A new patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is now live on PlayStation 4. The patch is around a 9.1GB download file.
This patch includes support for the Awakening DLC content for PS4, bug fixes, new feature updates, and more.
The patch will be available on Xbox One and PC soon. Stay tuned for more information.
The Black Ops 3 Awakening DLC content will be available for players to start playing at 12:01AM PST (3:01AM ET // 8:01AM UK time) on February 2nd on PS4, according to Activision Support. In order to play the content, if you own the season pass or buy the DLC, you need to visit the in-game store to activate the DLC once it becomes available.
Awakening DLC 1 Map Pack Support
- Gauntlet: Delivering three unique environments within one action-packed map, Gauntlet showcases Treyarch’s classic three-lane map structure, transporting Players into battle through a sprawling jungle, sub-zero artic zone and rainy urban cityscape.
- Splash: Dive into battle in this abandoned water park, featuring a vibrant and colorful environment, including waterslides, a wrecked pirate ship and a lazy river. Splash encourages an open flow of combat with opportunities for underwater gameplay.
- Rise: A versatile multiplayer map, Rise is set in the snowy outskirts of Zurich in the middle of an ongoing construction site for a massive subterranean Coalescence research campus. With multiple engagement areas throughout this larger map, each section caters to different styles of gameplay.
- Skyjacked: High above urban Zurich, Skyjacked is a modernized version of the popular Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer map Hijacked. Utilizing the new core movement system featured in Black Ops III, this map gives Players new ways to explore the environment, while still retaining the same fast and frenetic gameplay Players love.
- Der Eisendrache: Awakening also introduces the first chapter of Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s Zombies DLC adventure with Der Eisendrache. Set in a chilling medieval Austrian castle during World War II, Players will embark on an epic journey with the Origin characters Richtofen, Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey. The ancient site on which the castle sits was the scene of unspeakable horror where massive deposits of Element 115 have recently been discovered. Players will discover a variety of exciting plot twists and surprises as they survive waves of the undead.
- Addressed an issue allowing Players to infinitely vote for the previous map.
- FreeRun, Nightmares & Dead Ops Arcade 2 are now accessible from the Bonus Menu on the Main Screen.
- Balance pass to improve XP earn rate consistency across game modes.
- Resolved issue where Specialist’s showcase weapons showed both base attachment models and Player selected attachment models.
- Resolved issue where Players were unable to freely scroll through taunts in the Taunts menu if a new taunt was recently acquired.
- Added missing rotation prompt icon in Gunsmith “Custom Variant” and Gunsmith “Snapshot.”
- Addressed issue where Leaderboards were not properly being reset after a Player used a Prestige Token.
- Resolved issue where the Create-a-Class would not update immediately after the purchase of the Extra Slot Pack.
- Added additional anti-cheat support.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Players to move faster by sliding just before landing from a jump.
- Fixed an issue where moving while crouching or ADS did not properly reduce your audio footprint.
- Addressed issues that affected Cryptokey earn rate consistency across game modes.
- In Hardcore, AI-controlled Scorestreaks will no longer count towards the kick limit.
- Cerberus – AI-controlled
- Talon – AI-controlled
- RAPS Drones
- GI Unit
- Resolved issue where Specialist weapon progression was not tracking in round-based game modes.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were being awarded Cryptokeys when not participating in matches.
- Teammates can no longer damage friendly Scorestreaks in Hardcore.
- Addressed issue where Players were able to place turrets underwater after using Rejack.
- Fixed exploit whereby Players were able to obtain the Hellstorm Scorestreaks repeatedly without earning them.
- Addressed bug where Players were able to pick up a turret while controlling the HC-XD.
- Fixed an issue in Free-for-All where the Mothership could not be locked onto by Launchers.
- Adjusted the spawn logic for Lightning Strike to better match the blast radius.
- Adjusted spawn logic in TDM and Kill Confirmed to increase the chance of spawning with your team.
- Players are now able to equip Taunts, Gestures, and Specialist themes from the Black Market results screen for Specialists that are unlocked.
- Updated Black Market purchase animations and FX.
- Addressed audio issues with Black Market when accessing it during matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to view a merged clip in a Highlight Reel would kick the Player back to the Theater menu.
- Fixed issue with the Extra Slots purchase confirmation to ensure the store icon updates immediately.
- Corrected visual layout bug that occurred after purchasing COD Points.
- Players can now view other Player’s Combat Record by selecting the player and choosing “View Combat Record” from the “Player Details” menu.
- Players can now compare stats with Friends in the Combat Record.
- Increased Rejack stand up speed.
- Equalized footstep audio volume to the same audibility of other Specialists.
- Reduced leftover Specialist Power available if Player died while activating the Ripper.
- Fine-tuned Rapid Fire effectiveness across all weapons.
- Submachine Guns
- Reduced sprint out speed
- Fixed issue where Player would occasionally not show on the radar when firing.
- Assault Rifles
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- Increased recoil control.
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- Increased lethal damage range.
- Increased lethal damage range.
- Light Machine Guns
- All LMGs
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- All LMGs
- Sniper Rifles
- Increased ADS aim stability.
- Brass Knuckles
- Added spark effect to Brass Knuckles taunt.
- Brass Knuckles
- No longer deals increased damage to the robot in Safeguard.
- No longer ignores the armor provided to Satellite Drone carriers in Uplink.
- Awareness Perk
- Reduced audible range bonus.
- Increased health of dropship
- Increased AI targeting speed
- Increased AI accuracy
- Increased AI damage
- Increased missile accuracy
- Increased missile projectile speed
- Increased damage radius.
- Increased projectile speed of bomblets.
- Increased targeting radius.
- Increased health.
- R.A.P.S. Deploy Ship
- Increased health.
- Rolling Thunder
- Fixed issue where Rolling Thunder drone pushed through geo, inflicting damage on Players inside buildings.
- Addressed issue where the Hellstorm vision set would show in a Talon’s final Killcam.
- G.I. Unit
- Increased G.I. Unit Drop Ship flares by two.
- Increased health of dropship
- Increased duration to 90 seconds
- Corrected issue where the H.A.T.R. no longer displayed enemies after the owner died.
- Adjusted geography at doorway of Coalescence offices to ensure smooth traversal in that area of the map.
- Addressed an exploit where Players were able to mantle atop a building to gain an unfair advantage against other Players.
- Addressed an issue where AI scorestreaks were able to track Players through lodge walls.
- Fine-tuned G.I. Unit traversals around the map.
- Updated blue car profile to reduce poor engagements.
- Tweaked unique Domination and Demolition cover objects to reduce poor engagements.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to get to an unfair advantageous position on one of the roofs.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to leave the play space near southern gate.
- “Popular” will replace “Moshpit” in the next season. Popular features 6v6 on a mix of Domination and Kill Confirmed game modes.
- Domination and Kill Confirmed will be added to Arena Leaderboards.
- Addressed issue where Emblem Editor UI would remain behind the Arena Pro Series pre-game sequence if the Player was editing a layer during lobby transition.
- Arena default Custom Classes no longer contain restricted items.
- Removed the Map Voting stage from Arena.
- A loss will no longer be recorded when joining a Free-For-All game in progress.
- Addressed issue where Hardpoint boundary wouldn’t appear if a friendly Player controlled the point.
- Adjusted win timing in Safeguard.
- Search and Destroy
- Addressed an issue where inactive Players were not being removed from games in S&D.
- Updated regulation time limit conditions so that if the score limit is reached in regulation Round 1, it also sets the time for regulation Round 2.
- Changed Overtime rules: Game ends if team that set the time to beat in Overtime Round 1 scores any points in Overtime Round 2 before the opposing team.
- Players are no longer able to catch the Satellite Drone immediately after a score; the Satellite Drone resets as soon as the score occurs.
- Fixed issue where Players were able to simultaneously pick up the Uplink Satellite Drone and a turret.
- Reduced score bonus for kills while carrying Satellite Drone.
- Capture The Flag
- Reduced score bonus for kills while carrying the flag.
- Fixed issue where the CTF Custom Game Settings win rules were flipped in the UI.
- Titles for Custom Games are now displayed in the lobby with the game mode and map.
- Official variants have been added to Custom Game modes for Hardcore and CWL rules (Call of Duty World League).
- An “Official” badge is displayed in lobby map image for Official game variants.
- Fixed incorrect Capture the Flag Rule Win Condition description text in game rules.
- Enabled CodCaster for bots only matches.
- Fixed bug where the CodCaster could begin a match before all Players joined.
- Player list will now wrap when cycling through Players.
- Player names now appear with the correct colors when using custom team colors.
- Addressed several UI issues related to CODCasting Hardpoint matches.
- Minimap will now show when a Hardpoint is in a contested state.
- Flag Carrier indicator should now properly appear when CODCasting CTF matches.
- CODCasters can now see objective indicators in the Player List when a Player has an objective.
- Addressed issue where if a Player protected/banned multiple items, only the first item would display.
- Addressed an issue where Player’s max party size would be set to 1 when going from a Multiplayer Lobby to a Zombies Lobby.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when accepting an invite during any cinematic.
- Addressed several issues related to Players being able to exceed the max party size in various situations.
- Resolved several bugs related to joining a session from outside of the game.
- Players can now send game invites while in Campaign.
Challenges and Medals
- Fixed issue where unlocking the Cannibal head for Nomad from a Supply Drop displayed the wrong item.
- Fixed issue where images would not appear for some challenges in the After Action Report.
- Fixed issue for “Collateral” medal in Hardcore where it was occasionally incorrectly awarded for rapid sequential kills.
- Fixed bug where the “Clutch” medal was improperly being awarded if you killed the last Player on an enemy team.
- Addressed issue whereby grenade kills were not counting towards the “Gung Ho Perk 3” challenge.
- Addressed issue where kills from a Hardened Sentry gun received in a Care Package were counting towards the “Heavy Cover” challenge.
- Corrected issue where “Flak Jacket” challenge was tracked in Arena even if the Player had not unlocked Flak Jacket in Public Matches.
- Addressed issues where the following challenges were not correctly being tracked:
- “Engineer Prestige”
- “Now You See Me”
- “Run and Gun”
- “Blast Suppressor”
- “Secondary Gunfighter”
- “Covering Fire”
- Fixed a crash in the Media Tab that occurred when a Player attempted to publish a Clip from a saved file.
- Daily Challenge feature added.
- Ready-Up functionality has returned to the Zombies lobby.
- Fixed an issue where Players were not able to achieve prestige master status.
- Fine-tuned weapon balance.
- Addressed issue where GobbleGum users infrequently consumed the wrong Player’s stock.
- Fixed issue where Players were being kicked from match in 4-Player split screen.
- Fixed issues where lightning effect wasn’t playing on various weapons.
Shadows of Evil
- Fine-tuned weapon balance.
- Addressed various exploits where Players were able to get out of the map.
- Fixed an issue around an Easter Egg quest that prevented a Player from accomplishing the quest.
- Fixed rare issue where Players were unable to start an Easter Egg if they obtained a specific gun.
- Increased visibility of “Lil’Arnie” bottle.
- Addressed visual issue near Beast Mode altar in Canal District.
- Fixed bug where Players were able to pick up the sword while in beast mode.
- Addressed an exploit related to the Level 2 Sword charge meter not depleting correctly.
- Fixed issue where Players were able to purchase/pick up items while transforming back from Beast Mode to Human.
- Addressed bug where the Pop Shocks GobbleGum stayed active when a Player went into Beast Mode.
- Addressed issue where Players are unable to wall run after a host migration in the Pack-A-Punch Room.
- Fixed issue where Players could exploit Margwas from spawning in for the rest of the game.
- Addressed exploits in the Giant map where Players were able to leave play space near Animal Testing area.
- Fixed exploit in the Giant where the Player was able to get under the map near the “Catwalk”.
- Addressed issue where Player could become stuck on collision near the KRM wallbuy and power switch locations.
Dead Ops Arcade 2
- Dead Ops Arcade 2 is now accessible from the Main Menu (BONUS).
- Dedicated Dead Ops Arcade 2 lobby added w/public match support.
- New Leaderboards for solo/2-Player/3-Player/4-Player.
- 4-Player Local support.
- Player guardians (Robots and Skeletons) are no longer collidable.
- Non-player entities should no longer trigger round exits.
- Fixed bug where upon death, Player would respawn with 1, 2 or 4 boosts. (2/4 depending on FATE)
- New Pickup added: Golden Egg, a rare post round 60-item spawn. The Golden Egg hatches into Extra Life pickup.
- Fate of Firepower upgrade: If granted this ability, all weapon pickups will start at Level 2(red); Default Permanent weapon is Level 2 Death Machine (red).
- Fate of Friendship upgrade: Player’s permanent weapon is the Level 3 LMG(purple).
- Fate of Favor upgrade: Golden chicken now only cycles through Level 3(purple) weapons; Golden Chicken lays up to 3 Golden Eggs after ceremonial dance.
- Addressed multiple bugs around invisible Shadow Man issue.
- Solo Player Anti-kiting logic.
- Addressed variety of issues around small window of possible death when exiting vehicle.
- Nerfed the amount of score increment given for direct damage to boss.
- Fixed issues around a small window of possible death at end of Redins Rally.
- Fix for zombies failing to path when Player is in VTOL.
- Fix for loosing ability to run fast if Player dies after Redins but was awarded the temporary Force upgrade.
- Sentry/Rocket turrets can no longer pickup items.
- Upon Death, gems now pop-out correctly and can be scavenged.
- Umbrella pickup now properly drops skulls.
- Fix for Room of Fate progression break if Player captures a falling Fate rock before all others have landed.
- Fix for Player controls not being mapped correctly when Joining in Progress on a game that is currently First-Person mode.
Room of Judgment logic changed to factor in skill and remove the random nature, a Player will always be rewarded.
- Resolved an issue that occasionally prevents completed accolades from registering after finishing a level. This would have prevented Players from achieving the Combat Distinction and Campaign Master challenges.
Is Black Ops 2 being remastered? Rumors & leaks
Fans have been wondering for sometime if CoD: Black Ops 2 is going to be remastered, and we’ll answer that today.
Several Call of Duty games have received the remaster treatment in recent years, and it’s left fans wondering if the mega-popular Black Ops 2 will get one. Here are all the latest rumors and leaks regarding a Black Ops 2 remaster.
The popularity of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 simply cannot be understated with the game being considered the greatest of all time by many. But fast-forward to 2021, and players want to know if this beloved entry in the CoD franchise will be remastered.
The premise of Call of Duty remasters was kickstarted by the 2016 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered title. Since then, we’ve also had the Modern Warfare 2 campaign be remastered, and there are rumors of Modern Warfare 3 being remastered, despite Activision saying it isn’t.
Is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 being remastered?
From what we understand, no, not at this time. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that any form of Black Ops remaster is in the works.
Naturally, people would think that Treyarch’s Black Ops may receive the same love that the Modern Warfare franchise has gotten, but alas it doesn’t seem to be the case.
Why isn’t Black Ops 2 being remastered?
We believe there could be two strong reasons for Black Ops 2 not being remastered, one being that it would oversaturate the CoD market, and also that we’ve already seen a few of its maps recently.
One of the problems 2016’s Infinite Warfare suffered from is that it released with the full Call of Duty 4 remaster, and consequently, the player base was divided between the two games.
Furthermore, Black Ops Cold War featured no less than seven Black Ops 2 map remasters throughout its multiple seasons, and they feel too fresh in the memory to warrant a remaster of the multiplayer.
We could see a remaster of the Black Ops campaigns, following the successful rerelease of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign.
Activision may have some surprises and remasters up their sleeves, but for the time being, we can only speculate and ask you to keep checking in to see if anything becomes official.
Also, check out everything we know about Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Infinity Ward announces new Austin office as studio gears up for CoD 2022
The original Call of Duty developer, Infinity Ward, is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas for CoD 2022.
One of the three developers behind the Call of Duty franchise is getting a new office. Infinity Ward is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas, in preparation for CoD 2022.
Infinity Ward is the developer behind the original Call of Duty game. Activision founded Infinity Ward in 2002, with the first Call of Duty title being released in 2003. This birthed one of the most iconic video game franchises to date.
Infinity Ward would go on to develop Call of Duty 2 in 2005 before alternating developers. Now, Infinity Ward is known for developing the Modern Warfare titles, which are released roughly every three years.
With Infinity Ward releasing the last Modern Warfare title in 2019, the developer is gearing up for another release in 2022. We don’t know what CoD 2022 will be just yet, but we do know that Infinity Ward is expanding its operations with a new office.
Infinity Ward Austin Texas office
Today, Infinity Ward announced via Twitter that it would be opening a new office in Austin, Texas. This would be the fourth development hub for the company, with the other three being located in Los Angeles, Poland, and Mexico.
- Read More: Warzone Season 6 will be the end of Verdansk
This also means that Infinity Ward is hiring. According to Infinity Ward, the Austin office is currently hiring for all positions, and you can find all of the available jobs posted on the Infinity Ward website.
Call of Duty: Vanguard releases in less than a month. It’s taking players back to WWII, where Infinity Ward is expected to bring the franchise back to modern times, with CoD 2022 speculated to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
That being said, we have no official idea what to expect from Infinity Ward going into 2022, but with the significant success of Modern Warfare 2019, it will no doubt be a Call of Duty game plenty of players will love.
Regardless, Infinity Ward is planning something big, and the new office proves just that. So, if Vanguard isn’t your cup of tea, CoD 2022 is just a year away.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward / Activision
Biggest AAA video games coming in 2022: PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, Stadia & Steam
2022 could be a huge year for video games and here’s all the biggest titles coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and more – with dates.
2022 is shaping up to be a massive year for video games. Between franchises such as God of War, Gran Turismo, Horizon, Pokemon, and Harry Potter, the PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and Stadia have some mammoth titles to host. Here’s an extensive look into the biggest games and potential release dates too.
The beginning of 2022 will signal over a year since the PS5, and Xbox Series X took video games to the ninth generation of consoles. Developers have had plenty of time to chew the fat and harness the power of the consoles to create immense AAA experiences.
There’s also plenty of mileage left for the Nintendo Switch, and of course, PC, Stadia, and Steam are always on the march.
PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC, Steam & Stadia video games in 2022
Some genuinely iconic franchises and household names are expected to launch video games in 2022, so here’s a look at the top AAA video games coming in 2022.
God of War: Ragnarok release date: 2022
Players got a juicy look at the next epic adventure in Santa Monica’s God of War franchise during the 2021 PlayStation Experience. Kratos and Atreus are set to battle with Freya, possibly Thor, and their own demons.
God of War Ragnarok looks like it’s expanded upon the reboot to incorporate more NPCs, more spectacular gameplay, and a gripping narrative that will test the bond between father and son.
Horizon Forbidden West release date: February 18, 2022
Aloy is one of the standout protagonists in gaming during modern times, and her post-apocalyptic adventures are set to continue in Horizon Forbidden West.
She seeks to uncover even more truth and learn about the state of the world she resides in, all the while battling even more dangerous robotic creatures and nature itself.
Elden Ring release date: January 21, 2022
One of the first games to arrive in 2022, Elden Ring is the next sinister and challenging game to come from the sadistic bunch at FromSoftware.
Their track record at producing brutal yet satisfying RPGs will be tested in the form of Elden Ring, their newest ‘Souls’ game. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, there seems to be a much deeper emphasis on the story with Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin on board to help with the narrative.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus release date: January 28, 2022
Unlike the typical dual-releases that Pokemon specializes in, Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a standalone game that continues the growth shown in recent, mainline Pokemon titles.
Embracing the open-world nature of 2020’s Pokemon Sword and Shield, Arceus is a brand new adventure that will involve all the familiar, beloved elements of Pokemon games: obtaining them, training them, leveling them, and catching them all!
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction release date: January 2022
Another spin-off, this time from the team at Ubisoft as they take a drastic turn away from the realism of simulated combat.
Instead, Rainbow Six Extraction delves into the world of the unknown, and non-human, as teams of three pull together to take down alien creatures called Archaeans. It will feature lots of the same gameplay mechanics and Operators from Siege, but with a darker, deadly twist.
Dying Light 2 release date: February 4, 2022
The long-awaited sequel to the hit 2015 survival-adventure game, Dying Light 2 promises to bring more parkour-zombie-survival action that made the first such a breakout success.
Offering more open-world exploration, the player must scavenge, forge friendships (and weapons), and deal with both friendly and hostile forces.
As with the first Dying Light, players need to make the most of the precious daylight before night strikes, as the undead gets a bit more fidgety and murderous.
Gran Turismo 7 release date: March 4, 2022
Polyphony Digital is infamous for taking their time between each Gran Turismo release to ensure every one is as polished as can be, and the PS5 looks set to make Gran Turismo 7 one of the best-looking games ever.
Like with God of War Ragnarok, the 2021 PlayStation Experience gave fans a glimpse into the high-speed action they can expect with Gran Turismo 7.
It’s learned from its predecessor’s mistakes and will launch with a complete career mode, and could be a bonafide system-seller for Sony and the PlayStation brand.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 could easily be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
Breath of the Wild took the world by storm in 2017 with its rich, expressive world that deviated from the conventions of traditional Zelda games. Many millions of copies sold later, and fans everywhere are desperate for the next chapter for Link in this gorgeous, sprawling version of Hyrule.
Call of Duty 2022 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a year of video games without a major Call of Duty release, and we expect 2022 to be no different.
Given that there’s already a buzz about Call of Duty 2023, we would say it’s safe to assume that another Call of Duty game will release in 2022.
With Vanguard being set in World War 2, rumors are rife that the 2022 Call of Duty will be a Modern Warfare sequel.
Gotham Knights release date: 2022
A Gotham City without the caped crusader is a strange thought, but that’s the threat that faces it as Bruce Wayne is dead.
In Batman’s place, his former proteges need to step up and protect Gotham, batting away any threats of crime perpetrated by some of its most evil supervillains. Featuring co-operative mode, players can take control of these plucky heroes and hopefully do Batman proud.
Hogwarts Legacy release date: 2022
There have been many Harry Potter movie tie-in games, but there still hasn’t been an authentic RPG experience that lets you become your own wizard – until now.
Hogwarts Legacy will let fans worldwide finally live out their dream of attending Hogwarts, and the game allows players to select their House, the classes they do, and customize their character, all the while fighting monsters and completing quests.
That completes our guide to the biggest and most anticipated video games that are due to arrive in 2022.
For all the latest news and guides on these games and more, stay with us at Charlie INTEL!
Image Credit: Avalanche Software, WB Games Montreal, Nintendo, Polyphony Digital, Techland, Game Freak, FromSoftware, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Ubisoft
Warzone Iron Trials ’84 mode: Return date, new ruleset, rewards
The fan-favorite Iron Trials '84 mode is very popular in Warzone, so here's all of the latest information you need...
Warzone October 15 update patch notes: Iron Trials ’84 Trios, new Tac Sprint settings, more
Raven Software has rolled out the Warzone October 15 update patch notes, and they include Iron Trials Trios and a...
How to get The Batman Who Laughs skin in Fortnite Season 8
In another DC crossover, The Batman Who Laughs skin arrives in Fortnite Season 8, so here's how to get the...