist update, more
Treyarch Studios has rolled out the Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes, and we have all of the details covered for you.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes have been officially revealed by Treyarch Studios, and they include some major changes and fixes for the first-person shooter.
However, Treyarch Studios is still working on making Black Ops Cold War as good as it can be which is why the focus of the Cold War October 26 update patch notes was on fixing some major issues players have been facing recently.
You can find the Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes and everything they are changing below:
Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes
THE HAUNTING CONTINUES
There’s only one week left in The Haunting limited-time event! Nuketown Halloween, Scream Deathmatch, Infected, and Hallows’ Eve Outbreak continue this week in Featured Playlists, along with some spooky new bundles appearing throughout the week. In today’s update, we’ve added a 10-second time extension for every Survivor killed in Infected, new stability and bug fixes in Zombies, improved hit registration for the Battle Axe in MP and Zombies, and more.
Starting this Friday, get ready for another Triple-Double Weekend featuring Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass XP until 10AM PT Monday, Nov. 1st! If you haven’t completed every challenge in The Haunting to unlock the LAPA SMG, your time is running out. Tick, tock…
Here’s what’s new today:
- Battle Axe
- Addressed an issue that could prevent hits from the Battle Axe from registering properly on nearby enemies in Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Killing a Survivor now adds 10 seconds to the match timer.
- Nuketown Halloween
- Scream Deathmatch
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- 12v12 Moshpit
- Party Games (includes Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt)
- Added stability fixes for issues related to weapon rarity, score from vehicles, upgrade machines, Pumpkin Heads, and Armor spawns.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the “Trick-or-Treat” event Challenge from unlocking in Zombies during The Haunting.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue that allowed multiple players to receive multiple rewards from one stone or chest.
- Addressed an issue that allowed multiple players to use an arcade machine at the same time.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
- Onslaught (PlayStation®)
- Onslaught Elite (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
Cold War & Warzone players claim Windows 11 & Overwolf cause permanent PC bans
Call of Duty players are reportedly getting permanently banned from Warzone and Cold War for using Windows 11 and Overwolf together.
Call of Duty PC players have reported that using a combination of Windows 11 and Overwolf software is getting them permanently banned from Warzone and Cold War, with no sign of the ban being lifted.
Call of Duty devs have been waging an ongoing war with hackers and cheaters, with one dev saying that they are “ruining some of the best work” of his life. Over 800,000 accounts have now been banned, but perhaps not all bans are fair.
Cold War and Warzone PC players are claiming that upgrading to Windows 11 and using it alongside Overwolf is causing them to be permanently banned.
Overwolf is a platform used to create and install in-game apps, such as ‘Outplayed’ which allows players to record their footage. However, this Overwolf app is reportedly causing permabans when used alongside Windows 11.
Reddit user WraithGG claimed they were permanently banned from Warzone “a few weeks ago” after attempting to open Cold War on an Insider Build of Windows 11, with Outplayed from Overwolf open. They said that this is a “well known and apparently rather common issue,” and both Activision and Overwolf are “refusing” to lift the ban or help.
“I have finally received a response from Activision telling me that despite being innocent, they cannot unban my account,” said WraithGG. “They have acknowledged the error in the ban, but are refusing to lift the ban as all bans are final.”
They claim to have also gone to Overwolf regarding the ban, but “Overwolf are also refusing to help, stating that they are not responsible.”
It appears that WraithGG isn’t alone, with Reddit user rks0707 saying that “I switched to 11 and bam! Got permabanned.” They also said that “Activision offer no solution for it.”
If this problem becomes more widespread, Activision may change their stance and unban players flagged for using Windows 11. This could be a similar story to Cold War Zombies players who were unfairly banned by the Sail 630 Nuclear Bug, and later had their accounts restored.
Image Credit: Activision
Black Ops Cold War players are not happy with new LAPA SMG
The LAPA is a new SMG for Black Ops Cold War in Season 6, but fans have complained that it may not be as useful in-game as they hoped.
Black Ops Cold War Season 6 is the last hurrah for the latest CoD entry before Vanguard takes center stage. Unfortunately, the new LAPA SMG has players talking for the wrong reasons since its addition in the last major update.
Unfortunately, not all of the new additions have gone down well among the community, with the new LAPA SMG in particular user under fire from fans.
“…the only thing this thing has is relatively good handling, which is hardly even significant considering all SMGs carry that trait anyways,” said the user.
“It’s the slowest killing SMG, and depends on headshots to simply equal the body shot TTK of other SMGs, and has a very slow muzzle velocity to the point where it becomes almost unusable.”
PartyImpOP also slammed the rest of the Season 6 content, such as “the worst weapon in the Call of Duty history” in the Battle Axe.
Other players were quick to respond to the post, calling the new additions in Season 6 “filler” content at the end of the game’s life in the spotlight.
“Honestly, they were probably just afraid to release more broken weapons right before they abandon ship on this game,” added another Reddit user.
While The Haunting event has been a hit for the most part for Call of Duty fans, it’s clear that some of the new content is living up to expectations.
With so little time before Vanguard drops, it remains to be seen if Raven will take steps to make the LAPA more useful.
Image credits: Activision
“Insane” TikTok Warzone Tec-9 loadout reportedly rivals OTs 9
For those looking to use a different SMG in Warzone Season 6, this Tec-9 loadout from TikTok might just be...
Apex Legends Shadow Royale: Start date, how to play, rewards & challenges
The Apex Legends LTM Shadow Royale is available for players during the Monsters Within Event. Here are all the details...
FaZe Swagg shows off his “aimbot” Warzone settings
FaZe Swagg's most recent video has finally revealed his Warzone settings, allowing fans to see exactly how he plays the...