A new patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is now live on PlayStation 4. The patch is around a 9.1GB download file.
This patch includes support for the Awakening DLC content for PS4, bug fixes, new feature updates, and more.
The patch will be available on Xbox One and PC soon. Stay tuned for more information.
The Black Ops 3 Awakening DLC content will be available for players to start playing at 12:01AM PST (3:01AM ET // 8:01AM UK time) on February 2nd on PS4, according to Activision Support. In order to play the content, if you own the season pass or buy the DLC, you need to visit the in-game store to activate the DLC once it becomes available.
Awakening DLC 1 Map Pack Support
- Gauntlet: Delivering three unique environments within one action-packed map, Gauntlet showcases Treyarch’s classic three-lane map structure, transporting Players into battle through a sprawling jungle, sub-zero artic zone and rainy urban cityscape.
- Splash: Dive into battle in this abandoned water park, featuring a vibrant and colorful environment, including waterslides, a wrecked pirate ship and a lazy river. Splash encourages an open flow of combat with opportunities for underwater gameplay.
- Rise: A versatile multiplayer map, Rise is set in the snowy outskirts of Zurich in the middle of an ongoing construction site for a massive subterranean Coalescence research campus. With multiple engagement areas throughout this larger map, each section caters to different styles of gameplay.
- Skyjacked: High above urban Zurich, Skyjacked is a modernized version of the popular Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer map Hijacked. Utilizing the new core movement system featured in Black Ops III, this map gives Players new ways to explore the environment, while still retaining the same fast and frenetic gameplay Players love.
- Der Eisendrache: Awakening also introduces the first chapter of Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s Zombies DLC adventure with Der Eisendrache. Set in a chilling medieval Austrian castle during World War II, Players will embark on an epic journey with the Origin characters Richtofen, Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey. The ancient site on which the castle sits was the scene of unspeakable horror where massive deposits of Element 115 have recently been discovered. Players will discover a variety of exciting plot twists and surprises as they survive waves of the undead.
- Addressed an issue allowing Players to infinitely vote for the previous map.
- FreeRun, Nightmares & Dead Ops Arcade 2 are now accessible from the Bonus Menu on the Main Screen.
- Balance pass to improve XP earn rate consistency across game modes.
- Resolved issue where Specialist’s showcase weapons showed both base attachment models and Player selected attachment models.
- Resolved issue where Players were unable to freely scroll through taunts in the Taunts menu if a new taunt was recently acquired.
- Added missing rotation prompt icon in Gunsmith “Custom Variant” and Gunsmith “Snapshot.”
- Addressed issue where Leaderboards were not properly being reset after a Player used a Prestige Token.
- Resolved issue where the Create-a-Class would not update immediately after the purchase of the Extra Slot Pack.
- Added additional anti-cheat support.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Players to move faster by sliding just before landing from a jump.
- Fixed an issue where moving while crouching or ADS did not properly reduce your audio footprint.
- Addressed issues that affected Cryptokey earn rate consistency across game modes.
- In Hardcore, AI-controlled Scorestreaks will no longer count towards the kick limit.
- Cerberus – AI-controlled
- Talon – AI-controlled
- RAPS Drones
- GI Unit
- Resolved issue where Specialist weapon progression was not tracking in round-based game modes.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were being awarded Cryptokeys when not participating in matches.
- Teammates can no longer damage friendly Scorestreaks in Hardcore.
- Addressed issue where Players were able to place turrets underwater after using Rejack.
- Fixed exploit whereby Players were able to obtain the Hellstorm Scorestreaks repeatedly without earning them.
- Addressed bug where Players were able to pick up a turret while controlling the HC-XD.
- Fixed an issue in Free-for-All where the Mothership could not be locked onto by Launchers.
- Adjusted the spawn logic for Lightning Strike to better match the blast radius.
- Adjusted spawn logic in TDM and Kill Confirmed to increase the chance of spawning with your team.
- Players are now able to equip Taunts, Gestures, and Specialist themes from the Black Market results screen for Specialists that are unlocked.
- Updated Black Market purchase animations and FX.
- Addressed audio issues with Black Market when accessing it during matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to view a merged clip in a Highlight Reel would kick the Player back to the Theater menu.
- Fixed issue with the Extra Slots purchase confirmation to ensure the store icon updates immediately.
- Corrected visual layout bug that occurred after purchasing COD Points.
- Players can now view other Player’s Combat Record by selecting the player and choosing “View Combat Record” from the “Player Details” menu.
- Players can now compare stats with Friends in the Combat Record.
- Increased Rejack stand up speed.
- Equalized footstep audio volume to the same audibility of other Specialists.
- Reduced leftover Specialist Power available if Player died while activating the Ripper.
- Fine-tuned Rapid Fire effectiveness across all weapons.
- Submachine Guns
- Reduced sprint out speed
- Fixed issue where Player would occasionally not show on the radar when firing.
- Assault Rifles
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- Increased recoil control.
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- Increased lethal damage range.
- Increased lethal damage range.
- Light Machine Guns
- All LMGs
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- All LMGs
- Sniper Rifles
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- Brass Knuckles
- Added spark effect to Brass Knuckles taunt.
- Brass Knuckles
- No longer deals increased damage to the robot in Safeguard.
- No longer ignores the armor provided to Satellite Drone carriers in Uplink.
- Awareness Perk
- Reduced audible range bonus.
- Increased health of dropship
- Increased AI targeting speed
- Increased AI accuracy
- Increased AI damage
- Increased missile accuracy
- Increased missile projectile speed
- Increased damage radius.
- Increased projectile speed of bomblets.
- Increased targeting radius.
- Increased health.
- R.A.P.S. Deploy Ship
- Increased health.
- Rolling Thunder
- Fixed issue where Rolling Thunder drone pushed through geo, inflicting damage on Players inside buildings.
- Addressed issue where the Hellstorm vision set would show in a Talon’s final Killcam.
- G.I. Unit
- Increased G.I. Unit Drop Ship flares by two.
- Increased health of dropship
- Increased duration to 90 seconds
- Corrected issue where the H.A.T.R. no longer displayed enemies after the owner died.
- Adjusted geography at doorway of Coalescence offices to ensure smooth traversal in that area of the map.
- Addressed an exploit where Players were able to mantle atop a building to gain an unfair advantage against other Players.
- Addressed an issue where AI scorestreaks were able to track Players through lodge walls.
- Fine-tuned G.I. Unit traversals around the map.
- Updated blue car profile to reduce poor engagements.
- Tweaked unique Domination and Demolition cover objects to reduce poor engagements.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to get to an unfair advantageous position on one of the roofs.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to leave the play space near southern gate.
- “Popular” will replace “Moshpit” in the next season. Popular features 6v6 on a mix of Domination and Kill Confirmed game modes.
- Domination and Kill Confirmed will be added to Arena Leaderboards.
- Addressed issue where Emblem Editor UI would remain behind the Arena Pro Series pre-game sequence if the Player was editing a layer during lobby transition.
- Arena default Custom Classes no longer contain restricted items.
- Removed the Map Voting stage from Arena.
- A loss will no longer be recorded when joining a Free-For-All game in progress.
- Addressed issue where Hardpoint boundary wouldn’t appear if a friendly Player controlled the point.
- Adjusted win timing in Safeguard.
- Search and Destroy
- Addressed an issue where inactive Players were not being removed from games in S&D.
- Updated regulation time limit conditions so that if the score limit is reached in regulation Round 1, it also sets the time for regulation Round 2.
- Changed Overtime rules: Game ends if team that set the time to beat in Overtime Round 1 scores any points in Overtime Round 2 before the opposing team.
- Players are no longer able to catch the Satellite Drone immediately after a score; the Satellite Drone resets as soon as the score occurs.
- Fixed issue where Players were able to simultaneously pick up the Uplink Satellite Drone and a turret.
- Reduced score bonus for kills while carrying Satellite Drone.
- Capture The Flag
- Reduced score bonus for kills while carrying the flag.
- Fixed issue where the CTF Custom Game Settings win rules were flipped in the UI.
- Titles for Custom Games are now displayed in the lobby with the game mode and map.
- Official variants have been added to Custom Game modes for Hardcore and CWL rules (Call of Duty World League).
- An “Official” badge is displayed in lobby map image for Official game variants.
- Fixed incorrect Capture the Flag Rule Win Condition description text in game rules.
- Enabled CodCaster for bots only matches.
- Fixed bug where the CodCaster could begin a match before all Players joined.
- Player list will now wrap when cycling through Players.
- Player names now appear with the correct colors when using custom team colors.
- Addressed several UI issues related to CODCasting Hardpoint matches.
- Minimap will now show when a Hardpoint is in a contested state.
- Flag Carrier indicator should now properly appear when CODCasting CTF matches.
- CODCasters can now see objective indicators in the Player List when a Player has an objective.
- Addressed issue where if a Player protected/banned multiple items, only the first item would display.
- Addressed an issue where Player’s max party size would be set to 1 when going from a Multiplayer Lobby to a Zombies Lobby.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when accepting an invite during any cinematic.
- Addressed several issues related to Players being able to exceed the max party size in various situations.
- Resolved several bugs related to joining a session from outside of the game.
- Players can now send game invites while in Campaign.
Challenges and Medals
- Fixed issue where unlocking the Cannibal head for Nomad from a Supply Drop displayed the wrong item.
- Fixed issue where images would not appear for some challenges in the After Action Report.
- Fixed issue for “Collateral” medal in Hardcore where it was occasionally incorrectly awarded for rapid sequential kills.
- Fixed bug where the “Clutch” medal was improperly being awarded if you killed the last Player on an enemy team.
- Addressed issue whereby grenade kills were not counting towards the “Gung Ho Perk 3” challenge.
- Addressed issue where kills from a Hardened Sentry gun received in a Care Package were counting towards the “Heavy Cover” challenge.
- Corrected issue where “Flak Jacket” challenge was tracked in Arena even if the Player had not unlocked Flak Jacket in Public Matches.
- Addressed issues where the following challenges were not correctly being tracked:
- “Engineer Prestige”
- “Now You See Me”
- “Run and Gun”
- “Blast Suppressor”
- “Secondary Gunfighter”
- “Covering Fire”
- Fixed a crash in the Media Tab that occurred when a Player attempted to publish a Clip from a saved file.
- Daily Challenge feature added.
- Ready-Up functionality has returned to the Zombies lobby.
- Fixed an issue where Players were not able to achieve prestige master status.
- Fine-tuned weapon balance.
- Addressed issue where GobbleGum users infrequently consumed the wrong Player’s stock.
- Fixed issue where Players were being kicked from match in 4-Player split screen.
- Fixed issues where lightning effect wasn’t playing on various weapons.
Shadows of Evil
- Fine-tuned weapon balance.
- Addressed various exploits where Players were able to get out of the map.
- Fixed an issue around an Easter Egg quest that prevented a Player from accomplishing the quest.
- Fixed rare issue where Players were unable to start an Easter Egg if they obtained a specific gun.
- Increased visibility of “Lil’Arnie” bottle.
- Addressed visual issue near Beast Mode altar in Canal District.
- Fixed bug where Players were able to pick up the sword while in beast mode.
- Addressed an exploit related to the Level 2 Sword charge meter not depleting correctly.
- Fixed issue where Players were able to purchase/pick up items while transforming back from Beast Mode to Human.
- Addressed bug where the Pop Shocks GobbleGum stayed active when a Player went into Beast Mode.
- Addressed issue where Players are unable to wall run after a host migration in the Pack-A-Punch Room.
- Fixed issue where Players could exploit Margwas from spawning in for the rest of the game.
- Addressed exploits in the Giant map where Players were able to leave play space near Animal Testing area.
- Fixed exploit in the Giant where the Player was able to get under the map near the “Catwalk”.
- Addressed issue where Player could become stuck on collision near the KRM wallbuy and power switch locations.
Dead Ops Arcade 2
- Dead Ops Arcade 2 is now accessible from the Main Menu (BONUS).
- Dedicated Dead Ops Arcade 2 lobby added w/public match support.
- New Leaderboards for solo/2-Player/3-Player/4-Player.
- 4-Player Local support.
- Player guardians (Robots and Skeletons) are no longer collidable.
- Non-player entities should no longer trigger round exits.
- Fixed bug where upon death, Player would respawn with 1, 2 or 4 boosts. (2/4 depending on FATE)
- New Pickup added: Golden Egg, a rare post round 60-item spawn. The Golden Egg hatches into Extra Life pickup.
- Fate of Firepower upgrade: If granted this ability, all weapon pickups will start at Level 2(red); Default Permanent weapon is Level 2 Death Machine (red).
- Fate of Friendship upgrade: Player’s permanent weapon is the Level 3 LMG(purple).
- Fate of Favor upgrade: Golden chicken now only cycles through Level 3(purple) weapons; Golden Chicken lays up to 3 Golden Eggs after ceremonial dance.
- Addressed multiple bugs around invisible Shadow Man issue.
- Solo Player Anti-kiting logic.
- Addressed variety of issues around small window of possible death when exiting vehicle.
- Nerfed the amount of score increment given for direct damage to boss.
- Fixed issues around a small window of possible death at end of Redins Rally.
- Fix for zombies failing to path when Player is in VTOL.
- Fix for loosing ability to run fast if Player dies after Redins but was awarded the temporary Force upgrade.
- Sentry/Rocket turrets can no longer pickup items.
- Upon Death, gems now pop-out correctly and can be scavenged.
- Umbrella pickup now properly drops skulls.
- Fix for Room of Fate progression break if Player captures a falling Fate rock before all others have landed.
- Fix for Player controls not being mapped correctly when Joining in Progress on a game that is currently First-Person mode.
Room of Judgment logic changed to factor in skill and remove the random nature, a Player will always be rewarded.
- Resolved an issue that occasionally prevents completed accolades from registering after finishing a level. This would have prevented Players from achieving the Combat Distinction and Campaign Master challenges.
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
COD Points are the currency of Call of Duty. Here’s a guide on their price, how you can buy them, where to spend them, and what you can buy.
COD Points have become an integral part of Call of Duty games as they can buy some great cosmetics and other items to show off. So here’s a quick guide to tell you how much points cost, how you can buy them, where you can spend them, and what you can get.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Cold War and Warzone offering special Rambo and John McClane skins and bringing back legendary Operators like Soap and Captain Price, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend COD Points.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game and requires COD Points to do so.
So with our detailed guide today, we’re going to run through the basics of COD Points to help you understand them, tell you what they do, and more.
What is the price of COD Points?
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying COD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas some need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
A quick visit to the Battle.net shop will take you to the aforementioned COD Points bundles, and you can take your pick.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
Head to the PlayStation Store either on your PS4, PS5, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
Head to the Microsoft Store either on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Online or select physical retailers will have copious amounts of COD Points vouchers and gift cards for you to purchase. There will be no difference between official sales and retails sales as they will all sell the same bundles.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
Now that you have a nice bundle of COD Points, where do you actually go to spend them? Well, the answer is rather simple: head to the in-game store for the game you’re playing, browse, and buy.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are currently in Season Two of their respective lifecycles at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 2, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough COD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
Activision Blizzard execs respond internally to California lawsuit, calling allegations ‘troubling’
Activision Blizzard executives have sent internal emails to staff in response to the recent lawsuit.
Warzone players call for devs to add permanent Rebirth Island playlists
Rebirth Island has become a popular map for Warzone players, but the community is calling for permanent playlists like Verdansk.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 23
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...