Activision has announced brand new information on some of the MP content that will be available in the upcoming free to play Call of Duty Mobile game.
There’s a host of fan favorite Call of Duty MP content that will be available in the mobile game, including maps, characters, and weapons, and more.
Activision also stated that a beta version of the Mobile game is currently live in India, with Australia beta testing to kick off soon. More regions for the beta will be added soon, but no details on when for now.
Here’s the details directly from Activision:
Main Menu Functionality
Tapping on the Multiplayer mode tile brings you to the Main Menu, where your character resides. The image above shows four separate menu screens. You’re able to check your messages and invites from other players and friends, find and Add Game Friends, look for other players from recent games, as well as contacting them via in-game text and chat functions.
Total Control: Setting You Up For the Win
The Settings Menu offers a wide variety of ways to optimize your Call of Duty: Mobile experience: You can choose, for example, whether to always be sprinting, adjust your sensitivity, choose how the Gyroscope function works for aiming, and even tweak the Camera Field of Vision. Perhaps the biggest difference compared to Call of Duty on consoles is the ability to choose “Simple Mode” or “Advanced Mode” for your controls; allowing more optimization for mobile performance.
Simple Mode allows automatic fire when your crosshair focuses on an enemy (which sounds helpful, but eats up ammunition), with the option to limit the range of auto-firing from the hip.
Advanced Mode introduces more subtleties to your game; with manual firing, HUD customizations, and the ability to choose how you’re holding each weapon type. For example, you can default your Shotguns to Hip firing, and your Assault Rifles to ADS (Aim Down Sight).
No matter which mode you utilize, you have impressive control over where almost every single interactive game element appears on your screen. You can move the vast majority of all the various HUD icons that you’re used to so they’re all within reach. You choose an element (like emojis, chat functions, crouching, switching to a secondary weapon, reloading, lobbing grenades, or even where your Hit Points and Armor appears), and move the HUD component around until you’re comfortable.
If you’re hoping for exceptional control over your weaponry, then you’ll be pleased to learn the settings menu has, for example, 17 sliders just for tweaking your aiming Sensitivity! Add to that various Team Phrase choices for more rapid communication, and you can see why Call of Duty: Mobile is striving to provide an incredibly well-rounded first-person combat game on handheld devices.
Before any Multiplayer match begins, it’s important to choose the right tools for the job, and there’s plenty of decisions to make, not least in the Scorestreaks menu: Offering a wide variety of offensive equipment, you can choose up to three of them (providing you’ve unlocked each of them using in-game XP) to utilize during a game. Scorestreaks include the Recon Car, UAV, Hunter Killer Drone, Air Supply Drop, Counter UAV, Missile Strike, Drone, Sentry Gun, SAM Turret, Stealth Chopper, and VTOL.
Ultimate Flexibility: Loadouts
Over at the Loadout menu, there’s plenty of customization and gear choices to ponder: At the main Loadout screen (one of four separate menus), expect to pick a Primary weapon (with a separate spot for Optics and three Attachments), as well as a Secondary weapon (with the same augmentation possibilities).
Drilling down into the weapons menus, you can quickly and easily pick and add Skins, sort weapons by type (Primary Weapons include Assault, Sniper, LMG, SMG, and Shotgun, while Secondary Weapons include Pistols, Melee, and Launcher), Rarity (from Common to Legendary), or other elements (such as the time it takes to Level Up or acquire). Then you can easily compare two weapons before securing your preferred hardware, checking the Damage, Accuracy, Range, Fire Rate, and Mobility of each. Each weapon can also be Upgraded, using a Tier system. For those hoping a full complement of ordnance is available can rest easy; there are dozens of variants and different weapons within each type.
In addition to your Primary and Secondary weapon, there’s a choice of an explosive grenade or tactical grenade to lob, and a devastating weapon Skill. These work similarly to the Specialist Weapons in Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4; accessible after a timer countdown, they provide a brutally impressive method of ruining a rival’s day. Current Skills include the Purifier (flamethrower), War Machine (grenade launcher), Death Machine (minigun), Transform Shield (deformable shield), Sparrow (bow), and Tempest (electrical bolt rifle).
Complete your look with up to three Perks to choose from, with each perk slot offering a distinct set of ability choices, such as “Fast Recover” (a better health recovery rate), “Ghost” (enemy UAVs can’t reveal your position), and “Demo Expert” (which increases the damage of explosives).
Finally, you have five Loadout slots, which you can name yourself, copy and paste into another slot, and test out across the multiplayer modes and maps.
Loadouts: Confirmed Characters
You’re also able to take your pick of Soldier to play as. As well as a number of familiar faces across the Call of Duty universe making an appearance, you can choose a more anonymous entity (clad in Merc or other tactical combat gear), and customize the Headgear, Backpack, and Clothing of each. Today, we can confirm six veterans reporting for this Call of Duty:
- Alex Mason, the CIA operative, special agent, and Marine Force Recon Captain (retired), from the Call of Duty®: Black Ops franchise.
- David “Section” Mason, son of Alex Mason, SEAL Team member and J-SOC Commander from Call of Duty®: Black Ops II
- Thomas A. Merrick, a Captain, former Navy SEAL, and Commander of the Ghosts, from Call of Duty®: Ghosts.
- Simon “Ghost” Riley, the skull-textured, balaclava-wearing British special forces lieutenant from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 2.
- John “Soap” MacTavish, the British special forces demolitions and sniping expert from the Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare franchise.
- John Price, the special forces captain with the Bravo Six alias from the Call of Duty®: Modern Warfaref ranchise.
No matter who you choose to play as, expect the same level of fast, tactical gameplay as you engage enemies in the in the combat zone.
And speaking of combat zones….
Newly-Announced Game Modes
When you’ve chosen a Match, Rank Match (for XP and rewards), or Private Matches (for your hand-picked acquaintances), it’s time to pick a game mode to play. The first modes to be revealed are:
- Free-For-All*: The classic every-player-for-themselves deathmatch.
- Frontline**: After spawning at a team base, defeat players on the opposing team.
- Team Deathmatch**: The classic defeat-players-on-the-opposing-team mode.
- Hardpoint**: Capture and hold the hardpoint to earn points.
- Domination**: Capture and hold the designated positions to gain points.
(*This mode supports up to eight players. **This mode supports up to 10 players).
Newly-Announced Multiplayer Maps
A host of iconic Call of Duty maps across the Modern Warfare and Black Ops franchises are playable in Call of Duty: Mobile. With Nuketown, Crash and Hijacked revealed previously, prepare for combat across multiple game modes, and throughout some iconic locations. Today, we can showcase more information on five of the seven revealed Multiplayer maps:
- Crossfire: “Small desert town. Intense interior fighting and strong firefights.” Bring your sniper rifle in this compact street fight; the Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare map is revisited, with cramped and confined structures (where shotguns are a good choice) are flanked by two taller buildings at each end of this Z-shaped thoroughfare.
- Standoff: “Border town between China and Kyrgyzstan. Classic engagements and desintations to fight over.”Also known to Black Ops III fans as Outlaw, this map which originally debuted in Black Ops II offers a variety of tight hiding spots, upper structures that favor the long-range weapon wrangler, and a main compound with a walled perimeter to infiltrate in a variety of gameplay styles.
- Crash: “Downed Sea Knight in a desert town. Fantastic team games.” A classic Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare map, this well-loved map features blind corners, a crashed chopper, rusty barrels, narrow streets overlooked by shelled-out buildings as well as rooftop sniping positions. Expect quick and deadly action during Multiplayer matches here.
- Killhouse: “Speedball style warehouse interior. Great for small teams.” If you’re wanting an almost symmetrical map with a central lookout tower, and have a penchant for rapid takedowns where shotguns can take precedence, practice on Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare’s Killhouse. This warehouse offers multiple wooden and concrete hiding spots, and almost constant action.
- Firing Range: “Military practice facility. Hectic Domination games.” Journey to Cuba in this reworking of an original Black Ops map, seen most recently in Black Ops 4. Corrugated and wooden sheds, long, ruined structures, a muddy courtyard and rusting equipment, abandoned in the hot sun, make this a classic and chaotic map.
There’s more to Call of Duty: Mobile than just Multiplayer matches. Consult the related Activision Games Blog posts (listed below) to discover more about the menus, loadouts, characters, and multiplayer maps, and look for further information in the coming weeks.
Pre-Registration is Open!
Offering some of the most popular maps, characters, and equipment from across Call of Duty, pre-registration for Call of Duty: Mobile is now open in select regions, including North America, South America, Europe, and other territories. Sign up and pre-register for Call of Duty: Mobile on Android and iOS at www.callofduty.com/mobile to receive all the latest game updates, information, and access to the public beta coming this summer in select regions. In addition, pre-registration is also open in China; go to codm.qq.comto sign up within this region.
The first limited-scale closed Beta test began this week in India, and a regional Beta test will kick-off soon in Australia, with more territories coming online in the coming months.
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9 Conquest Patch Notes
The newest update for Call of Duty: Mobile deploys on August 16 at 5PM Pacific time, and the team has shared the patch notes for the new update.
This update debuts the newest season for the Mobile game, Season 9 Conquest. This Season brings the new Gunsmith weapon customization feature, new MP Map, new Battle Royale map expansion, and more features.
Dive into what’s new with the patch notes below.
It is late in the night for many folks but our update is finally here and with that comes Gunsmith, Shipment 1944, a new Ranked Series, and so much more. If you don’t see the update available in your Google Play or Apple Store right now then don’t worry, it is a rolling update that goes region by region so eventually it will reach you. Just have patience and keep checking back.
As per usual, everything listed in the patch notes won’t be available right on launch since some content will be rolling out later during the season, like 10v10 mode and the Battle Pass. Speaking of that Battle Pass full of war torn relics, that is coming out tomorrow as a part of our Season 9: Conquest release! That will be landing at exactly 5 pm (PT).
We’ll have plenty of posts about that on social media as we get closer to that release and a Season 9: Conquest release trailer. For now, check out all of the updates notes below, start trying out new features.
The Gunsmith system is here!
Players can choose from more than a hundred attachments to customize their weapons! Update your favorite weapon with new visual and functional upgrades for a completely unique experience!
- Each weapon has up to nine attachment slots and more than 50 attachments and gun perks available
- Earn attachments by upgrading your weapon level.
- Legendary and Epic weapons are now Blueprints. Blueprints are variants of the base weapons that come with various cosmetic differences as well as curated pre-equipped attachments. These attachments are pre-equipped on each specific blueprint without needing to level up the base weapon to unlock them.
- Rare and Uncommon weapons are now camo options that can be equipped on base weapons
- Highest weapon level is shared across all unlocked weapons and Blueprints of that type. No more needing to level each and every weapon you receive!
- Show off your own personal style with charms, stickers, reticles, and grindable camos
- Save your newly designed weapon as a customized weapon to equip in your Loadouts
- Too complicated? Try the recommended blueprints. Players can see the changing stats while modifying weapons. Weapon stats reflect the actual performance of the weapon
Rank Series 6 runs from 8.2020 – 10.2020
New ranked mode seasonal rewards
- New epic blueprint: QQ9 – Eye Candy
- New epic soldier: Tengu – Undead Crusade
- New epic frame: Bomber Frame
New Battle Pass available August 16th (UTC)!
New Premium Battle Pass Rewards
- New Epic soldiers: Reznov, Nikto – Stronghold, Richtofen, Lev Kravchenko – Soviet Dragon
- New Epic Blueprints: Chopper – Fortress, Kilo Bolt-Action – Lazarus，QQ9 – Trendsetter，Striker – Aeronaut
- New Legendary Calling Card: Take Cover
- New “Battle Dressed” themed items
New Free Battle Pass Rewards
- New base Marksman Rifle: Kilo Bolt-Action. A lethal lightweight marksman rifle that can take the enemy down in one-shot
- New Scorestreak: Shield Turret. A manual operated shielded turret that can be deployed on most surfaces
New Event Rewards
New challenges and missions with new rewards
- New Lethal equipment: Thermite. Sticks to any surface and burns over time upon impact
- New Solider: Nikolai Belinski
- New Epic blueprints: MSMC – Rosie, ICR-1 – Retro Nuclear
- New Perk: Amped – Take advantage of faster primary weapon swap and launcher reload speed (excluding swapping to pistol and melee)
New Featured Game Mode
- Available for Team Death Match, Domination
- Available on Shipment, Takeoff, Meltdown, Crossfire
- Shipment, a Call of Duty classic, is now available! Dash through cargo containers in this action-packed fan favorite.
- Available for: Team Death Match, Domination, Free-For-All, Hardpoint, Gunfight, Ultra Rapid Fire, 1v1, Kill Confirmed, Team Death Match 10v10
- Training Mode – Movable targets and new challenge added
- Domination – Capture progress will pause when players are not in the objective area.
- Domination – Tunisia has been removed from Domination map list on normal MP
- Domination – Meltdown has been removed from Domination map list on ranked MP
- Hardpoint – The next hardpoint in Hardpoint mode will be shown on map, but cannot be captured until it is unlocked
With the new Gunsmith system, all weapons in Battle Royale now perform the same as their Multiplayer versions. Players can modify and customize their weapon in Battle Royale loadout and acquire them from airdrops. Look for brand new weapons on the battlefield with various styles and attachments.
- Players now can acquire loadout customized weapons from airdrop. Every airdrop allows four players to choose one of their customized weapons from their loadouts. (one weapon per player/per airdrop)
- Check out the four new areas added to Battle Royale: Radar Base, Dormitory, Outpost, and Camp
- New Battle Royale weapons of all rarities added. The higher the rarity, the more attachments. Attachments cannot be dropped or equipped to another weapon
- Augment your Battle Royale weapons with Gun Mods. More than 10 new mods to try. Gun Mods can be dropped or equipped to other weapons
- Armor Plate: Recover armor durability by 50%. Use armor plates to repair your vest
- Ammo types now match to corresponding weapon class
IMPROVEMENTS & OPTIMIZATIONS
- Increased Death Machine long-range damage, slightly increased fire rate, increased spin up time after moving.
- Increased Sparrow drawing speed. Increased range when drawing Sparrow back for a shorter amount of time.
- Increased War Machine’s grenades area of effect. Decreased damage on player using War Machine. Optimized animation.
- Decreased Annihilator reloading speed after firing. Slightly decreased fire rate.
- Slightly decreased Gravity Spikes area of effect.
- Molotov Cocktail is now lethal equipment.
- Significantly increased Molotov Cocktail damage.
- Katana’s name and model updated.
- Deploying Stealth Chopper and Cluster Strike will activate a one-time UAV map scan and reveal current locations of enemies.
- Optimized reloading animation
- Optimized firing animation
- Optimized visuals and behavior of laser sight attachments
- Optimized bolt pulling animation of bolt-action sniper rifles
- Extended time limit for squad filling in the middle of a ranked multiplayer match
- Fixed an issue where the SMRS and War Machine can shoot through walls
- Fixed an issue that UAV shows enemy movement instead of current location
- Fixed an issue where players FOV is narrowed when using Katana
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from crouching or going prone
- Fix an issue with incorrect models in Attack of Undead
- Poltergeist: Increased invisibility for the first two seconds after activating Active Camo, regardless of distance
- Trap Master: Decreased Electric Trip Wire’s damage and effect on enemy’s movement speed
- The first safe zone appears earlier in game and collapse slower. Players have more time to reach the first safe zone
- Optimized water visual effect. Water Reflection available in “Very High” graphic quality.
- Decreased tank’s side armor. Adjusted tank’s firing trajectory
- Tank is now equipped with an electronical thermal imaging system
- Tank airdrop is now a random event
- Area names are visible while jumping. Areas with better loot are displayed with orange names
- Optimized the ragdoll physics when being hit by vehicles
- Optimized character movement animation
- Optimized ladder climbing animation
- Optimized player animations when moving along walls
- Optimized health and armor UI
- New opening animation on the jump plane
- New armor penetration feedback
- New jump plane audio indicators
- Fixed an issue with tank spawning in unusable locations
- Fixed an issue where item models would disappear occasionally
- Fixed an issue where gunfire indicator would be the wrong direction on compass
- Fixed an issue where audio would cut out
- Optimized score logic for Ranked Multiplayer
- Optimized matchmaking logic for Ranked Multiplayer
- Optimized match report details
- Players in rank protection lose fewer rank points after a loss
- New squad view when loading into a match
- Optimized Ranked Battle Royale score logic
- Optimized matchmaking logic for Ranked Battle Royale
- New match report UI
- New animation for reaching each higher rank after Pro I
- Fixed an issue where players in rank protection were recognized as lower rank
- Players can unlock most weapons, perks, Operator skills and Sorestreaks before level 55.
ICR-1, Cordite, HVK30, GKS, KN-44, Locus, Pharo, KRM262, HBRa3, Man-O-War and Razorback are now player level rewards. Other base weapons can be unlocked by completing challenges in Gunsmith system or within the free Battle Pass
- Molotov Cocktail and Combat Axe are now player level rewards
- Players can have up to 10 Loadouts in Multiplayer. Loadouts 1-5 are unlocked immediately. Loadouts 6-10 are unlocked through level progression.
- Players now have 5 Loadouts for Battle Royale
- All new player level rewards will be unlocked after upgrading to the new version.
- All new UI for Multiplayer and Battle Royale lobbies. Players can see recommended events and claim rewards before starting a match
- Players can display calling cards, sprays and emote in Multiplayer and Battle Royale team lobbies
- Calling cards can be configured on in game HUD in Control Layouts in Settings menu
- Most event rewards will be claimed automatically during after match report
- New after match summary and sharing UI for Battle Royale winners
- New bug report system
- Optimized in-game HUD
- Optimized UI and user experience for Battle Pass
- Optimized ladder-climbing UI and customization option
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8 The Forge Live Now
The latest season of Call of Duty: Mobile is live now! Season 8 The Forge is going live now on iOS and Android, and brings a variety of new content for players.
The new content includes High-Rise MP map debuting from MW2, new MP modes, new weapons, and more.
Available at launch is:
- New MP Map: Highrise
- New MP Mode: Juggernaut
- New Perk – Shrapnel
- New Weapons: HBRa3 and DRH
Here’s the roadmap:
Call of Duty: Mobile – July 9th Community Update
Greetings Call of Duty: Mobile Community, we are thrilled and delighted to finally share that our brand-new season is called The Forge and it is available right now! Check out the release trailer:
This brand new post-apocalyptic season is filled with characters, items, and events all focused around surviving in the wasteland. We’ll go over all of those specifics below for the new Battle Pass, new events, and the wide variety of new content releasing right now or throughout the season.
Let’s jump into the update below and go over all of those specifics for Season 8: The Forge.
Here is the full look at most events currently running or coming soon in COD Mobile**:**
- 7/10 – 7/16 ~ One Shot One Kill
- 7/10 – 7/16 ~ Gun Game Team Fight
- 7/10 – 7/16 ~ Highrise Brawl
- 7/10 – 7/16 ~ Juggernaut Mania
- 7/17 – 7/30 ~ Solstice Awakened
- 7/10 ~ New Seasonal Challenges
- 7/10 ~ Credit Store Update
- All Month Long ~ Juggernaut Mode
- All Month Long ~ Training Mode
- All Month Long ~ Kill Confirmed
*All Dates UTC
While we aren’t listing those notes here, you find some update notes upon launching the game or on the App Store or Google Play Store under the “What’s new section”. However, outside of smaller details most of that is covered here and if you have any questions about any events or new pieces of content then please feel free to reach out.
Season 8 – Roadmap
We are back with a brand-new season and a brand-new Roadmap! As per usual, this doesn’t contain everything coming out in the season but it is meant to give a general look at some of the major pieces of content coming out alongside an estimation of when they might be releasing. Have a look.
Season 8 – Battle Pass
While there are a large number of items available to acquire in the free and premium versions of this season’s Battle Pass, many of which are themed exclusively around this season’s post-apocalyptic theme, we do have a few standouts in each portion of the pass. Here is a quick summary.
Free Battle Pass
- Perk – Shrapnel (tier 14)
- New Weapon – DR-H – Common (tier 21)
- PDW-57 – Desperate Measures (tier 41)
- RUS-79U – Desperate Measures (tier 50)
Paid Battle Pass
- Tank Dempsey – Wrecker (tier 1)
- KN-44 – Living Rust (tier 1)
- Tank – Wrecked (tier 1)
- Reaper – The Grinder (tier 12)
- Prophet – Dust Bowl (tier 30)
- AK117 – Kit Bag (tier 40)
- Emote – Rage Quit (tier 49)
- Kreuger – Reaper (tier 50)
- DR-H – Chained (tier 50)
- Legendary Calling Card – Hot Metal (tier 50)
This Battle Pass contains a few firsts, like the first skin for the (love it or hate it) Tank BR vehicle, the newest assault rifle, the DR-H, and the Perk, Shrapnel. We also have multiple characters in the pass, including Tank Dempsey, Reaper, Prophet, and Kreuger. Lastly, due to community feedback we’ve brought emotes back into the Battle Pass with Rage Quit at tier 49.
Lastly, there is the extra benefit to the Premium or Premium+ Battle Pass: a season long BP XP bonus. Purchase either of those versions and receive a 25% bonus to XP earned from matches played.
For more information on that and the whole seasonal release, including the Battle Pass, take a look at our newest Activision Games Blog post: ATVI – S8 Blog
Juggernaut Mode & Challenge
The newest mode to land in Call of Duty: Mobile is the Multiplayer mode – Juggernaut. This classic Call of Duty mode from Modern Warfare 3 is all about 5 vs 1 gameplay with five players attempting to take down the Juggernaut for guts, glory, and of course the highest score.
This old mode has been revamped with a few new mechanics to make it unique to COD: Mobile. First off, the Juggernaut is the X-51 Goliath (the scorestreak) equipped with the death machine and plenty of armor. There are no loadouts and instead you’ll able to find and use armament boxes that provide operator skills or buffs.
Here are the basic details for Juggernaut mode:
- Total Players: 6
- Any player that takes down the Juggernaut becomes the Juggernaut
- No Loadouts, Operator Skills (outside of armament boxes), or scorestreaks are available
- The first player to reach the score limit wins
In addition, we have an event running alongside the mode called Juggernaut Mania. Running until July 16th, this event offers you a variety of rewards for playing Juggernaut mode while completing various tasks and earning some sweet victories.
For completing these tasks, you can acquire the M4LMG – Sight Unseen, Gravedigger Frame, J358 – Stream, or other rewards. It is all live now, so check it out in-game.
Highrise Map & Challenge
This fan-favorite map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 makes its way to Call of Duty: Mobile as a part of this newest release! This mid-size Multiplayer map offers a wide variety of engagements across an open roof-top, close quarter offices, and throughout a multi-tiered layout that challenges you at every turn. Smgs, shotguns, and assault rifles will be at home here and adaptable to most scenarios.
This map is available on a wide variety of permanent and limited modes, including Juggernaut, Attack of the Undead, Kill Confirmed, Team Death Match, Search & Destroy and Domination. Get a tour of Highrise in our latest flyby video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/ZkCtQpbLFoI
In addition, if you are looking for the real low-down of the map alongside some tips, tricks, and loadout recommendations then look no further than our Highrise Map Snapshot.
Of course, Highrise comes with its own event tied to it as well called Highrise Brawl. As you might expect, this challenge is focused purely around just playing this new map. By doing that you can earn credits, Knife – Stream, and the LK24 – Persisted. Complete that before July 16th to collect all of the rewards.
Another new season means another new set of seasonal challenges! This time around we have plenty of new gear to grab – not just weapons – and we’ll give some brief information on all three of those seasonal challenges below alongside highlights of some of the rewards available.
Survival of the Fittest
This six-part seasonal challenge is for all of you Battle Royale fans! Complete a wide variety of tasks, like shooting down helicopters, using the tank, or just playing BR matches and you’ll have an array of different gear to earn.
- (Uncommon) Motorcycle – Arctic Digital
- (Uncommon) ORV – Wasteland Red
- (Uncommon) RUS-79U – Arctic Digital
- (Rare) Calling Card – Reclaimed
- (Rare) Pharo – Sight Unseen
This four-part seasonal challenge has you completing tasks focused entirely around Operator Skills and in particular showing your dominance with Gravity Spikes, the H.I.V.E., the Sparrow, and the Purifier. Complete these tasks and you’ll earn Battle Pass XP and credits, but also the following:
- (Uncommon) DL Q33 – Arctic Digital
- (Rare) Calling Card – Take Off
This eight-part seasonal challenge has the toughest tasks of these initial three challenges, but it also has the most rewards. These tasks require you to use a variety of different weapons to get kills in specific circumstances or scenarios, like by using specific attachments only. However, this is also the first way, outside of Ranked, to earn the long sought after HBRa3.
This one has a huge number of rewards to earn, like more Battle Pass XP, but here are the main rewards:
- (Uncommon) AK-47 Arctic Digital
- (Rare) Calling Card – Inferno
- (Rare) ICR-1 – Persisted
- (Common) HBRa3
- (Rare) HBRa3 – Persisted
We’ll have more seasonal challenges starting later on in the season, like usual, and with more weapons, items, and general gear to earn. Keep an eye out for those details in future updates.
Credit Store Update
What’s another seasonal release with another credit store update 😉? Well, this one is nearly entirely weapon focused so if you’ve been missing out any of these specific weapon types now is a good time to jump in and start trying it out. Here are all of the items releasing today.
- (Epic) RUS-79U – Moonstone
- BK57 – Strapped
- Striker – Riveted Green
- AK-47 – Dark Fiber
- Backpack – Ashen Viper
Operator Skill – Katana
While this operator skill isn’t releasing alongside the season release (it is actually releasing late in the season) we still would like to highlight it and show the specifics of how you can slice through your enemies with this new skill.
This Operator Skill is straight-forward: activate it, lock onto nearby enemies (even through smoke), and slice away with lethal one-shot melee attacks. You’ll go into third person while this skill is activated, which will help you stay alert, but you’ll still be just as vulnerable as normal to enemy gunfire. Check it out in action.0:000:15
This will be available to be earned through an event called Katana Kill towards the end of July/beginning of August. Keep an eye out for that exact date in future community updates.
Solstice Awakened Event
This post-apocalyptic event will have you collecting items while playing various maps. All of these items are based around resources that have to be gathered using featured playlists and each playlist will offer different resources. You’ll just need to get kills in these playlists and you’ll automatically acquire resources, which you can then exchange for rewards.
This mode comes out on July 17th so we’ll have more specific details then on how it will work, but get ready for some more earnable weapons, like a S8 themed epic Man-O-War assault rifle
Days of Summer Event
While Solstice Awakened is coming rather soon Days of Summer will be hitting the beaches in the later part of the season. This wet and wild event will offer a variety of unique Summer themed rewards alongside a variety of general tasks. Most importantly, what is in for you? Well, just some entirely new and unique items that have never been released before 😉.
We’ll have our very first skin for an Operator Skill releasing in this event for the Purifier and a brand-new character. Some of those items will be coming in the form of grindable challenges while other items may be paid content. We will be sure to share plenty more about that as we get closer to that event!
Public Test Build
Shortly after the release of this season we’ll have another public test build coming and with some early content for our next update. We’ll have a unique post up just for that release and just a reminder that this build will be only for Android devices, and it is a separate app that will not interfere the current version of Call of Duty: Mobile.
It will feature some unique content from that future update and it is something we are eager to get your feedback on as early as possible. That feedback will go towards shaping how this feature releases in August. In addition, we may have more public test builds release after the first with more S9 content.
Please check back early next week for a separate post all about that and thanks to everyone in advance who jumps in to help us test this content.
Newest Weapon – DR-H
The most recently added weapon to the game is an assault rifle, the DR-H. This short to mid-range weapon has unique attachments and a strong damage output, but you’ll have to contend with a high recoil.
The OTM is a new attachment for this weapon and it increases any shots that hit an enemy player’s body. Additionally, the damage drop off is unique to assault rifles in regard to how long it takes for damage to decrease over range. Check that all out in our newest video highlighting this weapon.
You can find this new weapon specifically in the S8 Battle Pass and with free and premium options.
While there is so much releasing today, like that jam-packed character driven Battle Pass, there is also so much more coming throughout the season, like two unique seasonal events (Days of Summer and Solstice Awakened), seasonal challenges, limited time modes, more World Championship events, and a wide variety of giveaways and events going through our social media or community channels.
Keep an eye out for all of that releasing through the season and please keep on sharing your feedback, any bug reports, and your wonderful creative designs for weapons, character art, and everything else. Let the memes roll!
See you all next early next week for another post about the Public Test Build and enjoy the new Season!
SOURCE: The Call of Duty: Mobile Team
New Call of Duty Endowment Pack available in CoD Mobile
Activision has announced a new customization pack is now available in Call of Duty: Mobile on iOS and Android that supports the Call of DUty Endowment.
The Call of Duty Endowment Freedom Pack is now available in-game and only available until July 16. 100% of Activision’s profits will be donated to the endowment charity, which helps veterans find jobs.
Here’s what the Freedom Pack includes:
The Freedom Pack contains seven items that players can equip for Multiplayer and Battle Royale matches. All items feature a red, white, and blue camo displaying a distinct Endowment design. Purchasing this pack directly supports veterans looking for high quality jobs.
· M16 – Hot and Cold: Sport this cool camo while exceling at mid-range engagements with the M16.
· MW11 – Hot and Cold: A strong secondary, get the MW11- Hot and Cold for a quick swap when your primary runs dry.
· Parachute: Equip this distinct parachute for your drop into the expanded Battle Royale map. Show off your support as you sail through the skies, then land and show the enemy you mean business.
· Wingsuit: Soar for freedom with the Freedom Pack wingsuit.
· Frag Grenade – Hot and Cold: Throw your support behind veterans and equip the Hot and Cold camo, before you toss this equipment at the enemy.
· Calling Card: Show your support in the lobby with this Endowment calling card.
· Emblem: This emblem includes the Endowment’s signature logo.
The Call of Duty Endowment Freedom Pack is available in Call of Duty: Mobile starting on July 1 at 5 PM PT. This is a limited time offer that will end July 16 at 12AM UTC.
Load up the game on your phone now and support the Endowment!
Black Ops Cold War Zombies: new PawnTakesPawn site emerges
The Pawn Takes Pawn site just can’t die. Activision has sent out another round of large crates to select content...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6: Date, Subway, & Operators
Activision and Infinity Ward announced that Season 6 for Modern Warfare and Warzone begins on Tuesday, September 29. The company...
This Week in Modern Warfare & Warzone: 2XP & Store Bundles
Call of Duty Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what players can expect in Call...