A new patch update for Call of Duty: BlacK Ops 3, version 1.13, is now live on Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The update size is 1.143 GB for PS4 and 1.57GB for Xbox One.
[PS4 only] Descent DLC 3 Map Pack Support
- Located far off the coast in the Dead Sea, an isolated compound holds some of the world’s most dangerous criminals in frozen isolation. Sentry towers keep watch over the small map’s circular design, as frenetic combat is funneled around the prison’s cryogenic tubes which offer plenty of opportunities for wall running attacks.
- Ancient sentinels from a lost civilization guard the entrance to Berserk, a Viking village frozen in time. Fight through blizzards and control the center bridge as you navigate this medium-sized map’s wooden buildings and craggy rock outcroppings.
- Fight it out among mechanized warriors in Rumble, and arena where giant robots battle to the roar of the crowd. The small-to-medium-sized map funnels high-speed combat to the central pit with tight corners throughout the exterior of the stadium.
- The fan favorite Call of Duty: Black Ops II Map, Raid, gets a fresh upgrade enhanced by the Black Ops III chained movement system. The classic medium-sized map features an authentic Roman villa recreated by a modern-day eccentric billionaire and mixed sight lines enable any style of gameplay.
- Gorod Krovi
- In the latest episode of the Zombies experience ‘Gorod Krovi’, the Origins characters are hurled into an alternate, war-torn Stalingrad where Element 115 has wreaked havoc over a battlefield littered with the remnants of a battle between mechanized soldiers and deadly dragons controlled by Group 935. Here, the Origins characters will face their most dangerous enemies yet.
- Players can now invite Players to a Group by searching for their Player ID.
- Added a “Republish to Group” button in Players’ Showcases to easily re-publish content to any Groups joined after the content was created.
- Increased maximum Group membership to 100,000 players.
- Updated Recent Public Groups and Friends Group to display whether or not the Group requires a Join Request (Public) or Group Invite (Private).
- When searching through Friends’ Groups, Players will now be able to view which of their friends belong to the listed Groups.
PS4 Play Together
- 1st party functionality to support the PSN Play together feature. Allows players in a PSN party to send an invite to all players in their party.
- COD Points are now available for purchase for the JP territory.
- Removed DLC 2 pre-order and Infinite Warfare pre-order (for JP only) from the In-Game Store.
- [XBOX ONE] Complete Your Season Pass is now available in the In-Game Store.
Fracture (New Game Mode)
- Pick up core files dropped by fallen enemies and deliver them to the fracture site. Depositing the core files earns score for your team. The first team to reach the score limit or the team with the most deposited files at the end of the time limit wins the match.
- Fixed an issue where after completing a Daily Contract, if the user backed out of a match before it completed, they would receive a non-functional ‘Retry’ button in the Black Market. Users would not receive their Cryptokey reward until they completed another match.
- Fixed an issue where if a user redeemed all of their Weapon Bribes from their Season Pass purchase, they were prompted with a Purchase button which required an incorrect Cryptokey amount.
- Keyboard support implemented for CODCaster hotkeys.
- Fixed an issue where the x-ray effect would disappear after spectating a player that used Vision Pulse.
- Added a button to switch Team 1’s customization with Team 2’s.
- Added White and Black as usable custom colors.
- Team Identity now correctly disables Team logos only.
- Addressed an issue where the Final Killcam would occasionally show the incorrect player.
- Improved support to remove Team Icons from the start of rounds so they can be replaced by Caster Post Production Overlays.
- Included a Lobby Host setting to auto assign new players who join mid-match to CODCaster.
- Killfeed text for the darker Custom Colors, such as black, blue, and dark red, are now much more legible.
- Adjusted the timing for the finalizing of the match record to help eliminate data loss.
- Fixed an issue where CODcasters with Team Identity enabled would see “CDP/Black Ops Eliminated” when eliminating an enemy team on Search & Destroy matches.
- Fixed an issue where the CODcaster x-ray effect would unintentionally carry over to the Thermal optic attachment.
- Probation is no longer given to players who leave a match when outnumbered by 2 or more.
- Players will no longer lose stars below Rank 5.
- Players are now required to press “Find Match” in the Arena Post-Game Lobby to start matchmaking.
- New breadcrumb support added to Playlists, when new content or promotions are active.
- Fix for Energeon camos appearing in English in several languages.
- Fix for Lobby Leaderboards filtering to Friends Only.
- Fixed a couple issues with the After Action Report. One is the Cryptokey progress bar would not animate after a contract reward was earned, even if the Player earned additional Cryptokeys just from playing. The other issue was the appearance of negative Cryptokeys in the After Action Report.
- Fix for Players not getting awarded the correct Contract bonus and occasionally getting negative awards.
- Resolved an issue where picking up dropped weapons or the Uplink Satellite Drone would cause the player’s camera to jitter.
- Prophet’s Tempest will now only require 1 shot to kill an enemy with Kinetic Armor active.
- Prophet’s Tempest will now only require 1 shot to kill an enemy with Uplink Drone Armor active.
- Weapons customized in Gunsmith and assigned in Create-A-Class will no longer lose their camouflage after restarting the application.
- Reduced the weapon’s damage against Scorestreaks.
- G.I. Unit
- Resolved an issue where the robot would self-destruct shortly after landing.
- Players can now move freely after the round time limit has ended if the satellite drone is still in the air.
- Resolved an issue where the Safeguard robot’s walk animation would become corrupted at the start of a round.
- Fixed an issue where the bomb could be dropped out of the playable area during Search & Destroy, and wouldn’t return to its original position.
- Fixed a bug that caused attachment variants to change when Pack-A-Punching weapons.
- Added various alignment fixes for text notifications.
- Removed an incorrect “Personalize” prompt from the Weapon Kits Menu.
- Fixed a bug causing the revive icon to stick to the player’s HUD after a host migration.
Zetsubou No Shima
- Fixed an issue where the Thrasher’s stomach model would remain visible in the level after a Player had died while inside the stomach.
- Fix for Players repeatedly receiving the KT-4 from the Magic Box after losing the weapon.
- Addressed an issue where Players could make their way into unintended areas when using a Phoenix Up while inside the Thrasher’s stomach.
- Fixed an issue where Thrashers were unable to be killed at rounds higher than 150.
- Addressed an issue where Cymbal Monkeys obtained from upgraded Major Cache Plants would not explode or attract zombies.
- Fixed an issue where Players would unintentionally lose all their weapons if they attempted to pick-up the Masamune with a primary and secondary weapon equipped.
- Addressed an issue where the Skull of Nan Sapwe would automatically swap out during use.
- Fixed an uncommon issue where the Skull of Nan Sapwe would immediately swap out when switching to it.
- Fixed an issue where Players would lose their equipped weapon if they picked up Cymbal Monkeys from an upgraded Major Cache Plant.
- Addressed an issue where Players can get stuck in the coughing animation after being affected by spores in quick succession.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the user to be awarded a blank GobbleGum when completing an Easter Egg.
- Addressed a bug that allowed player control during the game over screen if they had been using a Der Wundersphere when the game ended.
- Resolved a split screen audio duplication bug.
Shadows of Evil
- Fixed a stability issue when hot joining a match in split screen while a ritual is active.
- Resolved a rare stability issue that occurs when activating rituals.
- Added a missing animation relating to reload of the Wunderwaffe DG2.
Dead Ops Arcade 2: Cyber’s Avengening
- Addressed an issue with leaderboard corruption.
- Fixed an issue where skull/gem counts would display the incorrect amount in the in-game menu.
- Addressed an issue where Players were able to join a match in progress and receive a Leaderboard entry.
- Players will no longer get kicked from Dead Ops Arcade 2 matches with the “Game Settings have Changed” notification.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
Black Ops Cold War players want one major change for Mastercraft blueprints
Black Ops Cold War Mastercraft blueprints are great, giving players detailed thematic skins for their weapons, but some players want...
Fortnite Rift Tour Posters locations
Players can earn rewards by completing the new Fortnite Rift Tour challenges with one of them asking you to interact...