Treyarch has released a new patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on PlayStation 4. The new patch update is version 1.07. Players should be promoted to update to the latest version when launching the game.
We will update when the patch goes live on other platforms.
- Addressed issue where earned Dark Matter camos were not appearing on Black Market weapons.
- Resolved bug where Players were unable to unlock Gold/Diamond camos on the Marshal16 and MX Garand if they earned Weapon Class Mastery before TU5.
- Updated visuals for Prestige Kill Counter and Clan Tag.
- Resolved issue where the wrong image would appear when a Player received the Reaper Geist Specialist theme in a Supply Drop.
- Addressed bug where the NX ShadowClaw’s Bayonet would display the wrong image if banned or protected in Arenas.
- Fixed issue where the wrong image was displayed for the LRX3 in the Custom Games Protect/Ban menu.
- Updated Official Custom Variants for CWL Competitive Game Modes.
- Added a Live Event viewer to allow Players to watch the Call of Duty World League games from the Main Menu.
- Fixed issue where a white image was appearing in the Killfeed for Fury Song kills.
- Corrected bug where the Fury Song icon would display in the Killfeed whenever a Player received a kill with the Combat Knife.
- Added ricochet damage for Care Package owners in Hardcore Modes.
- Added ricochet damage for Players planting or defusing bombs in Search & Destroy in Hardcore Mode.
- Addressed issue where the Wraith was being destroyed by one less rocket than intended.
- Rolling Thunder
- Fixed bug where the Rolling Thunder could be seen on the mini-map by enemies who were not using the Engineer Perk.
- Addressed exploit where players could mantle onto rocks near Start spawn and get outside of playable area.
- Addressed exploit where Players were able to gain an unfair advantage by standing atop invisible collision near Red Barn.
- Prevented Player from escorting Safeguard robot from inside building.
- Spawned model near S&D Bomb Site B to prevent bad line of sight.
- Prevented Players from escorting the Safeguard robot from 2nd floor of buildings.
- Adjusted Hardpoint Zone so players are unable to hold it from outside the building.
- Spawned in additional collision to prevent Yellow Tube exploit.
- Carved out collision in the Red tube to allow for better Player movement.
- Increased accuracy. Now has less recoil.
- Iron Jim
- Fixed consecutive attack speed to be consistent with other melee weapons.
- Fixed issue where Players were unable to earn progress towards the Chameleon camo if the Varix 3 was attached.
- Addressed bug where the Marshal 16’s progression would count towards the MR6’s stats if using the Dual Wield attachment.
- Resolved issue where the “Run and Gun” Prestige challenge would not track if Players gained kills using the Dual Wield attachment and the Gung-Ho Perk.
- Addressed bug where Players were unable to earn progress towards the Chameleon camo if the Dual Wield Perk was equipped.
- Improved matchmaking in Arenas.
- Fixed issues where Parties would occasionally be split when searching for a new Arena match.
- Added neutral state to ban/protect options.
- Players are now able to continue editing classes and streaks after pressing ‘Done.’
- Custom Games
- Added NX ShadowClaw to custom game competitive options.
- Fixed issue where reporting a Player would not update with the correct name.
- Addressed exploit in Daily Challenge system.
- Fixed issue where Player could trigger the rocket shield functionality and/or GobbleGums when the scoreboard was on screen.
- Fixed issue where a blank Daily Challenge card would appear in the after action report at the end of a local/offline Zombies game.
- Fixed issue where Double Weapon XP meter did not accurately reflect the amount of XP earned after a match.
- Alternate ammo types have received a balancing pass.
- Fixed multiple Zombie pathing exploits on Der Eisendrache.
- Addressed a variety of exploits where Players were able to exit the playable area on Der Eisendrache.
- Fixed issue where the Death Machine wasn’t doing appropriate damage at higher rounds.
- Resolved bug around the Ragnarok DG-4’s slam ability.
- Fixed bug where the Ragnarok DG-4’s FX would not turn off correctly when two were planted in sequence.
- The Panzer Soldat has received a balancing pass.
- Fixed issue where Players were able to duplicate upgraded Bows.
- Addressed several bugs surrounding the main Easter Egg quest.
- Addressed invisible collision issues during the Keeper battle.
- Resolved bug with the plunger melee weapon.
- Fixed issue where the jump pads would not activate.
- Resolved issue where in-game characters could be heard speaking to one another during cinematic sequences.
Dead Ops Arcade II
- Fixed a bug where Firepower fate weapon did not upgrade to purple version.
- Eliminated a very small time window where Player exiting a vehicle was vulnerable to damage.
- New pickup added post round 24; Coat of Arms.
- Increased Siegebot Player vehicle time by 10 seconds for balancing purposes.
- Increased the health of the Golden Egg by 3x.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How to get Warzone Phoenix Inferno blueprint
Warzone players love a good weapon blueprint, especially ones with as much detail as the latest Phoenix Inferno blueprint for...
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
Black Ops Cold War players want one major change for Mastercraft blueprints
Black Ops Cold War Mastercraft blueprints are great, giving players detailed thematic skins for their weapons, but some players want...