UPDATE — March 22nd: The new patch update is now live on PC as well. Patch notes are below, and all PC specific updates are noted with [PC].
A new patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is now live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The update is version number 1.08.
- The Nuk3town map, Calling Card, Reticles, and Weapon Camo are now available to all Players.
- [PS4] Updated Live Event Viewer CWL Feature Widget Image.
- [PC] Security Updates
- Fixed error related to using a picked-up weapon from a Player who left the game.
- Resolved issue where Players were able to kill a prone Player when they ran over them with a carried Guardian or Hardened Sentry.
- Fixed bug where if a Player died by a Semtex during the HC-XD calling animation, enemy Scorestreaks would continually fire at the spot of death.
- Addressed global spawn issue that could occur when Players were killed when deploying Scorestreaks.
- Added spawn trap logic to Uplink and Safeguard where additional spawns will open under extreme scenarios.
- Enabled spawn trap logic in Public online matches.
- Resolved bug where Players were able to gain additional Specialist Power by switching Classes at the beginning of a round.
- Fixed exploit where the Ante-Up Perk would continue to work when a player switched to a class without it.
- Addressed bug where using the Black Hat on a Trip Mine or other equipment near a planted bomb in S&D prevented the user from disarming the bomb.
- Addressed issue where the Combat Axe was unable to destroy the HC-XD.
- Fixed bug where the use of Nomad’s H.I.V.E. Gun would cause disconnects from Dedicated Servers.
- Resolved an issue where the sound of a H.I.V.E. pod would persist for a Player if the Player activated the H.I.V.E. pod, but was afterwards killed by another means than the H.I.V.E. pod.
- Hardened Sentry
- Fixed a bug where Players were able to keep a Hardened Sentry active while it was being carried.
- Fixed an issue where multiple aircraft could be destroyed by splash damage if within close proximity.
- Fixed an issue where multiple aircraft could be destroyed by splash damage if within close proximity.
- Addressed exploit where Players were able to reach an unintended area near the white truck and junkyard.
- Resolved issue where the Safeguard robot would sometimes have trouble pathing through the garage when specific Custom Game settings were altered.
- Added collision to prevent sitting on top of door-frame near center of the map.
- Added collision to prevent Players from mantling through geo near Market Street.
- Addressed exploit where Players were able to reach unintended areas near Atlantis building.
- Addressed issue where AI vehicles were becoming stuck when pathing in the lower portion of the map.
- Fixed issue where the Safeguard Robot would sometimes become stuck during it’s walking animation.
- Addressed bug where not all escorting Attackers were being awarded with the Escort score event.
- Search and Destroy
- Resolved a bug where the bomb icon would not appear for all bomb carriers when multiple bombs were enabled in Custom Game settings.
- Reduced Max Fire Rate.
- Increased Accuracy.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the “100 Percenter” challenge from being awarded after completing all Multiplayer Challenges.
- Resolved bug where Players were unable to earn a long shot medal for the NX ShadowClaw when Dual Wield was equipped.
- X-Ray Player highlight is now the proper color for each team.
- Scorestreaks now show up on the map regardless of which team is being spectated.
- Added Specialist Meter indicator to the Player list; indicator will flash when Specialist is being used.
- Switching teams during the pre-match phase will no longer spawn you on the wrong side.
- CWL game variants have been updated with a 30 second pre-match timer.
- Added multi-drone option for Uplink.
- Included adjustable settings which will require all Players to join before the pre-match timer starts.
- Corrected a bug where sometimes Zombies would lack a walking animation.
- Corrected bug where UI would fail to appear after loading a video clip from the Media tab.
- Removed Hit Markers during game film playback while in Director Mode.
- Addressed UI Error that occurred after a User interacted with the “Choose Mode” sidebar immediately after selecting “Take Screenshot” or while the Publish screenshot prompt was open.
- Resolved UI error that appeared when attempting to delete a Local screenshot.
- Addressed bug where the Bow FX would persist when watching a Zombies clip.
- Fixed bugs related to the fast forward and record buttons.
- Resolved issue that would occur if the User selected a Red Triangle Warning icon in their Recent Games.
- Fixed bug where combat text would remain on-screen during a Highlight Reel.
- Corrected issue where the UI would disappear if a Player pressed the Menu button during game film playback.
- Fixed issue where burst fire weapons would sometimes be missing audio during playback.
- When watching a Zombies Clip, addressed a bug where the Ritual Skulls would still be present during the Demon Bow quest if a Player rewound to the start of the clip.
- All GobbleGum machines in a level are now active at all times.
- The GobbleGum machine can now be accessed multiple times per round.
- The Liquid Divinium drop rate cap of two vials per game has been removed; Players can now continue to earn Liquid Divinium as they progress through a match.
- The Player’s current GobbleGum pack will now be represented in the inventory screen.
Shadows of Evil
- Personal items and gate worms will now use a shared inventory system.
- The Ritual duration time has been reduced.
- Addressed a bug where Players were unable to progress after upgrading the Apothicon Swords and then bleeding out.
- Several stability issues with the main quest have been addressed.
- Fixed bug where Margwas would continue to go after downed players.
- Fixed several bugs where Players were able to use the Ragnarok DG-4 indefinitely.
- Addressed issue where Players were able to duplicate an upgraded Wraith of the Ancients bow when using the Arms Grace GobbleGum.
- Added several kill brushes to block off pathing exploits.
- Addressed Zombies farming exploit at the test fire location.
- Added small chance of golden egg spawning at chicken farm.
- Fix for enemy no longer spawning during long boss rounds.
- Increased Coat of Arms duration.
- Fix for golden chicken not laying up to 3 eggs.
- Coat of Arms now team shifts zombies from enemy team to Player team; (As opposed to a neutral team). Players should no longer be attacked by COA’d zombies.
- Fixed Player chicken to fire fated weapons(force/fury) instead of default LMG.
- Tuned the Player rewards for donated life.
- Flying enemies should no longer be able to go beneath the ground surface in the graveyard map.
- Adjusted a pickup spawn location in Combine map that was spawning objects beyond invisible clip barrier.
- Fixed a bug where extra lives could not be earned post score of 100M.
- Made some logic adjustments to how Players are handled while the “How far can you get” screen is up.
- Added Host Migration to public matches.
- Players should no longer match make into public games that have reached the Farm arena.
- Ready up functionality added to public lobbies.
- Invisible shadow zombie fixed.
- Fixed issue in ROJ where joining Player with could be awarded a fate already owned by current Players
- “Fido” the Siege Chicken added.
- Fix for spinning saw pickup not crediting Player for enemy deaths.
- Adjusted solo anti kiting logic.
- Chicken Bowl eggs now drop towards center of arena.
- Fix for a condition where player could die exiting a vehicle.
- Fix for rare condition where Silverback could jump out of the boss arena.
- Disabled physics wind on all maps.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Fortnite Rift Tour event: Schedule, quests, rewards & more
The Fortnite Rift Tour event is going to be bringing a ton of musical excitement to the popular game, and...
Modern Warfare players want one change for Ground War to fix spawn trapping
Modern Warfare players are calling for the developers to make a change in the Ground War mode to help ease...
Battlefield 2042 will not have a Rental Server Program
Battlefield 2042 will release without a Rental Server Program, leaving some players and fans alike disappointed with the news.