Treyarch has released a new patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on PlayStation 4. The new patch update is version 1.07. Players should be promoted to update to the latest version when launching the game.
We will update when the patch goes live on other platforms.
- Addressed issue where earned Dark Matter camos were not appearing on Black Market weapons.
- Resolved bug where Players were unable to unlock Gold/Diamond camos on the Marshal16 and MX Garand if they earned Weapon Class Mastery before TU5.
- Updated visuals for Prestige Kill Counter and Clan Tag.
- Resolved issue where the wrong image would appear when a Player received the Reaper Geist Specialist theme in a Supply Drop.
- Addressed bug where the NX ShadowClaw’s Bayonet would display the wrong image if banned or protected in Arenas.
- Fixed issue where the wrong image was displayed for the LRX3 in the Custom Games Protect/Ban menu.
- Updated Official Custom Variants for CWL Competitive Game Modes.
- Added a Live Event viewer to allow Players to watch the Call of Duty World League games from the Main Menu.
- Fixed issue where a white image was appearing in the Killfeed for Fury Song kills.
- Corrected bug where the Fury Song icon would display in the Killfeed whenever a Player received a kill with the Combat Knife.
- Added ricochet damage for Care Package owners in Hardcore Modes.
- Added ricochet damage for Players planting or defusing bombs in Search & Destroy in Hardcore Mode.
- Addressed issue where the Wraith was being destroyed by one less rocket than intended.
- Rolling Thunder
- Fixed bug where the Rolling Thunder could be seen on the mini-map by enemies who were not using the Engineer Perk.
- Addressed exploit where players could mantle onto rocks near Start spawn and get outside of playable area.
- Addressed exploit where Players were able to gain an unfair advantage by standing atop invisible collision near Red Barn.
- Prevented Player from escorting Safeguard robot from inside building.
- Spawned model near S&D Bomb Site B to prevent bad line of sight.
- Prevented Players from escorting the Safeguard robot from 2nd floor of buildings.
- Adjusted Hardpoint Zone so players are unable to hold it from outside the building.
- Spawned in additional collision to prevent Yellow Tube exploit.
- Carved out collision in the Red tube to allow for better Player movement.
- Increased accuracy. Now has less recoil.
- Iron Jim
- Fixed consecutive attack speed to be consistent with other melee weapons.
- Fixed issue where Players were unable to earn progress towards the Chameleon camo if the Varix 3 was attached.
- Addressed bug where the Marshal 16’s progression would count towards the MR6’s stats if using the Dual Wield attachment.
- Resolved issue where the “Run and Gun” Prestige challenge would not track if Players gained kills using the Dual Wield attachment and the Gung-Ho Perk.
- Addressed bug where Players were unable to earn progress towards the Chameleon camo if the Dual Wield Perk was equipped.
- Improved matchmaking in Arenas.
- Fixed issues where Parties would occasionally be split when searching for a new Arena match.
- Added neutral state to ban/protect options.
- Players are now able to continue editing classes and streaks after pressing ‘Done.’
- Custom Games
- Added NX ShadowClaw to custom game competitive options.
- Fixed issue where reporting a Player would not update with the correct name.
- Addressed exploit in Daily Challenge system.
- Fixed issue where Player could trigger the rocket shield functionality and/or GobbleGums when the scoreboard was on screen.
- Fixed issue where a blank Daily Challenge card would appear in the after action report at the end of a local/offline Zombies game.
- Fixed issue where Double Weapon XP meter did not accurately reflect the amount of XP earned after a match.
- Alternate ammo types have received a balancing pass.
- Fixed multiple Zombie pathing exploits on Der Eisendrache.
- Addressed a variety of exploits where Players were able to exit the playable area on Der Eisendrache.
- Fixed issue where the Death Machine wasn’t doing appropriate damage at higher rounds.
- Resolved bug around the Ragnarok DG-4’s slam ability.
- Fixed bug where the Ragnarok DG-4’s FX would not turn off correctly when two were planted in sequence.
- The Panzer Soldat has received a balancing pass.
- Fixed issue where Players were able to duplicate upgraded Bows.
- Addressed several bugs surrounding the main Easter Egg quest.
- Addressed invisible collision issues during the Keeper battle.
- Resolved bug with the plunger melee weapon.
- Fixed issue where the jump pads would not activate.
- Resolved issue where in-game characters could be heard speaking to one another during cinematic sequences.
Dead Ops Arcade II
- Fixed a bug where Firepower fate weapon did not upgrade to purple version.
- Eliminated a very small time window where Player exiting a vehicle was vulnerable to damage.
- New pickup added post round 24; Coat of Arms.
- Increased Siegebot Player vehicle time by 10 seconds for balancing purposes.
- Increased the health of the Golden Egg by 3x.
Dr Disrespect explains how Battlefield 2042 could reignite CoD rivalry
After loving Battlefield 2042’s reveal trailer, Dr Disrespect explained how this year’s title could reignite the franchise’s rivalry with CoD.
Dr Disrespect has long been fed up with Warzone and the current state of gaming but believes Battlefield 2042 could bring back the rivalry with Call of Duty.
Herschel “Guy” Beahm IV, who streams under the alias “Dr Disrespect,” has been having a bad time with Warzone recently, saying that he’s “over” the game and might take a break from streaming if another game doesn’t come out soon. Lamenting the game’s audio, visibility, and the state of solos, Doc has said that Battlefield 2042 will be the competition Warzone needs.
In the mid-2010s, Call of Duty and Battlefield were the shooter franchises to buy, with both franchises putting out action-packed, cinematic trailers to rival the other game. After watching Battlefield 2042’s epic reveal trailer, streamer Dr Disrespect believes that the two franchises’ once-great rivalry could reignite.
Throughout Battlefield 2042’s official reveal trailer Dr Disrespect looked impressed throughout and said afterward, “They’re bringing showtime.”
“I’ve gotta be honest, that was a fantastic trailer man. Action-packed. Kind of reminds me of the old days to a certain degree. Remember when Call of Duty was putting out these big trailers and then it was back and forth between Battlefield…I feel like we lost some of that competition the past couple of years, I don’t know why…but I’m liking this.”
Although Doc enjoyed the cinematic trailer, he was quite disappointed that no gameplay was shown. He explained how he’s especially excited for the gameplay reveal on June 13, and here’s how to watch it.
Dr Disrespect has previously said he’s especially excited for a Battlefield battle royale, which he believes could emulate Warzone’s success and be the rival it needs.
While Battlefield 2042 won’t have a battle royale at launch, a recent report claims that 2021’s Call of Duty Vanguard will launch with a brand new WW2-themed map. The competition is set to be fierce at the end of the year, which can only improve both franchises.
Image Credit: Dr Disrespect / DICE / Activision
Former General Manager of Call of Duty joins EA to lead Battlefield franchise
With all the hype surrounding the new Battlefield, EA have employed an ex-Call of Duty executive to help boost the franchise.
EA has appointed a new general manager for Battlefield 2021 as the hype continues to develop for the franchise’s future release.
There has been a lot of hype surrounding Battlefield’s future release, from supposed leaked images to the gameplay reveal teaser released recently.
It seems the community is longing for a new Battlefield game, with popular Warzone player Dr Disrespect even stating his excitement for it. A new Battlefield game would breathe life into the FPS genre, especially if it can compete with Call of Duty: Warzone.
It does seem that EA is taking steps to do this. Not only have there been leaks suggesting that the new Battlefield will feature Warzone-like weapon loadout customization, but recent news has revealed that EA has even employed an ex-Call of Duty general manager.
EA announced today that Byron Beede, the former Call of Duty and Destiny general manager, has been appointed as the new SVP and GM of the Battlefield franchise, which perhaps “signals a strategic, long-term commitment to the growth of the franchise.”
Beede played a huge role in the development of both Call of Duty and Destiny, even playing an integral part in the growth of Warzone and Call of Duty Mobile, which are extremely popular.
It is also understood that Bryan Beede will also be directing the new Battlefield Mobile entity set for next year as well as a new Battlefield game. However, it does seem Bryan’s overall focus will be on developing the franchise for future growth.
Beede left Activision and Call of Duty in April 2021, when Activision announced that Johanna Faries would take over as General Manager of Call of Duty.
IGN has reported that: “Beede will report directly to Respawn founder Vince Zampella, who took over as head of DICE LA last year. DICE Stockholm GM, Oskar Gabrielson, and EA European studios GGM David Rutter will see no changes to their positions.”
With all of these developments in the background, Battlefield fans will surely be even more hyped for the release and even the reveal, which is coming on June 9.
We aren’t sure what to expect for the future of Battlefield, but we are definitely excited to see where it goes. For more on the future release, stay tuned via Charlie INTEL and check out our article on Battlefield’s leaked alpha date.
Image Credits: EA
Activision provides an update on and future plans for combating toxicity in Call of Duty
The Call of Duty community has received an update from the franchise regarding its current and future efforts to combat toxicity.
Activision has provided the Call of Duty community an update on its work to combat various forms of toxicity and its plans to make sure that the Call of Duty franchise provides a safe and fun gameplay experience for everyone.
Call of Duty is one of the biggest entertainment franchises globally and has grown to new heights recently with the release and support of Warzone, Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War, and Call of Duty: Mobile.
However, as with most online multiplayer games, some players, unfortunately, resort to engaging in toxic behavior that includes hate speech and harassment.
To combat this toxicity, Activision has been working to remove this kind of behavior from Call of Duty games and recently provided the community an update on the work it has been doing to accomplish it and what it plans to do going forward to be more effective in combating toxicity.
According to the update, over 350,000 accounts have been banned in the past 12 months for “racist names or toxic behavior based on player-submitted reports and an extensive review of our player-name database.”
The update also stated that new in-game filters had been implemented to catch potentially offensive user names, clan tags, or profiles. New technology to filter potentially offensive text chat and filters across 11 languages has also been implemented.
Activision also stated in the toxicity report that it would be working to improve in areas that will help “give players the tools needed to manage their own gameplay experience, combined with an enforcement approach that addresses hate speech, racism, sexism, and harassment..”
You can find these areas of improvement below:
- More resources to support detection and enforcement
- Additional monitoring and backend technology
- Scrubbing databases to bring systems up to current standards
- Consistent and fair review of enforcement policies
- Increased communication with the community
There is no doubt that toxic behavior can ruin the enjoyable experience that video games like Call of Duty are intended to provide to players. Hopefully, these efforts by the franchise will work in reducing instances of toxicity to a non-existent level.
Image Credits: Activision
World Series of Warzone: Teams, Draft, Standings, & Stream
The World Series of Warzone is kicking competitive Warzone up a notch, and we have the teams, draft, standings and...
Warzone devs announce MG 82 nerf is officially coming
The MG 82 LMG has already proven it is overpowered, as the Warzone developers have announced that a nerf is...
Warzone June 18 update patch notes: New weapon unlock challenges & bug fixes
The Warzone June 18 update patch notes have brought various bug fixes for the Call of Duty battle royale following...