A new patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is now live on PS4 and Xbox One. Patch update size varies by platform and region. The patch includes Lobby Leaderboards, bug fixes, and more.
- Leaderboards enabled in the Barracks.
- Players are now awarded Cryptokeys in Arena and Public matches, after playing consecutive matches in the same playlist.
- Team balancing in Arena and Public Matches has been improved to more consistently maintain even teams.
- Fixed a UI error when entering Prestige in the Multiplayer Frontend menus.
- Addressed a UI error in Fileshare when selecting an empty tab.
- Addressed an issue where hosts were able to leave as soon as the game began.
- Fixed an issue where white boxes were appearing for Custom Classes in Create-A-Class.
- Addressed a case where Scorestreak kills were counting toward Specialist kills for Challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue where Players could have attachments which should be locked after prestiging weapons.
- Players are now prevented from spawning at the same spawn point when there are high Player counts in Free-For-All and Gun Game.
- Addressed a case where Players were able to spawn in after the match time expired.
- Search & Destroy kill elimination has been changed from 250 XP to 500 XP.
- The Cerebus Scorestreak can no longer be destroyed by a friendly teammate’s Power Core Scorestreak.
- The Mothership Scorestreak will no longer count toward the “Hard Counter” challenge.
- Fixed an issue where Players were randomly receiving online error messages while in matches or in menus.
- Specialist Weapons and Abilities now charge at a reduced rate over time in Objective modes.
- Corrected text descriptions for Specialist weapon multi-kills which unlock Specialist Epic.
- Vision Pulse ability recharge speed has been slightly reduced.
- Fixed an issue with the unlock requirements for the 9th helmet.
- Rejack ability recharge speed has been slightly increased.
- H.I.V.E. trigger radius slightly reduced.
- Scythe has had its ammo reduced from 200 to 160.
- Heat Wave ability recharge speed has been slightly increased.
- Longshot distance settings updated for each weapon class.
- Fixed an issue where some damage from shotguns was getting reduced when the Long Barrel attachment was equipped.
- Fixed Launchers not earning weapon XP for destroying vehicles.
- Quickdraw ADS speed bonus for LMG’s slightly reduced.
- Submachine Guns
- ADS time slightly increased to match other SMG’s.
- Hip fire spread slightly increased to match other SMG’s.
- Close damage range slightly reduced.
- Damage range increased.
- Assault Rifles
- Fixed the ADS view for the ironsights, when a Clan Tag or Kill Counter is attached to the weapon.
- Hip fire spread increased to match other Assault Rifles.
- Minor tweak to the fire rate.
- Increased ability to control recoil.
- Fixed an animation issue when the weapon had the Varix 3 Optic and Suppressor attached.
- Fire rate increased.
- Fixed an issue with the ironsights when the Kill Counter was attached.
- Increased lethal range.
- Haymaker 12
- Fire rate and damage range slightly reduced.
- ADS time increased.
- Close range damage increased.
- Light Machine Guns
- ADS speed slightly reduced.
- Increased ability to control recoil.
- Clip size reduced from 50 to 40.
- ADS time has been slowed down.
- No longer deals extra damage to vehicles without FMJ.
- Increased recoil.
- Increased hip-fire spread.
- 48 Dredge
- Fixed magazine count on Extended Mag. This was previously ending on 1 bullet, then playing a 6-round burst audio when the last bullet was fired.
- Slightly increased the ADS time.
- L-CAR 9
- Close damage range slightly reduced.
- L-CAR 9
- Damage rate reduced. Now takes longer to be killed by Thermite.
- Players now prevented from joining a post-match lobby.
- All banned items are now correctly being restricted while in-game.
- Addressed issues with Hard Counter, Actionable Intel, Ante Up, Fast Earner, Bypassed Security, Hard Counter, Destroyer, Defender, Assault, Steady Aim, and Focused Challenges. These should now unlock and track progress correctly.
- Medals will all display in their respective sorted category in the Medals section of the Barracks.
- Fixed issues for the Tag and Bag, Surprise Attack, GI Unit Kill, and Silent Killer Medals not populating in the Barracks.
- Fixed issues with the You’re Done and Shut Down medals. These will now be awarded correctly.
- The extraneous Secure Point Medal displayed in the Medals section has been removed.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to mantle into an unintended area of one of the buildings.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to mantle into an unplayable space in Fringe.
- Addressed an exploit spot involving a wall of one of the buildings.
- Improved Cerebus Scorestreak’s pathing on the 2nd floor of the houses.
- Addressed an issue where Players were able to stand outside of the map boundaries.
- Players are no longer able to shoot through a wall on the 2nd floor of one of the buildings.
- Fixed an exploit where users were able to stand on a ledge under one of the 2nd floor windows.
- Players can no longer wedge themselves in between a tower and one of the high walls.
- Fixed an issue with dead player models outside the white fenced area.
- The Safeguard robot will no longer get stuck outside the North Garage, when attempting to path toward the North Goal.
- Fixed 2 exploits where the player could see into the spawns, as well as shoot players through glass.
- Fixed an issue with max number of bots during Free-For-All or Team Deathmatch.
- Addressed exploits in the Shadows of Evil and The Giant maps.
- Fixed a matchmaking issue where players were able to enter lobbies when they were already full.
- Addressed various areas where zombies would not path to players.
- Players will now be rewarded with a Dark Ops calling card when they Prestige.
- Player can now equip custom Paintjobs in the Armory in the Campaign Safehouses.
- Players can now use the Weapon Builder to access Gunsmith and Paintshop in the Campaign Safehouses.
- Addressed stability issues.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy