A brand new patch for the PC fans was released today afternoon. This patch contains many new bug fixes, new features, etc. Check out the patch outs here:
- Improved loadtimes when using AMD hardware
- Fix for issues when binding mousewheel to fire
- Using arrow keys to adjust Mouse sensitivity will increment the value by .01
- Fix for some instances of “Error quit was not requested in the main thread”
- Fix for issues with 16:10 displays
- Fix for TXAA not disabling when an unsupported card is detected
- Improvements to ambient occlusion
- Increased Friends list limit to 300
- Joinable friends now sort to the top of the friends list
- Users now have the ability to unlink youtube accounts.
- Added SFX to sliders in options menu
- Fix for knife lunge not working when a gamepad is connected
- Improved film rendering stability and made progression bar more accurate while rendering a film.
- Improved audio/rumble responsiveness when hitting enemies with gunfire.
- Fix for issues with changing the gamepad Button Layout in theater
- Fix for Party host receiving infinite “Reconnecting to Party” message when clicking on “Bring Party” in a post-match lobby.
- Fix for crash that could occur during credits
- Fix for freeze when unlocking Death From Above achievement
- Matchmaking improvements
- Added Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist to the Hardcore category
- Game now resets the Care Package for a non-owner if the owner re-rolls the package using the Engineer perk.
- Fix for incorrectly being able to purchase an 11th Create a Class slot
- Collision and clipping fixes on all maps
- Fixed a number of new UI error messages reported by users.
- Improved CoDTV sort filters for browsing content
- Players can now render films in addition to clips
- Removed incorrect SFX for placing from party games
- Fixes for issues with codtv images not loading in
- Bots no longer count towards the party size limit in Custom Games
- Added the ability to “View League Teams” from any player’s Playercard.
- Added the ability to “View Playercard” from League solo leaderboards.
- Map exploit fixes in Meltdown
- Fixes for errors on Express when the train arrives
- “Drop Shot” medal is no longer awarded after standing back up.
- Fix for escort drone cuing incorrect audio
- Added voice chat volumn controls
- CoDTV video playback improvemnts
- Fixes for out of sync audio issues in rendered videos
- Fixes for rendered clips showing the wrong length on youtube
- Fixes with “Hacked” items not targeting the correct team
- Shadows seen through sniper scopes now render more correctly.
- Fix for Hijacked minimap displaying incorrectly
- Fix for some equipment not being destructible by Friendly Fire in Hardcore mode
- Fix for final killcams not displaying properly if it is an “Assisted Suicide” kill.
- Fix for Bomb Defuser Challenge not progressing properly
- Fix for Hero Medal not appearing in game at the correct time.
- Fix for XP bar in League Play not displaying correctly
- Fix for teams being kicked from league play when matched against a previously played team
- Fix for crash when getting disconnected while viewing the like/dislike menu of a screenshot
- Fix for partial loss of functionality when theater is started while a party member is in emblem editor
- Fix for Arch Nemesis challenge unlocking incorrectly
- Addressed issues which prevented some master challenges from being completed.
- Fix for friends list showing the wrong rank icon for players
- Fix for Escort Drones spawning under the map
- Added a fail-safe to prevent spawn trapping in CTF.
- Fix for floating corpse models on some maps
- Players can now copy a custom class to the extra prestige slot.
- Improved overall communication of Double XP when enabled.
- AAR better communicates how much XP was earned in each match.
- Fix for issues with having Assault Shield and no secondary weapon
- Thermal vision overlay no longer appears using the VTOL glitch.
- Fix for players not being able to capture their own Care Packages when using the Black Hat PDA in FFA
- Fix for Camera Marker slide bar not functioning correctly
- EMP grenades no longer affect the CODcaster HUD.
- Fix for SFX that plays when player gets in the top 3 in FFA
- Increased sight checks on turrets to improve spawning algorithms.
- Multi-team games no longer count as a tie if an entire team quits.
- Players with Black Hat PDA can no longer hack a Care Package faster than the owner can capture it.
- Addressed a number of issues that would cause friendly/enemy color indicators on equipment and scorestreaks to display as the wrong team.
- Precision challenge “Wet Work” will now unlock with 10 kills.
- The wins challenge will now account for all FFA modes when ending a match with a tie (if you are in the top 3).
- Players that help with the “Synchronized Attack” challenge now get credit for it.
- Players will not be able to manually take control of their AGR if they die at the exact moment that their AGR deploys.
- Players using Ghost will no longer be invisible at all times in Custom Games with the mini-map option set to “constant”.
- Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy’s minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up.
- The median for the K/D graph in the AAR is set to 1.0 instead of 0.0.
- Players can no longer get on top of the shrubs in Nuketown 2025.
- Kills from the explosion on the explosive crossbow bolt now count towards challenges.
- Clan tag is no longer locked immediately after prestige.
- Fixed an area in Express where K9 Unit dogs could get stuck.
- Party Privacy count no longer affects how many bots will spawn in Combat Training.
- Players can no longer stand on invisible collision in Carrier.
MP Gameplay Balancing:
- UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.
- Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay
- Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
- Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
- Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.
- All: increased hip fire recoil.
- All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
- All: reduced bullet penetration.
- MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
- PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.
- All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
- M8A1: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
- M8A1 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- All: increased hip fire spread.
- All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
- XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.
- R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.
- B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
- KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1
- Fix for Reviving text remains on screen during scoreboard after game ends
- Fix for Mystery Box beacon disappearing after host migration
- Fixes for players getting inside of or clipping into objects in all ZM maps
- Improved zombie AI pathing in all maps
- Fixes for players falling outside of the map for all maps
- Players will now take damage while holding buildable parts
- Fixes for issues obtaining the Jet Gun
- Removed debug text that sometimes appears after host migration
- “You Have No Power Over Me” achievement is now awarded at the correct time
- Fix for infinite loading screen when uploading short clips
- Fix for errors that may occur when viewing long clips
- Fixes for Green flashes appearing when exiting Nuketown Zombies
- Dead players can now text chat with living players
- Added voice chat volume controls
- Fix for players having unbreakable zombie shield
- Fix for issues with multiple players buying the same door
- Fix for incorrect character audio while holding breath with sniper scopes
- Fix for rare issue with players getting stuck in custom game lobby
- Fix for players getting permanent perks
- Fix for persistent upgrades never going away.
- Fix for players not dying when falling from extreme distances after purchasing juggernog in survival modes
Is Black Ops 2 being remastered? Rumors & leaks
Fans have been wondering for sometime if CoD: Black Ops 2 is going to be remastered, and we’ll answer that today.
Several Call of Duty games have received the remaster treatment in recent years, and it’s left fans wondering if the mega-popular Black Ops 2 will get one. Here are all the latest rumors and leaks regarding a Black Ops 2 remaster.
The popularity of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 simply cannot be understated with the game being considered the greatest of all time by many. But fast-forward to 2021, and players want to know if this beloved entry in the CoD franchise will be remastered.
The premise of Call of Duty remasters was kickstarted by the 2016 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered title. Since then, we’ve also had the Modern Warfare 2 campaign be remastered, and there are rumors of Modern Warfare 3 being remastered, despite Activision saying it isn’t.
Is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 being remastered?
From what we understand, no, not at this time. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that any form of Black Ops remaster is in the works.
Naturally, people would think that Treyarch’s Black Ops may receive the same love that the Modern Warfare franchise has gotten, but alas it doesn’t seem to be the case.
Why isn’t Black Ops 2 being remastered?
We believe there could be two strong reasons for Black Ops 2 not being remastered, one being that it would oversaturate the CoD market, and also that we’ve already seen a few of its maps recently.
One of the problems 2016’s Infinite Warfare suffered from is that it released with the full Call of Duty 4 remaster, and consequently, the player base was divided between the two games.
Furthermore, Black Ops Cold War featured no less than seven Black Ops 2 map remasters throughout its multiple seasons, and they feel too fresh in the memory to warrant a remaster of the multiplayer.
We could see a remaster of the Black Ops campaigns, following the successful rerelease of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign.
Activision may have some surprises and remasters up their sleeves, but for the time being, we can only speculate and ask you to keep checking in to see if anything becomes official.
Also, check out everything we know about Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Infinity Ward announces new Austin office as studio gears up for CoD 2022
The original Call of Duty developer, Infinity Ward, is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas for CoD 2022.
One of the three developers behind the Call of Duty franchise is getting a new office. Infinity Ward is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas, in preparation for CoD 2022.
Infinity Ward is the developer behind the original Call of Duty game. Activision founded Infinity Ward in 2002, with the first Call of Duty title being released in 2003. This birthed one of the most iconic video game franchises to date.
Infinity Ward would go on to develop Call of Duty 2 in 2005 before alternating developers. Now, Infinity Ward is known for developing the Modern Warfare titles, which are released roughly every three years.
With Infinity Ward releasing the last Modern Warfare title in 2019, the developer is gearing up for another release in 2022. We don’t know what CoD 2022 will be just yet, but we do know that Infinity Ward is expanding its operations with a new office.
Infinity Ward Austin Texas office
Today, Infinity Ward announced via Twitter that it would be opening a new office in Austin, Texas. This would be the fourth development hub for the company, with the other three being located in Los Angeles, Poland, and Mexico.
- Read More: Warzone Season 6 will be the end of Verdansk
This also means that Infinity Ward is hiring. According to Infinity Ward, the Austin office is currently hiring for all positions, and you can find all of the available jobs posted on the Infinity Ward website.
Call of Duty: Vanguard releases in less than a month. It’s taking players back to WWII, where Infinity Ward is expected to bring the franchise back to modern times, with CoD 2022 speculated to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
That being said, we have no official idea what to expect from Infinity Ward going into 2022, but with the significant success of Modern Warfare 2019, it will no doubt be a Call of Duty game plenty of players will love.
Regardless, Infinity Ward is planning something big, and the new office proves just that. So, if Vanguard isn’t your cup of tea, CoD 2022 is just a year away.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward / Activision
Biggest AAA video games coming in 2022: PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, Stadia & Steam
2022 could be a huge year for video games and here’s all the biggest titles coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and more – with dates.
2022 is shaping up to be a massive year for video games. Between franchises such as God of War, Gran Turismo, Horizon, Pokemon, and Harry Potter, the PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and Stadia have some mammoth titles to host. Here’s an extensive look into the biggest games and potential release dates too.
The beginning of 2022 will signal over a year since the PS5, and Xbox Series X took video games to the ninth generation of consoles. Developers have had plenty of time to chew the fat and harness the power of the consoles to create immense AAA experiences.
There’s also plenty of mileage left for the Nintendo Switch, and of course, PC, Stadia, and Steam are always on the march.
PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC, Steam & Stadia video games in 2022
Some genuinely iconic franchises and household names are expected to launch video games in 2022, so here’s a look at the top AAA video games coming in 2022.
God of War: Ragnarok release date: 2022
Players got a juicy look at the next epic adventure in Santa Monica’s God of War franchise during the 2021 PlayStation Experience. Kratos and Atreus are set to battle with Freya, possibly Thor, and their own demons.
God of War Ragnarok looks like it’s expanded upon the reboot to incorporate more NPCs, more spectacular gameplay, and a gripping narrative that will test the bond between father and son.
Horizon Forbidden West release date: February 18, 2022
Aloy is one of the standout protagonists in gaming during modern times, and her post-apocalyptic adventures are set to continue in Horizon Forbidden West.
She seeks to uncover even more truth and learn about the state of the world she resides in, all the while battling even more dangerous robotic creatures and nature itself.
Elden Ring release date: January 21, 2022
One of the first games to arrive in 2022, Elden Ring is the next sinister and challenging game to come from the sadistic bunch at FromSoftware.
Their track record at producing brutal yet satisfying RPGs will be tested in the form of Elden Ring, their newest ‘Souls’ game. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, there seems to be a much deeper emphasis on the story with Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin on board to help with the narrative.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus release date: January 28, 2022
Unlike the typical dual-releases that Pokemon specializes in, Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a standalone game that continues the growth shown in recent, mainline Pokemon titles.
Embracing the open-world nature of 2020’s Pokemon Sword and Shield, Arceus is a brand new adventure that will involve all the familiar, beloved elements of Pokemon games: obtaining them, training them, leveling them, and catching them all!
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction release date: January 2022
Another spin-off, this time from the team at Ubisoft as they take a drastic turn away from the realism of simulated combat.
Instead, Rainbow Six Extraction delves into the world of the unknown, and non-human, as teams of three pull together to take down alien creatures called Archaeans. It will feature lots of the same gameplay mechanics and Operators from Siege, but with a darker, deadly twist.
Dying Light 2 release date: February 4, 2022
The long-awaited sequel to the hit 2015 survival-adventure game, Dying Light 2 promises to bring more parkour-zombie-survival action that made the first such a breakout success.
Offering more open-world exploration, the player must scavenge, forge friendships (and weapons), and deal with both friendly and hostile forces.
As with the first Dying Light, players need to make the most of the precious daylight before night strikes, as the undead gets a bit more fidgety and murderous.
Gran Turismo 7 release date: March 4, 2022
Polyphony Digital is infamous for taking their time between each Gran Turismo release to ensure every one is as polished as can be, and the PS5 looks set to make Gran Turismo 7 one of the best-looking games ever.
Like with God of War Ragnarok, the 2021 PlayStation Experience gave fans a glimpse into the high-speed action they can expect with Gran Turismo 7.
It’s learned from its predecessor’s mistakes and will launch with a complete career mode, and could be a bonafide system-seller for Sony and the PlayStation brand.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 could easily be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
Breath of the Wild took the world by storm in 2017 with its rich, expressive world that deviated from the conventions of traditional Zelda games. Many millions of copies sold later, and fans everywhere are desperate for the next chapter for Link in this gorgeous, sprawling version of Hyrule.
Call of Duty 2022 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a year of video games without a major Call of Duty release, and we expect 2022 to be no different.
Given that there’s already a buzz about Call of Duty 2023, we would say it’s safe to assume that another Call of Duty game will release in 2022.
With Vanguard being set in World War 2, rumors are rife that the 2022 Call of Duty will be a Modern Warfare sequel.
Gotham Knights release date: 2022
A Gotham City without the caped crusader is a strange thought, but that’s the threat that faces it as Bruce Wayne is dead.
In Batman’s place, his former proteges need to step up and protect Gotham, batting away any threats of crime perpetrated by some of its most evil supervillains. Featuring co-operative mode, players can take control of these plucky heroes and hopefully do Batman proud.
Hogwarts Legacy release date: 2022
There have been many Harry Potter movie tie-in games, but there still hasn’t been an authentic RPG experience that lets you become your own wizard – until now.
Hogwarts Legacy will let fans worldwide finally live out their dream of attending Hogwarts, and the game allows players to select their House, the classes they do, and customize their character, all the while fighting monsters and completing quests.
That completes our guide to the biggest and most anticipated video games that are due to arrive in 2022.
For all the latest news and guides on these games and more, stay with us at Charlie INTEL!
Image Credit: Avalanche Software, WB Games Montreal, Nintendo, Polyphony Digital, Techland, Game Freak, FromSoftware, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Ubisoft
Warzone Iron Trials ’84 mode: Return date, new ruleset, rewards
The fan-favorite Iron Trials '84 mode is very popular in Warzone, so here's all of the latest information you need...
Warzone October 15 update patch notes: Iron Trials ’84 Trios, new Tac Sprint settings, more
Raven Software has rolled out the Warzone October 15 update patch notes, and they include Iron Trials Trios and a...
How to get The Batman Who Laughs skin in Fortnite Season 8
In another DC crossover, The Batman Who Laughs skin arrives in Fortnite Season 8, so here's how to get the...