A new patch for Advanced Warfare is now live on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 (as of Dec. 11th), PS3 (as of Dec. 16th), and as of Dec. 18th, now live on PC. (due note PS3 & PC players, certain patch notes listed below were pushed live before today’s patch). Players will be prompted to download an update the next time they launch the game. This patch brings a lot of new updates and bug fixes.
Official patch notes:
Xbox 360 Specific Updates:
- Fixed operator load in issue with guest profiles.
- Fixed rare issue when entering and exiting menus too quickly.
- Fixed issue where party leader wasn’t able to transfer party leadership to other players.
- Fixed Host Migration issues.
- Fixed an issue with Splitscreen when entering the store.
Game Update: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC
Security and Anti-Cheat Updates:
- Multiple fixes for invalid player data, which allowed custom “super” classes.
- Added offensive emblem policy message to emblem editor main page and save pop-up.
- Added additional enforcement for offensive player-created emblems.
- Polish and fan requested improvements.
- General Emblem Editor polish and fan requested improvements. Including colors, layers, etc.
- Added ability to set an emblem as your clan emblem.
- Added support for new upcoming AE4 weapon, including challenges.
- Fixed issues with invites between Multiplayer and Exo Survival modes that would exclude -Splitscreen party leader is unable to invite anyone to their party.
- Fixed issue where newly unlocked items were not showing up in the new items list.
- Safe Area adjustments for Spectator HUD.
- Added categories to Armory. (All Loot, Redeemable Loot, Time Limited Loot, and Permanent Loot)
- Fixed issue where Armory Page Count displays incorrectly and added time remaining information for all Time Limited Loot Items.
- Fixed an issue where the scoreboard on the after action report was not highlighting the active player.
- Added indication of how many modules a Scorestreak can have based on player’s rank level.
- Updated lobby status info for System Link games while in the firing range.
- Fixed an issue where the “Completed” text would show up on locked calling cards, after scrolling over an unlocked/completed calling card.
- Updated Multiplayer Main Menu to include Friends list option by default.
- Updated Prestige menu flow experience and information displayed.
- Added the ability to customize Scorestreaks within the Scorestreaks selection menu.
- Fixed Momentum mantle prompt overlapping with 2X indicator
- Fixed issue with the “Taking” icon overlapping the flag icons in Momentum Splitscreen.
- Fixed issue with the Reinforcement icon overlapping HUD while playing in Splitscreen.
- Added “RELOAD”, “LOW AMMO”, and “NO AMMO” HUD notifications on all Weapon Loot.
- Fixed stretched weapon loot icon in Killcam feeds.
- Fixed issue where 1st players progress in Exo Survival would be lost when signing into a Splitscreen local play.
- Fixed Lynx ammo count issue.
- Fixed Care Package trap module exploit.
- Fixed threat indicator issue with friendly MDL projectiles and the Crossbow Bolts
- Fixed Goliath pod down on planted bomb.
- Fixed Goliath getting stuck issues.
- Fixed Goliath players out of world exploit.
- Fixed issue where the Ameli – Chicanery Elite variant would remain locked after permanent unlock via Prestige.
- Fixed rare issue where MDL projectiles would not explode.
- Fixed an exploit where the Minimap would be visible when you paused during a Killcam,
- Fixed issue where players being invited into a bonus playlist while the game is still installing, which would cause a crash when loading Atlas Gorge.
- Fixed issue when rapid supply package from a supply drop appear locked and expired.
- Fixed rare visual affect issue when ADS with the Sniper, ACOG, Variable Zoom, and Ballistic scopes would not appear correctly.
- Widened the Clan Invite Details window to accommodate long clan names.
- Added warning message when transferring ownership of Clan.
- Added Clan member position display label to the Clan Roster
- Fixed Far Sighted” challenge requiring four long shot medals instead of the three to complete
- Fixed an issue with the “Super Star” challenge, where it did not prompt the player that 6 or more people are needed to complete the challenge.
- Fixed an issue with the “Crushing Victory” challenge where it would not track properly when there are less than 6 players in the match.
Weapon Balancing Updates (Note: Adjustments affect base weapon and all loot variants):
- Bal27: damage reduced, max damage range decreased, recoil adjusted
- HBRa3: max damage range decreased
- ASM1: max damage range increased
- MP11: max damage range increased
- EM1: damage increased
- EPM3: damage increased, ads time decreased
- XMG: damage increased, lockdown mode increased
- Ameli: damage increased
- Pytaek: damage increased
- Fixed an issue where the System Hack Graphic would remain on Broadcaster’s Screen, even after system hack event was over.
- Fixed issue with Care package drone delivery if System Hack is activated at beginning of delivery.
- Fixed issue with not being able to kill care package drone.
- Fixed issue where all medals earned while operating a Scorestreak would not appear on players screen.
- Fixed rare issue of players losing the ability to activate Scorestreaks when killed while moving a turret.
- Fixed an issue where the player could have his weapon dropped after returning from controlling a Scorestreak.
- Fixed issue where player wouldn’t be able to trigger game objects while using the ripped turret.
- Fixed an issue with the Paladin where Friend or Foe overlay would remain on if you joined a Paladin Scorestreak and immediately exited Scorestreak.
- Fixed issue where the player would get credited with assault drone challenges when they used a Map Based Scorestreak.
Broadcaster UI Updates:
- Added the bomb planting/defusing UI to the Broadcaster UI.
- Adjusted scoreboard placement when viewing through Broadcaster.
- Fixed issue where the bomb icon in the Broadcaster UI wouldn’t disappear when the bomb carrier planted the bomb.
- Fixed issue where the match summary in the After Action Report wouldn’t update with Scoreboard for the broadcaster.
- Updated HUD outlines for Broadcaster.
- Fixed issue where Aim Down Sights overlays weren’t being displayed for Sniper Scopes.
- Removed player rank information from being displayed in the Fullscreen scoreboard and the overhead names.
- Added objective information to the Broadcaster scoreboard. This information appears in the gray bar beneath the teams’ scores.
- CODVision is now brighter and easier to see. Added Broadcaster HUD UI elements including active player info, in-game scoreboard/status, mini-map highlights player with satellite (Uplink), persistent weapon info, and objective information in First Person Mode.
- Added functionality for broadcaster settings to be remembered between rounds.
- Added a subtitle to the broadcaster scoreboard that displays the current Hardpoint’s timer; or the current round number in Capture the Flag, Search & Destroy, and Uplink.
- The primary timer in the broadcaster scoreboard is now yellow once the bomb has been planted. Will switch to red when timer reaches 10 seconds.
eSports Settings Changes:
- Search and Destroy Silent Plant = Enabled
- Spectating POV = First Person Only
- Battle Chatter = Disabled
- Uplink Respawn Delay = 5 Seconds
- Hardpoint Respawn Delay = 2.5 Seconds
- Team Kill Penalty = None
- Friendly Fire = Enabled
- Explosive Delay = None
Ranked Play Updates:
- Remove Join in Progress.
- Turning on Skill Based Matchmaking.
- Turning off friendly fire.
- Fixed issue where the player wouldn’t lose division points from abandoning the match by using the system close application option.
- Initialize disconnect penalty as soon as the match starts.
- Utilize latest eSports rule set:
- Primary Weapons – All Specials
- Secondary Weapons – All Launchers
- Attachments – Tracker, Grenade Launcher, Akimbo
- Wildcards – Bombardier
- Exo Ability – Ping
- Exo Launcher – Tracking Drone, Explosive Drone
- Scorestreaks – UAV, Orbital Care Package, System Hack
- Scorestreaks Modules – Bombing Run Care Package Upgrade, XS1 Goliath Recon, and All Support Modules.
Game Mode Specific Updates (Note: Adjusted score amounts for various events and objective modes.)
Search & Destroy:
- Fixed rare Search & Destroy Killcam issue.
- [Broadcaster] Added various Search & Destroy UI improvements.
- [Broadcaster] Fixed the bug where the “Target A” and “Target B” in-world icons wouldn’t disappear when the bomb was planted.
Capture the Flag:
- Removed the text that duplicates the information presented by the flag icons.
- Adjusted spawn logic in Capture the Flag to make it less likely for players to spawn near their own flag.
- [Broadcaster] Added a timer that displays the time remaining until the flag automatically resets when the flag is on the ground.
- [Broadcaster] Added various Uplink UI improvements.
- Added distance limitation to passing the Satellite Drone in Uplink. This prevents the players from passing it across the entire map.
- Also adjusted the required throw angle.
- Fixed spawn points issue in uplink.
- [Broadcaster] Added various Hardpoint UI improvements.
- Altered Spawn logic to prevent cluster spawning near the Hardpoint.
- Fixed rare Hardpoint location disappearing issue in Private Match.
- [Broadcaster] Adjusted so that the broadcaster will now see a “Defend” icon appear on the HUD when the spectated player is standing in the Hardpoint.
- [Broadcaster] Changed the team scores to display a list of flags with the current state of the flags.
- [Broadcaster] The objective bar now displays the current state of the contested flag, and displays a bar that illustrates the current capture progress.
Map Specific Updates
Note: Many of the following updates apply to all maps, and are directly improved based on the findings of our security team and via community response to exploits.
- Fixed player out of world exploits throughout. [Applies to Exo Survival.]
- Fixed Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world exploits throughout.
- Fixed rare spectate cam issue.
- Fixed rare Tactical Insertion exploit in Infected.
- Fixed Warbird out-of-bounds exploit.
- Fixed various clipping issues with the Goliath.
Exo Survival Global Updates:
- Fixed issues with the score number in the Exo survival after action report.
- Fixed an issue where players would get “Share Package” medals using a partners Goliath Scorestreak.
- Fixed automatic revive issues at the start of the next round.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How to get Warzone Phoenix Inferno blueprint
Warzone players love a good weapon blueprint, especially ones with as much detail as the latest Phoenix Inferno blueprint for...
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
Black Ops Cold War players want one major change for Mastercraft blueprints
Black Ops Cold War Mastercraft blueprints are great, giving players detailed thematic skins for their weapons, but some players want...