A new patch for Advanced Warfare is now live on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 (as of Dec. 11th), PS3 (as of Dec. 16th), and as of Dec. 18th, now live on PC. (due note PS3 & PC players, certain patch notes listed below were pushed live before today’s patch). Players will be prompted to download an update the next time they launch the game. This patch brings a lot of new updates and bug fixes.
Official patch notes:
Xbox 360 Specific Updates:
- Fixed operator load in issue with guest profiles.
- Fixed rare issue when entering and exiting menus too quickly.
- Fixed issue where party leader wasn’t able to transfer party leadership to other players.
- Fixed Host Migration issues.
- Fixed an issue with Splitscreen when entering the store.
Game Update: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC
Security and Anti-Cheat Updates:
- Multiple fixes for invalid player data, which allowed custom “super” classes.
- Added offensive emblem policy message to emblem editor main page and save pop-up.
- Added additional enforcement for offensive player-created emblems.
- Polish and fan requested improvements.
- General Emblem Editor polish and fan requested improvements. Including colors, layers, etc.
- Added ability to set an emblem as your clan emblem.
- Added support for new upcoming AE4 weapon, including challenges.
- Fixed issues with invites between Multiplayer and Exo Survival modes that would exclude -Splitscreen party leader is unable to invite anyone to their party.
- Fixed issue where newly unlocked items were not showing up in the new items list.
- Safe Area adjustments for Spectator HUD.
- Added categories to Armory. (All Loot, Redeemable Loot, Time Limited Loot, and Permanent Loot)
- Fixed issue where Armory Page Count displays incorrectly and added time remaining information for all Time Limited Loot Items.
- Fixed an issue where the scoreboard on the after action report was not highlighting the active player.
- Added indication of how many modules a Scorestreak can have based on player’s rank level.
- Updated lobby status info for System Link games while in the firing range.
- Fixed an issue where the “Completed” text would show up on locked calling cards, after scrolling over an unlocked/completed calling card.
- Updated Multiplayer Main Menu to include Friends list option by default.
- Updated Prestige menu flow experience and information displayed.
- Added the ability to customize Scorestreaks within the Scorestreaks selection menu.
- Fixed Momentum mantle prompt overlapping with 2X indicator
- Fixed issue with the “Taking” icon overlapping the flag icons in Momentum Splitscreen.
- Fixed issue with the Reinforcement icon overlapping HUD while playing in Splitscreen.
- Added “RELOAD”, “LOW AMMO”, and “NO AMMO” HUD notifications on all Weapon Loot.
- Fixed stretched weapon loot icon in Killcam feeds.
- Fixed issue where 1st players progress in Exo Survival would be lost when signing into a Splitscreen local play.
- Fixed Lynx ammo count issue.
- Fixed Care Package trap module exploit.
- Fixed threat indicator issue with friendly MDL projectiles and the Crossbow Bolts
- Fixed Goliath pod down on planted bomb.
- Fixed Goliath getting stuck issues.
- Fixed Goliath players out of world exploit.
- Fixed issue where the Ameli – Chicanery Elite variant would remain locked after permanent unlock via Prestige.
- Fixed rare issue where MDL projectiles would not explode.
- Fixed an exploit where the Minimap would be visible when you paused during a Killcam,
- Fixed issue where players being invited into a bonus playlist while the game is still installing, which would cause a crash when loading Atlas Gorge.
- Fixed issue when rapid supply package from a supply drop appear locked and expired.
- Fixed rare visual affect issue when ADS with the Sniper, ACOG, Variable Zoom, and Ballistic scopes would not appear correctly.
- Widened the Clan Invite Details window to accommodate long clan names.
- Added warning message when transferring ownership of Clan.
- Added Clan member position display label to the Clan Roster
- Fixed Far Sighted” challenge requiring four long shot medals instead of the three to complete
- Fixed an issue with the “Super Star” challenge, where it did not prompt the player that 6 or more people are needed to complete the challenge.
- Fixed an issue with the “Crushing Victory” challenge where it would not track properly when there are less than 6 players in the match.
Weapon Balancing Updates (Note: Adjustments affect base weapon and all loot variants):
- Bal27: damage reduced, max damage range decreased, recoil adjusted
- HBRa3: max damage range decreased
- ASM1: max damage range increased
- MP11: max damage range increased
- EM1: damage increased
- EPM3: damage increased, ads time decreased
- XMG: damage increased, lockdown mode increased
- Ameli: damage increased
- Pytaek: damage increased
- Fixed an issue where the System Hack Graphic would remain on Broadcaster’s Screen, even after system hack event was over.
- Fixed issue with Care package drone delivery if System Hack is activated at beginning of delivery.
- Fixed issue with not being able to kill care package drone.
- Fixed issue where all medals earned while operating a Scorestreak would not appear on players screen.
- Fixed rare issue of players losing the ability to activate Scorestreaks when killed while moving a turret.
- Fixed an issue where the player could have his weapon dropped after returning from controlling a Scorestreak.
- Fixed issue where player wouldn’t be able to trigger game objects while using the ripped turret.
- Fixed an issue with the Paladin where Friend or Foe overlay would remain on if you joined a Paladin Scorestreak and immediately exited Scorestreak.
- Fixed issue where the player would get credited with assault drone challenges when they used a Map Based Scorestreak.
Broadcaster UI Updates:
- Added the bomb planting/defusing UI to the Broadcaster UI.
- Adjusted scoreboard placement when viewing through Broadcaster.
- Fixed issue where the bomb icon in the Broadcaster UI wouldn’t disappear when the bomb carrier planted the bomb.
- Fixed issue where the match summary in the After Action Report wouldn’t update with Scoreboard for the broadcaster.
- Updated HUD outlines for Broadcaster.
- Fixed issue where Aim Down Sights overlays weren’t being displayed for Sniper Scopes.
- Removed player rank information from being displayed in the Fullscreen scoreboard and the overhead names.
- Added objective information to the Broadcaster scoreboard. This information appears in the gray bar beneath the teams’ scores.
- CODVision is now brighter and easier to see. Added Broadcaster HUD UI elements including active player info, in-game scoreboard/status, mini-map highlights player with satellite (Uplink), persistent weapon info, and objective information in First Person Mode.
- Added functionality for broadcaster settings to be remembered between rounds.
- Added a subtitle to the broadcaster scoreboard that displays the current Hardpoint’s timer; or the current round number in Capture the Flag, Search & Destroy, and Uplink.
- The primary timer in the broadcaster scoreboard is now yellow once the bomb has been planted. Will switch to red when timer reaches 10 seconds.
eSports Settings Changes:
- Search and Destroy Silent Plant = Enabled
- Spectating POV = First Person Only
- Battle Chatter = Disabled
- Uplink Respawn Delay = 5 Seconds
- Hardpoint Respawn Delay = 2.5 Seconds
- Team Kill Penalty = None
- Friendly Fire = Enabled
- Explosive Delay = None
Ranked Play Updates:
- Remove Join in Progress.
- Turning on Skill Based Matchmaking.
- Turning off friendly fire.
- Fixed issue where the player wouldn’t lose division points from abandoning the match by using the system close application option.
- Initialize disconnect penalty as soon as the match starts.
- Utilize latest eSports rule set:
- Primary Weapons – All Specials
- Secondary Weapons – All Launchers
- Attachments – Tracker, Grenade Launcher, Akimbo
- Wildcards – Bombardier
- Exo Ability – Ping
- Exo Launcher – Tracking Drone, Explosive Drone
- Scorestreaks – UAV, Orbital Care Package, System Hack
- Scorestreaks Modules – Bombing Run Care Package Upgrade, XS1 Goliath Recon, and All Support Modules.
Game Mode Specific Updates (Note: Adjusted score amounts for various events and objective modes.)
Search & Destroy:
- Fixed rare Search & Destroy Killcam issue.
- [Broadcaster] Added various Search & Destroy UI improvements.
- [Broadcaster] Fixed the bug where the “Target A” and “Target B” in-world icons wouldn’t disappear when the bomb was planted.
Capture the Flag:
- Removed the text that duplicates the information presented by the flag icons.
- Adjusted spawn logic in Capture the Flag to make it less likely for players to spawn near their own flag.
- [Broadcaster] Added a timer that displays the time remaining until the flag automatically resets when the flag is on the ground.
- [Broadcaster] Added various Uplink UI improvements.
- Added distance limitation to passing the Satellite Drone in Uplink. This prevents the players from passing it across the entire map.
- Also adjusted the required throw angle.
- Fixed spawn points issue in uplink.
- [Broadcaster] Added various Hardpoint UI improvements.
- Altered Spawn logic to prevent cluster spawning near the Hardpoint.
- Fixed rare Hardpoint location disappearing issue in Private Match.
- [Broadcaster] Adjusted so that the broadcaster will now see a “Defend” icon appear on the HUD when the spectated player is standing in the Hardpoint.
- [Broadcaster] Changed the team scores to display a list of flags with the current state of the flags.
- [Broadcaster] The objective bar now displays the current state of the contested flag, and displays a bar that illustrates the current capture progress.
Map Specific Updates
Note: Many of the following updates apply to all maps, and are directly improved based on the findings of our security team and via community response to exploits.
- Fixed player out of world exploits throughout. [Applies to Exo Survival.]
- Fixed Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world exploits throughout.
- Fixed rare spectate cam issue.
- Fixed rare Tactical Insertion exploit in Infected.
- Fixed Warbird out-of-bounds exploit.
- Fixed various clipping issues with the Goliath.
Exo Survival Global Updates:
- Fixed issues with the score number in the Exo survival after action report.
- Fixed an issue where players would get “Share Package” medals using a partners Goliath Scorestreak.
- Fixed automatic revive issues at the start of the next round.
Classic Call of Duty maps recreated as awesome LEGO sets
Everyone has their favorite Call of Duty map and these eight classic maps have been fully recreated with LEGO bricks in stunning detail.
The Call of Duty series has been responsible for some of the most iconic maps in gaming history over the years. Now, some of the most beloved have been reimagined in LEGO.
With the release of Call of Duty: Vanguard, the 18th main CoD entry, edging ever closer, now is as good a time as any to celebrate the series’ history. The sheer number of classic maps has gone a long way to CoD as popular as it is today.
With that in mind, the folks over at Diamond Lobby have recreated some of the most recognizable Call of Duty maps as real LEGO sets. See for yourself below.
If you’re wondering how it was done, Diamond Lobby used a computer program containing every LEGO brick to design and create each map.
Then a 3D designer was drafted in to help make the creations a reality. While it is possible to make these sets yourself, it can vary between $1,340 and $4,726 to track down every brick needed.
You can see all eight of the classic CoD maps, as well the first game they featured in, right here:
Nuketown – Black Ops
Arguably one of the most iconic maps in the entire series, this staple has been updated and revamped for every entry in the Black Ops series.
Rust – Modern Warfare 2
Rust is possibly best known as where the dramatic finale of Modern Warfare 2’s campaign took place. Or where disputes were settled in a 1v1.
Castle – World at War
Castle is one of the best WWII-themed maps in the series to date. That explains why it’s coming back in CoD: Vanguard later this year.
Terminal – Modern Warfare 2
Another MW2 classic, going for a nuke by camping on the plane will bring back plenty of memories for long-time fans.
Slums – Black Ops II
This may not have been the favorite among the average players, but anyone who follows competitive CoD will know that Slums is one of the best.
Crash – Modern Warfare (2007)
The sign of any great map is when it comes back again and again. Crash has featured in four separate titles, securing its place as an all-time great.
Firing Range – Black Ops
Yet another close-quarters map showing up in many different games, Firing Range, along with Nuketown and Launch, were the standouts from the first entry in the Black Ops sub-series.
Raid – Black Ops II
The newest map on this, but by no means the worst. Raid made its way into Blacks Ops Cold War thanks to its popularity back in 2012.
Those were eight classic Call of Duty maps amazingly recreated as LEGO sets.
For more of the latest CoD news, check out the teaser for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6.
Image Credits: Diamond Lobby / Activision
All Black Ops 4 Prestige emblems & how to get them
Here’s every Black Ops 4 Prestige emblem across multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout – and how to unlock them to show off your accomplishments.
Black Ops 4 was the last Call of Duty title to feature a traditional Prestige system, so here are all the emblems and how to get them.
In every Call of Duty game since the original CoD 4: Modern Warfare, players have been able to flex their skill and time put in my Prestiging.
This resets your rank back to level 1, giving you a new grind and rewards to show for it. One of these rewards is a cool-looking new emblem to show everyone in the lobby that you’re a serious competitor.
2018’s Black Ops 4 was the last Call of Duty to feature the classic Prestige system, so we’re taking a look at how to Prestige and every emblem in BO4.
How to Prestige in Black Ops 4
To Prestige in Black Ops 4, you need to hit the max level in the game. Once you’ve done that, you can Prestige and start unlocking new items as you continue to do so. And once you’ve Prestiged 10 times, you can hit Prestige Master and get another unique emblem.
The max level in Black Ops 4 is 55 in multiplayer and Zombies and 80 in Blackout, so you need to hit this level 10 times to be Prestige Master.
Here’s a simple guide to Prestiging in Black Ops 4:
- Play Black Ops 4 multiplayer, Zombies, or Blackout until you reach max level
- Press the ‘menu’ button and you’ll see a prompt saying, “Prestige mode available”
- Follow the prompt to the Progress & Unlocks screen
- Press ‘Enter Prestige Mode’ in the top right corner of the screen
You’ll have now Prestiged, so keep doing this until you hit Prestige Master!
All Black Ops 4 multiplayer Prestige emblems
There were 10 Prestige levels in Black Ops 4’s multiplayer, with a unique emblem available for players who reached Prestige Master.
Here’s every Black Ops 4 multiplayer Prestige emblem in order.
All Black Ops 4 Zombies Prestige emblems
Black Ops 4 offers separate Prestige emblems for the Zombies grinders. Again, there are 10 Prestige levels to climb through, and a special Prestige Master emblem for those who went above and beyond.
Here are Black Ops 4’s Zombies Prestige emblems.
Black Ops 4 Blackout Prestige emblems
As part of Operation Grand Heist, Call of Duty 4’s battle royale, Blackout, got its own Prestige system. This acts the same as multiplayer and Zombies, with those hitting level 80 being able to Prestige.
Here are all of Black Ops 4’s Blackout Prestige emblems.
And those are all of the Prestige emblems in Black Ops 4! For more on this Call of Duty title, check out how many people play it in 2021.
Image Credit:Treyarch / u/Swiiifto via Reddit
How many people play Black Ops 4? 2021 player count
Ever wondered how many people are currently playing Black Ops 4? We look at the 2018 Call of Duty title’s 2021 player count.
If you’re looking at picking up Black Ops 4, it’s worth knowing how many people are playing the game. We’re taking a look at how many are still playing 2018’s Call of Duty title in 2021.
Black Ops 4 was the last Call of Duty title to release before Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War shook up the formula. It featured the first-ever CoD battle royale, Blackout, which paved the way for Warzone’s incredible success.
The game became free as part of PlayStation Plus in July, but with no joint progression system, there’s less of a reason to go back to it. However, many still prefer the game’s mechanics and maps, so it still has a player base.
Here’s how many people are still playing Black Ops 4 in 2021.
What is Black Ops 4’s player count in 2021?
Unfortunately, there’s no precise way to tell how many people are playing Black Ops 4 in 2021. However, we’ve done some digging around various player count tracking websites to come up with a rough estimate.
According to PlayStation tracking website PS-Timetracker, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 was played by 2,510 of their users in August 2021. Of course, the number is likely much higher because you must sign up to have your stats tracked, and it only takes PlayStation players into account.
Another website, PlayerCounter, says that, at the time of writing, there are roughly 12,000 people playing Call of Duty games released before Modern Warfare (2019). Unfortunately, Black Ops 4 has been included with the other previous CoD games, so there is no precise data.
From this info, we estimate that there is likely somewhere between 5,000-10,000 players playing Black Ops 4 in September 2021.
Black Ops 4 player count comparison
Activision revealed in May that Call of Duty: Warzone has had over 100 million players log in to the battle royale title. According to PlayerCounter, there are 2 million players playing Modern Warfare right now, but this likely takes Warzone into account too.
According to Steam Charts, Black Ops III has 1,300 active users and the rest of the Call of Duty titles on Steam, such as WWII and Advanced Warfare, have player counts only in the hundreds. However, incorporating consoles likely makes the player counts higher.
Image Credit: Activision
How to get CoD: Mobile Prime Gaming rewards
CoD: Mobile players can now secure some exciting items through Prime gaming, and we have what you need to know...
Best AK-74u loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 5
The AK-74u is an extremely strong SMG in Warzone Season 5, so here are the attachments and perks needed to...
Warzone team gets world’s fastest win on Rebirth Island in hilarious fashion
Rebirth Island allows for teams to secure very fast Warzone wins, but one team recently took it to the next...