A new patch for Call of Duty: Ghosts has been released on all platforms. The patch’s notable additions is Free Fall is now available to everyone, and it’s added to the playlists.
A new patch for Wii U has also been released; patch notes are at the bottom.
Full patch notes:
- Allow Free Fall to be available for everyone.
- All challenges are now active operations at once.
- Main Menu layout update.
- Update to Gold Camo tracking. Now shows how many camos left to unlock Gold.
- Added Hunted Free For All leaderboard.
- Added Weapon Operations to the Operations menu.
- Removed tracker sight exploit on Warhawk.
- Prevents players from inappropriately modifying ‘kick’ messages.
- Anti-cheat tool updates.
- Made changes to Clan v Clan: Remove bomb timer sounds, and restrict Ghillie suit use.
- Fix for not allowing people in an eSports system link game from viewing third person.
- Fixes issue where CODCaster icon was erroneously showing up for remote players on a private match client machine.
- Fixed issue that could cause a user to get booted for repeatedly changing classes during match.
- Fixed issue where preset camera buttons were not working while the fullscreen map is up.
- Fix to destroy planted explosives if they are placed on top of a care package and then care package is claimed before explosive.
- Fix for players that switch teams to see correct colored notifications when their allies use kill streaks.
- Fix KD history not updating in team matches that expire on time.
- Fixed the title only displaying the first two characters of the user’s gamertag in a Private Match lobby when that user does not have the same map packs as host.
- Fixed weapon information in Player Card to allow proper weapons to be seen in clan details.
- Fixed minor graphical bug related to UI rendering.
- Various bug fixes regarding non-active controllers following invites.
- Fixed a thermal sight issues that could allow the user to skip the raise animation.
- Fix for player “Time Played” category overlapping text.
- Fixing issues where guest accounts can open the leaderboards menu.
- Fixed an issue where the challenge “Sponge III” was not tracking as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the XP points popup showed for kills in killcams.
- Fixed issue where monthly/all time filters didn’t work for the squads leaderboards.
- Fixed rare instance where player is unable to call out a killstreak or care package after earning.
- Added the ability to retain intel challenges for an extra life using Resilience.
- Casual mode added to Local and Solo matches – limited achievements available and no leaderboard posting.
- Hardcore Mode added to Local, Solo, and Custom Matches for Point of Contact and Nightfall.
- Numerous fixes to Nightfall.
- Reduced the radius for Explosive Ammo.
- Fixed a cash exploit while dropping money.
- Fixed a bad location on Nightfall for one of the Stay in the Marked Area challenges.
- Nightfall now properly tracks “Mission’s Completed” on the Player Card.
- Point of Contact and Nightfall Leaderboards now both properly track Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. The columns were reversed in previous TUs.
PC Specific Update
In addition to the Title Update.
- P2P auth improvements.
- Fix for false positive VAC ban message when Steam servers are non-responsive or if the user’s VAC status cannot be determined.
Xbox One Specific Update
In addition to the Title Update.
- Added LAN support.
- Kinect voice command fix for selecting game modes.
- Fixed incorrect messaging that could occur for local parties.
Xbox 360 Specific Update
In addition to the Title Update.
- Console bans now display an error message at login.
- Fixed issue where game host wouldn’t receive an error message after not disabling party chat.
Wii U Specific Update
- Free Fall multiplayer map is now available and added to various playlists
- Fixed an issue where the Squad Reports Screen would occasionally hang on a black screen.
- Fix for a rare bots crash.
- Improved operations functionality.
- Fix for broken operations – playing a ranked game will restore operations
- Fixed an issue where throwing a tactical grenade could cause the player to switch weapons
- Fixed a Lobby Migration issue that would force the Create a Soldier screen to close
- Fix to keep the Grenade Cook Timer from becoming difficult to see
- Fixed an inconsistency in the presentation of profile names when switching controllers
- Fixed an issue that could occur at the start of a Safeguard match where the friends list would become inaccessible
- Fixed an issue where the scoreboard on the Wii U GamePad would not automatically re-open after changing Loadouts
- Fix for Leaderboards no longer updating properly after a disc eject
- Fixed a stuck spot that could be entered while crouching near an overturned table (Siege)
- Fixed issue that would occur when having hardline as last perk with specialist.
- Added no enemy callouts to incog perk description.
- Fixed an issue where connecting to a Squads game could potentially see the buttons/title for an incorrect Squad mode.
- Fixed incorrect indexing of perks with squads that had defined loadouts.
- Fixed splitscreen UI bug where the dom capture bar would be in the way of the reticle.
- Fix to validate reticle type even when switching sights.
- Fix for sound issue when seeker explodes.
- Fix for final escape being broken by player jumping off cliff after nuke activation.
- Fix for drill disappearing when grabbing the drill after using SOFLAM.
- Fixed unlimited weapon glitch in first contact.
- Various additional fixes
SOURCE: Call of Duty
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Fortnite Rift Tour event: Schedule, quests, rewards & more
The Fortnite Rift Tour event is going to be bringing a ton of musical excitement to the popular game, and...
Modern Warfare players want one change for Ground War to fix spawn trapping
Modern Warfare players are calling for the developers to make a change in the Ground War mode to help ease...
Battlefield 2042 will not have a Rental Server Program
Battlefield 2042 will release without a Rental Server Program, leaving some players and fans alike disappointed with the news.