A brand new patch for the PC fans was released today afternoon. This patch contains many new bug fixes, new features, etc. Check out the patch outs here:
- Improved loadtimes when using AMD hardware
- Fix for issues when binding mousewheel to fire
- Using arrow keys to adjust Mouse sensitivity will increment the value by .01
- Fix for some instances of “Error quit was not requested in the main thread”
- Fix for issues with 16:10 displays
- Fix for TXAA not disabling when an unsupported card is detected
- Improvements to ambient occlusion
- Increased Friends list limit to 300
- Joinable friends now sort to the top of the friends list
- Users now have the ability to unlink youtube accounts.
- Added SFX to sliders in options menu
- Fix for knife lunge not working when a gamepad is connected
- Improved film rendering stability and made progression bar more accurate while rendering a film.
- Improved audio/rumble responsiveness when hitting enemies with gunfire.
- Fix for issues with changing the gamepad Button Layout in theater
- Fix for Party host receiving infinite “Reconnecting to Party” message when clicking on “Bring Party” in a post-match lobby.
- Fix for crash that could occur during credits
- Fix for freeze when unlocking Death From Above achievement
- Matchmaking improvements
- Added Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist to the Hardcore category
- Game now resets the Care Package for a non-owner if the owner re-rolls the package using the Engineer perk.
- Fix for incorrectly being able to purchase an 11th Create a Class slot
- Collision and clipping fixes on all maps
- Fixed a number of new UI error messages reported by users.
- Improved CoDTV sort filters for browsing content
- Players can now render films in addition to clips
- Removed incorrect SFX for placing from party games
- Fixes for issues with codtv images not loading in
- Bots no longer count towards the party size limit in Custom Games
- Added the ability to “View League Teams” from any player’s Playercard.
- Added the ability to “View Playercard” from League solo leaderboards.
- Map exploit fixes in Meltdown
- Fixes for errors on Express when the train arrives
- “Drop Shot” medal is no longer awarded after standing back up.
- Fix for escort drone cuing incorrect audio
- Added voice chat volumn controls
- CoDTV video playback improvemnts
- Fixes for out of sync audio issues in rendered videos
- Fixes for rendered clips showing the wrong length on youtube
- Fixes with “Hacked” items not targeting the correct team
- Shadows seen through sniper scopes now render more correctly.
- Fix for Hijacked minimap displaying incorrectly
- Fix for some equipment not being destructible by Friendly Fire in Hardcore mode
- Fix for final killcams not displaying properly if it is an “Assisted Suicide” kill.
- Fix for Bomb Defuser Challenge not progressing properly
- Fix for Hero Medal not appearing in game at the correct time.
- Fix for XP bar in League Play not displaying correctly
- Fix for teams being kicked from league play when matched against a previously played team
- Fix for crash when getting disconnected while viewing the like/dislike menu of a screenshot
- Fix for partial loss of functionality when theater is started while a party member is in emblem editor
- Fix for Arch Nemesis challenge unlocking incorrectly
- Addressed issues which prevented some master challenges from being completed.
- Fix for friends list showing the wrong rank icon for players
- Fix for Escort Drones spawning under the map
- Added a fail-safe to prevent spawn trapping in CTF.
- Fix for floating corpse models on some maps
- Players can now copy a custom class to the extra prestige slot.
- Improved overall communication of Double XP when enabled.
- AAR better communicates how much XP was earned in each match.
- Fix for issues with having Assault Shield and no secondary weapon
- Thermal vision overlay no longer appears using the VTOL glitch.
- Fix for players not being able to capture their own Care Packages when using the Black Hat PDA in FFA
- Fix for Camera Marker slide bar not functioning correctly
- EMP grenades no longer affect the CODcaster HUD.
- Fix for SFX that plays when player gets in the top 3 in FFA
- Increased sight checks on turrets to improve spawning algorithms.
- Multi-team games no longer count as a tie if an entire team quits.
- Players with Black Hat PDA can no longer hack a Care Package faster than the owner can capture it.
- Addressed a number of issues that would cause friendly/enemy color indicators on equipment and scorestreaks to display as the wrong team.
- Precision challenge “Wet Work” will now unlock with 10 kills.
- The wins challenge will now account for all FFA modes when ending a match with a tie (if you are in the top 3).
- Players that help with the “Synchronized Attack” challenge now get credit for it.
- Players will not be able to manually take control of their AGR if they die at the exact moment that their AGR deploys.
- Players using Ghost will no longer be invisible at all times in Custom Games with the mini-map option set to “constant”.
- Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy’s minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up.
- The median for the K/D graph in the AAR is set to 1.0 instead of 0.0.
- Players can no longer get on top of the shrubs in Nuketown 2025.
- Kills from the explosion on the explosive crossbow bolt now count towards challenges.
- Clan tag is no longer locked immediately after prestige.
- Fixed an area in Express where K9 Unit dogs could get stuck.
- Party Privacy count no longer affects how many bots will spawn in Combat Training.
- Players can no longer stand on invisible collision in Carrier.
MP Gameplay Balancing:
- UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.
- Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay
- Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
- Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
- Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.
- All: increased hip fire recoil.
- All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
- All: reduced bullet penetration.
- MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
- PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.
- All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
- M8A1: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
- M8A1 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- All: increased hip fire spread.
- All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
- XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.
- R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.
- B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
- KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1
- Fix for Reviving text remains on screen during scoreboard after game ends
- Fix for Mystery Box beacon disappearing after host migration
- Fixes for players getting inside of or clipping into objects in all ZM maps
- Improved zombie AI pathing in all maps
- Fixes for players falling outside of the map for all maps
- Players will now take damage while holding buildable parts
- Fixes for issues obtaining the Jet Gun
- Removed debug text that sometimes appears after host migration
- “You Have No Power Over Me” achievement is now awarded at the correct time
- Fix for infinite loading screen when uploading short clips
- Fix for errors that may occur when viewing long clips
- Fixes for Green flashes appearing when exiting Nuketown Zombies
- Dead players can now text chat with living players
- Added voice chat volume controls
- Fix for players having unbreakable zombie shield
- Fix for issues with multiple players buying the same door
- Fix for incorrect character audio while holding breath with sniper scopes
- Fix for rare issue with players getting stuck in custom game lobby
- Fix for players getting permanent perks
- Fix for persistent upgrades never going away.
- Fix for players not dying when falling from extreme distances after purchasing juggernog in survival modes
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
COD Points are the currency of Call of Duty. Here’s a guide on their price, how you can buy them, where to spend them, and what you can buy.
COD Points have become an integral part of Call of Duty games as they can buy some great cosmetics and other items to show off. So here’s a quick guide to tell you how much points cost, how you can buy them, where you can spend them, and what you can get.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Cold War and Warzone offering special Rambo and John McClane skins and bringing back legendary Operators like Soap and Captain Price, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend COD Points.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game and requires COD Points to do so.
So with our detailed guide today, we’re going to run through the basics of COD Points to help you understand them, tell you what they do, and more.
What is the price of COD Points?
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying COD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas some need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
A quick visit to the Battle.net shop will take you to the aforementioned COD Points bundles, and you can take your pick.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
Head to the PlayStation Store either on your PS4, PS5, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
Head to the Microsoft Store either on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Online or select physical retailers will have copious amounts of COD Points vouchers and gift cards for you to purchase. There will be no difference between official sales and retails sales as they will all sell the same bundles.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
Now that you have a nice bundle of COD Points, where do you actually go to spend them? Well, the answer is rather simple: head to the in-game store for the game you’re playing, browse, and buy.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are currently in Season Two of their respective lifecycles at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 2, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough COD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
Activision Blizzard execs respond internally to California lawsuit, calling allegations ‘troubling’
Activision Blizzard executives have sent internal emails to staff in response to the recent lawsuit.
Warzone players call for devs to add permanent Rebirth Island playlists
Rebirth Island has become a popular map for Warzone players, but the community is calling for permanent playlists like Verdansk.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 23
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...